The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #976
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Which story did they break?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #977
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Simon Baz as the GL ?

Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #978
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I dont believe this. I dont think Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are even in this. They can always have an Alfred and/or Lois Lane cameo but it sounds more like fanfiction.
At this point, I agree.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #979
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I dont believe this. I dont think Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are even in this. They can always have an Alfred and/or Lois Lane cameo but it sounds more like fanfiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Yeah, don't trust CBN...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Sounds cool. But it's Cosmicbooknews. Remember to put "Wouldn't it be cool if..." at the start of every article.
I'm taking the rumors with a grain of salt, but I was reading the Darkseid article over at Latino-Review and I noticed something:

Quote:
Its kind of obvious if you really think about it. I mean for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and others to come together in a summer tentpole movie to face a threat, well, that threat better be planetary. Who were you expecting? Lex Luthor?
It seems like Mayimbe would have just said Flash if he was the last member. I heard he has the script and is revealing more and more info over time. Perhaps he knows there are more members on the team and just hasn't revealed it yet.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #980
shauner111
Side-Kick

I can see them using Flash, Aquaman and/or Martian Manhunter as smaller characters maybe. Promoting the Justice League movie through Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (who will have her own tv series soon right?) and Green Lantern.

It's definately a possibility but my first belief is that we wont even see Aquaman, etc.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #981
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I definitely see it as possible, the Justice League: Mortal script from the little bits I've read (btw is the whole thing available somewhere?) is genuinely good, so perhaps some of it was incorporated into the current Justice League script.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #982
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm taking the rumors with a grain of salt, but I was reading the Darkseid article over at Latino-Review and I noticed something:

It seems like Mayimbe would have just said Flash if he was the last member. I heard he has the script and is revealing more and more info over time. Perhaps he knows there are more members on the team and just hasn't revealed it yet.
Hmmm, you are right about that....you may be on to something. Yet, at this point, im going to hold out til we get more information.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #983
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Interesting rumors and sounds good to me But don't want to get exited until official news confirmed by WB!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #984
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/02/w...for-guardians/

Quote:
Dan Whitehead 4 hours ago

I don't really see any of the other names in the frame as needing the sort of push that a JGL casting story would bring. Any one of them seems like they're at a point in their careers where they'd jump at the chance to headline a Marvel movie, without carrot or stick being required. I can see JGL's people using a story like this to light a fire under Warners ass regarding negotiations for Justice League/Batman though.
Quote:
devincf Mod Dan Whitehead 4 hours ago

And I can say that I've heard WB has been coming at JGL with aggression, so I'm not sure they need a fire lit under their asses. They want him baaaaad.
Quote:
devincf Mod Dan Whitehead 4 hours ago

Maybe. I'm just wondering if some of the guys up for this role are balking at the notoriously restrictive Marvel contract. Zach Levi et al might think signing away 9 movies is dangerous at this point in their career.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman

Last edited by Lencho01; 01-02-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #985
Nathan

Don't let this happen Marvel!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #986
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

NOOOOOO! JGL for Batman is the wrong thing to do, WB. LISTEN TO US.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #987
kvz5
HBIC

I'm still confused at why on earth WB want JGL for Batman?! All to tie in with the Nolanverse?! Jesus. If they want him that bad then they clearly need to check their heads.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #988
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

It's really dumb. And kind of weird....

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #989
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

At this point I can only hope that Marvel snags him for Star Lord.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #990
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I'm still confused at why on earth WB want JGL for Batman?! All to tie in with the Nolanverse?! Jesus. If they want him that bad then they clearly need to check their heads.
Yeah. Getting a big star tied to their last big franchise to appear in their next big franchise is all sorts of crazy.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #991
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Yeah. Getting a big star tied to their last big franchise to appear in their next big franchise is all sorts of crazy.
It's crazy for two reasons... One, it's not Bruce Wayne under there, it's a dude named Robin who donned the cape and cowl. Two, if JGL is Bruce Wayne in JL, that brings up confusion from TDKR about the role he played. Both choices will lead people to going, "Wtf?".

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #992
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
It's crazy for two reasons... One, it's not Bruce Wayne under there, it's a dude named Robin who donned the cape and cowl. Two, if JGL is Bruce Wayne in JL, that brings up confusion from TDKR about the role he played. Both choices will lead people to going, "Wtf?".
It sounds like the first reason is saying not enough people saw Rises for it to make sense and the second is saying too many people saw Rises for it to make sense.

He wouldn't be Bruce Wayne, why would anyone think that's a possibility? He'd be Blake, who had the torch passed to him in the highest grossing Batman movie so far. No big number of people would say "What the ****?"

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #993
echostation
Banned User

dumb idea totally... Recast completely, the banter between Bruce and Clark is half the fun on the Justice league cartoons and comics...they need to keep BRUCE WAYNE as BATMAN

Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #994
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

I liked how the Nolanverse was a grounded in reality universe. No other heroes existed. It wasn't 100 % real but it was very grounded. Now all of a sudden you have galactic gods, amazons, super powered beings ... Having JGL be Batman in Justice League kind of cheapens what Nolan accomplished. Just cast a new actor. Batman needs a reboot.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #995
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
It sounds like the first reason is saying not enough people saw Rises for it to make sense and the second is saying too many people saw Rises for it to make sense.

He wouldn't be Bruce Wayne, why would anyone think that's a possibility? He'd be Blake, who had the torch passed to him in the highest grossing Batman movie so far. No big number of people would say "What the ****?"
A big number of people would say "What the ****?", when this is the first time they're seeing Batman with the JL and he isn't Bruce Wayne.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #996
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
A big number of people would say "What the ****?", when this is the first time they're seeing Batman with the JL and he isn't Bruce Wayne.
I just don't think it's a big deal at all to the general public what Batman's real name is. Especially since it's an actor they like reprising the role from a movie they like.

I mean, dislike the idea all you want for the reasons you want, but I'm sure it won't hurt the film financially or critically in the public's eyes.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #997
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

It doesn't matter, since it's not going to happen.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #998
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I just don't think it's a big deal at all to the general public what Batman's real name is. Especially since it's an actor they like reprising the role from a movie they like.
The general public knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, and they'll think it's off, regardless of it being JGL. That ending with him as Batman is fine as a complete ending to a trilogy, but a continuation of the character in JL would be the wrong thing to do imo.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #999
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
It doesn't matter, since it's not going to happen.
Yep, I was just giving this some thought.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #1000
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

If they have anyone but Bruce as Batman, they may as well have Supergirl, Artemis, Max Mercury and Kilowog.

Closed Thread