The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #326
carnageehw
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Because it doesn't serve a purpose other than fueling the flames of anger to those who are uttering death threats to creators and behaving irrationally due to a "story".
I'm sorry, but I"m not going to not be angry because some idiots out there issue death threats.

Quote:
This is not the first time in fiction where we have seen the villain take over the mind (or even impersonate) of the hero... and nobody ever brought up rape.
That's doesn't not make it an issue. But were those stories anything like this? Where a prolonged live in relationship actually happens.

Quote:
This is a story. A story that has been told before in various forms.

The ONLY makes the angry fans even angrier.

And when dealing with angry fans, the "logic" never seems to manifest itself.
There is simply no logic in ignoring the issue. You should be angry reading a book where a main character is tricked into having sex. There's no place for that.
Again, I'm not totally up to date on Peter's relationship situation, but for example: If in the comic books Peter (really Ock) and Mary Jane are out on a date, holding hands and kissing etc. They sleep in the same bed and this goes on for a long length of time, how on earth can you look at that knowing it's not Peter Parker and NOT be deeply disturbed?

A woman is having sexual relations with someone she thinks is her boyfriend....but it's not. That crosses a very big line, and something that would easily ruin the book and the characters.

carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #327
carnageehw
Side-Kick

I should point out that I actually like the idea of Ock becoming Spider-man for a little while. There's some good possibilities. But this is not a story you can tell with Spider-man in a relationship, unless Spider-Ock ditches the girlfriend.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #328
carnageehw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, I'm not a fan of "rape", nor would I support it... as of right now, it's a non-issue... but at some point, SpOck will have sex with someone... anyone... and these people will think it's Peter Parker... so will the world always cry "RAPE" when this happens?

I'd rather just not "fuel the fire"...

I should also, also point out that is SpOck met and started a relationship with someone new, that's a little different than SpOck taking over a relationship with Peters previous girlfriend.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #329
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

But the "new" character would still think she's having sex with Peter Parker... so how would that differ than MJ, or the Black Cat, or Carlie Cooper (assuming they went that far)?

I think I can handle this type of questions... especially with the civility involved thus far... but I cringe the next time I pop around...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #330
carnageehw
Side-Kick

Quote:
But the "new" character would still think she's having sex with Peter Parker... so how would that differ than MJ, or the Black Cat, or Carlie Cooper (assuming they went that far)?
If it's a new girl Peter has never met before, I think it's a little more analogous to a situation where I go to a bar, and tell a girl I'm a rich doctor who flies to exotic locations every weekend. It's a lie, but there's a little more responsibility put on the person to not just jump into bed with a stranger they just met.

But that doesn't exist when the girl is already in a relationship with Peter. They've gotten past that "Let's get to know and trust each other" stage.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #331
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

As it currently stands, Peter is NOT in a relationship with anyone...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #332
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Cuz that motherf****r's dead as disco.

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #333
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

lol, you beat me too it.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #334
Miken Ayers
Side-Kick

All I'm gonna say on the rape issue is that if a girl's at a party for instance, goes into a dark room expecting to sleep with a specific person, but any person or persons involved knowingly deceives her as to their identity, then if an intercourse does occur all parties in on the deception will be brought up on felony charges.

I know brain swaps don't happen in the real world, but sex through identity deception is recognized as rape.

Miken Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #335
carnageehw
Side-Kick

Quote:
As it currently stands, Peter is NOT in a relationship with anyone...
That's good then. Here's hoping they keep it that way with all his ex's.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #336
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miken Ayers View Post
All I'm gonna say on the rape issue is that if a girl's at a party for instance, goes into a dark room expecting to sleep with a specific person, but any person or persons involved knowingly deceives her as to their identity, then if an intercourse does occur all parties in on the deception will be brought up on felony charges.

I know brain swaps don't happen in the real world, but sex through identity deception is recognized as rape.
Someone should let Marvel know, because Wacker's views on the subject are disturbing.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote