Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #426
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
More than MJ singing followed by them dancing as the screen fades out?
Nothing could be worse than that.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #427
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't agree. MJ consoling him after Gwen's death and them visually coming closer should be enough. Like I said, if they show them as having good chemistry throughout the next two films with a hint of flirtation while remaining friends, then that will be enough for this trilogy and they'll have accurately portrayed the first part of their relationship from the comics. Also I think you should keep in mind that this "trilogy" is more like an arc. I doubt they're going to reboot the film series after Webb's series is done. They'll probably take up a Bond/comic model. I put comic there because I believe, unlike Bond, they'll stick to 2-3 movies per director and work into arcs.
If it worked out like that, I think that would be awesome. This trilogy (or story arc) should be the beginning of a long Spider-Man franchise.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #428
nbanflguy
Side-Kick

If anyone wants to watch a Jamie Foxx movie right now, Law Abiding Citizen is on TNT at 9 pm

Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #429
Anno_Domini
Banned User

LAC is a pretty good flick. Nothing too special, but him and Gerard Butler is a good pairing.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #430
nbanflguy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
LAC is a pretty good flick. Nothing too special, but him and Gerard Butler is a good pairing.
Yeah I saw it in theaters and just watched it for the first time since then. Its good and entertaining. Both actors are great

Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #431
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I thought it was pretty stupid. Both actors are fine enough in it, but the movie isn't up to much.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #432
Eros
Side-Kick

You guys make it sound like Mj and peter have to get together? and that Gwen has to die? When you guys forget even in the different comics things are not that Linear. In ultimate comics Gwen died and came back, Peter and M.J. whole marriage was rebooted and never really happened in mainstream. These movies are just another media interpretation of the spider-man story,there have been many, and they can go what ever direction they want with the story. People are always talking about Hollywood needs to be original, well this is there chance to do stories that have never been seen before to spider-man.
I hope Gwen never does, and maybe in this version her and peter finally have a happy ending, but if she does die, thats fine to.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #433
Nathan

I think Gwen dying is inevitable now. He will break his promise to Captain Stacy and there will be consequences.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #434
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
You guys make it sound like Mj and peter have to get together? and that Gwen has to die? When you guys forget even in the different comics things are not that Linear. In ultimate comics Gwen died and came back, Peter and M.J. whole marriage was rebooted and never really happened in mainstream. These movies are just another media interpretation of the spider-man story,there have been many, and they can go what ever direction they want with the story. People are always talking about Hollywood needs to be original, well this is there chance to do stories that have never been seen before to spider-man.
I hope Gwen never does, and maybe in this version her and peter finally have a happy ending, but if she does die, thats fine to.
Gwen is going to die. They've heavily hinted at it and, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they already said they were looking at adapting that story. Will MJ be a love interest? More than likely, though, it isn't actually confirmed. But to be honest, what else is MJ?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #435
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think Gwen dying is inevitable now. He will break his promise to Captain Stacy and there will be consequences.
Its been done before, its not original, I want Webb to do wats best for this version of the character, like every interpretation has done things there own way, movies to cartoons to the comics.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #436
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
Gwen is going to die. They've heavily hinted at it and, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they already said they were looking at adapting that story. Will MJ be a love interest? More than likely, though, it isn't actually confirmed. But to be honest, what else is MJ?
You make your thoughts sound like facts, why do you do that? what else is MJ? If you think that's the only purpose M.J. serves, shes a terrible terrible character then.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #437
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Its been done before, its not original, I want Webb to do wats best for this version of the character, like every interpretation has done things there own way, movies to cartoons to the comics.
I understand that, but there are certain things that really should be put on screen. Its been done in the comics, but its never been done in any other form of media. If it were to be done on screen, then it would be original. I guess Bane breaking Batman's back in TDKR was so unoriginal to you. Introducing Gwen as Peter's first love and building up to the Green Goblin point to the conclusion that Gwen will more than likely kick the bucket sooner or later.

Quote:
You make your thoughts sound like facts, why do you do that? what else is MJ? If you think that's the only purpose M.J. serves, shes a terrible terrible character then.
But Mary Jane IS the main love interest of Peter after Gwen's death. In this trilogy, she probably won't be anything more than Peter's friend, but she has been known for helping him deal with his loss. In the long run, she HAS to become his love interest eventually, or else... why is she there?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #438
Nathan

Quote:
Its been done before, its not original
So has been Peter getting bitten by a Spider and Uncle Ben dying at the hands of a thug. Besides, the general audience probably doesn't even know what happened to Gwen in the comics. So it not being original is being completely irrelevant.

Quote:
I want Webb to do wats best for this version of the character, like every interpretation has done things there own way, movies to cartoons to the comics.
So do I. But Gwen's death could have a huge impact and be an emotional roller coaster for the audience, if done well. Especially with Emma Stone being such a likable Gwen Stacy. It'll also add character growths, when Peter manages to put Gwen's death behind him and carries on as Spider-Man.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #439
socool
True

Quote:
But she doesn't add anything OTHER than love interest related stuff. Since when has she ever done anything, to Peter or Spider-Man, that hasn't been romance related? I can't think of anything, but I also haven't read even close to all 700 issues of ASM, so there's a good chance I missed somethings. That doesn't make her a bad character, though. She's the love interest, she's plenty important, and she is pretty interesting. But just being an interesting character doesn't mean you contribute to the story in any significant way. You're just some nice dialogue and a pretty face. So they made her a love interest. It's not a complaint on the character, though. I feel 90% of superhero love interests are this way...unless they're superhuman themselves.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #440
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Emma Stone herself seemed pretty insistent in one interview that they had better do the death of Gwen story line.

Frankly if they pulled an Ultimate Spider-man and resurrected her just like that it would be incredibly cheap. That was one of the things I thought Ultimate dropped the ball on (though I think the manner of her death was also similarly mishandled). Plus I just don't think you could do that in the films and have people buy into it.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #441
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think Gwen dying is inevitable now.
As if there was ever a doubt.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #442
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
What? You mean a movie has don't it before in general or that it's not original because the comics did it? Because if that's the case then NO CBM or previous Spider-Man movies were original anyway. If you're talking about movies in general, this has not been done in the context of a CBM before and definitely not in the way it's done.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #443
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
As if there was ever a doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What? You mean a movie has don't it before in general or that it's not original because the comics did it? Because if that's the case then NO CBM or previous Spider-Man movies were original anyway. If you're talking about movies in general, this has not been done in the context of a CBM before and definitely not in the way it's done.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #444
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Who else is thinking that Foxx will have a similar personality to his character in Collateral? He plays submissive very convincingly. Once he becomes electro, then that is when he starts to change and come out of his shell. You see it all the time; a submissive person who constantly bottles things up, exploding after one too many misfortunes.

Secondly, who else is contemplating how the fight scenes will play out? I'm hoping that spidey uses objects from the environment as makeshift wrecking balls etc. to offend against electro. Otherwise, it will just be more of him dodging and using his webs to temporarily subdue (something which I think he relied too much on in TASM)

Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #445
zeptron
Side-Kick

When Gwen does die in this franchise, I think it should at least be in the third movie by Green Goblin. The GA isn't gonna care if another villain is responsible for her death, but hardcore comic fans will flip out if someone other than Green Goblin kills her.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #446
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I agree her death is inevitable. It's just a matter of when, and I'm hoping that when is near the beginning of movie 3. I've always had that viewpoint. Goblin emerging after two films and killing the established lead female while cackling away would go a long way in hating him and establishing a firm personal angst. Spidey and Goblin going at it hard to close out the trilogy.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #447
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
When Gwen does die in this franchise, I think it should at least be in the third movie by Green Goblin. The GA isn't gonna care if another villain is responsible for her death, but hardcore comic fans will flip out if someone other than Green Goblin kills her.
Hardcore comic fans will flip out if Gwens breasts aren't big enough,and any little damn thing.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #448
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I am all for new villains being used, and we'll get that with Electro. But I think it would be fitting for Goblin to close out film three. The opposite of the Raimi series, where he opened proceedings.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #449
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I am all for new villains being used, and we'll get that with Electro. But I think it would be fitting for Goblin to close out film three. The opposite of the Raimi series, where he opened proceedings.
That might need to cast Norman Osbourne first, hell they don't even have a daily bugle staff yet.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #450
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
That might need to cast Norman Osbourne first, hell they don't even have a daily bugle staff yet.
I'm hoping that changes in the sequel.

Closed Thread