The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #801
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

^^Once you post, you can't un-post (you can't delete your post). The best you can do is edit it and remove all content.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #802
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Let's play a little game called what is Loki thinking?



This image is from the scene where Odin banishes Thor and the moment just after when Odin says "you are unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed" to Thor.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #803
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

"This. . .is more than I bargained for."

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #804
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
^^Once you post, you can't un-post (you can't delete your post). The best you can do is edit it and remove all content.
hey now, sure you can. I've seen many others do it before, including you american maid! lol



oh wait nevermind, you are explaining what I did to godzilla :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Let's play a little game called what is Loki thinking?



This image is from the scene where Odin banishes Thor and the moment just after when Odin says "you are unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed" to Thor.
"yesssssssss"

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #805
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perched atop my tower sanctuary.
Posts: 7,539
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72;24919145[IMG
"Why does Godzilla2000 want to fantasy cast me as Hermes in a God of War Movie Trilogy when she knows in the end I would violently get my legs ripped off by Kratos for my boots and bleed to death?"

But seriously, I'd think in character Loki's thinking about what Odin would do to him when he finds out about his even more treacherous betrayals.

__________________
- Never trust anyone whose attentions easily wander.

- Stop offering me things I don't want.

- Everything is too much to ask for people I find repulsive and disgusting.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #806
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
"This. . .is more than I bargained for."
I can see that as a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

"yesssssssss"
I'm trying to bite my tongue here and let people say what they want but I dont' know how this look even remotely says "yessssssssss"....



I mean, that is NOT a happy triumphant look on his face. And no one is paying any attention to him or looking at him at all (other than the audience). Thor and Odin are totally engrossed in their own conversation... so he's not putting on the sad puppy dog eyes for them, certainly.

I think drawing from the line he says later when talking to Sif and the Warriors 3 ("I had no idea father would banish him for what he did!"), and that moment that he tries to interrupt but is HAARRGHed at by Odin, that he is sorry there for his part in Thor's comeuppance there. So while he had his part in them winding up on Jotunheim, he had no idea that Odin would be so upset with Thor as to banish him. I think he wanted Thor to tick off Odin yes, to push back the coronation (at THAT point in the movie) but not to get rid of Thor permanently (at THAT point in the movie).

He also possibly could be worrying about the punishment he might get after Odin is done with Thor, but based on the amount of anger that Loki shows Odin in the Vault scene, I don't think he's THAT afraid of Odin getting angry back at him and punishing him. If he was afraid of Odin punishing him for insolence, he wouldn't have lashed out so strongly at him in the vault. (angry asking "What am I? What more than that?", "The casket wasn't the only think you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" and screaming "TELLLLLLL MEEEEE!" Those aren't ways that you speak to someone you are afraid of.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
But seriously, I'd think in character Loki's thinking about what Odin would do to him when he finds out about his even more treacherous betrayals.
possibly he could be worrying about himself, but then see what I wrote above about him not seeming at all afraid of Odin punishing him in the vault.

Now what do you think, is that possibly part of the problem? Loki gets away with things that Thor doesn't, because Odin loves Thor enough to punish him so harshly, and yet give him a chance for redemption. But Loki at least feels that he is the less important, less loved, (now learned) adopted son, and it sort of comes through at least subconsciously. He feels at least subconsciously that Odin wouldn't have been so disappointed in Thor, to punish him so harshly, if he didn't love him so much, and yet Loki gets away with more because Odin doesn't care as much? This is just an idea I'm playing with, not sure how I feel about this yet.


Last edited by elizah72; 12-30-2012 at 04:07 PM.
elizah72 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #807
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I don't think he's THAT afraid of Odin getting angry back at him and punishing him. If he was afraid of Odin punishing him for insolence, he wouldn't have lashed out so strongly at him in the vault. (angry asking "What am I? What more than that?", "The casket wasn't the only think you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" and screaming "TELLLLLLL MEEEEE!" Those aren't ways that you speak to someone you are afraid of.)
Well, Odin is one of his parents, someone he knows very well. So you can have a mixture of fear and frustration and instinctively go to push that person's buttons without thinking much about the consequences.



Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
possibly he could be worrying about himself, but then see what I wrote above about him not seeming at all afraid of Odin punishing him in the vault.

Now what do you think, is that possibly part of the problem? Loki gets away with things that Thor doesn't, because Odin loves Thor enough to punish him so harshly, and yet give him a chance for redemption. But Loki at least feels that he is the less important, less loved, (now learned) adopted son, and it sort of comes through at least subconsciously. He feels at least subconsciously that Odin wouldn't have been so disappointed in Thor, to punish him so harshly, if he didn't love him so much, and yet Loki gets away with more because Odin doesn't care as much? This is just an idea I'm playing with, not sure how I feel about this yet.
I can see that, if at some level Odin just doesn't expect as much out of Loki. I'm not certain movie Odin is that ambivalent, though. They seem to be showing him as genuinely loving his children. Prior to the lines you quote, Loki asks, "What am I?" and Odin replies, "You're my son." And the delivery of that line is warm.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #808
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,075
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Let's play a little game called what is Loki thinking?



This image is from the scene where Odin banishes Thor and the moment just after when Odin says "you are unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed" to Thor.
Loki's thinking "oh no! Brother and Father are ruining the chances of a family trip to McDonald's! The best food on Midgard!"

__________________
Hail HydraSinestro!
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #809
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perched atop my tower sanctuary.
Posts: 7,539
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Yep, that kind of stuff was what prevented many McDonald's trips when I was a kid.

__________________
- Never trust anyone whose attentions easily wander.

- Stop offering me things I don't want.

- Everything is too much to ask for people I find repulsive and disgusting.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #810
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I can see that as a possibility.



