The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Holiday
'Bout that action

Default Cheapest phone plans?

So I need a new phone plan asap as my father is dropping At&t due to the cost. I was hoping some of you fellow hypesters might have some suggestions. I'll be paying for this myself so I'm looking for the the cheapest plan possible. I rarely text(usually 20-30 a week, tops) and talk maybe 30 minutes a week at most so yeah, I don't need much.I'd like to keep the phone I have now (Samsung Rugby II) but I'd buy another if I need to.

Thanks for any help!

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Cheapest phone plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
So I need a new phone plan asap as my father is dropping At&t due to the cost. I was hoping some of you fellow hypesters might have some suggestions. I'll be paying for this myself so I'm looking for the the cheapest plan possible. I rarely text(usually 20-30 a week, tops) and talk maybe 30 minutes a week at most so yeah, I don't need much.I'd like to keep the phone I have now (Samsung Rugby II) but I'd buy another if I need to.

Thanks for any help!

Well, no contract is the way to go then.

I use Virgin Mobile...$35 a month for 300 minutes and unlimited data, web, and text. However, Virgin Mobile (and Boost Mobile) use the Sprint Nationwide Network, so...I only give Virgin a 3/5 stars. I'm happy enough...um, I would check out T-Mobile and Straight talk. Virgin does however have some good deals for no contract Androids, but again, the Sprint network brings it down (cause Virgin and Boost are basically the no-contract/pre-paid division of Sprint)

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I don't know if it's cheapest, but Straight Talk has a nice plan $45 for Unlimited Talk and Text, but even though they say Unlimited Data it really has a cap of 2GB. You can also buy a compatible (AT&T or T-Mobile) SIM for your phone so you don't have to unlock it.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I don't know if it's cheapest, but Straight Talk has a nice plan $45 for Unlimited Talk and Text, but even though they say Unlimited Data it really has a cap of 2GB. You can also buy a compatible (AT&T or T-Mobile) SIM for your phone so you don't have to unlock it.

My Kyocera Rise from Virgin came with a 2GB ''warning'' limit, and when I checked the box to set up a data limit...the limit set to 5GB...so...I guess Virgin Mobile isn't unlimited?

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm not sure about Virign Mobile, but I do hold the belief that prepaid unlimited plans are unlimited except for data which has hidden caps.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #6
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Tracfone

- no contract

-20 dollars every few months to add 60 minutes or you can buy the other cards and pay a year from now

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Slushy
The Man

T-Mobile. I pay about $50 (although I admit I saved $7 due to a discount for the restaurant I work at) for unlimited texting, 500 daytime minutes, insurance, and internet use.

The other major phone companies that abuse their customers on their overpriced plans can fu** off!

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

It seems every carrier has a Pay-Go, no contract plan nowadays, so I'd look into it. Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T have them as well. I would look into what the most popular is in the area where you live, and go with that.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Holiday
'Bout that action

I'm looking at Tracfone right now that Samurai mentioned. $10 for a phone, $20 for 60 minutes. Like I said, I hardly text plus I have internet here at home and work even so I don't need much. Some of these options are too much for my me.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I'm looking at Tracfone right now that Samurai mentioned. $10 for a phone, $20 for 60 minutes. Like I said, I hardly text plus I have internet here at home and work even so I don't need much. Some of these options are too much for my me.
The cheapest is 14 dollars but yeah it's really cheap.

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purc...ACFONE&lang=en

If you put alot of minutes in, (enough to last you a year) before you need to add more to stay activated you don't have to pay for a year.

I found Target has more options in phones but they don't do the activation for you

I went to Walmart . They did it for me. Walmart didn't have alot of phones to choose from.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Holiday
'Bout that action

This is the one I was talking about:

http://www.tracfone.com/phone_detail...amsung%20T105G

I picked it up today. It has double minutes for life every time I add them.It's an okay little phone so far, I think it'll fit my needs just fine.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Now, my mom just has her phone for relatives and work so she needs very few minutes. She pays $10 every three months and it rolls over unused minutes. That's with T-Mobile.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote