The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #576
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Well, I'm just bored and want news, LOL. Plus, I don't actually think we've got the main cast just yet.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #577
NanaT
X-Men United!

I have no idea what 'strong clues' about the film's plot you have gained from the announcement of this cast coz I for one have no idea how Stewart or McKellen will factor into this film especially when magneto doesn't appear in the comic storyline and Prof x doesn't appear in the future sequence. So please enlighten me. :-)

Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #578
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I have no idea what 'strong clues' about the film's plot you have gained from the announcement of this cast coz I for one have no idea how Stewart or McKellen will factor into this film especially when magneto doesn't appear in the comic storyline and Prof x doesn't appear in the future sequence. So please enlighten me. :-)
He certainly does.

- We know they're adapting DoFP
- We know 7 actors who are returning (so far).
- We know there will in fact be time travel of some sort.
- We know there will be "robots".

That's a decent amount.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #579
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Prepare to be enlightened, budski.

I'm just saying that, by involving Stewart and McKellen, we can obviously assume there will be the past and future iterations of those characters. That tells us more about the movie than finding out 'such and such' has been cast to play 'Scientist 1'.

Also, I'm not sure if you've actually seen the other X-Movies, but using specifics from the comic to predict what will or won't happen might not be the best move. I mean, from memory, Havok wasn't like 30 years older than his brother Cyclops, Mystique didn't have a backstory with Xavier... Not to mention Cyclops didn't die, Rogue had super strength... then at the extreme end of the spectrum, Wolverine didn't suck and Deadpool didn't have sword arms and laser eyes.

I'm just saying, as far as X-Movies have been concerned (and as far as I am for that matter) it's where the movies stories have deviated from the comics but retained the FEEL that has always had me the most engaged and interested (Dark Phoenix set up and weapon X in X2, Mags and Xavier's friendship in First Class) and that is the case here too. I can't wait to see how they spin and adapt the days of future past.. so any details that allude to that will naturally have me interested too.

Seeing McKellen and Stewart involved not only confirms we will see future version of these characters, but it also alludes to a strong link to the original X trilogy (a link that didn't feel that strong in the original First Class movie).

EDIT: Oh, and we know about robots too now? Seriously, we know more about this film 4 months before filming starts than we did about Avengers like 6 months before the actual film came out. Some fans need to venture outside of the internet bubble and get some perspective.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #580
NanaT
X-Men United!

I think we are all bored but I'm don't think it's wrong for us to be asking for news. Maybe the Holiday season could be the problem for the lack of news. But I'm sure that we had more news than this with First Class by this time. We at least had rumours. There was the Aaron Johnson as cyclops rumour, and magan good as storm, Rosamund pike, Alice eve, amber heard etc. There was always something new to be speculating about.

With DOFP we are discussing the same old things and most of us are beginning to sound like broken records.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #581
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

There's a difference between asking for more news and complaining at the 'void' of information. One involves passion, the other involves impatient entitlement.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #582
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Prepare to be enlightened, budski.

I'm just saying that, by involving Stewart and McKellen, we can obviously assume there will be the past and future iterations of those characters. That tells us more about the movie than finding out 'such and such' has been cast to play 'Scientist 1'.

Also, I'm not sure if you've actually seen the other X-Movies, but using specifics from the comic to predict what will or won't happen might not be the best move. I mean, from memory, Havok wasn't like 30 years older than his brother Cyclops, Mystique didn't have a backstory with Xavier... Not to mention Cyclops didn't die, Rogue had super strength... then at the extreme end of the spectrum, Wolverine didn't suck and Deadpool didn't have sword arms and laser eyes.

I'm just saying, as far as X-Movies have been concerned (and as far as I am for that matter) it's where the movies stories have deviated from the comics but retained the FEEL that has always had me the most engaged and interested (Dark Phoenix set up and weapon X in X2, Mags and Xavier's friendship in First Class) and that is the case here too. I can't wait to see how they spin and adapt the days of future past.. so any details that allude to that will naturally have me interested too.

Seeing McKellen and Stewart involved not only confirms we will see future version of these characters, but it also alludes to a strong link to the original X trilogy (a link that didn't feel that strong in the original First Class movie).

EDIT: Oh, and we know about robots too now? Seriously, we know more about this film 4 months before filming starts than we did about Avengers like 6 months before the actual film came out. Some fans need to venture outside of the internet bubble and get some perspective.
From Millar.
“Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past.”
“You’ve got robots, you’ve got time travel, you’ve got superheroes – it’s got everything in one film… Cost-wise it’s going to go up, and ambitious-wise it’s gone up. But Vaughn can handle it. Vaughn made Kick-Ass for $28 million.”

Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #583
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was the Aaron Johnson as cyclops rumour, and magan good as storm, Rosamund pike, Alice eve, amber heard etc. There was always something new to be speculating about.
And how did that pan out? There was no Cyclops in the eventual FC. No Storm. And how disappointing was that when we were soooo excited to see how the First Class was gonna look only to get the Darwins, Angels, Azazels and Riptides of the world?

Honestly, I would rather be "in the dark" of this movie, and be surprised, in a good way, than to be spoonfed all this info only to get crap characters like those above. IMO of course. With this new film we know Bryan won't try to push obscure characters (again see: FC) into the spotlight. At least let's hope not. There's sooo much to cover in DOFP, what with the original trilogy characters and the FC cast, that there won't be time for new characters.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #584
NanaT
X-Men United!

