The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #376
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Naruto - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
Lets hope so, since Naruto is, of course, the Harry Potter of Japan.
Isn't that One Piece? It already beat the records of the sales of Harry Potter and Dragon Ball there and it's sales are 3 or 4 times bigger than Naruto's

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #377
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, after seeing on how strong Madara is, one can only wonder on what the First Hokage must have been like in his prime if he was capable of defeating Madara in his prime.

I also wonder if Sasuke and the revived Orochimaru will make it onto the battlefield (assuming if that's where they're going) before Madara and Obito are defeated or if there'll be some time that passes to give some room of fresh air between Naruto winning on the battlefield and his eventual confrontation with Sasuke.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #378
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Last we heard of Sasuke he was going to talk to the one who 'knows it all' and then will finally make a decision on how he wants to deal with everything he was told from Tobi/Obito and his brother. I can totally see them showing up at one point and helping everyone against Madara and Obito.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #379
Lord
All Mighty

When Sasuke went on too meet the one "who knows it all" i had the feeling that we were only going to see more of him after the war is over, but then again now that the alliance is all in the same place it would be a good oportunity for him to attack Konoha and the elders

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #380
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, after seeing on how strong Madara is, one can only wonder on what the First Hokage must have been like in his prime if he was capable of defeating Madara in his prime.
Well, I don't think Madara could use mokuton and the Rinnegan on his battle against the First Hokage. That only came way later.

Quote:
I also wonder if Sasuke and the revived Orochimaru will make it onto the battlefield (assuming if that's where they're going) before Madara and Obito are defeated or if there'll be some time that passes to give some room of fresh air between Naruto winning on the battlefield and his eventual confrontation with Sasuke.
I think that's exactly what is going to happen. Sasuke and Oro will be our break from Naruto and all else, that's why I don't think we'll shift to Sasuke by the next chapters. This war against the Juubi, Tobi and Madara is going to end first.

I also believe there will be one more fight before Sasuke and Naruto. I'm betting on Kabuto fighting against Orochimaru and Taka will probably help.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #381
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Isn't that One Piece? It already beat the records of the sales of Harry Potter and Dragon Ball there and it's sales are 3 or 4 times bigger than Naruto's
Plot wise, story wise, character wise, naruto more closely resembles Harry potter.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #382
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Has anyone been watching the five part filler that' been going on in "Naruto" as of late; entitled "Power"? I gotta say, that out of all of the fillers that I've seen in the series as a whole, this is my most favorite; hell, it's very close to being short of a feature film for the franchise if you were to edit all five episodes together.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #383
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Yeah, I am and it's indeed pretty good. I just wish the animation for the canon episodes was as good as it is for this filler. Tomorrow will be the final episode.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #384
Victarion
Dolt

Has Kishimoto ever revealed if he originally intended on ending the Naruto manga sooner? I believe Toriyama wanted to end DBZ after Namek, but instead eventually got to shift focus to Gohan, as was his original intention with DBZ.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #385
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Not sure about that but I can't see any point in the manga where it looks like it could have been done. Unless all this tobi/obito and 4th War stuff was never intended.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #386
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, I just finished watching the last filler episode:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, unlike the usual filler stuff where it's believable that it could have happened between the canon events going on in the actual series, there's no way that the stuff that took place in the last five part filler could have taken place.

Why?

1. Naruto is able to unlock his nine tail/super saiyan like cloak in the final battle.

2. His seal mark is completely gone on his stomach at the end of the ordeal.

So yeah, this was basically a mini movie in a way, especially with how they did the credits as well.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #387
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Has Kishimoto ever revealed if he originally intended on ending the Naruto manga sooner? I believe Toriyama wanted to end DBZ after Namek, but instead eventually got to shift focus to Gohan, as was his original intention with DBZ.
That's a spread rumor that's not true, here's an analisis on the multiple instances he seemed to be prepared to end it:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/

As for Kishi i don't know, i'm sure Kishimoto never thought it would last this long but after Part I ended he probabily only wanted it to last 27 more volumes or something like that and decided to prolong a little. I doubt he ever had any plan about all the twists besides Naruto eventually fighting Sasuke, Tobi being the true leader of the Akatsuki doesn't seem like something he originally intended, or the fact that Tobi could sumon the 10 tails without needing Naruto and Bee since the purpose of starting the war was to get them. Instead he could have done the jutsu hiden in someplace while the countries were thinking on how to defend Naruto and Bee

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #388
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The fillers are over now; and just saw the newest episode that finally gets back to the Shinobi War arc; wow, Naruto kicked all kinds of ass in his Nine Tails Chakra mode.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #389
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Holy crap; things just got serious in the latest chapter...

Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #390
Liam_H
Side-Kick

It seems the obvious route would be to have an all out melee but I wonder if they are just going to be questioned for info.

Spill

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #391
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Hmm very interesting. I think they're in for a barrage of truth one that will maybe even lead them to help out Naruto against Tobi and Madara. Maybe.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #392
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Naruto, Kakashi, and Minato are all gonna Talk-No-Jutsu Tobi.

Spill

Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #393
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Throw in Sasuke and company in there and we'll make it a party.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #394
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
It seems the obvious route would be to have an all out melee but I wonder if they are just going to be questioned for info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Hmm very interesting. I think they're in for a barrage of truth one that will maybe even lead them to help out Naruto against Tobi and Madara. Maybe.
Well, at least there's one bright side to this:

Now the souls of the first four hokages won't be condemmed to stay a eternity of what's basically hell for their heroic sacrifices.

I always thought that it was a bit extreme to have their souls trapped in a constant void where they're engage in a never ending battle between the beings that they were either sealed by or had sealed. Seemed too cruel for my taste.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #395
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I was always fine with that, a price you pay for using such a technique. However, was Sarutobi just "fighting" with a pair of arms in purgatory? Also wouldn't the other half of the Nine Tails chakra be released now too.

Spill

Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #396
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

I can't see Oro not bringing them to the war to stop Madara and Obito.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #397
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also wouldn't the other half of the Nine Tails chakra be released now too.
Holy crap. Didn't think of that.

Could be a[nother] massive powerup for Naruto in store. That is, if Kishi remembers that aspect of his story.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #398
Nathan

Man, wouldn't that make Naruto unstoppable then? Look just how badass he is with only half of the Kyuubi's chakra.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #399
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, at least there's one bright side to this:

Now the souls of the first four hokages won't be condemmed to stay a eternity of what's basically hell for their heroic sacrifices.

I always thought that it was a bit extreme to have their souls trapped in a constant void where they're engage in a never ending battle between the beings that they were either sealed by or had sealed. Seemed too cruel for my taste.
Yeah, I always thought about that, too. Even if the series had a happy ending, the hokages would still be trapped inside there.

Quote:
I was always fine with that, a price you pay for using such a technique. However, was Sarutobi just "fighting" with a pair of arms in purgatory? Also wouldn't the other half of the Nine Tails chakra be released now too.
I completely forgot about that. If even Oro's arms could come out, then the chakra should too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
I can't see Oro not bringing them to the war to stop Madara and Obito.
Well, he did say that he wasn't interested in the war, so I don't see it happening.
I think this will only be a conversation, but it would be a waste to not use them for any battle.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 AM   #400
Liam_H
Side-Kick

As morbid as the Hokages being trapped sounded, I was completely fine with it. Shows that there's consequences, wasn't just bad stuff happening for the sake of it.

One reason this War arc has been pretty disappointing.

Spill