The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #351
Mr. X
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

As far as the threads purpose goes...

I know a lot of people had a problem with lizard in film. I honestly liked him. Thought he was a good first villian and like the story. Good thing is, is that Connors still alive a possible still infected, as we saw in mid credits scene, he still has the scales on his neck.....so him alive means possibly seeing lizard again and those who were disappointed with him first time around, might get what they want 2nd time around...

My order goes as follows:

1-doc ock
2-gg
3-gg 2
4-lizard
5-venom
6-sandman

Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #352
Mr. X
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMan'sBoot View Post
Well I've got a script for something else being read by a director at the moment! Who knows :P

The first approval for this sort of thing is the fanboys haha. Harshest critics of all. I'd love to do something more with them definitely!!! It's the career I'm hoping to get into. Hard one to get into though.

I'll post a link when I'm done for people to take a look at.
Sounds good! Look forward to reading them!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #353
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I still liked him in the role regardless.
But...he didn't do anything. He was barely present at all. Showed little to no emotion whatsoever. I understand the script was atrocious but THC was essentially just cashing a paycheck. I don't blame him.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #354
Mr. X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
But...he didn't do anything. He was barely present at all. Showed little to no emotion whatsoever. I understand the script was atrocious but THC was essentially just cashing a paycheck. I don't blame him.
Yep

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #355
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

His dialogue was so bland and unmemorable for the most part, too. What little dialogue he had.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #356
Anno_Domini
Banned User

"I'm not a bad person."

I really like THC, but...his dialogue and everything was just awful.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #357
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I think he did ok with what he was supposed to do. I entirely blame the direction. Had he just been a crook, looking for the big score and being overconfident because of his newfound powers, I think he could have been a lot better. But in the movie he's a murderer on the run, who's constantly worried about his daughter's wellbeing. There's just no fun to the character, like there was in Spectacular Spider-Man for example.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #358
theShape
Creature of Darkness

And I found it hilarious that his daughter's necklace was always perfectly draped around his hand whenever we wanted to look at it. He never even pulled it out of his pocked. It was just...there.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #359
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

He probably kept it under his skin.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #360
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
And I found it hilarious that his daughter's necklace was always perfectly draped around his hand whenever we wanted to look at it. He never even pulled it out of his pocked. It was just...there.
And it didn't turn into sand during the transformation, even though all else did.
Because...you know, it was magical.

Jick09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #361
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think he did ok with what he was supposed to do. I entirely blame the direction. Had he just been a crook, looking for the big score and being overconfident because of his newfound powers, I think he could have been a lot better. But in the movie he's a murderer on the run, who's constantly worried about his daughter's wellbeing. There's just no fun to the character, like there was in Spectacular Spider-Man for example.
The serious nature of the character shouldn't prevent him from being an exciting and interesting villain. But he was practically mute for most of his scenes, or a CGI creature.

Visually a great looking villain. Character wise and acting wise he was a bore, IMO.

- The Joker
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #362
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
A necklace that didn't turn into sand and was able to be "inside" Sandman. Gotta love that idea!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #363
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
In terms of acting I would put Ifans the lowest,even below Topher Grace and Haden Church
Seriously? Ifans did a fantastic job as Dr. Connors, and I think his performance was much better than Thomas Haden Church, and especially Topher Grace.

Appearance:
  1. Doc Ock
  2. Sandman
  3. Venom
  4. The Lizard
  5. Green Goblin
  6. New Goblin

Acting:
  1. Alfred Molina
  2. Willem Dafoe
  3. Rhys Ifans
  4. Thomas Hayden Church
  5. James Franco
  6. Topher Grace

Script/Plot
  1. Doc Ock
  2. The Lizard
  3. Green Goblin
  4. New Goblin
  5. Sandman
  6. Venom

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #364
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Better than Franco? No way. Franco is one of the highlights of Raimi's trilogy.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #365
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
A necklace that didn't turn into sand and was able to be "inside" Sandman. Gotta love that idea!
That was because he dropped it

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #366
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Seriously? Ifans did a fantastic job as Dr. Connors, and I think his performance was much better than Thomas Haden Church, and especially Topher Grace.

Appearance:
  1. Doc Ock
  2. Sandman
  3. Venom
  4. The Lizard
  5. Green Goblin
  6. New Goblin

Acting:
  1. Alfred Molina
  2. Willem Dafoe
  3. Rhys Ifans
  4. Thomas Hayden Church
  5. James Franco
  6. Topher Grace

Script/Plot
  1. Doc Ock
  2. The Lizard
  3. Green Goblin
  4. New Goblin
  5. Sandman
  6. Venom
Haden Church and Topher Grace imo didnt do a anything wrong in terms of acting,their acrs werent written properly which is why they felt bad
lizard's story,even though poorly written,wasnt half bad as Sandman's or Venom's,but Ifans didnt do much to better it imo,with a better actor I think the flaws od the messy storyline could have been masked

Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #367
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Better than Franco? No way. Franco is one of the highlights of Raimi's trilogy.
I meant simply as New Goblin, not the Harry Osborn character overall.

Quote:
Haden Church and Topher Grace imo didnt do a anything wrong in terms of acting,their acrs werent written properly which is why they felt bad
lizard's story,even though poorly written,wasnt half bad as Sandman's or Venom's,but Ifans didnt do much to better it imo,with a better actor I think the flaws od the messy storyline could have been masked
I don't see how Church or Grace did a better job in terms of acting. Rhys did the best he could IMO. I think he is such an underrated actor.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #368
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Hrm......

what?

The necklace is seen inside the same area where Flint turned into sand and yet the necklace didn't turn into sand.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #369
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
No, he didn't. You can see it around his neck when he falls into the sand pit.

- The Joker
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #370
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

You cant apply any logic to the transformation,Sandman is the most unrealistic villian in Spider-man's rogue gallery
Basically the living part(his body) will mutate and change while the non-living things(clothes and the necklace) wont change,but since nobody wants to see a naked sandman,thats how he has been showed since he was invented and thats how Raimi showed it

Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #371
Picard Sisko

Quote:
You cant apply any logic to the transformation,Sandman is the most unrealistic villian in Spider-man's rogue gallery
Basically the living part(his body) will mutate and change while the non-living things(clothes and the necklace) wont change,but since nobody wants to see a naked sandman,thats how he has been showed since he was invented and thats how Raimi showed it
He's just a comic book character, so it never really mattered if it made sense or not. The Hulk never made sense to me, considering how his pants always find a way of staying on him. But like sandman, nobody was to see a naked Hulk.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #372
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Saying you can't apply any logic to his transformation is saying you shouldn't apply any logic to anything regarding a CBM. There has to be some, period, or you'll lose interest with anyone who wants some sensibility to it.

If Flint Marko turns into a pile of sand and if his clothes do as well(and they do, so I don't get why you said his clothes don't mutate), then the necklace should as well or you just take out continuity to the transformation.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #373
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Saying you can't apply any logic to his transformation is saying you shouldn't apply any logic to anything regarding a CBM. There has to be some, period, or you'll lose interest with anyone who wants some sensibility to it.

If Flint Marko turns into a pile of sand and if his clothes do as well(and they do, so I don't get why you said his clothes don't mutate), then the necklace should as well or you just take out continuity to the transformation.
Its also just a movie. Not really that big of a deal.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #374
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Shouldn't it be though? What if there was no science jarble on how Connors can become Lizard with the decay rate algorithm or anything of the sort? Without some sense to it, why would anyone be interested in watching it if it has no set continuity?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #375
SpiderMan'sBoot
Side-Kick

Just realised that's a fair point with Marko's clothes.

So, in the Pilot I'm writing, we've now got a naked Sandman. To be fair there's a fair few quips that Spidey can get from that.

Science of super-villains eh?

SpiderMan'sBoot is offline   Reply With Quote