The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #526
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

It'll probably sound exactly like the last 20 Hans Zimmer soundracks. A ton of noise and nothing memorable.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #527
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #528
Mako
Galactic Crusier

'Bout time! Though I'm not really feeling the color palette thus far.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #529
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Here ya go. A little more color.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 01-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #530
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Man, Cavill really looks awesome as Superman. I know some people are worried that the color palette signifies that this will be a dark and depressing movie, but right now I'm trusting that Snyder and Cavill will strike the right tone.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #531
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Here ya go. A little more color.

I really like the pic, but i really want a picture soon where the suit isn't so blacked out. I want it shining in the light.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #532
The Shield
It's really Happening!

This is better

Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #533
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
It'll probably sound exactly like the last 20 Hans Zimmer soundracks. A ton of noise and nothing memorable.
Yeah, no. And noise can be win!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #534
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm really liking this picture a whole lot. Tried fixing the colors a bit more.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #535
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Nope.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #536
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:
Thank you. I largely agree.

Zimmer was once a much better composer, but now he is obsessed with this sound experimentation and seems to think he is too cool for leitmotifs. Add to that the fact that most of his recent scores are only partially composed by him (the rest he delegates to others!).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #537
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Nice new pic, Cavill looks so amazing as Superman!

The darker colors and the way the costume is shadowed in a lot of pictures we have so far (mostly this one and the comic-con poster) reminds me of both the Fleischer and especially the Kingdom Come costume, both of which I love. It's only the black inside the S that is missing for it to be really similar.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #538
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I don't know why people are trying to "fix" the colors in the picture. I think the heavy shadowing looks great, especially in the context of the motive that is presented.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #539
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I don't know why people are trying to "fix" the colors in the picture. I think the heavy shadowing looks great, especially in the context of the motive that is presented.
Because we can.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #540
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Because we can.
yup.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #541
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
'Bout time! Though I'm not really feeling the color palette thus far.
Agreed. Too bleak looking. Not a fan of the outfit material either.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #542
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

I'm really curious about who (or what) he's staring down there. Maybe just the military, but it might be something else.

Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #543
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I think he is looking at Lois Lane, same location and same expression as that scene in the trailer. He looks really troubled, which is why the heavy shadowing works so well.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #544
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm really curious about who (or what) he's staring down there. Maybe just the military, but it might be something else.
Looks like it's after he touches hands with Lois. The military is still just standing behind Superman too.

Pretty sure they're all waiting for Zod or one of his underlings. One of the battles takes place here I think.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #545
Kane52630
Nightcall User

It looks like the calm before the final battle with Zod.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #546
protocida
Side-Kick

He's about to surrender to Faora.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #547
Mike22
Side-Kick

It's a good picture but the hair is killing me. Such an easy thing to get right and I honestly have to say it looks just awful, I hate the hair.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #548
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
It's a good picture but the hair is killing me. Such an easy thing to get right and I honestly have to say it looks just awful, I hate the hair.
Have to say I'm a bit of a stickler for hair too lol. I don't necessarily care for the spit curl, but I want Superman to have a cooler modern look, always have. To me he looks like he could throw on a leather jacket and be a stand in for the Fonz, "Heeeeeeyyyy"

I'm sure it will look better in the movie, I hope so, but just a small pet peeve.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #549
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think his hair looks absolutely fine. Looks natural, which is preferable to me than too much gel, a force spit curl, or some kind of perfect straight neat hair line.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #550
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Edited the image a small bit.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread