Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #501
James
Built from Lego

Default Re: Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
In The Elder Scrolls lore, dwarves (or Dwemer) are not dwarves as are traditionally conceived in fantasy but rather are just another species of elf.

I doubt we'll ever see a DLC that deals with the disappearance of the Dwemer. I think Bethesda likes keeping it as a mystery of the TES world.

If we ever do see new races in a TES game, it will probably be the Akavir races (as they are all alive, just on another continent). There are snake men, snow demons, a cat people similar to the Khajit (but more tiger-like) and ape men on the continent of Akavir. According to the in-game literature, the Ape-men (or at least a type of them) in Valenwood who apparently worship the high elves. Finally, there are slugmen on an island kingdom south of Tamriel but they have a strict isolationist policy.

These are all the nonplayable "civilized," races of TES lore. It is anyone's guess if we ever see them in a future game. I think the best chance is the ape men of Valenwood as I would be shocked if the next game does not take place in the Aldmiri Dominion.
That's awesome, I didn't know about any of those other races. Snake men, snow demons, lion folk, etc. I may be alone in this but I also thought a winged people would fit nicely into the Elder Scrolls. I even came up with a neat way to work them in a playable race -if you picked the winged people to start as, your wings would be broken at the beginning of the game, to be later fixed in a race-specific quest. I'm keen to see pictures of those other races now.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #502
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Unfortunately there are no pictures. There existence is only known due to the in game books and what not.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #503
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Always been interested in the Akaviri..especially their history.

They were also the first dragon hunters if i recall correctly.

And speaking of them, tried to create an Asian looking woman for my current character,without using the usual Anime mod and what not...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #504
Nathan

Looks good.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #505
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Thanks!

Tried to get the rising sun flag effect with her face and bandana

Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #506
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
`Post pic if possible. Always interested to see other player's character.

And glad to see i'm not the only one here that plays as female.

My character at the moment is a Nord female too, but i'm trying to make an Asian looking character,because in my story, she's an Akavir. Trying to make a normal looking Asian female without using all the Anime mods...
Not to be that guy, but technically she couldn't be. According to TES lore there are no longer any human Akaviri remaining. They were eaten by the snake people. Though I believe there are a few books in the game that suggests that the snake people some do retain human like traits, which has spawned a couple of theories....either the snake people have bred with the Akaviri humans (at least the ones that they didn't eat) and created a hybrid race or that there are no snake people at all, but instead a race of humans that wear serpent-like armor and have been exaggerated as snake men in subsequent legends. It is also possible that the snake men just killed off all remaining humans following the Empire's attempt to conquer them (as retribution).

Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #507
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Way to be that guy Matt.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #508
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not to be that guy, but technically she couldn't be. According to TES lore there are no longer any human Akaviri remaining. They were eaten by the snake people. Though I believe there are a few books in the game that suggests that the snake people some do retain human like traits, which has spawned a couple of theories....either the snake people have bred with the Akaviri humans (at least the ones that they didn't eat) and created a hybrid race or that there are no snake people at all, but instead a race of humans that wear serpent-like armor and have been exaggerated as snake men in subsequent legends. It is also possible that the snake men just killed off all remaining humans following the Empire's attempt to conquer them (as retribution).
The lore said they were 'eaten'by the natives of tsaesci...but it also been suggested that eaten here could also means that they were ..assimilated by the native, like you said.

And it could mean alot of thing, it could means that, for a time that they co-exist and it's possible that there were splinter group that broke away .And it could also means like you said, that they were no snake people at all, but men wearing snakes like armors and the Akaviri were simply absorbed to their culture over time

Last edited by Paladin-Hoss; 01-04-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #509
James
Built from Lego

I think it would have been neat if the player could become the High King.

I guess it would be kind of awkward for the sake of Bethesda's continuity, and once you are the king (or queen) going dungeon diving or doing anything adventurous might be kind of peculiar from a role-playing perspective. I'm sure this wouldn't be particularly popular, but I also tend to think that to get to the point of being elected king or queen the player would need check of a long list of requirements. Things like becoming Thane of every hold, completing the Civil War for either side, etc.

Siding with the Imperials wouldn't be a problem, they'd just insert you as their figure head.

Thoughts?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #510
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

I dunno...like you said, it'll practically ends the RP aspects of the character. It wouldn't make much sense for the High King of Skyrim to go on adventuring all over the land.

In my Dragonborn storyline, she'll slowly fades into obscurity. The name Dragonborn itself will lives on in stories, songs from the bards and books, but her own name will be forgotten. People of Skyrim will always remember the Dragonborn, but they will forget who's actually behind the name.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #511
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

So this is cool:

Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #512
James
Built from Lego

That is really cool! Let's get out of Tamriel and see some other places!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #513
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Either a DLC or a full game should take place in Akavir.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #514
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Just about done playing the main game and wanna venture into the DLC soon. I'm interested in getting Auriel's Bow because my character is an archer but I think I'm gonna go with Dragonborn before getting Dawnguard. As for Hearthfire, I'm only interested if they have a lot options for displaying armor and weapons in your house. Can you buy weapon racks and mannequins? Is there a limit and can you place them where ever you want?

Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #515
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

You can have an armory which gives you heaps of mannequins and weapon racks, along with chests, display cases and trophy wall mounts.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #516
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Awesome, sounds like just what I want. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #517
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I think going to a whole new continent is deserving of its own game.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #518
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

I was actually just wondering the other day if there was a map of the world.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 AM   #519
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I just saw an article about how the Ebony Warrior is the hardest guy in the game. I killed him in one hit haha. I just did a sneak attack with a dagger that does 155 along with the backstab perk that gives x15 damage, and wore the shrouded gloves that doubles the backstab perk to x30 damage. I kinda wonder how it would've been to fight him head on though. The same feeling I got from catching Mewtwo with a Master Ball. Always wondered how that battle would've went.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #520
James
Built from Lego

Wow, I just looked that guy up. It says you have to be level 80 for him to appear, I am a loooong way off!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #521
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

How many of us has ever reached level 80?

I've character that got more than 60 hours, but i've never reach that high level.I think the highest level i've ever reached is around 50.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #522
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Just about done playing the main game and wanna venture into the DLC soon. I'm interested in getting Auriel's Bow because my character is an archer but I think I'm gonna go with Dragonborn before getting Dawnguard. As for Hearthfire, I'm only interested if they have a lot options for displaying armor and weapons in your house. Can you buy weapon racks and mannequins? Is there a limit and can you place them where ever you want?

Auriel bow is awesome! i supposed you know the effect that the weapon has?

I was walking around with Lydia and some other companions one day, and i decided to use the bow...just for fun. Shot an arrow to the sun, and sure enough the sun immidiately dissapeared! It's fun to see how your companions reacts after the world was suddenly plunged into darkness..

'I don't understand...what happened to the sun?'

'The sun is gone..what is going on?!?'

Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #523
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I'd rather see TES6 set in the Aldmiri Dominion as Valenwood, Summerset Isles and Elswyer (the three countries of the Dominion) are three of the remaining countries we did not explore, and they are small enough that it can easily fit into one game (especially if the TES6 is next gen, which it almost definitely will be). Throw in Black Marsh as a DLC expansion and we will have had a game set in every country on Tamriel. Once Tamriel has been fully explored, then Bethesda can move on to Akavir.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #524
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Personally, I'd love a cross between the deserts of Hammerfell and the jungles of Elswyr, but unfortunately those two places are in very different parts of Tamriel.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #525
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
I'd rather see TES6 set in the Aldmiri Dominion as Valenwood, Summerset Isles and Elswyer (the three countries of the Dominion) are three of the remaining countries we did not explore, and they are small enough that it can easily fit into one game (especially if the TES6 is next gen, which it almost definitely will be). Throw in Black Marsh as a DLC expansion and we will have had a game set in every country on Tamriel. Once Tamriel has been fully explored, then Bethesda can move on to Akavir.
Well as long as they have your permission.

Closed Thread