I'm trying to bite my tongue here and let people say what they want but I dont' know how this look even remotely says "yessssssssss"....


Not gunna lie Elizah, I tried to think of the thing that looked the least like it, meaning, the one that wouldn't make any sense so yes, how one could assume he is thinking "yessssssss" is beyond me, so that's why I said it

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #811
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not gunna lie Elizah, I tried to think of the thing that looked the least like it, meaning, the one that wouldn't make any sense so yes, how one could assume he is thinking "yessssssss" is beyond me, so that's why I said it
Ah-haaaa! Okay. LOL Gotcha.


elizah72 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #812
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not gunna lie Elizah, I tried to think of the thing that looked the least like it, meaning, the one that wouldn't make any sense so yes, how one could assume he is thinking "yessssssss" is beyond me, so that's why I said it
Causing mischief, I see.

How apropos!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #813
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Causing mischief, I see.

How apropos!

elizah72 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #814
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

^^hahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #815
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Ughh.... I love new Tom quotes about Thor 2 as much as the next person but I wish he would say something new!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-16256233.html

blah.

btw, don't the toys for the films come out several months prior to release? How early do they usually come out? (I'm starting to think we won't see Loki until then! UGH!)

elizah72 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #816
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Ughh.... I love new Tom quotes about Thor 2 as much as the next person but I wish he would say something new!
He's probably only authorized to say certain things. Once he finds a phrase that's safe, he probably wants to stick with it.

Take heart--only 310 days now!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #817
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

I know, I know... just blahhh.... I want some Thor2 pictures or artwork with Loki already! Hopefully soon.

We were talking the other day in PM about Lawrence of Arabia and it occurred to me if they were to remake that, Tom would make an absolutely fantastic T.E. Lawrence.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #818
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sitting comfortably between Loki & Winter Soldier
Posts: 2,877
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Ughh.... I love new Tom quotes about Thor 2 as much as the next person but I wish he would say something new!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-16256233.html

blah.

btw, don't the toys for the films come out several months prior to release? How early do they usually come out? (I'm starting to think we won't see Loki until then! UGH!)
It's those pesky Marvel Snipers that he's afraid of, they follow him around everywhere

__________________
Hill:Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #819
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
We were talking the other day in PM about Lawrence of Arabia and it occurred to me if they were to remake that, Tom would make an absolutely fantastic T.E. Lawrence.
I can see that. The review I had mentioned said that the movie asks, "Who is Lawrence?" and that it shows that Lawrence himself struggles with that question. It's plain from his work in the Marvel franchise that Hiddleston would portray that well.

There was a lot that was so well done in the original, though, that I think a new project would struggle to define itself and not invite comparison to the 1962 version.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #820
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Ah-haaaa! Okay. LOL Gotcha.

haha this is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Causing mischief, I see.

How apropos!
hey, what if I actually AM loki? and this is all a disguise, and a cover??...

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #821
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
haha this is good
hey, what if I actually AM loki? and this is all a disguise, and a cover??...
Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie.

... such as casting an incredibly sweet gorgeous British gentleman to depict him in such a way that most of the audience has what the Midgardians call "major feels" for him, and he amasses a HUGE Fangirl (and boy) army, many of whom love him more than his brother Thor!

that's it. Kenneth Brannagh must be the real Loki then.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-02-2013 at 02:00 PM.
elizah72 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #822
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie.

... such as casting an incredibly sweet gorgeous British gentleman to depict him in such a way that most of the audience has what the Midgardians call "major feels" for him, and he amasses a HUGE Fangirl (and boy) army, many of whom love him more than his brother Thor!

that's it. Kenneth Brannagh must be the real Loki then.

hahahah so true. But yeah, not just Loki, but all of it, I am starting to get irritated by the lack of Thor 2 footage/pictures

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #823
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
hey, what if I actually AM loki? and this is all a disguise, and a cover??...
Well, that *would* be consistent with your earlier claim that we had tried to put Chris Hemsworth's face on your body. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie.
Are you sure?? http://forums.superherohype.com/show...s#post24752497


__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #824
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
hahahah so true. But yeah, not just Loki, but all of it, I am starting to get irritated by the lack of Thor 2 footage/pictures
and it's not like he's going to look all THAT different from the last two time. But still, it would be nice to see him in costume just to reaffirm that he's in it. (not that I'm doubting he will be, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, that *would* be consistent with your earlier claim that we had tried to put Chris Hemsworth's face on your body. . . .
ROFLMAO!!!! Um... did that come out the way you wanted AM?

Nonetheless, there are few people on this planet who wouldn't want Chris Hemsworth's face on their body. although some would prefer Tom Hiddleston have a go first.

Oh, but that's not fair! That would hypothetically be on the Thorhaters forum on the nine realms internet. They must have an internet between realms, because where else would they go to find out the dirt on Odin's declining strength, and the rest of the Asgardian Royal family, like who is adopted and what Midgardian female has caught Thor's eye.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #825
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, that *would* be consistent with your earlier claim that we had tried to put Chris Hemsworth's face on your body. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
ROFLMAO!!!! Um... did that come out the way you wanted AM?
Hey, he said it, not me.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=322

Elizah had said:
Quote:
Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Oh, but that's not fair! That would hypothetically be on the Thorhaters forum on the nine realms internet. They must have an internet between realms, because where else would they go to find out the dirt on Odin's declining strength, and the rest of the Asgardian Royal family, like who is adopted and what Midgardian female has caught Thor's eye.
It's Loki talking about the new Thor movie on a Thor message board. It's all there in black-and-whatever-background-color-you've-chosen.


(Part of what made that so hilarious is the thought of Loki wasting his time posting to a message board to the brother that he can't stand.)

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.