The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #651
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

I had always assumed that was Jor El's scout ship. I never once thought that was Clark tossing that net.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #652
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Is anyone else bothered by the dark color template that we've seen attached to the footage presented so far? Or is everyone here okay with it? I've noticed on how some have mentioned that they don't like the dark palette that's seemingly being used for the film; similar to how Singer had done for SR with what we've seen so far.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #653
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Didn't notice tbh. Thought there was plenty of light in it.

I mean, it's not as brightly colourful as Watchmen, but it just felt like 'real world' colours to me.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #654
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Dont think that's necessarily Henry. I think that actually might be baby-Clark in the sky there.
My instinct was that it was the ship above the Kent farm that Ma Kent was looking at and on it's way to somewhere icy to construct the fortress of solitude.

I assume the ship that ma Kent is looking at above the kent farm has Clark inside after a little time after he starts asking questions about "I have so many questions, where do I come from?"

Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #655
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Didn't notice tbh. Thought there was plenty of light in it.

I mean, it's not as brightly colourful as Watchmen, but it just felt like 'real world' colours to me.
Which is ironic since some have mentioned on how the color template reminds them of the one used for Saving Private Ryan.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
My instinct was that it was the ship above the Kent farm that Ma Kent was looking at and on it's way to somewhere icy to construct the fortress of solitude.

I assume the ship that ma Kent is looking at above the kent farm has Clark inside after a little time after he starts asking questions about "I have so many questions, where do I come from?"
Actually, I think that's supposed to be Zod's ships since we have photos of Zod and his mo-cap men having scenes at that area.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #656
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

So I was watching A&E last night and a full minute trailer for World War Z came on. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that come out the week AFTER MOS? Why in the world would there be a TV Spot for a movie that doesn't come out for another 5 months? I just thought it was awfully strange. I mean are they THAT desperate for exposure? I wonder if WB would do something like that?

Edit: I take that back, it was the full theatrical trailer. I mean you hardly ever see full length movie trailers on TV. At least I never see them.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 01-02-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #657
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Probably a new years gig.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #658
TheDarKnight720
A Watchful Protector

can anyone find a picture of superman walking in the artic in wallpaper form?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #659
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Notice the visual motive of the rising sun at the edges of the frames. A visual representation of the genesis, the beginning.
All-Star Superman did something similar, with one page before each chapter showing the sun in a different position to indicate the passage of time.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #660
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Finally got to see the Supes trailer in 3D last night... am now completely conflicted about what format to see the film in

I don't have a lot of experiance with 3D. Before I move to the city, the only film i'd seen in 3D was Immortals, and I thought parts looked really pretty, but it wasn't too in your face. The I saw ASM in 3D, which I also enjoyed.

However, after seeing The Hobbit in 48fps I really really got put off. Seriously started thinking I never wanted to see a film in 3D again. It was too much, really took me out of the film, and all the CGI felt too 'video game'.

I know 48fps is different... but the idea of having the 3D ruin my enjoyment of MOS scared the hell out of me... so I thought i'd set my mind on just seeing it in IMAX (never seen in a film in IMAX either, so it'll be a cool experiance).

Then... my friend managed to convince me that Life of Pi HAD to be seen in 3D. And man, he was right THAT is how you use 3D beautifully and effectively!

Now i'm totally unsure what I want to do for my first viewing

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 01-03-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #661
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So I was watching A&E last night and a full minute trailer for World War Z came on. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that come out the week AFTER MOS? Why in the world would there be a TV Spot for a movie that doesn't come out for another 5 months? I just thought it was awfully strange. I mean are they THAT desperate for exposure? I wonder if WB would do something like that?

Edit: I take that back, it was the full theatrical trailer. I mean you hardly ever see full length movie trailers on TV. At least I never see them.

The full final theatrical trailer for The Avengers played on cable here in the US for several weeks before the movie came out. I caught it at least half a dozen times. I've also seen full trailers for a few other movies on basic cable. It must cost a pretty penny, but the expense can be justified if they manage to reach the target audience.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #662
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I must say, I wasn't expecting to see the trailer at the theatre here in Greece (we never got TDKR's 3rd trailer), but I did when I went to see the Hobbit yesterday. It looks glorious on the big screen with loud speakers. Just glorious.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #663
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Finally got to see the Supes trailer in 3D last night... am now completely conflicted about what format to see the film in
However, after seeing The Hobbit in 48fps I really really got put off. Seriously started thinking I never wanted to see a film in 3D again. It was too much, really took me out of the film, and all the CGI felt too 'video game'.

