The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #101
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Fox seems to want to try to keep the same X-men series going In some form for as long as possibly.
and Im sooo happy with it.

They have two amazing casts now. they can go as far as they want with them.

the day some actors want to leave, they can add new characters so there wont be the need to reboot yet.

I clearly see this franchise working 10 more years, until 2023 or so. it feels soo exciting, at least to me.

This franchise is far from over

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #102
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

I don't see it happening. As soon as Jackman retires, and the First Class contracts expire, I wouldn't be surprised if Fox reboots.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #103
Angamb
Banned User

Jackman is not the center of the world.

There is much more life in this franchise beyond Wolverine

Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #104
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think it could go either way. Although I agree there is more to it to Wolverine, once allot of characters retire, they may reboot under Marvel.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #105
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Fox Is never going to just turn over X-men to Marvel.Fox Is perfectly capable of rebooting themselves.

The fact that First Class was lowest domestic and total worldwide In series shows why
They are relcuent to go without Wolverine In X-men films.If Wolverine In DOFP Is time
traveler you have reason why.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #106
Angamb
Banned User

There will be one day where an x-men movie wont have Wolverine and it will still do more money than X3.

Dont know when that day will be, but that day Ill be one of the most happy x-men fans of the whole world.

This sequel will be biggest x-men movie to date, but I just would love to see how much will do the next one

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #107
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

And If you want another mostly Wolverine less X film after DOFP you better hope they don't do as some advocated and use time travel to wi[e out all other X-Men films save for First Class and past part of DOFP,or hope they don't reboot anytime soon.Otherwise you will always have wolverine In It.

Considering The Avengers was mostly based on Ultimates a marvel reboot would most likely eb based off Ultimate X-men.Which as we know marvel studios has obsession with Ignoring 616 for ultimate.And there will be another actor as wolverine eventully.So people are deluding themselves that a reboot wouldn't have wolverine.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #108
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Fox Is never going to just turn over X-men to Marvel.Fox Is perfectly capable of rebooting themselves.
FOX is currently rebooting Fantastic Four so for them to reboot X-Men is not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
There will be one day where an x-men movie wont have Wolverine and it will still do more money than X3.
The price inflation would help but I don't think its impossible especially without Wolverine - the most iconic character of the X-Men universe.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #109
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think it could go either way. Although I agree there is more to it to Wolverine, once allot of characters retire, they may reboot under Marvel.
I doubt that. They'll either recast Wolverine and move on (as Marvel will have to do with Iron Man), or they'll continue the films without the character (in the short term at least), they could introduce his comic-book son Daken as the new Wolverine, or they will introduce and establish a new central action hero hunk like Cable to take his place.

If they are rebooting Fantastic Four, and almost rebooted Daredevil, then they could easily reboot any or all of X-Men.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #110
merbass
Side-Kick

Fantastic Four was not very good to begin with.

X-men is good and they have found a way to semi reboot the franchise.

When Hugh is too old to play wolverine then we can see other characters shine again !

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #111
Angamb
Banned User

hopefully the third part of the First Class series is the very first movie without Wolverine.

We all know Magneto, Xavier and Mystique are gonna shine, but I just hope Fox and the director let a few other characters shine a bit more by then, specially the actual x-men.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #112
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

A lot will depend what Is the post DOFP plans.

We will probally get a third film with DOFP cast but are they planning another film with original cast?will there be another wolverine solo film?Could original trilogy actors show up In spinoff films like new mutants or X-Force or possablty even Deadpool.

for the Avengers sequel Inless DIsney Is prepared to throw small fotune at Robert DOwney JR they may have to recast Tony Stark.Marvel studios has shown they are perfectly willing to recast.Iron Man 3 may be Downey's last film as stark.The Idea of Iron man 3 being more stand alone Iron man film adds fuel to possibilty of recasting for Avengers sequel.I am sure fox would be willing to do same with Wolverine.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #113
Snikt
Side-Kick

Honestly, as long as Hugh Jackman is up for it, I can see him continue playing Wolverine until he's in his early fifties.

And I must admit that it's nice FOX hasn't completely rebooted the franchise. Spidey's already been rebooted, Hulk's been rebooted, Fantastic Four's being rebooted, GR 2 was called a reboot/re-quel , Batman, Superman and finally Daredevil.

X-Men is the longest running franchise which is more or less has been one continuous franchise/universe .

It's also crazy that Hugh Jackman will hold the record for one actor portraying the same comic character for seven films. Who's after him? Patrick Stewart with soon to be five and Christopher Reeve with four?

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #114
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
It's also crazy that Hugh Jackman will hold the record for one actor portraying the same comic character for seven films. Who's after him? Patrick Stewart with soon to be five and Christopher Reeve with four?
Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury (5 soon to be more)
Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon (4)
Michael Gough as Alfred (4)

Just adding those on.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #115
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Going up to 2015 add these

Ian Mckellan(4)
Robert Downey JR(5)
Gwyenth Paltrow(4)
Samuel L jackson(7)
Scarlett Johansson(4)
Chris Hemsworth(4)
Chris Evans(4)

Plus et's not forget
Marc Mcclure(5)
Margot Kidder and jackie Cooper(4)

Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #116
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
A lot will depend what Is the post DOFP plans.

We will probally get a third film with DOFP cast but are they planning another film with original cast?will there be another wolverine solo film?Could original trilogy actors show up In spinoff films like new mutants or X-Force or possablty even Deadpool.
If DOFP underperformed. I think FOX would really consider doing a X-Men 4 movie. I don't think they are gonna go ahead in making another prequel or spinoff or just a movie that is not featuring the original cast.

If DOFP performed very well at the box-office. It could lead to another Wolverine movie, to another X-Men movie with the original cast, to another movie with the First Class cast and to another spin-off movie.

But in my opinion whether DOFP is success or not, I think after DOFP, they should just focus on 1 movie series/1 timeline like before with X1 to X3.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #117
Angamb
Banned User

this is my early prediction:

The Wolverine - $500m ww
DOFP - $600m ww

I really see Dofp doing more, but Ill play a lower card for now

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #118
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
this is my early prediction:

The Wolverine - $500m ww
DOFP - $600m ww

I really see Dofp doing more, but Ill play a lower card for now
WOW!! Pure optomist huh . I can see DOFP doing $600 million WW. But I see The Wolverine doing between $350 and $400 million WW. I can see it doing numbers close to XMO: Wolverine, but performing much better critically.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #119
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If the Wolverine Is liked by people more than Origins It could do better than Origins.
Don't forget It has 3-d to help boost box office and It has Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
I would not be shocked by 400 Million worldwide for the Wolverine(200 Million Domesticly
and 200 Million Internationally)

Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #120
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
WOW!! Pure optomist huh . I can see DOFP doing $600 million WW. But I see The Wolverine doing between $350 and $400 million WW. I can see it doing numbers close to XMO: Wolverine, but performing much better critically.
well, honestly Id preffer The Wolverine to do just $350, lol, but I guess that after 2009, and with tickets price today more the 3D version, this movie will do much more than that.

I just hope it doesnt end as big as Ironman or X3

Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #121
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You really want the Wolverine to do 150 Million Domesticly and 200 Million overseas?You do realize that would e bad sign for francise especilly with Days of future past
coming out a year later and some(Including the antifox people on this board) would say It sign of demise of X-Men franchise.

If The Wolverine hit 150 Domesticly but Iron man 3 does 300 Million and Thor:The Dark WOrld hit 200 Million some users Including Youngprime will be back to boost on demise of
X-Men films.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #122
Angamb
Banned User

The wolverine is one thing and Days of future is another.

even if TW makes 350 or 400, that doesnt mean DOFP will make just a bit more.

We really dont know the impact DOFP will have, maybe the money difference between TW and DOFP is much bigger than some users seem to expect.

the difference between the Ironman movies and The avengers was abysmal, so a similar contrast could happen with the X-men franchise.

Only time will tell, as always.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #123
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The Avengers was bound to hit at least 300 Million domesticly due to Robert Downey JR as Tony Start.Now you had the added fact of seein Downey with Cap,Thor,and Hulk.The WOlverine doing less than Origins would be bad sign.I don't think that will happen.Without 3-d Hugh Jackman was able to get origins to 179 million domesticly and 193 Million
overseas(This Is without adjusting for Infliration) and sorry Deadpool fans they were going to orgins to see hugh as Wolverine.

What Days of future past has going for It as event

1:Bryan SInger's return to director chair.The only one who has directed more than 1 film.
The director who started series,directed what some think was best X-men film(X2) and who revived the genre with X-Men after Batman & Robin fiasco
2:Based on one of top X-Men storylines ever.
3:It's the X-Men meets Terminator as mark Millar has called It(and post apocalypic future with killer robots and time travel to change past predates The first Terminator)
4:It has cast of both X-Men trilogy and First Class(although any contact between 2
casts we don't know about yet)
5:We get Sentinles onscreen(and not just head like In Danger room scene In Last Stand)

Old 01-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #124
Angamb
Banned User

about your first point about XO Wolverine, it wasnt just a Wolverine movie, some fans really avoid the reality, it was a Wolverine movie with some XMEN on it, even if they were new actors. Having loooooooooooong awaited Gambit, Deadpool, young Cyclops and Emma on it isnt a poor factor. Some fans try hard to deffend that, but Fox even called the movie 'XMEN Origins: Wolverine" and they made sure the marketing promote these x-men, more Deadpool, who curiously was played by a known actor like Ryan Reinolds.

It wasnt just a Hugh Jackman movie, but if you want to put all the merit on him, ok, thats your vission, and it wont change, so fine.

about your last point about DOFP strong factors, totally agree. This is a big movie for Fox and many fans will be surprised with its worlwide impact. as Ive said, only time will tell. This will do much much more than X3, we can be sure about it.

I just cant wait for July 2014 to see the very first results

Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #125
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The X-Men orgigins part may have helped on opening weekend but trailers mostly downplayed Young Cyclops.And If you think the really bad Deadpool and turncated Emma caused the success of that film you are really ignoring the fact that Hugh as WOlverine and his origin Is what sold the film.

If an X-Men film can outgross Last Stand this Is best shot at It.