The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Days of Future Lounge

I wish they didn't mess up Betsy in X3 . She's one of my faveourite X-Men I would have loved to see her in DOFP.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #52
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
... Plus Magneto actually has his forcefield and Iceman actually has his ice-slide!

Yay!

They are naked without

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
This is one of the best X-Men comic-book covers ever! It has the founder of the X-Men, the most iconic villain in the X-Men universe and 11 of the most well-known X-Men members. Just include Nightcrawler and it will be complete to me. And the fact that it was the cover of the most selling comic-book of all time makes it more special.
At the time I think it sold about 8m copies. Amazing for just 1 issue. Yes, excellent cover & with 1 or 2 additions would be perfect. Jim Lee & Chris Claremont were the right guys to take on this job. A lot of the individual character shots in this cover are iconic in their own right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I wish they didn't mess up Betsy in X3 . She's one of my faveourite X-Men I would have loved to see her in DOFP.
Yep, big fan & used to have her in my old username. Complete waste in X3 but at least the role was so small & crappy we can start fresh in a new film one day and everyone will forget she was ever in it. But DOFP is upping the crazy bar with time travel so some of the more out there aspects of Psylocke might have been possible. Shame

Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #53
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yay!

They are naked without
I don't think we'll ever see Magneto's forcefield now - it would too random, like 'Huh, why didn't he do that in the other films?'. But there is potential for Iceman to hone his skills into creating ice slides!

Quote:
Yep, big fan & used to have her in my old username. Complete waste in X3 but at least the role was so small & crappy we can start fresh in a new film one day and everyone will forget she was ever in it. But DOFP is upping the crazy bar with time travel so some of the more out there aspects of Psylocke might have been possible. Shame
The X3 role was reduced during production. I interviewed the actress about it. She said there had been a scene where Psylocke used her psi-blades in a laboratory fight scene, but it was cut and never filmed. By that time, the actress had been cast and the costuming and styling completed, and so we had that very limited version of the character. I'd say there is scope to do a proper version of Psylocke in future, as the character's name is never mentioned in X3 and the role is so minor.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #54
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Did anyone notice Hugh and Halle are starring in yet another movie together?

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #55
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

No.I didn't know that.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #56
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Yeah... don't see it.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #57
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I was just watching the old ads for the first X-Men film. For such a good movie, they sure did have crappy trailers and TV Spots

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #58
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah... don't see it.
Hahah I would IMDB this but I think it'd be more fun to ask here: what is it?

It's a shame that Jim Lee's art doesn't do it for me any more. Even his modern stuff is just very meh. Plus he's working on DC characters who I couldn't care less about.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #59
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Hahah I would IMDB this but I think it'd be more fun to ask here: what is it?

Just look up a trailer for it, and let's never speak of it again.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #60
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Oh yea I remember seeing a poster for it (yea *that* poster). I know what you mean now (and I didn't even have to google or imdb it) LOL

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #61
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
I don't think we'll ever see Magneto's forcefield now - it would too random, like 'Huh, why didn't he do that in the other films?'. But there is potential for Iceman to hone his skills into creating ice slides!
Well young Magneto could use them as he's already controlling a sky-full of missiles with no problem, way before he reaches his peak. It wouldn't be all that difficult to explain away a loss of power after a particular event in a future film. Would make sense if Charles is involved and it is the event that finally pushes him outside of the X-Men and to proper villain status.

Iceman, I like the actor fine. But they really need to give him some Iceman (that's Iceman, not frostboy) powers at some stage.

Quote:
The X3 role was reduced during production. I interviewed the actress about it. She said there had been a scene where Psylocke used her psi-blades in a laboratory fight scene, but it was cut and never filmed. By that time, the actress had been cast and the costuming and styling completed, and so we had that very limited version of the character. I'd say there is scope to do a proper version of Psylocke in future, as the character's name is never mentioned in X3 and the role is so minor.
Hope so. After so many X-films it would be good to have seen all the major X-Men done justice in at least one film.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #62
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Did anyone notice Hugh and Halle are starring in yet another movie together?
It looks funny... I just can't work out what it's about...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #63
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Well young Magneto could use them as he's already controlling a sky-full of missiles with no problem, way before he reaches his peak.
What? It still wasn't a force field. He stopped/controlled the missiles because they were made of metal. His display of power wasn't really new.

Quote:
Good thing her name wasn't mentioned in the movie. And hopefully, they will reintroduce her in the future movies (not DOFP/Wolverine) in a bigger role.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #64
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I also noticed Jubilee was in X2. I wonder if this will mean we will never see her in DOFTP.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #65
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
What? It still wasn't a force field. He stopped/controlled the missiles because they were made of metal. His display of power wasn't really new.
Um...that's not what I said or meant at all .. but let me clear up: FC Magneto is already powerful at a young age and developing powers & hasn't had 3 full film appearances where he hasn't used a forcefield at all, so unlike Mckellen's Magneto, the audience wouldn't think it weird if Fassbender's Magneto started using one in DOFP. It'd just be a part of his development.

Last edited by Iceman; 01-03-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #66
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Um...that's not what I said or meant at all .. but let me clear up: FC Magneto is already powerful at a young age and developing powers & hasn't had 3 full film appearances where he hasn't used a forcefield at all, so unlike Mckellen's Magneto, the audience wouldn't think it weird if Fassbender's Magneto started using one in DOFP. It'd just be a part of his development.
That depends how much audiences see Fassneto as the young McNeto. They might wonder why McKellen's Magneto didn't use a force field.

(But I'd love to see Magneto's force field bubble on screen!)

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #67
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
That depends how much audiences see Fassneto as the young McNeto. They might wonder why McKellen's Magneto didn't use a force field.

(But I'd love to see Magneto's force field bubble on screen!)
That's what I was saying earlier that this past series of films will probably end with a devastating Xavier Magneto moment that ends up with Mags (probably both of them) getting seriously injured and possibly losing some of the power he gains. The missile thing shows how powerful he is already in the 1st film before he has reached supervillain status. Plenty of room to fall back if he continues far enough along that path.

Yeah would be awesome to see along with the ice slide although I'd be happy just to to see Iceman iced up properly during a long action scene and then in some non action dialogue scenes 1st.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I also noticed Jubilee was in X2. I wonder if this will mean we will never see her in DOFTP.
She was also in X1 (played by a different actress) and in X3.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #69
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Stupid continuity

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #70
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think these continuity errors wouldn't happen so much if this was a TV series because the producers would have planned which characters will appear in the next 5 to 20 episodes, next season and they are gonna shoot the episodes in less than a year. Plus they have more time to develop the characters.

But with movies, its different. The gap between the X-Men movies was 3 years and in those 3 years, a lot of things changed (crew/cast/story). The audience wouldn't also notice the continuity errors that much (especially if the last movie was released 3 to 5 years ago) compare to watching a TV series (that is airing a new episode every week or everyday). I also don't think the producers really care about continuity problems that much. I feel like they just pick which characters that they want to use and they have limited time to explain/show things in a movie so sometimes they just ignore the continuity errors and just move on to a new concept/story.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #71
def28
Side-Kick

They just need to plan ahead and follow through. Seems like they are actually doing that now...hopefully. Nothing has lead into anything since X2-3. Im sure they have taken notice on the success of Marvel in that regards. Fox has so much untapped potential with these characters its depressing weve had 5 films already.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #72
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I think these continuity errors wouldn't happen so much if this was a TV series because the producers would have planned which characters will appear in the next 5 to 20 episodes, next season and they are gonna shoot the episodes in less than a year. Plus they have more time to develop the characters.

But with movies, its different. The gap between the X-Men movies was 3 years and in those 3 years, a lot of things changed (crew/cast/story). The audience wouldn't also notice the continuity errors that much (especially if the last movie was released 3 to 5 years ago) compare to watching a TV series (that is airing a new episode every week or everyday). I also don't think the producers really care about continuity problems that much. I feel like they just pick which characters that they want to use and they have limited time to explain/show things in a movie so sometimes they just ignore the continuity errors and just move on to a new concept/story.
Yes, it's true it would be different if it was a TV series. And it's not the same as the film adaptations of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games or Twilight, which all come from a single fixed literary source.

But maybe Fox should start thinking of the X-Men films in the same way. If the studio execs got together with Singer and the producers, they could plan out the franchise a bit more.

Even if new directors and writers come in for future films, they would at least have to stick to the basic plan of which characters they had to use and introduce, rather than just contradicting things that already happened.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #73
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

An X-Men ongoing TV series with film production standards would be unbelievable, won't happen though.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #74
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'm worried we haven't had confirmation of Banshee or Havock yet I loved both the characters so much, it would be a shame if they weren't in DOFP.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #75
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm worried we haven't had confirmation of Banshee or Havock yet I loved both the characters so much, it would be a shame if they weren't in DOFP.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Singer may be trying (too) hard to make this movie very much his own but I really can't see him dropping 50% of the current X-Men team. If Charles is going to be in a dark place, as hinted at by McAvoy in his recent interview, I really can't see Alex or Sean being all "We're gettin' real tired of your s***, Mr Xavier" and leaving him. Nor can I see Charles being self-absorbed enough to send them away like he did with Moira. They're his first students and unless this movie jumps more than 10 years in the future (which Singer would be monumentally stupid to do), Havok and Banshee are safe .

Similarly, I'd venture that most, if not all, of the Brotherhood members will be back. Definitely Emma. Probably Azazel. And the latter not because he "needs to get Mystique pregnant" (or, as some of our truly classy board members have so candidly suggested, "get her pregnant by rape"), because I really don't think they need to or should touch upon Nightcrawler's origins in the movies.

First of all, I don't like the idea that Mystique, particularly this Mystique, needs a man to define her. If she gets rejected by Magneto I don't want to see her just run to another man's arms for comfort. I'd like to think she can be a stronger female character than that, especially at this juncture.

Second, I can't believe that she would just abandon her son. She's not entirely heartless. If she forgot about him, I can't see Charles being so heartless that he would make her forget about him. Emma might be behind it but it seems like so much time dedicated to such a workaround is a waste. The simple solution is to keep on as though Nightcrawler is NOT Mystique's son. It'd upset the die-hard fanboys for sure, but nothing in these movies should ever be done JUST for the sake of appeasing them. General audiences would not notice the change or the absence of this family relationship, just as general audiences didn't notice or care that this Erik doesn't have children.

Sorry Hawkingbird, went on a bit of a tangent there. TL;DR I'm sure both actors will be back to reprise their X-Men roles

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote