The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 12-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #276
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Casting for She-Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
so should there be a separate actress for human Jennifer, or should there be some kind of dual-role achieved with CGI and makeup?
I say go for what was achieved with ruffalo's hulk. We should still be able to tell it's Jen when she's hulked out

Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #277
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Motion capture would probably be the best, as you'd need a combo of makeup and some kind of depth perception camera work to get what you want with a decent actress and not just some bodybuilder model.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #278
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Do what was done with Golem in the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Andy Sirkis is completely different in size but don't say he was acting the role there. Then they can mix more simulated models because She-Hulk still needs to be very tall.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #279
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #280
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
I say go for what was achieved with ruffalo's hulk. We should still be able to tell it's Jen when she's hulked out
Yes, same actress for both please.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #281
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Unlike with Hulk, Jen still looks very human in She-Hulk form, just augmented in various places and much hotter. I still say they should use Movie Reshape on the actress. That will allow her to look perfectly natural and realistic, and not simply a mo-capped character.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #282
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I would use Dr. Manhattan as a reference point in regards to how real it could look, but he didn't really do much aside from speak and just stare blankly at you.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #283
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I say when Mark Ruffolo's (spelling?) contract is up and he no longer wants to play Hulk, why not just have his cousin come in to join the Avengers? Go back and reveal her origin in a flashback (that she was hit by a car and had to get a transfusion from Bruce) and there you go. No need to recast him and no need to make a whole movie about her origin.
And I agree. Best way to go is the Dr. Manhattan way.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #284
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I say when Mark Ruffolo's (spelling?) contract is up and he no longer wants to play Hulk, why not just have his cousin come in to join the Avengers? Go back and reveal her origin in a flashback (that she was hit by a car and had to get a transfusion from Bruce) and there you go. No need to recast him and no need to make a whole movie about her origin.
And I agree. Best way to go is the Dr. Manhattan way.
She was shot by mobsters, unless you're trying to change her origin again.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #285
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I was, just to simplify the story so you wouldn't have to show much about it.
If there is this whole story about mobsters then the audience might need to see it or would want to.
Car crash, hit and run, or something is better because its less of a story.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #286
kedrell

Kinda short changes the character, IMO. Too much of that kind of stuff in superhero movies as it is.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #287
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Kinda short changes the character, IMO. Too much of that kind of stuff in superhero movies as it is.
My intention was actually the opposite. I thought the origin out of the way would leave more time to focus on her character and her being an important part of the Avengers. Sometimes, because of origins, the character can take forever to even get to the big screen. A character like She-Hulk, being a spin off of the Hulk, may not get her own film any time soon. But I think people are familiar enough with the Hulk that the movies can start doing things like introduce She-Hulk, or bring in the idea of the Gray Hulk or the Smart Hulk.
Just trying to speed up the process.

Last edited by Artistsean; 01-24-2013 at 01:40 AM.