The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #76
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

I'd be okay with Momoa in the role.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #77
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Please dear god enough with the wrestlers. or mma fighters. or CW has-beens. Please, as a personal favor. Thanks.

And the first person to mention Jensen Ackles gets a voodoo curse put on them. The reason is self-explanatory.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #78
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Please dear god enough with the wrestlers. or mma fighters. or CW has-beens. Please, as a personal favor. Thanks.
None of them is going to actually land the role so I wouldn't worry about it. It's just internet noise

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #79
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Have there been any audition rumors for characters other than Star-Lord? Because it seems like we get a new rumor about that character every day, but I haven't heard anything about the others.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #80
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:

And the first person to mention Jensen Ackles gets a voodoo curse put on them. The reason is self-explanatory.
I'm honestly tired of hearing both Ackles and Fillion. Neither of them are ever going to actually get leading roles in these movies.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #81
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, Diesel is a reasonable option, given that he's a professional actor with something resembling range. I don't know about "more than sufficient", Drax has been a pretty deep and interesting character since he was reimagined in Annihilation.

The Rock would be great. Terry Crews, Gerry Butler, etc.
Vin Diesel is not going to be Drax, not after basically playing Drax as Riddick in several other movies. I'm also fairly confident that The Rock is not playing Drax either, if he plays a superhero, it will be as the title character like Namor, not a supporting character. Crews is a decent option but I'd prefer him for Luke Cage and Gerard Butler is not in shape for this character these days, or at least the last time I saw him.

You could pick anyone of these actors and I'd be fine: Kevin Grevioux, Jason Mamoa, Michael Jai White, Scott Adkins, Isiah Mustafa

Last edited by OB12; 01-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #82
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I'm honestly tired of hearing both Ackles and Fillion. Neither of them are ever going to actually get leading roles in these movies.
This, x 1,000,000

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #83
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I agree.

It feels almost like blasphemy on here to say you don't want Ackles and Fillion to play every superhero role going

Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #84
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, no sh**. I think Ackles has been suggested for literally EVERY superhero character mentioned on this board. I personally have never seen the appeal of the guy. He looks like a poor man's Emilio Estevez.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #85
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
They're like the Great Pumpkin of the superhero fan casting world.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #86
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, no sh**. I think Ackles has been suggested for literally EVERY superhero character mentioned on this board. I personally have never seen the appeal of the guy. He looks like a poor man's Emilio Estevez.
Jensen Hackles.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #87
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I actually like him and Fillion but yeah, time to move on. Remember when it was Jude Law?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #88
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Jensen Hackles.
lol that made me titter. cheers.

as far as Jude Law, the guy is a bona fide movie star who is often considered the best thing about the movies hes in. including his latest, Anna Karenina, where he upstaged both leads. ditto for both Sherlock Holmes movies. the guy is legit. I dont expect him for Star-Lord, but he could do the role in his sleep and Marvel would be lucky to have him.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #89
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Don't forget Krasinski. He's been on how many "short lists" now? On the female side, Krasinski's wife Emily Blunt has been in the running or fan cast for every available role, too.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #90
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol that made me titter. cheers.

as far as Jude Law, the guy is a bona fide movie star who is often considered the best thing about the movies hes in. including his latest, Anna Karenina, where he upstaged both leads. ditto for both Sherlock Holmes movies. the guy is legit. I dont expect him for Star-Lord, but he could do the role in his sleep and Marvel would be lucky to have him.
Adam Warlock, please.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #91
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I actually like him and Fillion but yeah, time to move on. Remember when it was Jude Law?
Yep every year there is a flavour of the mouth actor who is mentioned for every role.

When Jude Law had five movies out in a year his name came up alot, when Zack Efron was in the spotlight alot with the High School Musical films his name came up alot as well.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #92
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Yep every year there is a flavour of the mouth actor who is mentioned for every role.

When Jude Law had five movies out in a year his name came up alot, when Zack Efron was in the spotlight alot with the High School Musical films his name came up alot as well.
Let's just be glad that Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner have never been mentioned/considered.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #93
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I seem to recall that same argument being made for Thor back in 2009/2010...
And I understand the horror at people suggesting rasslers taking on dramatic roles, believe me. I was fully opposed to suggestions that HHH or any other wrestler be Thor back in the day, and still am; and there's plenty of roles that I think it's ridiculous to assume some muscle-head should play just because he's got the superhero physique for it.

But in Drax's case, I think the exception can be made. With the whole Moondragon family subplot, I could see there being plenty of opportunity for emotion and drama; but since that's clearly not going to be part of GOTG, then I think a Jason Statham type is all that's needed --- somebody who's a proven fighter/action star, rather than an "Acteur, Master Thespian" who's going to likely need to spend several months bulking up to look the part.

In Drax's case, I believe that looks ARE more important than an award-winning resume. Just someone who can portray physicality and menace, and there's plenty of wrestlers, MMA fighters, bodybuilders and other athletes who are better suited for this role than someone who's a great actor.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #94
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And I understand the horror at people suggesting rasslers taking on dramatic roles, believe me. I was fully opposed to suggestions that HHH or any other wrestler be Thor back in the day, and still am; and there's plenty of roles that I think it's ridiculous to assume some muscle-head should play just because he's got the superhero physique for it.

But in Drax's case, I think the exception can be made. With the whole Moondragon family subplot, I could see there being plenty of opportunity for emotion and drama; but since that's clearly not going to be part of GOTG, then I think a Jason Statham type is all that's needed --- somebody who's a proven fighter/action star, rather than an "Acteur, Master Thespian" who's going to likely need to spend several months bulking up to look the part.

In Drax's case, I believe that looks ARE more important than an award-winning resume. Just someone who can portray physicality and menace, and there's plenty of wrestlers, MMA fighters, bodybuilders and other athletes who are better suited for this role than someone who's a great actor.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Depth and range are hardly requirements for the guy playing Drax.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #95
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

tho, I agree the role hardly demands a "Master Thespian" but, even a non-speaking role requires some acting ability... if anything (if it is a non-speaking role) it would require a lot of body language, the ability to project or express them self, with out word...
(not just a muscle bound, meat head, with a dumb founded look on his face the whole time)

Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #96
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Agreed wholeheartedly. Depth and range are hardly requirements for the guy playing Drax.
Spoons, my man. We're not saying dude has to be a trained Shakespearean actor but Drax has evolved from being some grunt. It would take more than being a body to play Drax.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #97
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
tho, I agree the role hardly demands a "Master Thespian" but, even a non-speaking role requires some acting ability... if anything (if it is a non-speaking role) it would require a lot of body language, the ability to project or express them self, with out word...
(not just a muscle bound, meat head, with a dumb founded look on his face the whole time)
Agreed.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #98
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

We're not asking for Daniel Day-Lewis play Drax but we've gone beyond just putting wrestlers and guys with muscles in roles or so I thought.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #99
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Yea, let's go ahead and split the difference, fellas.

Mamoa for Drax.

Physicality? Check. Ability to sell implied violence? Check. (Khal Drogo scared the **** out of me.)

Then again, how old is he? 32? *runs to Wiki* 33, apparently. Nah, that's a tad too young. Carry on.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #100
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Alright, I finally need to read some Guardian issues.

People of the Hype! Recommend me stuff!

Closed Thread