The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #376
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate
 
Frontier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 523
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Not sure if this is applicable...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVsn4RMJgwI

__________________
frontier001.tumblr.com
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #377
BlackFox
The Red Devil
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Kitchen
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
This is incredible:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
They should use this for the box set release, seriously.

BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #378
solyentbrak1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 103
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Video was blocked for me, dude

This was something I put together while waiting for the TDKR DVD to come out so I can make a full tribute, hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjKZEgr-oM

solyentbrak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #379
solyentbrak1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 103
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Not fully TDKR but an Arkham City edit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9eB48Tlkhc

solyentbrak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #380
antovolk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 611
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

My TDK Trilogy Blu-ray trailer!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

antovolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #381
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now
 
CapedCrusader14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,644
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

antovolk.....

That was ******* beautiful.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #382
solyentbrak1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 103
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Hey guys! Back with a new trailer, this time for Azzarellos Joker!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQKiKoFuHs

On a side not I got a PM from a friend saying some guy has been posting under my name and saying bad stuff, im sure you all know its not me, this weirdo has some Harley Quinn fetish thing going for me, thats all

solyentbrak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #383
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,875
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

I just made a Trailer as a demonstration of my editing proficiency for a job application. Thought I'd share it here:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm0O--TZ8zs

__________________
This is why I say it's the ballot or the bullet.
It's liberty or it's death.
It's freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody.
America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #384
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,164
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Fantastic!

__________________
"Guys, what would be your reaction if Alfred was Batgirl in this movie? You go watch the movie, everything cool, halfway through, Alfred becomes Batgirl."
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #385
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,002
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Nice job man.

I'm a professional editor myself, so here's just a few bits of constructive criticism, hope you don't mind.

- I think you can end a little stronger than the "I came back to stop you" exchange. Just feels a little flat as a way to end the trailer. I think it might be stronger if you built something there that better encapsulated the trilogy as a whole rather than just a Batman vs. Bane moment from TDKR.
- I think you should use a different backdrop for the title than the TDK teaser logo. It's just not the easiest on the eyes. I'd personally go with one of the three opening logo Bat symbols from the movies for your title card.
- Maybe have a "post title" tease after the title reveal. Maybe the Batman/Bane moment could work there, but just something quick that pops and feels excited. Maybe Joker's pencil trick (I cut a custom TDK trailer once that used that as a tease after the title)

Good stuff though man, and good luck on the job hunt.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #386
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 18,410
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Ra's voice-over sounded a bit uneven with the different quotes you used, and a few scenes were way too quick to have been include. Mainly the TDK ones starting at 0:40. And I agree with Batlobster about the TDK backdrop. I would've used the BB one. It was a bit more subtle, and it had the logo comprised of bats, so it gets the job done.

I liked it, though. Good job.

__________________

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #387
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 39,421
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Terrific vid, Asteroid-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
- I think you can end a little stronger than the "I came back to stop you" exchange. Just feels a little flat as a way to end the trailer.
That's not how he ended it. It ended with Bale's "I'm Batman" scene with Falcone.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #388
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,002
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Terrific vid, Asteroid-Man.



That's not how he ended it. It ended with Bale's "I'm Batman" scene with Falcone.
I meant leading up to the title reveal.

But you're right, he does have the "I"m Batman" as a post-title punctuation mark, which is great, so my last note was redundant.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:55 AM   #389
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,875
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Fantastic!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Nice job man.

I'm a professional editor myself, so here's just a few bits of constructive criticism, hope you don't mind.

- I think you can end a little stronger than the "I came back to stop you" exchange. Just feels a little flat as a way to end the trailer. I think it might be stronger if you built something there that better encapsulated the trilogy as a whole rather than just a Batman vs. Bane moment from TDKR.
- I think you should use a different backdrop for the title than the TDK teaser logo. It's just not the easiest on the eyes. I'd personally go with one of the three opening logo Bat symbols from the movies for your title card.


Good stuff though man, and good luck on the job hunt.
Oh sweet! Nice to see other industry editors on here! I'm in the transition between Assistant Editor and Editor. I worked as an assist on a bunch of TV shows and movies, for about a year (after 3 years of editing dramatic shorts), so the job I was applying to needed a demo reel of sizzles and corporate videos I'd cut. While I was waiting to receive footage, I cut that together for them over the course of a couple of days. I had to rip the footage from the blurays and isolate the centre tracks for clean dialogue. Took a lot of time, so when it came down to actually making edit decisions like a final "hook" line, I kind of just noticed that things ended there and didn't bother making it longer/switching out the shot.

Yeah you're right about the title shot. I was going to use the one from Begins and play with the colour, but the problem was that the video rip I had of Begins and TDK were from an mp4 download with horrible compression (which is why I just did the TDKR rip myself). So I ended up just going with the TDK teaser shot and stabilised it so it wasn't as shaky.


It's cool how two of the biggest issues I had with the trailer were stuff you mentioned! It's reassuring to see the growth in my editing compare to fan trailers I'd cut in the past. Thanks so much for your pointers, they're greatly appreciated!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Ra's voice-over sounded a bit uneven with the different quotes you used, and a few scenes were way too quick to have been include. Mainly the TDK ones starting at 0:40. And I agree with Batlobster about the TDK backdrop. I would've used the BB one. It was a bit more subtle, and it had the logo comprised of bats, so it gets the job done.

I liked it, though. Good job.
Uneven as in the volume wasn't level?

Ah yeah I see what you're saying about the TDK shots. See above for my comments on the BB logo Thanks a lot for the kind words!


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Terrific vid, Asteroid-Man.
Thank you, sir!

__________________
This is why I say it's the ballot or the bullet.
It's liberty or it's death.
It's freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody.
America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:30 AM   #390
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,002
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Asteroid-Man-

Nice dude, and no problem! Sounds like you're on a good path honing your craft and I'm sure you'll make the jump from AE to Editor before you know it. Isolating the dialogue is great and definitely makes it feel like a step up from most fan-trailers. Doing your own trailers is always a great practice, anyway. When I was an AE I had a mentor suggest I do that as an exercise.

I really need to get around to doing a Blu-Ray rip of the trilogy...I've been wanting to do my own trailer/tribute for a while. This might have given me the kick in the ass I needed!


Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 03-07-2015 at 06:56 AM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #391
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,164
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Asteroid-Man-

Nice dude, and no problem! Sounds like you're on a good path honing your craft and I'm sure you'll make the jump from AE to Editor before you know it. Isolating the dialogue is great and definitely makes it feel like a step up from most fan-trailers. Doing your own trailers is always a great practice, anyway. When I was an AE I had a mentor suggest I do that as an exercise.

I really need to get around to doing a Blu-Ray rip of the trilogy...I've been wanting to do my own trailer/tribute for a while. This might have given me the kick in the ass I needed!
Dude it would be awesome if you did one.What i liked about the above trailer was how he made it simple, with very effective and iconic shots/moments of the trilogy but at the same time he gave us some new shots that aren't usually in Trilogy tributes. I've seen SO many of them over the last 2 years and some of them are fantastic, some not so much. But only 1 or 2 have really stood out when it comes to combining fresh shots with some iconic ones that i guess need to be shown.

Another good thing about Asteroid's trailer was how it told a story. Not just random images to show off his editing skills. The fresher shots keep you from turning it off out of boredom since almost every tribute seems to be the same on youtube.

Im no editor myself but i also had a few tribute ideas that including some moments and shots that were beautifully shot in the trilogy but i just never see them used. Maybe once you start yours *nudge nudge wink wink* i can make a few suggestions (if i can remember them heh). One of the first shots of Gotham in Rises is a great example. The shot of the bridge with Wayne Manor lit up in the backround, right before they show us the Mayor's speech. Such a beautiful shot, would fit well near the beginning of a trailer too.

__________________
"Guys, what would be your reaction if Alfred was Batgirl in this movie? You go watch the movie, everything cool, halfway through, Alfred becomes Batgirl."
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #392
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,002
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Dude it would be awesome if you did one.What i liked about the above trailer was how he made it simple, with very effective and iconic shots/moments of the trilogy but at the same time he gave us some new shots that aren't usually in Trilogy tributes. I've seen SO many of them over the last 2 years and some of them are fantastic, some not so much. But only 1 or 2 have really stood out when it comes to combining fresh shots with some iconic ones that i guess need to be shown.
Oh yeah dude, if I ever do one I will definitely take a look a lot of the more popular ones out there (some of which I really like- like the "Epic Retrospective" one) and take notes on any shots/juxtapositions of shots that haven't been used and try to keep it as fresh as possible and not lean on entirely obvious stuff. Same would go for music cues as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Another good thing about Asteroid's trailer was how it told a story. Not just random images to show off his editing skills. The fresher shots keep you from turning it off out of boredom since almost every tribute seems to be the same on youtube.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im no editor myself but i also had a few tribute ideas that including some moments and shots that were beautifully shot in the trilogy but i just never see them used. Maybe once you start yours *nudge nudge wink wink* i can make a few suggestions (if i can remember them heh). One of the first shots of Gotham in Rises is a great example. The shot of the bridge with Wayne Manor lit up in the backround, right before they show us the Mayor's speech. Such a beautiful shot, would fit well near the beginning of a trailer too.
Cool man, I'll certainly let you know if I end up doing it. I've got a lot on my plate now, but I'm pretty sure I'll get around to it cause it's been something I've wanted to do for a while. I also kind of wanted to do a big "Batman franchise" montage/trailer, but I feel like that recent one that did the chronological order retrospective from the 40s serials through TDKR might've beat me to the punch, ha.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #393
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,875
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Asteroid-Man-

Nice dude, and no problem! Sounds like you're on a good path honing your craft and I'm sure you'll make the jump from AE to Editor before you know it. Isolating the dialogue is great and definitely makes it feel like a step up from most fan-trailers. Doing your own trailers is always a great practice, anyway. When I was an AE I had a mentor suggest I do that as an exercise.

I really need to get around to doing a Blu-Ray rip of the trilogy...I've been wanting to do my own trailer/tribute for a while. This might have given me the kick in the ass I needed!
Thanks a lot man, and I look forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Another good thing about Asteroid's trailer was how it told a story. Not just random images to show off his editing skills. The fresher shots keep you from turning it off out of boredom since almost every tribute seems to be the same on youtube.
Thanks for the kind words!

__________________
This is why I say it's the ballot or the bullet.
It's liberty or it's death.
It's freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody.
America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #394
StevenM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7
Default Re: TDKR fan trailers thread

Hey guys,

Not got a trailer but a fan theme I've been working on just for fun. Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUTMuW58iYk

Also check out my other Youtube vids inc Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan theme.

StevenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.