The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #951
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

I wonder if any Kaleesh will be in the movie. Love to see more on my favorite character's species.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 12-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #952
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
I wonder if any Kaleesh will be in the movie. Love to see more on my favorite character's species.
It would awesome to see more Kaleesh in live-action form. I used to be quite a advocate of Grievous and the CIS...the Republic was boring .

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #953
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

So far; in terms of "Critical Reception", the last Disney Live Action film to have been received pretty well and that was created on a big scale basis was the first Pirates film.

Since then, all of their live action grand scale attempts (as far as I can recall): The rest of the Pirates films, John Carter, Prince of Persia, and The Three Musketeers, have really showcased some of the worst forms of storytelling and critical reception that I've seen in awhile.

I have no doubt that Star Wars will make a lot of money at the BO since the brand pretty much sells itself at this point; it's the quality of the story that I'm worried about since we haven't really gotten a critically acclaimed film from both fans and the GA for a long time.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #954
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So far; in terms of "Critical Reception", the last Disney Live Action film to have been received pretty well and that was created on a big scale basis was the first Pirates film.

Since then, all of their live action grand scale attempts (as far as I can recall): The rest of the Pirates films, John Carter, Prince of Persia, and The Three Musketeers, have really showcased some of the worst forms of storytelling and critical reception that I've seen in awhile.

I have no doubt that Star Wars will make a lot of money at the BO since the brand pretty much sells itself at this point; it's the quality of the story that I'm worried about since we haven't really gotten a critically acclaimed film from both fans and the GA for a long time.
Uh are you forgetting Avengers? Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm and its future projects are being handled in the same way. Disney will distribute and oversee the project the same as they did the Avengers. That was a critically and financially praised film so I think we are in perfectly good hands.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 12-31-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #955
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

It seems to me all four Pirates movies get a pretty decent reception, screw the critics I say! I love all four Pirates, Prince of Persia, John Carter, but I'm not sure what Three Musketeers Disney has done that wasn't the animated one starring Mickey Mouse...

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #956
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
It seems to me all four Pirates movies get a pretty decent reception, screw the critics I say! I love all four Pirates, Prince of Persia, John Carter, but I'm not sure what Three Musketeers Disney has done that wasn't the animated one starring Mickey Mouse...
Have you not seen the live action one with Charlie Sheen? Tho critics be damned I love that film. Seems random to mention that film. Disney has distributed and financed many good live action movies in the last decade.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #957
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Have you not seen the live action one with Charlie Sheen? Tho critics be damned I love that film. Seems random to mention that film. Disney has distributed and financed many good live action movies in the last decade.
Oh snap I forgot Disney did that one! That film was about 20 years ago wasn't it? I do remember enjoying it I only saw it one time...

Disney has really improved in their live-action area.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #958
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Oh snap I forgot Disney did that one! That film was about 20 years ago wasn't it? I do remember enjoying it I only saw it one time...

Disney has really improved in their live-action area.
Agreed. Disney's executives have a pulse on people's tastes - or at least have hired and are heeding the advice of people who do. At this point, Disney really should just be granted permission to print their own money as it seems a tad bit less hassle for the same result.

Sure, it's not quite the levels of Michael Bay alchemy of turning crap into gold, but at least there's substance to it and you don't feel like your IQ has dropped by half by the end of the show.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #959
CGHulk
Green Guy

Star Wars car wash!
http://carhumor.net/star-wars-car-wash/
http://status-cars.com/sara-jean-und...ash-pics-vids/

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-02-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #960
Bim
Side-Kick

Happy new year, Star Wars fans! Hopefully 2013 will bring us great news and more info in the upcoming movies. May the Force be with us all

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #961
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

Here's hoping to a great Star Wars movie.

Love your signature by the way, Bim. What I'd give to see Kiefer Sutherland in Star Wars.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #962
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #963
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

God, Anakin was such a puss...

Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #964
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Obi-wan: "If you jump I will cut your **** off."

*Anikan jumps*

*Gets **** cut right the **** off*

Anikan: "Ahhhhhhh my power!!!!!"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-01-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #965
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually thought he wasn't bad. My main problem was with that Lloyd kid from the first one and next time we see Anakin the leap in character was just ridiculous. How'd he go from innocent infant to frustrated teen prodigy full of hate was just too much of a leap of faith for the audience to connect to. Was also a bit unconvinced how he just suddenly accepted being called Darth Vadar and was OK to wipe little Jedi kids so easily. That was again too big a leap in the character, but I didn't have an issue with Hayden Christensen at all.
OK off topic.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look awful these days, so unless they get the personal trainers out and knock off 40kg's the film will look stupid (look at that Marion from the last Indiana Jones film. Came back old and fat and looked just out of place).

Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #966
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

She's actually aged quite gracefully, imo. Karen Allen, that is (Marion).

Old 01-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #967
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Well, while I didn't agree with some of Anakin's random actions in Episode III i really liked him in Episode II. Might be crazy, but I could see the character who would eventually be Vader...Episode III was kinda a different Anakin...I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Obi-wan: "If you jump I will cut your **** off."

*Anikan jumps*

*Gets **** cut right the **** off*

Anikan: "Ahhhhhhh my power!!!!!"
Yeah, not to smart lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I think so, old AND fat? I don't think so.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #968
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Actually thought he wasn't bad. My main problem was with that Lloyd kid from the first one and next time we see Anakin the leap in character was just ridiculous. How'd he go from innocent infant to frustrated teen prodigy full of hate was just too much of a leap of faith for the audience to connect to. Was also a bit unconvinced how he just suddenly accepted being called Darth Vadar and was OK to wipe little Jedi kids so easily. That was again too big a leap in the character, but I didn't have an issue with Hayden Christensen at all.
OK off topic.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look awful these days, so unless they get the personal trainers out and knock off 40kg's the film will look stupid (look at that Marion from the last Indiana Jones film. Came back old and fat and looked just out of place).

Agree, George Lucas inability to write or direct also hampered all that as well.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #969
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Karen Allen definitely was NOT fat in KOCS. She wasn't as skinny as she was in Raiders, but that's to be expected since that was over 30 years ago.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #970
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
OK off topic.

I think Attack of the Clones should of had Anakin more like his child version. Jedi are perfect and together we will make the universe a better place. Then later on with his mother he gets down but still doesn't show much hate. Then in Revenge of the Sith they have enough bad things happen to him, where he finally admits trying to be a good person doesn't cut it.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #971
CGHulk
Green Guy

Star Wars Art Nouveau
http://macguffinandpuffin.wordpress....sses-and-more/

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #972
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Imagine one having Marion Ravenwood as their grandmother.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #973
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

It shoulddn't particularly matter how much the original cast has aged IF:

a) The amount of instory time that has past is unreasonable and
b) if their roles are not significant

Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #974
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
@slashfilm Who said the lead character in Star Wars Episode VII is going to be a male star? https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/286945768097595395
A female lead would be a nice change of pace IMO.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #975
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Extra points if she isn't human.

Closed Thread