The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 12-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Default Re: Justice League's Source Material, Issues 183-185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Just read the summary of the stories-apparently we are dealing with a story where Earths greatest heroes are transported to New Genesis to save it from Apokolips,Its very interesting too say the least and it has so much potential.

Firstly it is drastically different from the the Avengers 1 as the League isnt protecting earth-its protecting another planet entirely.Just thinking of the visuals of the league fighting in a futuristic planet gainat the hordes of apokolips is fapworthy.

Secondly The story has some heroes being transported from parallel universes.So the stry cld incorporate the idea that each hero inhabits a solo universe unto himself and are only united on New genesis by being summoned.They dont have to be in a shared universe for the story to work.Its freaking brilliant.Also introducing a multiverse concept opens the door for a Crisis

...But there is a Downside

Avengers 2 might well take place in space if the Infinity gauntlet rumour is true.If this is true,a Justice league movie willl be called a huge copycat if they follow suit by having an adventure in space.Its amazing that as awesome as this storyline is its the one storyline that worsen their copycat situation.

Assuming Avengers 2 is a space adventure
EDIT:I am now convinced that Marvel deliberately picked Thanos because they somehow knew of DC/WBs plans for a Jl movie.Because Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet storyline is the perfect Cockblock to Darkseid and this storyline

i've always thought that the multiverse would be a great way for the dc heroes to come together. it'd be great if instead of earth 2/earth 1, each hero exists in their own universe, and they are brought to new genesis by orion or metron to help them stop darkseid, but then he turns his sights on earth.

i don't really think thanos is going to be the villain of avengers 2 especially if the guardians of the galaxy movie comes out. they would need thanos in that movie.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #77
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
1.Batman and Superman is enouh to get the public interested in it-I know that.
BUT
overt similarities in Plot and Villain to the avengers is enough to damper the auidence enjoyment of the film,which will lead to bad word of mouth which will turn off others from seeing the movie.That the movie has Bats and Supes does not give it a free pass to be a "ripoff" storywise and Villain wise.

2.How on earth can the Public be worn out on the Avengers team by the time of 2015?Theres no other avengers fim going to be released before then.Avengers 2 is a sequel to a billion dollar franchise and is further hyped by solo movies.Its gonna be huge success lets not kid ourselves on that.

I peronally prefer it.The smaller the team,the better.The Avengers had 6 members 4 of which where built up via solos.Yet Hawkeye got shafted.The Justice league with 7 members and no solos is a huge challenge,so i agree they shld go with 5 members.

JSA will be cut out.It goes without saying.Also introducing the injustice league is not wise especially without solos.Id replace them with Appelexians/Hyperclan.

Yep. Having Supes and Batman in the same film would even be enough to generate big time interest.

I also prefer a smaller JL team as well in this first JL film. Avengers had waaaay too many unecessary characters and that hurt the overall story and was a turn off.

Supes, Bats, WW, GL and Flash is perfect. However, I think adding Martian Manhunter would bring so much to the team. Definitely no to Aquaman.....for now at least.

I also agree with cutting out Injustice League from the JL movie script. Having the Appelexians/Hyperclan would be the way to go with Darkseid.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #78
TheWatcher
Dapper

Introduce MM and Aquaman in the sequel. Both would cause paranoia because they are of "other worlds" and neither are exactly as friendly or welcoming as Superman.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #79
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Use Aquaman because I want Aquaman.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #80
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Yep. Having Supes and Batman in the same film would even be enough to generate big time interest.

I also prefer a smaller JL team as well in this first JL film. Avengers had waaaay too many unecessary characters and that hurt the overall story and was a turn off.

Supes, Bats, WW, GL and Flash is perfect. However, I think adding Martian Manhunter would bring so much to the team. Definitely no to Aquaman.....for now at least.

I also agree with cutting out Injustice League from the JL movie script. Having the Appelexians/Hyperclan would be the way to go with Darkseid.
Not to take things too off topic, but which characters were unnecessary in Avengers? Black Widow earned her place on the team after her involvement with IM2's story. Hawkeye was handled poorly but is a natural choice to include in BW is in. Then the only other major good guys were Fury who was VERY necessary, Coulson who was just about as necessary, and Hill who is a big name for fans and Fury's right hand so she deserved her place as well. Then there's only Loki and the scientist who had any real prominence but both had significant roles in the plot. So I don't see where your complaint is coming from.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand, I used to be one of those people who insisted on the original seven and would not have it any other way. But after some time, I've come to support the five character lineup instead with the trinity + GL and Flash. This story, as we all have been saying from the beginning, will be responsible for introducing Wondy and Flash to the GA, but even more than that it needs to give them a reason to care about them and want to come back to see a solo movie down the road. So, they'll need as much screen time as they can muster.

Throwing in Martian Manhunter would make the breathing room tighter for introducing characters and giving them worth. If they save him for a sequel, they can even make the story center around him and have White Martians as villains. But if they must have him in the first movie, he shouldn't be an active, fighting member of the team.

I had an idea a little while back about how they could handle that very idea. Introduce an Agent/Detective Jones who works under the government as a trusted operative on higher level cases. When the Earth is threatened by whatever poses the threat for the movie, he is assigned to keep tabs on the Justice League as they do their thing and becomes their liaison with the government. Towards the end of the movie, we get teased at him having special abilities and we see his eyes glow red or something. Then he makes appearances in the solo movies similar to Coulson in MCU and in the last solo before JL2, he is revealed to be an alien and the White Martians are teased.

But for now, the JL will do alright without him or Fishstick.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #81
Heat Vision
Banned User

Having read the issues, I don't think the story is good enough. There certainly are much better stories to use as source material.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #82
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It's only an adaptation. It will be adapted, not translated, that would be silly. I expect to see some Rock of Ages, Final Crisis, Superman/Batman: Supergirl and JL New 52.

The main plot events will just be based around those issues.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #83
shauner111
Side-Kick

Please no Aquaman. Do what u want with a potential sequel but keep the first movie at a minimum when it comes to the lineup.

I also think a mix of different JL stories would be best. They can take elements from those rumored issues, but add in a few more. They should gather the best of the best.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's only an adaptation. It will be adapted, not translated, that would be silly. I expect to see some Rock of Ages, Final Crisis, Superman/Batman: Supergirl and JL New 52.

The main plot events will just be based around those issues.
True. Even with "Superman/Batman: Supergirl" you see similarities to this story ie. once on Apokolips the team splits up, which gives opportunities to show each member's particular strengths/skills. So WW had an action scene fighting the Furies and Batman looked for a way to outsmart Darkseid.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #85
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
i've always thought that the multiverse would be a great way for the dc heroes to come together. it'd be great if instead of earth 2/earth 1, each hero exists in their own universe, and they are brought to new genesis by orion or metron to help them stop darkseid, but then he turns his sights on earth.
Yeah, no. Please God no!

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #86
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
True. Even with "Superman/Batman: Supergirl" you see similarities to this story ie. once on Apokolips the team splits up, which gives opportunities to show each member's particular strengths/skills. So WW had an action scene fighting the Furies and Batman looked for a way to outsmart Darkseid.
Those are some elements that would work very well in my opinion. I'd also like to see them add a sub-plot as one of the characters origins similar to what New Frontier did with GL and MM.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #87
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I just read the issues that this film is supposedly based and they were pretty good too. I know it won't be a straight up adaptation if it is based in that story which is a good thing. I take it if the film does end up getting made they'll release the issues as a graphic novel. The ending was the part if the story I was let down most by as it seemed a rush job but still a good baseline for a story.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #88
Project862006
Banned User

been thinking about this but i want jl to be very different from avengers no alien invasion heroes unite,etc is just very cliche i would love a more darker take maybe someone knows their true identity like maybe someone like lex he is the type of guy who would love to expose heroes with god like powers to the general population and is framing them and setting them up for crimes(or maybe someone else who knows lol) making it some fantastical crime drama,thriller with some big action of course something in the vain of watchmen some mystery and detective work by batman,etc.

and would fit the more realism tone of man of steel or even nolan's bat films

thoughts?

Last edited by Project862006; 12-31-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #89
shauner111
Side-Kick

i would prefer that too but it looks like we might be getting more aliens. As long as it's not just a "Darkseid and his army invade earth, the Justice League have to come together to stop them". We saw that simple plot in Avengers. We don't need to see it again. If it's a multi-verse coming together in some way, to go into another planet or something..that's more creative.

