The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #26
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: If the Lizard was the villain in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgotten View Post
I know Raimi has done some 'horror' films, but I highly doubt Lizard would have been that scary in SM4. Venom was stupid and campy, but he is a character that's supposed to be very scary and threatning. I doubt Raimi woulda done it, that or the studio wouldn't of allowed it.
If he could recreate the tension of the Otto vs. Doctors scene in SM2 we'd be on to something special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
@henzINNIT - was Lizard rumored to have been a possibility? I'd never read anything definite about it, was it for the 3rd movie, the 4th or both? I'd like to hear more, if you remember anything else.

Raimi's Green Goblin just goes to show how what we might often expect from a certain matchup of director/source material can really end up way off the mark. Looking back at it, if I'd have followed this stuff like I do now, there's no way I'd believe we'd see a Goblin like that. I mean mostly as far as the costume design. I would've expected Raimi to do something a lot more physical and grotesque, like some of the alternate visions we've seen or even a bigger budget version of what the guy who made the "Peter's Web" fan film did. That's more what I would've expected Raimi to turn in.
I'm a bit fuzzy now tbh, but what I read was probably merely gossip. I don't remember anything confirmed for SM4 other than Vulture, and don't think Lizard was ever confirmed officially to be considered for SM2.

The Green Goblin looks like something that was lost in the shuffle. There was a lot Raimi's plate to get the first film off the ground, and sadly Gobby paid the price. I saw some interesting stuff floating around for Goblin designs (including those bizarre animatronics) but I'm guessing time and budget ran short. It's a real weak link in a solid film. The villains in the following films were great visually.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #27
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I never disliked the Green Goblin outfit. After seeing some of the previous designs and concept art, I feel a little disappointed, but overall I'm happy with the final product.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #28
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I never disliked the Green Goblin outfit. After seeing some of the previous designs and concept art, I feel a little disappointed, but overall I'm happy with the final product.
It's not too terrible. I would have prefered it if the suit was a dark purple to make it appear more like something the military would use; and then have Osborn attack it with neon green paint. Make it a little more crazy.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
Picard Sisko

I think people give it **** because it reminds them of the Power Rangers.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #30
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think people give it **** because it reminds them of the Power Rangers.
Well yeah... but it does look like a Power Ranger lol

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #31
Picard Sisko

It looks like a higher quality power ranger suit. lol

Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #32
superhero
Side-Kick

i heard sam raimia didn't wont to do venom he wasn't even a fan but he had fans that wereinto veomen but the studios pushed him to put vemon in spider-man 3

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Well yeah... but it does look like a Power Ranger lol
Actually, I believe the joke is that the Goblin looks like a Power Ranger villian.

To be honest, it would be tricky to imagine the Lizard in a Raimi film only because he is established as a doctor in physics, they would have to retconn that or find a way around it. Other than that, it would have fitted like a glove, and in all fairness, I was kinda expecting the Lizard to make an apparition eventually, since Raimi loves the classic villians.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote