The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #501
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Kind of a rehash, but I just noticed that the promo art featured on this packaging, sort of confirms what Marvel's International Consumer Products President supposedly reported back in November. Basically that Tony will eventually have an underground Hall of Armors with at least 16 new armors, including a few classic designs from the comics.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #502
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Kinda like the Hall concept from IM2, I guess.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #503
Nathan

I hope it's in the Movie. Would be great to see all those armors.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #504
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ya, but Mandarin in this film is not asian, so where would Fan Bing-Bing get her looks from?
Who said she has to be biological? She could be adopted. (Loki didn't look anything like his foster father..... /straightface )

In any event, seeing Szostak as Justine Hammer manhandling/molesting Tony Stark in that scene makes a helluva lot more sense than seeing Janet Van Dyne doing that. Why would Janet do that? What, other than having short hair, even remotely hints at Szostak being Janet?

Janet Van Dyne is a fashion designer who married a brilliant scientist who experimented with miniaturization and made both himself and his wife shrink down to become micro-heroes, and founding members of the biggest superhero group on the planet. How does Stephanie Szostak in a white lab coat throwing Tony Stark in a goofy vest against the wall of some darkened office (in preparation for a throwdown and/or some rough sex) possibly, *possibly* suggest ANYTHING to do with Janet Freakin' Van Dyne....? Seriously. I want to know what the Jan Fans see there that I don't.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #505
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

If that appears in the movie, I will not be held responsible for what happens to my pants.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #506
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Who said she has to be biological? She could be adopted. (Loki didn't look anything like his foster father..... /straightface )

In any event, seeing Szostak as Justine Hammer manhandling/molesting Tony Stark in that scene makes a helluva lot more sense than seeing Janet Van Dyne doing that. Why would Janet do that? What, other than having short hair, even remotely hints at Szostak being Janet?

Janet Van Dyne is a fashion designer who married a brilliant scientist who experimented with miniaturization and made both himself and his wife shrink down to become micro-heroes, and founding members of the biggest superhero group on the planet. How does Stephanie Szostak in a white lab coat throwing Tony Stark in a goofy vest against the wall of some darkened office (in preparation for a throwdown and/or some rough sex) possibly, *possibly* suggest ANYTHING to do with Janet Freakin' Van Dyne....? Seriously. I want to know what the Jan Fans see there that I don't.
eh... that's assuming she's going to be 100% based on 616... and have zero ultimate influence. Janet is a human being... doesn't mean they don't get sexy at some point in there lives...

someone posed an interesting idea that Janet and Hank might actually be working for AIM before breaking away... it's possible... Doesn't make them a villain either really... not if they were lied to or manipulated. Point is we really don't know either way.

nothnig in that scene suggests it's Janet, and nothing in that scene really suggest she's not.

There's a rumor that she is.. that's all that most are basing it on (and wishful thinking)

she's not a founding member of the Avengers in this universe... and MU Hawkeye isn't much like 616 Hawkeye either..

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #507
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
If that appears in the movie, I will not be held responsible for what happens to my pants.
I assume it will resemble the one from the animated Ultimate Avengers movie. It'd fit with the design of the Stark Tower

Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #508
Superhero 101
DESI

I hope we get to see something as amazing as that

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #509
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol oh you guys. This movie is gunna be awesome, there's a lot of stuff going on...clearly

Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #510
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I sure hope Tony has copies of the first 7 armors somewhere.

Sucks if they're gone forever

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #511
Superhero 101
DESI

I am sure he wouldn't mind building them again

Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #512
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
A cameo is a small glimpse.... (hawkeye)

Black Widow was not a cameo... she had a supporting role

if you guy's want to get technical...
there's a difference between a role and a cameo
Yeah exactly. I for one am greatly hoping Wasp(Janet) is indeed in the film with some kind of role. Just as I'm hoping Strange is in T:TDW(although that one I kinda doubt will actually be true at this moment).

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #513
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

If it turns out to be true, I think it opens up the possibility of Ultron being introduced as an a.i in IM3, ultron being the ai the mandarin uses to control starks armor is something that has crossed my mind before

Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #514
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Chinese actress Fan Bingbing will play a surgical assistant in the upcoming Hollywood film "Iron Man 3", Sohu.com reports. A video released by Sohu.com shows she and co-star Wang Xueqi filming a scene where their characters perform an operation on Iron Man. During the operation, Fan's character assists Dr. Wu while helping with translations between him and Iron Man. In the film...Iron Man flies to China to seek help from Dr. Wu, who can strengthen his abilities to fight the Mandarin.
Another video is here showing them filming the scene. And pics:

Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #515
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I hope there's no graphic surgery...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #516
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I hope there's no graphic surgery...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #517
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Oh the horror!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #518
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Chinese actress Fan Bingbing will play a surgical assistant in the upcoming Hollywood film "Iron Man 3", Sohu.com reports. A video released by Sohu.com shows she and co-star Wang Xueqi filming a scene where their characters perform an operation on Iron Man. During the operation, Fan's character assists Dr. Wu while helping with translations between him and Iron Man. In the film...Iron Man flies to China to seek help from Dr. Wu, who can strengthen his abilities to fight the Mandarin.
Well, that rules out Sasha Hammer. And rules out (again) Chen Lu aka Radioactive Man.

I'm fairly positive at this point that Stephanie Szostak will turn out to be a no-name as well --- no Janet Van Dyne, no Justine Hammer....just Some Chick. Remember when we were all trying to figure out which "comic book character" Olivia Munn and Leslie Bibb were going to play in the first two movies, and it turned out they were just no-name bed buddies for Stark.....? Yeah. There's your "mystery role" for Szostak in IM3.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #519
protocida
Side-Kick

^ That's what I've been saying.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #520
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm still wondering if the 'armoured Chinese heroes' is a credible rumour or not.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #521
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I really doubt we'll see Wasp. My bets is she's Justine Hammer or another leading female part.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #522
protocida
Side-Kick

I doubt anything we've heard on the Chinese part of the story is valid.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #523
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Well, that rules out Sasha Hammer. And rules out (again) Chen Lu aka Radioactive Man.

I'm fairly positive at this point that Stephanie Szostak will turn out to be a no-name as well --- no Janet Van Dyne, no Justine Hammer....just Some Chick. Remember when we were all trying to figure out which "comic book character" Olivia Munn and Leslie Bibb were going to play in the first two movies, and it turned out they were just no-name bed buddies for Stark.....? Yeah. There's your "mystery role" for Szostak in IM3.
Actually Christine Everheart (Leslie Bibb) and Chess Roberts (Olivia Munn) are actual comic book characters.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 01-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #524
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

We've known for months Wu was in this scene working on tony.... Don't really see how this changes anything..

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #525
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree that there isn't much evidence pointing to Szostak being Janet. But I did want to make this observation...it appears to me that Szostak and RDJ are in a backroom of a restaurant. She is not wearing a lab coat, or it doesn't look like one to me. It looks more like this woman is possibly a server at a restaurant. However that may fit into the movie, i don't know. I just wanted to point it out. Does this change any of the speculation on the character? Probably not. Here is a probably way to large screen cap of the scene...notice all of the high chairs/servers station.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Closed Thread