I know 48fps is different... but the idea of having the 3D ruin my enjoyment of MOS scared the hell out of me... so I thought i'd set my mind on just seeing it in IMAX (never seen in a film in IMAX either, so it'll be a cool experiance).

Then... my friend managed to convince me that Life of Pi HAD to be seen in 3D. And man, he was right THAT is how you use 3D beautifully and effectively!

Now i'm totally unsure what I want to do for my first viewing
You could look at it this way…

For better or worse, Pi’s 3D and Hobbit’s 3D/HFR were the creative/artistic choices of their directors. They’re the formats that the movies were shot it and they’re the formats that (ideally - according to the directors) they should be seen in. So by seeking out these formats, you are - in a manner of speaking - respecting the original creative “vision” (even if, as noted, the results are mixed).

MOS, on the other hand, was shot in 2D. So while you might be curious about a 3D or LieMax post-conversion (and they might end up being decent), you can be sure that a 2D screening is not some inferior/2nd rate version of the original. You are watching the original.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #664
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
It took me a while to notice it bc I was distracted by the fishing net but there is some sort of lit up object appearing to be hurtling to the ground from space... ?

I find this funny, and not in an arrogant way, so please don't take me wrong. It is quite obvious to me that Sups is casting out his little Crystal, tossing it to form the FOS! I'm actually shocked that no one noticed this???

Henry is in the middle of no where, on a lake in Alaska (or where-ever), he takes this net, and tosses the crystal into the air, to form the FOS.

Its so obvious to me, but let the speculation begin.

I will admit, I may be wrong about the ZOD ordeal in the Chicago scene with Zod falling instead of flying up, but thats why I dont need to post while Im drunk off a 24 pack! lol I admit my faults, and I will pay up for those who bet me on that one, I'm a man of my word

As far as this scene though, quite obvious Henry is casting a Glowing Crystal in the wilderness in the middle of a lake to form his fortress. He throws the crystal, and then tosses the net into the waters.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-03-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #665
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
I find this funny, and not in an arrogant way, so please don't take me wrong. It is quite obvious to me that Sups is casting out his little Crystal, tossing it to form the FOS! I'm actually shocked that no one noticed this???

Henry is in the middle of no where, on a lake in Alaska (or where-ever), he takes this net, and tosses the crystal into the air, to form the FOS.

I will admit, I may be wrong about the ZOD ordeal in the Chicago scene with Zod falling instead of flying up, but thats why I dont need to post while Im drunk! lol I admit my faults, and I will pay up for those who bet me on that one, I'm a man of my word

As far as this scene though, quite obvious Henry is casting a Glowing Crystal in the wilderness in the middle of a lake to form his fortress.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #666
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Delusional.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #667
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post

I will admit, I may be wrong about the ZOD ordeal in the Chicago scene with Zod falling instead of flying up, but thats why I dont need to post while Im drunk off a 24 pack! lol I admit my faults, and I will pay up for those who bet me on that one, I'm a man of my word

As far as this scene though, quite obvious Henry is casting a Glowing Crystal in the wilderness in the middle of a lake to form his fortress. He throws the crystal, and then tosses the net into the waters.

No crystals in this version.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #668
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but is there any merit to the rumor that there's a scene in which Zod speaks to Superman in Kryptonian?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #669
sf2
Side-Kick

Talking about FOS… do you think it will be cool if FOS is something like these.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #670
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I love this.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #671
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Cant believe we've got places like that on earth. A MUST-SEE before I die.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #672
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Don't know if this has been covered yet, but is there any merit to the rumor that there's a scene in which Zod speaks to Superman in Kryptonian?
I don't think so, as far as we know. I'm curious about it too, and I loved that part of the description when I read it.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #673
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post

Talking about FOS… do you think it will be cool if FOS is something like these.
My God... I'm in Awe. It just reminds me that there is so much out there that I haven't seen or traveled or even know exists... and it's here on this planet. Our world is so beautiful. Too bad as human beings we don't appreciate it. I try to not forget.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #674
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
I think it's a real description.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #675
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I'd love for the Fortress to look like that.

Closed Thread