Yes I know Magneto appears in DoFP comic. Sorry I thought I had edited that before posting.
JP everything you mentioned except the comment about the cast is something most fans would expect a soon as the title was confirmed to be days of future past. Anything less would not be acceptable. Every other bit of news since the confirmation of the title has not been informing when it comes to plot points, yet

Wolvieboy17. I have seen the other Xmen movies (I own all of them in fact)e. You make good points but I still fail to see how these give clues to the plot of the film.

Last edited by NanaT; 01-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #585
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT
Wolvieboy17. I have seen the other Xmen movies (I own all of them in fact)e. You make good points but I still fail to see how these give clues to the plot of the film.
I know you do but I won't hold it against you, at least you're trying.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #586
NanaT
X-Men United!

In that same quote from Millar he says something along the lines of it would be no spoiler on his part to say the things he said as he knows fans of the comic storyline expect to see that an adaptation. It wouldn't be a proper adaptation without the sentinels.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #587
JP
Smelly

Quote:
In that same quote from Millar he says something along the lines of it would be no spoiler on his part to say the things he said as he knows fans of the comic storyline expect to see that an adaptation. It wouldn't be a proper adaptation without the sentinels.
And yet why do people still say "I hope there are Sentinels!"

Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #588
NanaT
X-Men United!

I have no idea when Millar seems to have confirmed it.

I have heard people speculating on what kind of sentinel will be used, and the height of the sentinel which is understandable but people asking whether sentinels will be included must either not have read the source material or are not aware of this quote from Millar.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #589
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think we are all bored but I'm don't think it's wrong for us to be asking for news. Maybe the Holiday season could be the problem for the lack of news. But I'm sure that we had more news than this with First Class by this time.
Are you kidding? First Class didn't have a single cast member confirmed this close to shooting. It barely had a director. First Class was supposed to shoot at the end of August, and Vaughn didn't sign on until the beginning of May. McAvoy wasn't announced until the end of May, and the rest of the cast in June and July. Jason Flemyng wasn't even announced until mid-August. Compared to First Class, we're doing fine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...en-first-class

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ofessor-xavier

Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #590
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

The X3 design of the Sentinels was decent.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #591
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Are you kidding? First Class didn't have a single cast member confirmed this close to shooting. It barely had a director. First Class was supposed to shoot at the end of August, and Vaughn didn't sign on until the beginning of May. McAvoy wasn't announced until the end of May, and the rest of the cast in June and July. Jason Flemyng wasn't even announced until mid-August. Compared to First Class, we're doing fine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ofessor-xavier

I also added in my post that even if we didn't have solid news we had casting rumours. Ever since James Mcavoy (who I believe was the first actor cast, i could be wrong) joined the cast. With this film we've had a rumour that actually isn't rumour but a misrepresented article piece.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #592
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Sorry but you may as well be Charles Xavier yourself because as far as your argument is concerned, you haven't got a leg to stand on :P

Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #593
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I suppose the Xmas/New Year's season might have been a contribution to the slow news. Even film people must have holidays and stuff.
Yup! The first week of the year is usually a slow week. But we should be patient because it won't be too long since the new X-Men movie will be released this July and if DOFP is really going to start filming this Spring of 2013.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #594
Filmboy
Banned User

Judging from his twitter posts/pics, Singer is really enjoying himself now , having a vacation in Rio,Brazil.

I doubt we'll hear an announcent anytime soon.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #595
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

From past It will likely be march till we get complete list of returning actors

When Bryan Singer has to promate Jack The Giant Slayer he Is sure to be flooded with X-men questions.By then we will get Idea who else Is back from First Class and who else
Is coming back from Trilogy.

Inless the next casting announcement Is Anna Paquin or less Likely Ellen Page I am pretty sure the time Traveler will eather be Wolverine or Mind switch between Xavier.

Don't forget the first CLass actors are all under contract for more films so they can go without announcing them till they want to.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #596
Snikt
Side-Kick

Let's not foget Hugh jackman confirmed his involvement on twitter

Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #597
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Looks like Bryan is back in NA. He just tweeted out a pic with some of his crew, among them John Ottman. (When I first read the tweet, without seeing the twitpic, I actually thought this was an announcement of Ottman's involvement in DOFP). We might have to wait yet!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #598
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
Judging from his twitter posts/pics, Singer is really enjoying himself now , having a vacation in Rio,Brazil.

I doubt we'll hear an announcent anytime soon.
He's back in Los Angeles now, not that his location has ever been an issue regarding casting announcements. He's been on a trip during every single one of them.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #599
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
There's a difference between asking for more news and complaining at the 'void' of information.
Ehn...they are one and the same.

Quote:
There's a difference between asking for more news and complaining at the 'void' of information.
You think so? Really? I couldn't disagree more. The passion is what drives the "entitlement" factor you speak of.

There is certainly nothing wrong with fans wanting to know how things are coming along...they've invested many years--and a helluva lot of money--into these franchises...both in print and in cinema. Also, there is quite a bit of confusion around the film and it's understandable that viewers are anxious to find out how things are going to pan out. I know I'm certainly keen on it.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #600
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Looks like Bryan is back in NA. He just tweeted out a pic with some of his crew, among them John Ottman. (When I first read the tweet, without seeing the twitpic, I actually thought this was an announcement of Ottman's involvement in DOFP). We might have to wait yet!
have just seen the tweet/pic:

how dope this would be if this was the very first still from Days of future past, with a new flashback of young Xavier, or a young Scott being introduced

Closed Thread