Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #1101
NightBeetle
Turbo Justice!!!!

Default Re: War of Kings

Preview: Realm Of Kings Inhumans #3

Quote:
It’s chaos in the streets of Hala as the Kree aristocracy rise up and revolt against the Inhumans! What legendary weapons have been unleashed upon the Royal Family? Meanwhile, in The Fault, Triton’s expedition closes on the source of a mysterious and chillingly recognizable voice...have they found Black Bolt?

''You wanna be a man's man, you ask her out to her face. You wanna be a man's man's man, you tell her when you're gonna pick her up rather than ask her for a date. You wanna be a man's, man's, man's, man, then you gotta go to prison.'' -Anubis

Quantum Zone - The Unofficial Quasar Site
Old 01-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #1102
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Finally, a glimpse of Quasar since the Realm of Kings one-shot at the end of Imperial Guard 3. I want to see how they resolve this.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #1103
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Apparently the evil Quasar and the normal Quasar will coexist. The April '10 solicitation for Nova says Nova, Darkhawk, and Quasar return to Earth and that the evil Quasar will be involved somehow.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #1104
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Oh. Joy.

This should be interesting, actually. I want to see how this will resolve and how much of an impact Realm of Kings will affect all of the Cosmic Marvelverse.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #1105
NightBeetle
Turbo Justice!!!!

Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard #4 Preview

Quote:
THE STORY: Deep in the Fault, the Imperial Guard uncovers a catastrophic threat to the security of the entire Marvel Cosmos. The question is, can they stop it? Can they survive long enough to get a warning to Gladiator? And is the greatest threat they face actually coming from inside their own ranks? It's more mind-blowing combat sci-fi at its most brutal from the creators that do it best! Rated T $3.99

''You wanna be a man's man, you ask her out to her face. You wanna be a man's man's man, you tell her when you're gonna pick her up rather than ask her for a date. You wanna be a man's, man's, man's, man, then you gotta go to prison.'' -Anubis

Old 02-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #1106
NightBeetle
Turbo Justice!!!!

Cosmic Book News:Imperial Guard #3

Quote:
We see that the Quasar from Imperial Guard #3 is not the Evil Quasar, after all.
Meaning we have TWO Cosmic Avengers. Heck, I only wanted one back. Thanks, Marvel!

This is further supported in the solicit for Nova #36 where Nova, Quasar and Darkhawk head back to earth to warn them about The Fault and whatever is coming their way (presumably). Magus? Thanos? Shuma-Gorath? Something else?
Hmmm…We know Marvel is entering the “Heroic Age.” The Avengers are going to need a big baddie to go up against. It just so happens that the Infinity Gems have found a nice warm and cozy home on Earth. Wonder if any of the above mentioned have had anything to do with those jewels? Wonder if ANYONE else is interested in them?

Curiously, Bendis has tweeted about a Cosmic Level threat this year for the Avengers….
Back to Quasar.

What could be happening at Project Pegasus? I’m thinking that Anti-Quasar (didn’t feel like using Darth Quasar) is pretending to be the Protector of the Universe. Otherwise, he would be wreckin’ major havoc and would be -or at least should be- noticed by the rest of Marvel U. Unless, right now that havoc is currently confined to Project Pegasus that is. Speaking of which, is PP being mentioned in any other Marvel book(s)? I know it was mentioned in a book that has recently come out in the past couple weeks or so. Mighty Avengers? A Hulk title? FF?

Speaking of the Fantastic Four, Annihilus makes his return in April’s issue, #578. Last time we saw him buggin’ anyone was in the pages of War of Kings: Ascension. Well, maybe buggin’ his mom, I suppose. Do bugs have “moms?” The question does arise, is this the same Annihilus from the pages of Annihilation? If so, how is the FF going to deal with his power upgrade? If they have Annihilus job to the FF that will totally look ridiculous, imo. Of course, this “reborn” Annihilus could have different powers etc. Man, I hate when they do that. However, Hickman’s current FF stuff to date has been very good so we’ll see.

From the preview for Imperial Guard #4 that comes out this week, we see Quasar and Oracle are attempting to send a message out from The Fault. I’m assuming it gets through and Quasar makes his way out (dang, that Nova #36 solicit was heavy on spoilers, eh?). Looks like good stuff coming up for Quasar!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #1107
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Dang, I didn't know Quasar was so heavily involved in Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard. I probably would've kept reading if I had.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #1108
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

I don't know if I would say the same. At $4 an issue, Imperial Guard #1 was not worth it.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #1109
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just finished WOK, loved it, although Ronan being incapacitated for most of it and Blackbolt getting beat by both Gladiator and Vulcan was a bit much, overall I liked the series.

I want to get the TPB of Realm Of Kings but can only find one titled The Imperial Guard, does this TPB cover all of RoK or are there more?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #1110
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread