The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #251
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Didn't Fergie get banned before a Chelsea match for praising Howard Webb a few years ago?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #252
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Fergie gets punished a lot less than other managers. Yes he's been punished but if he commits 20 offences he'll get 2 punishments, Wenger will get 6 and others will get more. And he lets rip so much when he's wronged you'd think Utd never get the rub of the green.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #253
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Finally, a strong defensive performance! God knows we needed that!

Kagawa was very good in the first half, playing brilliant one-twos with Cleverley, Welbeck and Young. FA should consider bringing him into England's midfield, LOL!

Vidic was a rock, again. Evans was even better- a wall in his own self!

Though I'm starting to doubt Smalling at right back again. Bring back the guy who owned Bale last year!

Valencia is on a pretty sharp downward spiral though. He was good in patches but really, has he somehow forgotten he can run?

West Brom really picked up tempo towards the last half an hour and it was scary, really! Well played to them.

I caught glimpses of the City match in between... seemed to be an epic.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #254
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Fergie gets punished a lot less than other managers. Yes he's been punished but if he commits 20 offences he'll get 2 punishments, Wenger will get 6 and others will get more. And he lets rip so much when he's wronged you'd think Utd never get the rub of the green.
To be fair to Fergie (and I'm loathe to do so as I don't like the man at all) most managers (and fans too) develop very selective memory about bad calls within any given game, blasting away about the ones that go against them, but ignoring any others that go their way (or if they do acknowledge them they play them down as not important).

There's been a running joke for while now about the amazing 6 foot wall that must erect itself in front of Wenger's dugout whenever Arsenal are on the right end of a bad call, inspired by his consistent "I didn't see it" gem.

Fergie's rants when a bad one goes against him are a bit priceless though, as UTD get at least as many go for them than against.

Personally, considering they are top of the table without having played all that well this season, I think Fergie should shut up and count his blessings that they are top. If his luck holds he is gonna bag another title, so no need for the histrionics when the occasional ref fails to oblige him.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #255
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Fergie is doing something Mourinho is also a master of, that stuff the journo's refer to as "The dark arts", he's took this storm in a tea cup and took all the focus away from the team and placed the scrutiny on himself.

Our game was boring today on an awful pitch but it was good to see Kagawa and Vidic looking good and to keep a clean sheet.

Newcastle must be wondering what they have to do to win a game, they have scored 3 goals back to back at Old Trafford and The Emirates and not gotten a single point, Walcott's hat-trick today was top class.

City showed their metal again, away at Norwich is not easy especially when down to 10 men, but they got the job done.

Stoke 3 - 3 Southampton, anyone who put a bet on that scoreline will have collected a nice wedge. Given how terrible Villa look they may just be the team to keep Southampton up.

Bale got his 5th yellow for diving today...Funny but I don't see the articles condemning him for ruining the British game...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
sorry I was exagerating with never, but he does seem to get away with alot more than most
I think as far as his dealings with the press go he does, but has any manager in the PL served more touchline ban time than Fergie over the last 3 or 4 years?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #256
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
To be fair to Fergie (and I'm loathe to do so as I don't like the man at all) most managers (and fans too) develop very selective memory about bad calls within any given game, blasting away about the ones that go against them, but ignoring any others that go their way (or if they do acknowledge them they play them down as not important).

There's been a running joke for while now about the amazing 6 foot wall that must erect itself in front of Wenger's dugout whenever Arsenal are on the right end of a bad call, inspired by his consistent "I didn't see it" gem.

Fergie's rants when a bad one goes against him are a bit priceless though, as UTD get at least as many go for them than against.

Personally, considering they are top of the table without having played all that well this season, I think Fergie should shut up and count his blessings that they are top. If his luck holds he is gonna bag another title, so no need for the histrionics when the occasional ref fails to oblige him.
Well I'm not loathe to as i see myself more neutral than most & give him more than enough credit for all the rest he has achieved. Also I acknowledge he has mellowed a lot in his old age and his post match comments are more balanced than they used to be.

But everyone knows that Utd over the last 20 or so years have got the rub of the green more than any other team. And because of his deserved stature in the game, people are scared to punish or speak out against Fergie much more so than other managers. When so many decisions go in his favour it's just silly & annoying when he complains so vigorously about the ones that don't.

Yeah agreed on Wenger If these guys managed to see & acknowledge when the opposition gets a bad call more regularly people might actually take their opinions seriously (beyond being afraid of what they might say).

Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #257
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Fergie is doing something Mourinho is also a master of, that stuff the journo's refer to as "The dark arts", he's took this storm in a tea cup and took all the focus away from the team and placed the scrutiny on himself.

Our game was boring today on an awful pitch but it was good to see Kagawa and Vidic looking good and to keep a clean sheet.

Newcastle must be wondering what they have to do to win a game, they have scored 3 goals back to back at Old Trafford and The Emirates and not gotten a single point, Walcott's hat-trick today was top class.

Bale got his 5th yellow for diving today...Funny but I don't see the articles condemning him for ruining the British game...............

I think as far as his dealings with the press go he does, but has any manager in the PL served more touchline ban time than Fergie over the last 3 or 4 years?
I really don't think it's that clever. Mourinho is a great manager but probably enough of an attention seeker that he would have done whatever he had done even if the team's performance didn't merit it. Fergie in a similar way is an uncontrollable hothead in those situations & I can't see him not blowing up just because his team didn't need him to. I think it's giving credit where it isn't due & in hindsight. These are the very best managers of our time so there's nearly every other area of management where they get full credit, no need for unearned freebies lol. Also seems like something designed to make the journos sound like they have some analytical ability. It's a bit like these students of literature who read all these complex underlying metaphors into a work when the author later comes out and says he didn't intend any of it.

What's your rating of Kagawa so far this season?

What do we need to do to win a game? How about not concede 10 goals in 2 games! Anyway these matches aren't going to matter as much as the later ones where we are supposed to pick up points. If we don't then we're in real trouble. Is the real Alan Pardew emerging?

Yeah, the Bale diver tag needs to get a lot more coverage if he keeps doing it.

Hunter Fergie has probably earned a lifetime of touchline bans

Last edited by Iceman; 12-30-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #258
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Its lucky that Arsenal can score fun because defensively we kind of suck.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #259
B
[insert witty comment]

I hope Ferguson reconsiders making no activity in the January transfer window..

Liverpool make first move of 9.5m for Sneijder

9.5m for Sniejder..a midfielder who we could use desperately.. I'm gonna be visibly upset if I don't even hear a rumour of us making a move for him & he ends up going to Tottenham, Liverpool or some other club for such a fee.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #260
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

That is a crazy price for Sneijder! Who wouldn't want him for that?

Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #261
bapi
Side-Kick

Ba will meet Chelsea tomorrow.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #262
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Yes Chelsea, let Lampard go...

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #263
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

9.5mil for Wesley sounds well and good till you consider his wages!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #264
Van Petrol
Vacant

All aboard the Walcott hype train now it appears, lol..

Old 12-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #265
Van Petrol
Vacant

What is Sneijder like these days? I was under the impression that he has been slowly on the wane since Inter won the CL and the last World Cup?...

Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #266
kit1982
Side-Kick

HAHAHAHAHAHA come on Liverpool you scouse beauties!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #267
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

at least we remembered how to play this game! much more like it

on a side note hope to **** we do not get Sneider

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #268
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Ba will meet Chelsea tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Yes Chelsea, let Lampard go...
Yep, pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
9.5mil for Wesley sounds well and good till you consider his wages!
Good point. At least 200k a week I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
All aboard the Walcott hype train now it appears, lol..
I can't remember but did you actually want him to leave?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #269
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I can't remember but did you actually want him to leave?
I couldn't care less either way, tbh. I'm not his biggest fan, as you can probably tell.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #270
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
What is Sneijder like these days? I was under the impression that he has been slowly on the wane since Inter won the CL and the last World Cup?...
He's a great player but always injured and will be 29 in June. Probably Inter would accept 6M but will depend on his wages I think.

Meanwhile Debuchy will be in Newcastle this wednesday (only 5.5M).

And it's good to see that Isco is a City fan:

Also we still want Deulofeu and another CB (Hummels, Subotic and N'Koulou are our targets).

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #271
ttotheusher
In the Palais

So, Demba Ba to Chelsea is...odd. Seems like another Abramovich impulse glamour buy.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #272
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
And it's good to see that Isco is a City fan:

Also we still want Deulofeu and another CB (Hummels, Subotic and N'Koulou are our targets).
Isco isn't a Manchester City fan.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #273
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Sepp Blatter's obvious hate/bias against the US is disgusting.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...e-hold?cc=5901

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #274
Van Petrol
Vacant

Heard from some trusty Arsenal ITK's that Zaha is likely to sign for us and also that we are seriously interested in David Villa and he wants to join us, but Barca aren't too keen as they want him as back up to Messi.

Have to see how things pan out, but it is imperative that we do some good business in this window if we are to push on well for the rest of the season.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #275
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The 'Dark Arts' refers more to teams that do anything to win. Deliberate fouls, diving, cheating in general etc. What Fergie and Jose do is 'Mind Games', and both know how to press the right buttons with the media to get a desired response. Jose actually loved winding up the British press while he was here (and did indeed make sure that most of the negative press stayed on him rather than affecting the players), but I think he has found it a bit harder in Italy and Spain to provoke them the same way (I think they are a bit wiser than our bunch, especially the tabloid mob, many of whom I consider to be extremely ignorant biased cretins)