The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #51
LivingWBatman
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Scary Experiences in your Life?

So I was in the middle of Mexico in a super small town about 2-3 years ago to visit with my Dad's at the time business partner/fiancée. This was in the middle of nowhere (look it up it's called Parras de la Fuente.) Anyway some of us went to a cemetery during the day. The graves were a mix of above and below ground with the above ground being just 3 foot mounds of dirt.

So there is a small mausoleum open and I'm following a girl I knew into this thing. I somehow end up in front of her walking casually, you had to walk down these steps into it about 10 steps. Inside the mausoleum had windows covered with tapestry and sun coming in. The first thing I saw were two paintings of a man and woman and directly below raised stone graves like 3-4 foot above ground, this is where they put the bodies. It was very quiet in the cemetery and as soon as I stepped foot into the room where the bodies were I heard a loud crescendo like a "Whooooomp!" from inside the mausoleum. The girl and me immediately turned around a walked very fast up the steps and out of there. My guess is they didn't want an American in there. I never believed in ghosts and the experience didn't shake me up at the time but now I'm pretty sure it was a ghost. No one else was in the cemetery, no one was near us and no one alive beside us were in the mausoleum. I asked her a few months ago if she remembered and she did vividly.

Last edited by LivingWBatman; 11-26-2012 at 02:45 PM.
LivingWBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #52
KevanG
Brony

Or were they just REALLY enthusiastic about the probing?

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #53
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Wow. So many people, so many different situations. Well, I apologize for any terrible thing that has happened to anyone. Too young to have a horrifying situation, but once I had to kill a giant bee(probably one of those killer ones). I have a phobia of bees. Something so small can strike you anywhere. Anyone have any real paranormal experiences?
I have a phobia of bees as well. I haven't really had a paranormal experience, but I have had one with an ET I think, not really paranormal, I will go on that in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
Not sure if my house is haunted or something, but during one of the sleep paralysis' I was trying to wake up, their was a shadowy figure not human looking at all and it was right at the end of my bed but could float and it seemed like it was pushing me down,and with a distorted voice told me "you're trapped" this never happened again but I was creeped out for the rest of my life. After fighting the paraylsis I was able to get up but I couldn't go to sleep after the incident.
That was most likely all in your head due to an episode of sleep paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Well there was that time I was abducted by a UFO... But the aliens turned out to be pretty friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
Or were they just REALLY enthusiastic about the probing?
See, aliens can be a touchy subject. The greys who abduct people, with all this probing stuff lol.

But the one experience I have had with an ET was during meditation. This was back a little over a year ago when I started getting into meditation, and such. I was contacted by a higher dimensional ET from Arcturus. I got a name and everything, since then, I have read a bit on these beings from Arcturus, and their teachings. This experience was the best meditation I have ever had, and her energy was absolutely amazing.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #54
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

That was most likely all in your head due to an episode of sleep paralysis
Thats what I was thinking because that figure never appeared again after that incident.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #55
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
One that still shakes me up from time to time. It was Friday, May 13, 1994 and I was 17. A friend and I were on our way to pick up another friend and then go see The Crow. My friend, Jeff, was driving his mom's station wagon.

We had just made a right turn onto a short stretch of road. As he accelerated, I noticed the stop sign and said, "Hey, Jeff. Stop sign." The next thing I remember, he's shaking me and telling me to get out of the car. He had missed the stop sign and t-boned a car in the rear driver's side door. The impact flipped the other car, landing it on it's roof in the grass, we spun 180 degrees and our right rear slammed into the left front of a third car that was stopped at the intersection. The woman in the back seat of the car we hit was killed but, Jeff and I were fine.

What shakes me up the most about it is that, if we had gotten to that intersection a second of so sooner, the car we hit, would have hit my door at around 50 mph, and I wouldn't be here typing this.
Did your friend go to jail?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #56
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Did your friend go to jail?
No, he didn't. I know there was something with the courts because , I had to give an affidavit about what happened but, that was the last I heard of it and he never talked about it.

Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #57
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
See, aliens can be a touchy subject. The greys who abduct people, with all this probing stuff lol.

But the one experience I have had with an ET was during meditation. This was back a little over a year ago when I started getting into meditation, and such. I was contacted by a higher dimensional ET from Arcturus. I got a name and everything, since then, I have read a bit on these beings from Arcturus, and their teachings. This experience was the best meditation I have ever had, and her energy was absolutely amazing.
Wait so you think aliens that pick up farmers and stick probes in their anus are hilariously fake but the ones you meet in your mind when you are meditating are totally real?

I looked up Arcturians and apparently they are protecting us from the Reptilian and Grey aliens and their evil agenda. Next time you see them tell them that I said thanks.

As for a scary story, I have seen someone hit a deer driving 70mph right in front of me, about 30ish yards, and the deer explode and the car spin around on the highway. Never hit a deer but I can imagine that is a heart pounding experience. I also had a boss that said he hit an elk and the horns came through the windshield and would have impaled someone in the passenger seat had they been sitting there.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #58
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Wait so you think aliens that pick up farmers and stick probes in their anus are hilariously fake but the ones you meet in your mind when you are meditating are totally real?

I looked up Arcturians and apparently they are protecting us from the Reptilian and Grey aliens and their evil agenda. Next time you see them tell them that I said thanks.

As for a scary story, I have seen someone hit a deer driving 70mph right in front of me, about 30ish yards, and the deer explode and the car spin around on the highway. Never hit a deer but I can imagine that is a heart pounding experience. I also had a boss that said he hit an elk and the horns came through the windshield and would have impaled someone in the passenger seat had they been sitting there.
not at all. I just meant that people seem to not take the phenomena of alien abduction seriously, and make jokes about probing and stuff, that's all I meant, so it's a bit touchy, cause some people don't take it seriously.

And as for meeting one in meditation ONE I mean, think what you will.

and that's horrible. I've heard of people hitting moose, that's nuts

Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #59
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
No, he didn't. I know there was something with the courts because , I had to give an affidavit about what happened but, that was the last I heard of it and he never talked about it.
Wow, seems like something he wouldve gotten in serious trouble for..

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #60
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Wow, seems like something he wouldve gotten in serious trouble for..
I think what saved him was that it happened at an intersection that was notorious for accidents. The stop sign was pretty badly obscured and I'm pretty sure the state knew that. I've been back to that intersection since, and there is absolutely nothing blocking it now.

Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #61
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I had to kill a spider about 40 minutes ago. It was quite a harrowing hour.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #62
knowsbleed
Banned User

Burn it... that's the only way you'll know it'll stay dead.

Don't sleep until it's done.

Trust me.

knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #63
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Oh, can't believe i forgot this one.

Mum dropped me off to book a hair appointment and was waiting for two mins on a double yellow. A garbage truck came round the corner while i was going inside, and all i heard was this crunching metal sound and my mum screaming. They guy had swung the back of the truck right into her side of the car, and was STILL trying to keep going with her now stuck inside. I came flying out of there with my arms waving screaming at the top of my lungs and he finally stopped. My mum just about squeezed out of the now squished car with luckily no injuries
Damn that's just messed up! At least your mom didn't get hurt. Did you get them to take accountability for the damage to the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Well there was that time I was abducted by a UFO... But the aliens turned out to be pretty friendly.
Were they... too friendly? Where'd you go? Did they discriminate between the sexes? Why'd they pick you? How'd you get abducted? What did they look like? Did they communicate using their metallic robot god?

Quote:

Oh okay.... wait what?!

I actually happen to believe in transcendental experience, though not always of the spiritual sort, but even if you're serious about this you need to explain more coz I'm sure you know how much skepticism is probably going to be there for those reading this. What's this all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
Burn it... that's the only way you'll know it'll stay dead.

Don't sleep until it's done.

Trust me.
Well... I once killed a really big-ass roach that was flying around my room for a good long while... then when it was still writhing and not fully dead I poured some hot wax on it and waited until the legs stopped twitching... then I burned the remnants.

I had a translated copy of Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis and was reading it that week.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #64
thalidomide
The Enemy

Well I was just 14 years old when this happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Ch...sion_landslide

Fortunately the landslide stopped two streets away from our house, some of my friends died during that event and I don't have any news to the ones who survived. It's traumatizing and even though our house is still intact, we are not planning to move back there.

thalidomide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #65
Slushy
The Man

Quote:
- Got chased by Rottweiler when I was a little kid.

- Nearly drowned once.

- Got robbed once.

- Was placed in handcuffs for going 15 miles over the speed limit and the only reason I didn't go to jail was because I have a clean record.

- Had a tire blow out on me while I was the highway.

- have reason to believe my uncle's house was haunted as I witnessed his master bedroom open and then close on its own!

- Almost lost the tip to my index finger because I was careless with a chef knife last year. The meat was literally off the bone with blood gushing all over the place.

- Almost got my ass kicked by a guy much bigger than me because I had looked at him for a split second.
There's more, but this is all I can think of.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #66
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
Damn that's just messed up! At least your mom didn't get hurt. Did you get them to take accountability for the damage to the car?

Were they... too friendly? Where'd you go? Did they discriminate between the sexes? Why'd they pick you? How'd you get abducted? What did they look like? Did they communicate using their metallic robot god?

Oh okay.... wait what?!

I actually happen to believe in transcendental experience, though not always of the spiritual sort, but even if you're serious about this you need to explain more coz I'm sure you know how much skepticism is probably going to be there for those reading this. What's this all about?

Well... I once killed a really big-ass roach that was flying around my room for a good long while... then when it was still writhing and not fully dead I poured some hot wax on it and waited until the legs stopped twitching... then I burned the remnants.

I had a translated copy of Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis and was reading it that week.
if you'd like to hear more about it, PM me, and I'll tell you

Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #67
JaD
Thriller Night

Unfortunately I had another episode of sleep paralysis last night when I took a nap after work. It was even more terrifying than usual because of the fact that I felt like a shadow was consuming me on my bed. I remember screaming too (wouldn’t have been surprised if it was out loud and not just in my mind). Similar to the scene in The Matrix when Neo touches the mirror and gets engulfed in that clear substance I was being consumed by darkness while I was laying on my bed. The most I could do is stretch my neck out to the right as I was laid out on my back frozen unable to move and scream as it slowly came over me.

It also felt like a dream within a dream because I kept feeling like I woke up, was back in a bed but still not finished with the dream. I thought the “dream” was over when I was finally consumed by the darkness, but it wasn’t… or maybe it was and I fell right back asleep. Either way, scariest episode yet.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #68
knowsbleed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for a few years now. I remember the first time that it happened to me. My brother and his wife went for a vacation overseas and had asked me to house sit for them while they were away. I show up to their place in the late afternoon and unpack all my stuff. The night before I was having trouble sleeping and feeling just really ill for some reason. I had a small snack and decided to take a nap in the guest room.

It didn't take very long for me to doze off after my head hit the pillow, that's when it began. I opened my eyes and I could see the ceiling, everything was orange from the setting sun beaming through the window. That's when I felt an immense pressure on my chest, my neck and my face as if something were crushing me. I felt the most horrible terror I had ever felt in my life, I could hear my heart pounding. I tried to move but was unable to, I tried to scream but I just wasn't able to. That's when I had the distinct impression that I wasn't alone. I felt as if someone was standing in the partially open closet next to the bed. I knew I wasn't able to move my head. But I was able to glance at the closet and that's when the shadows in the closet got darker. That's when I thought that I was going to die.

Then I snapped out of it. I instantly sat up with cold sweat dripping from my forehead. I frantically searched the room, and the rest of the house. I was totally alone. I was not able to go to sleep again that night because I was too afraid. It's happened nearly a dozen times since the first experience. Each "event" stranger then the previous one. Sometimes I hear radio static and distorted voices, sometimes I see shadows shifting and other oddities. I've read up quite extensively on sleep paralysis so it eases my fear a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Unfortunately I had another episode of sleep paralysis last night when I took a nap after work. It was even more terrifying than usual because of the fact that I felt like a shadow was consuming me on my bed. I remember screaming too (wouldn’t have been surprised if it was out loud and not just in my mind). Similar to the scene in The Matrix when Neo touches the mirror and gets engulfed in that clear substance I was being consumed by darkness while I was laying on my bed. The most I could do is stretch my neck out to the right as I was laid out on my back frozen unable to move and scream as it slowly came over me.

It also felt like a dream within a dream because I kept feeling like I woke up, was back in a bed but still not finished with the dream. I thought the “dream” was over when I was finally consumed by the darkness, but it wasn’t… or maybe it was and I fell right back asleep. Either way, scariest episode yet.
You people need Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Got shot in the leg.
Sex gets that crazy, eh?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #69
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
You people need Jesus.
When I read this I thought about the movie Bad Boys II when the lady in the electronics store says "You two muthaf**kas need Jesus. Cover ya ears, baby."

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #70
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I introduce you to JOY RIDE, THE HITCHER and Spielberg's take on a similar tale. Weeks ago. Icey roads. I was in the left lane and couldn't drive faster. The driver behind me kept speeding up to my rear end. So I got into the other lane to avoid him. He comes barrelling my way, yells at my car, then swerves right towards me. I slowed so he could get further ahead. He stopped at the next light although daring me to drive alongside him. It was a stand off, finally I did and he disappeared behind me never to be seen or heard from again.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #71
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone

Came within seconds of being hit by a Passenger train going full throttle.

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Godsfireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #72
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Quote:
You people need Jesus.
Well I am an atheist, perhaps I'll turn to the flying spaghetti monster. The power of the pasta shall protect me.

Last edited by Piper Maru; 01-04-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #73
knowsbleed
Banned User

I'm agnostic... and I still say you need Jesus.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #74
Piper Maru
Rides Again

I think he's busy shoveling my neighbors driveway, I'll go ask him for protection from evil.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #75
spidey44
Side-Kick

I've had a few scary experiences I had a gun pointed at me when I was young, it was during a robbery at the grocery. One time my father and I were going to his apartment and we were on a winding road and we both fell asleep. I woke up not a second too late and nudged my father and he yanked the wheel to the left.

spidey44 is offline   Reply With Quote