The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
xisaacx
trademarks us miserable

Default Manga

What are some of you reading? What appeals to you guys as far as the manga you read? Like what types of stories?

I loved beserk, deathnote and one piece.

I havent gotten into naruto, or anything else. Fill me in.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Manga

I read Naruto, Bleach and Magi weekly, once i catch up with One Piece Toriko i'll do the same thing with them. I enjoy shonen but i'm interested in trying some seinen like Vagabond and Berserk. I ocasionally try to read some of the new shonen jump series but most of them get cancelled in the first 10-20 chapters.

Waiting for Hunter X Hunter to come back from this hiatus so that i can follow it too

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
fs-exclue
Banned User

I havent gotten into naruto, or anything else. Fill me in.

fs-exclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Lord
All Mighty

It really depends on what you're looking for, there are many action series, some geared towards strategy, others that are more straightforward with the action. If you want a slice of life type of manga there are also plenty.

If you don't like Naruto, you're free to try a plenty of other types. If you like when a story creates its oun intricate world like Harry Potter, star wars and Lord of the Rings, then you'll be in heaven with mangas. The likes of Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter and One Piece have great world building and a battle system of its oun with a distinct and expansive mythology.

Naruto has a lot of these elements, but around the 2nd half you'll notice a drop in quality, unless you don't mind major power inflations taking over the story.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Fading
>:(

My weekly manga's are One Piece, Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Rosario + Vampire season 2 (it's really more monthly). Detective Conan, and HunterXHunter have place holders on that list. I've fallen far behind on Detective Conan, I still like it, but just haven't been following it strictly in about a year. I'll read an issue every so once and awhile. HunterXHunter, well it's HXH, yay for year + long hiatuses.

One Piece, and Kenichi are the main ones I look forward too. Bleach, and Naruto go back and forth. They both start to drag, then start a new exciting part, then start to drag again.

Rosario + Vampire's a surprise as after I finished the anime, and started the manga I expected something much more light hearted. The manga is far superior to the short anime series, and takes the action up several notches. It's also probably the best drawn weekly manga I currently read.