I'm 50/50 on this whole project now because it could be really amazing and i prefer to see these characters team-up more than anything else but they could easily screw this up.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #90
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
been thinking about this but i want jl to be very different from avengers no alien invasion heroes unite,etc is just very cliche i would love a more darker take maybe someone knows their true identity like maybe someone like lex he is the type of guy who would love to expose heroes with god like powers to the general population and is framing them and setting them up for crimes(or maybe someone else who knows lol) making it some fantastical crime drama,thriller with some big action of course something in the vain of watchmen some mystery and detective work by batman,etc.

thoughts?
Basically, this would be Justice League: Mortal.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #91
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

thoughts?
I think dark and mature like Watchmen is seen as too much of a risk, esp. trying to compete with Avengers. They want to make have a big impact with something hugely commercial.

I think if JL is a hit then it is a sequel that could be dark and mature, exploring more complex themes. Maybe when everything is more established with the solo heroes then they can start take more risks, and make things more interconnected. And even start exploring the multiverse etc.

But it would be great to see Batman do that kind of stuff. I really want to see more of that in Batman's solo movies too.

When the heroes are more established (solo and JL movies) then maybe a JL: Mortal kind of plot could have a lot of impact i.e. testing the heroes' relationships, involving Lex Luthor etc.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #92
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'm still in the camp that Justice League: Mortal, with some minor tweaks, would work better as an origin storyline for the Justice League than any Darkseid story. Especially if they want to include the Nolan Batman and Snyder Superman.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #93
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

But they don't intend to include Nolan's Batman.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #94
TheWatcher
Dapper

Probably not, but who knows? DC never ceases to surprise.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #95
Zionite1
Side-Kick

So after thinking about it more I can see some further problems with having the movie set on another planet-
1.cant see how Batman can function that effectively in that environment
2.Stakes not as high or as personal if takes place offworld.

The easy answer is to set it on earth but that would take way the uniqueness of the storys setting as well as make it more similiar to the avengers.

The Challlenge therefore is to set it on Earth yet make it as unique and fantastical as it was when set on NewGenesis.
The only way this can be accomplished is setting the story in a Futuristic Earth.In otherwords have Future Earth replace New genesis role in the story.

Having the story take place in the Future will differentiate from the avengers and allow it to be set on Earth.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #96
Tyrone Parker
The real black Spiderman

I think the Legends mini series would be better to base the movie off of. It could take place on earth and it can be tied to Darkseid without actually having him show up in the first movie.

It would be a really interesting story having the citizens turning against the heroes with Darkseid plotting everything.

Tyrone Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #97
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
So after thinking about it more I can see some further problems with having the movie set on another planet-
1.cant see how Batman can function that effectively in that environment
2.Stakes not as high or as personal if takes place offworld.

The easy answer is to set it on earth but that would take way the uniqueness of the storys setting as well as make it more similiar to the avengers.

The Challlenge therefore is to set it on Earth yet make it as unique and fantastical as it was when set on NewGenesis.
The only way this can be accomplished is setting the story in a Futuristic Earth.In otherwords have Future Earth replace New genesis role in the story.

Having the story take place in the Future will differentiate from the avengers and allow it to be set on Earth.
I don't think the world is too small for two superhero team up movies set in the present day.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-07-2013 at 04:36 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #98
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't think the world is too small for two superhero team up movies set in the present day.
never said it was.I was commenting on the rumoured JL movie storyline.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #99
Zionite1
Side-Kick

So I was wondering I mean how will the JL being summoned from Earth to New genesis be handled?Ben racking my brain on that one.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #100
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Vision View Post
Having read the issues, I don't think the story is good enough. There certainly are much better stories to use as source material.
It's only source material it's not an exact adaptation of the book. Much like Batman Begins wasn't a straight up adaptation of Batman Year One, its just something to base from. What's not to say that JL hasn't taken concepts and ideas from other Darkseid stories?

Quote:
So I was wondering I mean how will the JL being summoned from Earth to New genesis be handled?Ben racking my brain on that one.
Boom tubes? Maybe Orion or someone comes to Earth and gathers up the worlds greatest hero.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote