The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. Not unless news sites reported it exclusively as a spinoff. If it picked up plot threads from TDKR, I'd say most would think it was a sequel.
Well, since we are definitely not getting a sequel (aside from the film labeled "The legend ends" on the promo material), arguing this is probably useless.

Quote:
Didn't realise you were counting Bane, Selina and Talia, I thought you were counting Zsasz, Maroni and Falcone.

Yeah, sevens not bad. But, personally, I'd like to think that there could have been more. It's one of those times when I think "Nolan, I don't care what you think, I've substituted my own thing here". Like I did for the ending.
I would lie if I didn't imagine Nolan versions of the Riddler and Mr. Freeze. But the more I think about it, the more I find it pointless. It's fun to imagine that though, the best version I found are the Jakinj comics.

Quote:
They very much did. Aside from a few minor complaints, it's quite possibly my favourite interpretation of the character.
Yeah, mine too. It's a tough one between Bruce Timm's take and Nolan's.

Quote:
That was all way before my time, so that might explain it. Also, I don't think those shows would have been well known outside the US, which is why nobody I knew had known them either.
Well, I'm from Mexico, and I got those shows until they were dubbed to my language, not by a very large time span. They were quite popular, at least I remember watching Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and Justice League on my language. I'd say it's a safe bet to say that at least they are easily recognizable, perhaps Scarecrow more than Ra's.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote