Dark Knight Rises 61 81.33%
Spider-Man 3 8 10.67%
Superman Returns 1 1.33%
Batman Forever 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #26
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Rank the 3rd CBM's in a franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I liked Blade Trinity, but its a joke compared to the first two.
That can be said with Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Superman III(or Superman Returns) and Batman Forever with being a joke compared to Spider-Man 1 + 2, X-Men 1 + 2, Superman I and II, Batman '89 and Batman Returns.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #27
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That can be said with Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Superman III(or Superman Returns) and Batman Forever with being a joke compared to Spider-Man 1 + 2, X-Men 1 + 2, Superman I and II, Batman '89 and Batman Returns.
Personally I'd go so far as to say it's true for every movie in the poll.

James is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah lol. Its not hard to pick the best. Or in other words, the only good one.

anyway,

TDKR (8)
Blade Trinity (6)
Spider-Man 3 (5)
X-Men 3 (5)
Batman Forever (4)
Superman 3 (3)

Just can't wait for IM3, ASM3, Thor 3, Cap 3, Avengers 3

Perhaps the curse has indeed been lifted...

Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #29
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Well and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Personally I'd go so far as to say it's true for every movie in the poll.
Yup

Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #30
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Personally, sure.

Realistically, no. TDKR at least made better rating scores than BB and no one can say that about any other third installment on this poll with having higher scores than any of their respective previous films in their franchises.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #31
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Batman Begins is the best of TDK trilogy.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #32
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I certainly rate Begins higher than TDKR. But not TDK.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I find TDK to be the most rewatchable.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
grout
Side-Kick

I think BB is the most underrated in the trilogy imo

grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
Anno_Domini
Banned User

That's awesome guys, but my point still stands.

Personally, I find TDKR to be the best of the trilogy, but realistically I know that mindset isn't with the majority as much as TDKR being the worst of the trilogy isn't the majority as well.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #36
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

I forgot about Blade Trinity: [*]

Squaremaster316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Easily The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked Spiderman 3 as well to me its still a good movie, though the worst of that trilogy. Batman Forever and Superman 3 werent too bad, but not very good.

The rest are a joke, especially X3 which is the worst of the lot for me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #38
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Personally, sure.

Realistically, no. TDKR at least made better rating scores than BB and no one can say that about any other third installment on this poll with having higher scores than any of their respective previous films in their franchises.
Who's talking about ratings?

Doc Ock said Blade III was a joke compared to the first two (personal opinion) then you agreed and also added that all of the other entries on the poll bar TDKR were a joke compared to their previous films as well (also personal opinion). I too then agreed, and added TDKR to that list (as you so aptly pointed out, personal opinion). You see a trend here? We're all offering personal opinion, nothing more.

Now you're talking about "rating scores" out of the blue, even going so far as to say that your "point still stands" when several other posters said they preferred the previous Batman films to TDKR. What point? That somehow the magical "rating scores" counter everyone's personal opinion? The ratings don't mean anything, the ratings can't vote in this poll and the ratings can't have a discussion in this thread. All that counts here, all that ever counted since the first post, was personal opinion.

If you want to talk realism, it's not like the people who don't like TDKR don't know it's a popular movie.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #39
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

TDKR by miles.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #40
soundofyousick
Banned User

1. TDKR - in it's own way, just as good as the first two. The villans are as fully realised as the previous efforts, and the mix of DKR and KF is a very welcome storyline(haven't read NML).

2. Spider-man 3 - a bit wonky sometimes, but the action is still up there with the best superpowered flicks(on a par with Avengers imo, esp the Pete/Harry fight).

3. Batman Forever - a very good Batman and Robin film, Kilmer and O'Donnel mesh very well together, with some ideas from the comics well integrated into the script. Two-Face could have been far better realised, but he does have his moments.

4. X-Men 3 - Ratner did well under the conditions he was given, time and actors available, but this still feels like 2/3 of a movie. Mind you, it could have been much worse.

5. Superman III - once you get past the depressing fact we only got two Chris Reeve classics, this can be very enjoyable to watch, by way of the curiosity value. In a way, I am very glad that we have this weird time capsule of a film, ie dated as soon as it was made due to it's reliance on the new fad of the public's interest in, and naivety about the power of, computers, along with Richard Pryor's co-lead. It is a bizarre f*** up of slapstick superheroics(albiet with some sound sober dramatic scenes here and there), wouldn't you have wanted to travel to a paralell universe to go see this flick if you had read about it being proposed as is, if it had never been made? (like the Burton Superman?)

6. Blade Trinity - It is not as bad as folk say, it has some good action, but the second Blade flick was not that great either imo, too claustrophobic by staying in the vamp world, at least this one has Blader interacting with the world at large again. It is a real shame they did not stick with the 'cops after Blade' plot throughout the film.

7. Superman Returns - Well made, but kind of depressing to watch, due to it being an echo of the past glories of much more enjoyable films.

8. Robocop 3 - the only bit i like about this film is when Robo shows up at the end on the jet-pack, that is a great punch the air moment.

Last edited by soundofyousick; 01-09-2013 at 09:36 AM.
soundofyousick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Who's talking about ratings?

Doc Ock said Blade III was a joke compared to the first two (personal opinion) then you agreed and also added that all of the other entries on the poll bar TDKR were a joke compared to their previous films as well (also personal opinion). I too then agreed, and added TDKR to that list (as you so aptly pointed out, personal opinion). You see a trend here? We're all offering personal opinion, nothing more.

Now you're talking about "rating scores" out of the blue, even going so far as to say that your "point still stands" when several other posters said they preferred the previous Batman films to TDKR. What point? That somehow the magical "rating scores" counter everyone's personal opinion? The ratings don't mean anything, the ratings can't vote in this poll and the ratings can't have a discussion in this thread. All that counts here, all that ever counted since the first post, was personal opinion.

If you want to talk realism, it's not like the people who don't like TDKR don't know it's a popular movie.
Hence why I said personally and realistically at two different points. One can still say they personally feel all 3rd CBMs are worse, and as I said, that's fine, but when looking at ratings given by the general audience or critics or even the majority of CB fans, TDKR is definitely the best 3rd CBM and not every one lists TDKR as the worst of the trilogy as with Blade, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #42
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Hence why I said personally and realistically at two different points. One can still say they personally feel all 3rd CBMs are worse, and as I said, that's fine, but when looking at ratings given by the general audience or critics or even the majority of CB fans, TDKR is definitely the best 3rd CBM and not every one lists TDKR as the worst of the trilogy as with Blade, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.
Yeah, I appreciate that. What I'm asking is, in the context of this conversation, why even bring the ratings up at all? We're all discussing personal opinion, everyone is well aware of how popular TDKR is whether they like the movie or not. The only reason I can see why anyone would include general ratings into a conversation consisting purely of personal opinion is to say "Hey guys, even though you don't like it, millions of other people do", which is pointless. If your point was something else I'd love to be enlightened otherwise. This is why I'm asking, what's your point?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #43
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Why not bring up the ratings? Just stating how realistically, one has to know that TDKR is the only on this poll that doesn't have the majority thinking it's worse than the previous two films of their respective franchises as is with the other threequels.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #44
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

The Dark Knight Rises is, to date, the only truly third film in a superhero saga and rounds out the first great superhero trilogy.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #45
Number 6
Be seeing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Read the OP's sig
Haha, yeah. Man, these people

But anyway, I think TDKR is a clear winner for me like most others. Not all of those third movies are the disasters a lot of people try to make them out to be, but none of them are particularly good, either. TDKR is pretty good.

Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #46
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
The Dark Knight Rises is, to date, the only truly third film in a superhero saga and rounds out the first great superhero trilogy.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Why not bring up the ratings? Just stating how realistically, one has to know that TDKR is the only on this poll that doesn't have the majority thinking it's worse than the previous two films of their respective franchises as is with the other threequels.
Because as I've already said, everybody is already well aware of this. It's like having a conversation about the weather and then randomly remarking about how the sky is blue. There's no good reason to bring it up at all.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #47
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So you could also say there's no reason to continue to talk about why I brought something up as well. It happened, so let it pass. Plus, I don't have anything else to say anymore. Don't know what you want from me man, lol.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #48
James
Built from Lego

Fair enough dude. I'll leave it a mystery, no sense in repeating ourselves over and over. All good

Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #49
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforgotten View Post
kinda shocked sm3 has any votes. Though the landslide was obvious.
+ 1

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #50
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Left out an adjective: great.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote