The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #126
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
TBH i dont think a thor tv spot is gonna be shown at superbowl cuz:
the movie is less than an year away, and IM3 needs to amp up its marketing by putting a tv spot, i dont think Disney is willing to put 2 marvel movies during the bowl so dont get ur hopes up...
But i am pretty damn sure IM3 will have a tv spot during superbowl cuz theres not that many blockbuster movies coming out on the first half of 2013 other than MOS and star trek...
I think the first footage of thor we are gonna get is with the phase 1 briefcase pack where Feige i think confirmed that theres gonna be some sort of teaser of IM3, Thor TDW, and Cap WS, which is like the first week of April...
as for a full theatrical trailer for Thor 2, I is most likely gonna be with IM3 release, which is six months before Thor 2 release, which sounds right since IM3 got its first trailer before six months of its release...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
^ I agree with all that, darkslayer, except the part about the Super Bowl. IM3 has pretty much already got its big trailers out; the only new things we'll have between now and release will be the 30- 60-second TV spots that are mostly rehashes of the teaser & theatrical trailers. Marvel isn't going to blow beaucoup dollars on blasphemously expensive Super Bowl spots for those. If Marvel wants *any* Super Bowl advertising, they'll want to get/give their money's worth, so a brand new Thor trailer is far more likely to have an impact than IM3 trailer leftovers.
I disagree with both of you--I think both movies will have a presence during the Super Bowl. Though I agree with your positive reasons for either teaser to be shown.

For one, you have Iron Man--the same Iron Man that in 2008 elevated the recent trend of upcoming movies showing teasers during the Superbowl. At this point it would be out of character if Tony Stark didn't show up on the biggest stage in America. It's also an opportunity to show some fun aspects of Iron Man 3 that aren't in the first trailer. Given the serious nature of that trailer, the MoS trailer, and the STID trailer these past few months, a more energetic teaser for IM3 during the Super Bowl could serve to be a memorable, stark contrast.

Also, cherokeesam, I can almost guarantee that Iron Man 3 will have a second full-length trailer: the past two Iron Man movies (as well as Thor and Avengers) released second trailers about two months before their May release dates. Iron Man 3 isn't done showing new stuff.

As for Thor, it's an opportunity to finally show the world just how different and intriguing Alan Taylor's vision is going to be tonally and visually for a Thor they've seen the past two years, leaving an indelible mark in people's minds. America thinks it already knows what Thor is all about. A Super Bowl teaser could turn that on its head. I don't think Marvel is going to reveal the first Thor 2 footage in a box set that only a small percentage of the population will end up buying.

And why are you guys all of a sudden concerned that Disney wouldn't want to pay for both? They did it for Thor and Cap in 2011, didn't they?

Last edited by spideymouse; 01-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #127
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
TBH i dont think a thor tv spot is gonna be shown at superbowl cuz:
the movie is less than an year away, and IM3 needs to amp up its marketing by putting a tv spot, i dont think Disney is willing to put 2 marvel movies during the bowl so dont get ur hopes up...
The 2011 Superbowl featured a tv-spot for both Thor and Captain America.

ゴジラ
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #128
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I disagree with both of you--I think both movies will have a presence during the Super Bowl. Though I agree with your positive reasons for either teaser to be shown.

For one, you have Iron Man--the same Iron Man that in 2008 elevated the recent trend of upcoming movies showing teasers during the Superbowl. At this point it would be out of character if Tony Stark didn't show up on the biggest stage in America.
Ha! That's a good point! He's a full-tail diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built to the skies. . .

Quote:
a more energetic teaser for IM3 during the Super Bowl could serve to be a memorable, stark contrast.
So to speak. . .

Quote:
As for Thor, it's an opportunity to finally show the world just how different and intriguing Alan Taylor's vision is going to be tonally and visually for a Thor they've seen the past two years, leaving an indelible mark in people's minds. America thinks it already knows what Thor is all about. A Super Bowl teaser could turn that on its head. I don't think Marvel is going to reveal the first Thor 2 footage in a box set that only a small percentage of the population will end up buying.
I wholeheartedly agree with this point.

Can't wait!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #129
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Ha! That's a good point! He's a full-tail diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built to the skies. . .
...With his name plastered--son of a *****!
Quote:
So to speak. . .
Hehe yep, pun was intended. Good catch.
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with this point.

Can't wait!
Neither can I! We just saw Thor and Loki in Avengers, but I can't wait to see Odin, Sif, Jane, the Warriors Three and the rest of the old Thor cast again in new footage! Not to mention Malekith and hopefully Algrim/Kurse... I think part of the excitement for me is that this is going to be the first non-Iron Man MCU sequel, and I'm interested to see how Marvel handles it!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #130
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
...With his name plastered--son of a *****!

Yeah, I got a kick out of the sequence in Iron Man 2 when he makes a grand entrance at his technical show. I've watched my share of TED talks, and someone said to me that the sequence reminded him of various Apple product launches. I appreciate the subtle satire.

<stark contrast>
Quote:
Hehe yep, pun was intended. Good catch.
Thanks. And hat tip to you.

I said that I can't wait for the film.
Quote:
Neither can I! We just saw Thor and Loki in Avengers, but I can't wait to see Odin, Sif, Jane, the Warriors Three and the rest of the old Thor cast again in new footage! Not to mention Malekith and hopefully Algrim/Kurse... I think part of the excitement for me is that this is going to be the first non-Iron Man MCU sequel, and I'm interested to see how Marvel handles it!
Indeed.

For a while it seemed like every press release mentioned how this or that member of the supporting cast was going to have an expanded role. So I'm interested to see how they pull off a good story with all these roles expanded. And of course I'm glad for everyone's role to be expanded!

It also looks like there are going to be some great fight sequences. Looking forward to that, too.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #131
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ I agree with all that, darkslayer, except the part about the Super Bowl. IM3 has pretty much already got its big trailers out; the only new things we'll have between now and release will be the 30- 60-second TV spots that are mostly rehashes of the teaser & theatrical trailers. Marvel isn't going to blow beaucoup dollars on blasphemously expensive Super Bowl spots for those. If Marvel wants *any* Super Bowl advertising, they'll want to get/give their money's worth, so a brand new Thor trailer is far more likely to have an impact than IM3 trailer leftovers.
IM3 only got like one theatrical trailer out back in october, i think disney/marvel will definitely want to spend on it becuz the hype is a little low now. I dont understand wat u meant by "IM3 got its big trailer outs"? past marvel movis goes like this: first theatrical trailer at the end of year, superbowl on Feb, second theatrical trailer by end of Feb, beginning of March; and many tv spots by end of March till mid April...
i believe all marvel movies has went through this except Cap

Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #132
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

For one, you have Iron Man--the same Iron Man that in 2008 elevated the recent trend of upcoming movies showing teasers during the Superbowl. At this point it would be out of character if Tony Stark didn't show up on the biggest stage in America. It's also an opportunity to show some fun aspects of Iron Man 3 that aren't in the first trailer. Given the serious nature of that trailer, the MoS trailer, and the STID trailer these past few months, a more energetic teaser for IM3 during the Super Bowl could serve to be a memorable, stark contrast.

Also, cherokeesam, I can almost guarantee that Iron Man 3 will have a second full-length trailer: the past two Iron Man movies (as well as Thor and Avengers) released second trailers about two months before their May release dates. Iron Man 3 isn't done showing new stuff.

And why are you guys all of a sudden concerned that Disney wouldn't want to pay for both? They did it for Thor and Cap in 2011, didn't they?
Has there bin a superbowl spot for any movie that comes at the second half of an year.?
i dont think there is correct me if im wrong, most superbowl spots cover only summer movies which end at August. While all ur arguments are valid i believe marvel/disney are counting on IM3 to essentially hype the other phase 2 movies obviously cuz of RDJ's recognition with GA.
btw Feige did confirm new IM3, Thor2 and Cap 2 footage with the briefcase set, but its mostly likely gonna be short teasers....

Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #133
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
The 2011 Superbowl featured a tv-spot for both Thor and Captain America.
of course they did i forgot for a second, considering avengers success maybe its a possibility but all i m telling the fans is to not get ur hopes up. I was really upset when marvel announced IM2 superbowl spot but later cancelled it.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #134
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
IM3 has pretty much already got its big trailers out
We'll get at least one more full theatrical trailer for IM3, probably 2. No doubt it'll have a superbowl spot, too.

Quote:

Thor:TDW getting a superbowl spot, I think, would be a good move. While it is a long time away, the one-two puches of two new Avenger related spots one after the other lends itself nicely to hype.

I think the main question is would they have enough suitable FX shots finished in time.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #135
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
We'll get at least one more full theatrical trailer for IM3, probably 2. No doubt it'll have a superbowl spot, too.

Thor:TDW getting a superbowl spot, I think, would be a good move. While it is a long time away, the one-two puches of two new Avenger related spots one after the other lends itself nicely to hype.

I think the main question is would they have enough suitable FX shots finished in time.
thats wat Im thinking, i dont think any FX shots are done but who knows.
But it seems like a great idea to feature both the avengers in the superbowl.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #136
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

btw does anyone know when they are announcing superbowl spots?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #137
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
But it seems like a great idea to feature both the avengers in the superbowl.
Yeah, it would be a blast!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #138
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Has there bin a superbowl spot for any movie that comes at the second half of an year.?
i dont think there is correct me if im wrong, most superbowl spots cover only summer movies which end at August. While all ur arguments are valid i believe marvel/disney are counting on IM3 to essentially hype the other phase 2 movies obviously cuz of RDJ's recognition with GA.
btw Feige did confirm new IM3, Thor2 and Cap 2 footage with the briefcase set, but its mostly likely gonna be short teasers....
Well, G.I.Joe: Retaliation had a teaser in last year's Super Bowl, and it's not getting released until March of this year... of course, its release date was pushed way back from its original June 2012 release date. Yeah, you make a good point--I guess most movies that are teased during the Super Bowl are spring and summer movies. Still, there are some out there that posit that the Hunger Games sequel will have a Super Bowl spot, and that comes out two weeks after Thor: TDW.

I'm not denying that there will be Thor 2 footage in the briefcase set--I just really don't like the idea that something so exclusive will be the way people will be able to see the first released Thor: TDW footage.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #139
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, G.I.Joe: Retaliation had a teaser in last year's Super Bowl, and it's not getting released until March of this year... of course, its release date was pushed way back from its original June 2012 release date. Yeah, you make a good point--I guess most movies that are teased during the Super Bowl are spring and summer movies. Still, there are some out there that posit that the Hunger Games sequel will have a Super Bowl spot, and that comes out two weeks after Thor: TDW.

I'm not denying that there will be Thor 2 footage in the briefcase set--I just really don't like the idea that something so exclusive will be the way people will be able to see the first released Thor: TDW footage.
well i think those teasers are to compensate for the late selling of the briefcase but ya i think they are gonna show like the teaser of HG sequel that came out recently with superbowl, but i really dont want a title teaser for Thor 2 to be in superbowl...

Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #140
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
well i think those teasers are to compensate for the late selling of the briefcase but ya i think they are gonna show like the teaser of HG sequel that came out recently with superbowl, but i really dont want a title teaser for Thor 2 to be in superbowl...
Yeah, I don't think they would do a title teaser...they pretty much did a title teaser at SDCC last year.

On a side note, speaking of the Cap 2 footage in the briefcase set, I wonder if they're going to have anything at all ready for it. At first the Cap 2 was supposed to start shooting this month so it made sense, but that has been pushed back to March. With only a month of shooting, I wonder how much there will be at all--it might just be interviews and maybe some production shots.

You've convinced me to temper my expectations for a Thor spot in the Super Bowl. But I still think it should happen, and remain optimistic that it will.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #141
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
btw does anyone know when they are announcing superbowl spots?
None that I know of yet. I hope we see it, and I'm off that day lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 01-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #142
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Imagine Thor, The Wolverine and IM3 all in 1 superbowl. Won't happen, but it would be cool.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #143
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

The new Superman movie might use the Superbowl for a trailer spot too.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Recreational Marijuana supporters just aren't doing a good job convincing me it's a good thing.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #144
04nbod
I need to debrief you

They would be smart to have a 'You've seen The Avengers. See what happens next...' type trailer at the Superbowl showcasing both Iron Man and Thor.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #145
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
They would be smart to have a 'You've seen The Avengers. See what happens next...' type trailer at the Superbowl showcasing both Iron Man and Thor.
that's a good idea. though they will probably concentrate on IM3.

here's what I think, the Phase one set is out on April 2, there should be a Thor 2 trailer in that, then that trailer or one similar will be released with IM3 on May 2nd. (so the people who get the box get it 1 month ahead of time).

I think we should get artwork or official pics sooner than that though. (and hopefully not just more of Thor. I want to see the others too!)

Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #146
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

Question is, what does he do next time he sees Hulk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Answer: Run away screaming like a little girl.
It took me a little time to find this cartoon again, but Loki would probably do this:

Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #147
elizah72
Side-Kick

NEW Jaimie talks about Thor TDW! She spills a bit! yay Jaimie!!

http://www.iamrogue.com/roguetv/vide...ark-world.html

from what she says,
she finished shooting, she thinks they may have more to do "on their end"
Movie will explore Asgard, get to know the people of Asgard more, and the 9 realms A LOT more.
Sif - Thor relationship explored more a little bit, more character development for Sif. She didn't go as far as to say romantic but when asked that she said "kinda" but also mentioned a brother-sister dynamic
more darker more gladiator-ish, more Viking-ish

Last edited by elizah72; 01-05-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #148
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:

from what she says,
Movie will explore Asgard, get to know the people of Asgard more, and the 9 realms A LOT more.
Sif - Thor relationship explored more a little bit, more character development for Sif. She didn't go as far as to say romantic but when asked that she said "kinda" but also mentioned a brother-sister dynamic
Thanks for posting it, elizah. I'm very excited about the 9 realms bit!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #149
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:

from what she says,
Here's the vid:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And transcription:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
“I just finished shooting about a week and a half ago. There's going to be a bit of a darker feel and obviously a lot more action. We get to explore different realms a lot more and you see a lot more Asgard; and you get to know the people of Asgard. There is more [character development] with Sif. We sort of explore the Thor-Sif relationship a little bit; kind of [in a romantic way]. It's more like getting a feel of who these people are, how the way they are with each other. It was really fun for me and Chris. Him and I are almost like brother and sister too, so I was like maybe that translates into 'ohh they love each other on camera.' We had a good time making that movie.”

“That was hard at first [returning with a new director] because I didn't know what to expect. I love Kenneth Branagh very much He was a huge staple in my life because he launched my career. I gotta say, however, it is always great working with new people. Alan Taylor has brought a whole new vision to Thor. We've remained our own characters obviously, so there's still that similarity between the first and second one. But there's a darker feel to this one; a little more Gladiator-ish, a bit more viking-ish. So I'm really excited to see how it turns out.”

“The script did [feel more rooted in the comic book stuff]. I could read certain scenes and actually see how someone would do the drawings on the page. With that sense, Marvel was great; they said 'make it your own.' We just have a great team. I have been very lucky in my career. It was slightly different [with Zachary Levi coming in], because he's not Josh Dallas, but he's fantastic. And I've know Zach for years. He was actually one of the first choices for Fandral, so it's great to have him on board. He's definitely Fandral, and he's such a lovely guy, team player and really sweet. Everybody welcomed him with open arms and he's definitely a part of the family.”

Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #150
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Jamie is so pretty it makes me stupid...but great to see/hear that there will be development into Sif's character something I thought was disappointing about the first film.