The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #701
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Not that I believe that rumour, but there's no way he WOULDN'T consult Edgar Wright. Marvel are monitoring ALL films for continuity.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #702
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,298
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
^^ not sure how to put the actual video in here haha

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Here you go.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #703
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Hi I am obviously new here, but isn't it easy to tell if LokiD has a source or not? I read a few of his posts about the Avengers back when speculation was running rampant, and the vast majority of what he wrote was wrong. For example:

"I did a lot of digging on other boards, reading interviews and trying to piece things together over the last year or so and in the most plausible scenario, it would seem we're in for at least one intense battle against the mind controlled Hulk early in the movie to get him back in line, with Thor being the heavy hitter to neutralize him. Many sites list Loki (or the actor that plays him) as part of the cast, so it has been suggested that he will play into the film possibly interacting with the skull in a more supervisory/evil emperor type situation. However, apart from the rumblings of the skrulls playing an eerie clandestine role, there are also the more realistic sounding rumors that predict the resurgence of Hydra with Baron Zemo and The Red Skull making it to the modern age... possibly in a different way than the comics. Different from just getting frozen in the aircraft carrier."

"They might alter a few things in the mandarin origin for movie purposes but this is the way I see it going:
We'll see them take on a giant DRAGON, or serpent-like leviathan, that Loki summons along with the other gangsters of the 9 realms. However, this thing may be originally from the Midgard realm(perhaps dwelling under Earth's ocean prior to being summoned). It would be an extraordinary battle, and a highlight of the film. Only this thing doesn't follow Loki entirely and escapes to Asia in the middle of the invasion, after Iron Man and Thor force it to flee, where it returns to it's dormant state in some isolated ruins for a few years...

Earlier in filming there were reports of scenes involving giant fireballs above the street. And we know they wanted to use Mandarin in Iron Man 3, so as soon as I heard more about this "Leviathan", and added it to the stuff about giant monsters, magic, gangsters from across the realms, and rumors of aliens it started to make more sense that things could potentially end up this way. It's recognizable enough that it could be one of the rumored small, disparate team of alien invaders. I think they'll have Iron Man chase the thing off though, setting us up for its return alongside the Mandarin in Iron Man 3(I envision War Machine being the one to defeat it). The fact that it's a magical/alien dragon (even if he's from Maklu 4) leftover from Loki's attack will probably be how Mandarin gets his rings, because it may be difficult to make that aspect work well without maybe exposing us to the giant alien dragon while they have the chance.

AND

Edit: If the invaders are mainly Asgardian, as some have suggested, then I really do see the possibility of Fin Fang Foom being called the Midgard serpent in the movies. But maybe the dragon race's planet is one Loki contacts that happens to be in the realm of Midgard(universe, or galaxy or we). I definitely think it's what the crane was used for now."

"I'm thinking it is that Loki gathers forces from a few realms, like a couple posters have already said, after he deceives shield or whoever. Anyone hear about the giant fireball filmed in the sky? I can't find a link that's not CBM...but some of this sounds like magic and then the tech we've seen seems like Kree or Skrull weaponry but could easily be some other realm's technology and magic, tieing into all the talk about chariots, superscience and also giant monsters.

It would make sense that Loki does summon characters or monsters known to the Asgardians. What if Loki works with/manipulates a few other known cosmic characters, and summons some of the monsters from Norse mythology to help them out.
What if one of the giant monsters that was mentioned is Fin Fang Foom, doubling as the Midgard Serpent for film purposes? It's happened in the comics, and he's an alien dragon, and not necessarily mindless (because of their race's abilities and technology). It would be very entertaining seeing Iron Man and Thor try to take that thing on mid-flight. Or hulk battling it somehow. Plus I think they could alter things a little so that it escapes and sets up Mandarin's powers in Iron Man 3. Also might make the other invading characters not trust Loki when Fin Fang Foom turns out to be sentient and carrying powerful gems."

"In all likelihood it's the Midgard Serpent. CBM just gets worked up too fast. It's most fitting and would be easy to work in, and I think the Cap stuff shows they've planned it that way. I'm just thinking ahead and looking at the big picture. They'll probably even call it the Midgard serpent as well as Leviathan. However I wouldn't discount that it could potentially become involved with the Mandarin plot in some way. With Iron Man 3 gearing up I can't help but think they've got something up their sleeve to give us a really faithful and awesome Mandarin story that involves a shape-shifting dragon. And because he's a damn shapeshifter I think something funny could be going on here after the serpent's defeated in Avengers.

If they've got a reveal planned where it's shown to be barely alive, and suddenly starts to speak to someone telepathically(getting around how funny it would be to see the mouth move) that would show us that this is more than the mindless creature we thought we watched the Avengers take down. It retreats to a remote cave system where it's found by that ten rings guy from the first Iron Man. In the post-credits scene or the beginning of Iron Man 3.

If they wanna acquaint Mandarin with an alien dragon then this could be how it all starts since everything is interconnected in this movie universe."

And so on...

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #704
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,988
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

edit: nevermind :/ couldnt get the youtube thing right lol

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #705
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,988
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
^^ not sure how to put the actual video in here haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ-BaDwAMbY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
Hi I am obviously new here, but isn't it easy to tell if LokiD has a source or not? I read a few of his posts about the Avengers back when speculation was running rampant, and the vast majority of what he wrote was wrong. For example:

"I did a lot of digging on other boards, reading interviews and trying to piece things together over the last year or so and in the most plausible scenario, it would seem we're in for at least one intense battle against the mind controlled Hulk early in the movie to get him back in line, with Thor being the heavy hitter to neutralize him. Many sites list Loki (or the actor that plays him) as part of the cast, so it has been suggested that he will play into the film possibly interacting with the skull in a more supervisory/evil emperor type situation. However, apart from the rumblings of the skrulls playing an eerie clandestine role, there are also the more realistic sounding rumors that predict the resurgence of Hydra with Baron Zemo and The Red Skull making it to the modern age... possibly in a different way than the comics. Different from just getting frozen in the aircraft carrier."

"They might alter a few things in the mandarin origin for movie purposes but this is the way I see it going:
We'll see them take on a giant DRAGON, or serpent-like leviathan, that Loki summons along with the other gangsters of the 9 realms. However, this thing may be originally from the Midgard realm(perhaps dwelling under Earth's ocean prior to being summoned). It would be an extraordinary battle, and a highlight of the film. Only this thing doesn't follow Loki entirely and escapes to Asia in the middle of the invasion, after Iron Man and Thor force it to flee, where it returns to it's dormant state in some isolated ruins for a few years...

Earlier in filming there were reports of scenes involving giant fireballs above the street. And we know they wanted to use Mandarin in Iron Man 3, so as soon as I heard more about this "Leviathan", and added it to the stuff about giant monsters, magic, gangsters from across the realms, and rumors of aliens it started to make more sense that things could potentially end up this way. It's recognizable enough that it could be one of the rumored small, disparate team of alien invaders. I think they'll have Iron Man chase the thing off though, setting us up for its return alongside the Mandarin in Iron Man 3(I envision War Machine being the one to defeat it). The fact that it's a magical/alien dragon (even if he's from Maklu 4) leftover from Loki's attack will probably be how Mandarin gets his rings, because it may be difficult to make that aspect work well without maybe exposing us to the giant alien dragon while they have the chance.

AND

Edit: If the invaders are mainly Asgardian, as some have suggested, then I really do see the possibility of Fin Fang Foom being called the Midgard serpent in the movies. But maybe the dragon race's planet is one Loki contacts that happens to be in the realm of Midgard(universe, or galaxy or we). I definitely think it's what the crane was used for now."

"I'm thinking it is that Loki gathers forces from a few realms, like a couple posters have already said, after he deceives shield or whoever. Anyone hear about the giant fireball filmed in the sky? I can't find a link that's not CBM...but some of this sounds like magic and then the tech we've seen seems like Kree or Skrull weaponry but could easily be some other realm's technology and magic, tieing into all the talk about chariots, superscience and also giant monsters.

It would make sense that Loki does summon characters or monsters known to the Asgardians. What if Loki works with/manipulates a few other known cosmic characters, and summons some of the monsters from Norse mythology to help them out.
What if one of the giant monsters that was mentioned is Fin Fang Foom, doubling as the Midgard Serpent for film purposes? It's happened in the comics, and he's an alien dragon, and not necessarily mindless (because of their race's abilities and technology). It would be very entertaining seeing Iron Man and Thor try to take that thing on mid-flight. Or hulk battling it somehow. Plus I think they could alter things a little so that it escapes and sets up Mandarin's powers in Iron Man 3. Also might make the other invading characters not trust Loki when Fin Fang Foom turns out to be sentient and carrying powerful gems."

"In all likelihood it's the Midgard Serpent. CBM just gets worked up too fast. It's most fitting and would be easy to work in, and I think the Cap stuff shows they've planned it that way. I'm just thinking ahead and looking at the big picture. They'll probably even call it the Midgard serpent as well as Leviathan. However I wouldn't discount that it could potentially become involved with the Mandarin plot in some way. With Iron Man 3 gearing up I can't help but think they've got something up their sleeve to give us a really faithful and awesome Mandarin story that involves a shape-shifting dragon. And because he's a damn shapeshifter I think something funny could be going on here after the serpent's defeated in Avengers.

If they've got a reveal planned where it's shown to be barely alive, and suddenly starts to speak to someone telepathically(getting around how funny it would be to see the mouth move) that would show us that this is more than the mindless creature we thought we watched the Avengers take down. It retreats to a remote cave system where it's found by that ten rings guy from the first Iron Man. In the post-credits scene or the beginning of Iron Man 3.

If they wanna acquaint Mandarin with an alien dragon then this could be how it all starts since everything is interconnected in this movie universe."

And so on...

his posts aren't what his source tells him. He gets bits and peices from his sources, regarding CHARACTERS, and then speculates from there, and then throws in a whole bunch of obscure speculation to keep himself from getting in trouble. So even if his source is legit, his longs posts won't be, as that's his intention, to keep himself from hetting in trouble

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #706
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,722
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
Hi I am obviously new here, but isn't it easy to tell if LokiD has a source or not? I read a few of his posts about the Avengers back when speculation was running rampant, and the vast majority of what he wrote was wrong. For example:

"I did a lot of digging on other boards, reading interviews and trying to piece things together over the last year or so and in the most plausible scenario, it would seem we're in for at least one intense battle against the mind controlled Hulk early in the movie to get him back in line, with Thor being the heavy hitter to neutralize him. Many sites list Loki (or the actor that plays him) as part of the cast, so it has been suggested that he will play into the film possibly interacting with the skull in a more supervisory/evil emperor type situation. However, apart from the rumblings of the skrulls playing an eerie clandestine role, there are also the more realistic sounding rumors that predict the resurgence of Hydra with Baron Zemo and The Red Skull making it to the modern age... possibly in a different way than the comics. Different from just getting frozen in the aircraft carrier."

"They might alter a few things in the mandarin origin for movie purposes but this is the way I see it going:
We'll see them take on a giant DRAGON, or serpent-like leviathan, that Loki summons along with the other gangsters of the 9 realms. However, this thing may be originally from the Midgard realm(perhaps dwelling under Earth's ocean prior to being summoned). It would be an extraordinary battle, and a highlight of the film. Only this thing doesn't follow Loki entirely and escapes to Asia in the middle of the invasion, after Iron Man and Thor force it to flee, where it returns to it's dormant state in some isolated ruins for a few years...

Earlier in filming there were reports of scenes involving giant fireballs above the street. And we know they wanted to use Mandarin in Iron Man 3, so as soon as I heard more about this "Leviathan", and added it to the stuff about giant monsters, magic, gangsters from across the realms, and rumors of aliens it started to make more sense that things could potentially end up this way. It's recognizable enough that it could be one of the rumored small, disparate team of alien invaders. I think they'll have Iron Man chase the thing off though, setting us up for its return alongside the Mandarin in Iron Man 3(I envision War Machine being the one to defeat it). The fact that it's a magical/alien dragon (even if he's from Maklu 4) leftover from Loki's attack will probably be how Mandarin gets his rings, because it may be difficult to make that aspect work well without maybe exposing us to the giant alien dragon while they have the chance.

AND

Edit: If the invaders are mainly Asgardian, as some have suggested, then I really do see the possibility of Fin Fang Foom being called the Midgard serpent in the movies. But maybe the dragon race's planet is one Loki contacts that happens to be in the realm of Midgard(universe, or galaxy or we). I definitely think it's what the crane was used for now."

"I'm thinking it is that Loki gathers forces from a few realms, like a couple posters have already said, after he deceives shield or whoever. Anyone hear about the giant fireball filmed in the sky? I can't find a link that's not CBM...but some of this sounds like magic and then the tech we've seen seems like Kree or Skrull weaponry but could easily be some other realm's technology and magic, tieing into all the talk about chariots, superscience and also giant monsters.

It would make sense that Loki does summon characters or monsters known to the Asgardians. What if Loki works with/manipulates a few other known cosmic characters, and summons some of the monsters from Norse mythology to help them out.
What if one of the giant monsters that was mentioned is Fin Fang Foom, doubling as the Midgard Serpent for film purposes? It's happened in the comics, and he's an alien dragon, and not necessarily mindless (because of their race's abilities and technology). It would be very entertaining seeing Iron Man and Thor try to take that thing on mid-flight. Or hulk battling it somehow. Plus I think they could alter things a little so that it escapes and sets up Mandarin's powers in Iron Man 3. Also might make the other invading characters not trust Loki when Fin Fang Foom turns out to be sentient and carrying powerful gems."

"In all likelihood it's the Midgard Serpent. CBM just gets worked up too fast. It's most fitting and would be easy to work in, and I think the Cap stuff shows they've planned it that way. I'm just thinking ahead and looking at the big picture. They'll probably even call it the Midgard serpent as well as Leviathan. However I wouldn't discount that it could potentially become involved with the Mandarin plot in some way. With Iron Man 3 gearing up I can't help but think they've got something up their sleeve to give us a really faithful and awesome Mandarin story that involves a shape-shifting dragon. And because he's a damn shapeshifter I think something funny could be going on here after the serpent's defeated in Avengers.

If they've got a reveal planned where it's shown to be barely alive, and suddenly starts to speak to someone telepathically(getting around how funny it would be to see the mouth move) that would show us that this is more than the mindless creature we thought we watched the Avengers take down. It retreats to a remote cave system where it's found by that ten rings guy from the first Iron Man. In the post-credits scene or the beginning of Iron Man 3.

If they wanna acquaint Mandarin with an alien dragon then this could be how it all starts since everything is interconnected in this movie universe."

And so on...
Loki has never claimed to know everything. Just small pieces that he tries to fit together. I don't think that proves anything. But hey, welcome to the hype

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #707
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

So it's kind of like the logic behind a million monkeys writing at a million typewriters for an infinite amount of time; eventually they will have written the complete works of shakespeare.

In other words, LokiD's long posts are bound to have some small amount of accuracy, probability-wise. Write about something for long enough and eventually you will come up with something somewhat accurate.

Sounds like the ying to Roger Wardell's yang. Not sure if I buy it.

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #708
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,988
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
So it's kind of like the logic behind a million monkeys writing at a million typewriters for an infinite amount of time; eventually they will have written the complete works of shakespeare.

In other words, LokiD's long posts are bound to have some small amount of accuracy, probability-wise. Write about something for long enough and eventually you will come up with something somewhat accurate.

Sounds like the ying to Roger Wardell's yang. Not sure if I buy it.
i still don't understnad the big deal. literally, this is the worst case scenario: he was full of ****, and had us going. That really isn't a big deal, and it was fun speculating and hoping for it all in the first place anyway. If he made it all up, then he made it all up. People are acting like it's a sin and downright idiodic to believe it, when it isn't a fact that he is wrong yett.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #709
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

So if I say that Pepper dies at the end because Fin Fang Foom shows up and sits on her, no one can call me an idiot because they can't prove it wrong, even if there's no evidence at all to support it?

I'm sorry, but it was my understanding that if someone's being an idiot, the Internet gives us the power, nay, the privilege to call said person an idiot.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #710
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,463
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

I've got nothing against LokiD; I think he's got a great imagination, and some of his theories, even if/when they're completely off target, still make for some interesting story arcs that I'd personally pay good money to go see. There's lots of things he's said about IM3 that I really believe in; I just find the Wasp thing to be completely askew, since the concept is an outright insult to Edgar Wright's Ant-Man and to Avenger fandom in general.

But whoever and whatever anybody chooses to believe, that's your religion, and I'm not going to jihad anybody over it. I *do,* however, reserve the right to do an Internet Happy Dance here if/when it's officially proven that Stephanie Szostak is not Janet Van Dyne.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #711
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,722
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Would it still be an insult to Edgar if he and loss had actually planned that all out together? Because realistically.... That'd actually be the case if this were true.

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #712
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,463
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Would it still be an insult to Edgar if he and loss had actually planned that all out together? Because realistically.... That'd actually be the case if this were true.
As long as Wright was consulted, and the Wasp theory dovetailed in with what he plans to do with Hank and Janet in *his* movie, then yeah, I've got less of a problem with it.

I just don't see where there would've been much time or opportunity for a sit-down over this in 2012, with Wright in England filming World's End, and Black filming IM3 in the US, China and India.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #713
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,246
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

have szostak and wright ever worked on anything together in the past?

mkilban2 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #714
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Nope, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
As long as Wright was consulted, and the Wasp theory dovetailed in with what he plans to do with Hank and Janet in *his* movie, then yeah, I've got less of a problem with it.

I just don't see where there would've been much time or opportunity for a sit-down over this in 2012, with Wright in England filming World's End, and Black filming IM3 in the US, China and India.
Well Wasp or no wasp, whatever each film is doing, there will be extensive communication and collaberation between all the directors, just like there was for Phase 1. That's how they co-ordinate all the end of film scenes and continuity stuff... In fact, I believe Brian Michael Bendis is serving as a consultant between all the films, helping to make sure there are no clashes and whatnot.

So whatever happens, I dont think we need to worry about someone like Shane Black slipping a reference in there that Marvel wouldn't know about.

Also, I don't think it's farfetched that Stephanie Szostak COULD play Wasp, I'm just not jumping on the stupid fanboy hype train, where people get SO attached to a theory they forget that it's just that, a theory. Speculation with no fact.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #715
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Any official word on whether Tony's new armour is the Mk 47 or Mark 42? I've heard both numbers being reported.

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #716
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,246
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
Any official word on whether Tony's new armour is the Mk 47 or Mark 42? I've heard both numbers being reported.
I think it's 47 with 40 remote controlled or something along those lines. Not 100% sure tho

mkilban2 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #717
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I think it's 47 with 40 remote controlled or something along those lines. Not 100% sure tho
Ah okay, cheers. When I heard about the final battle having a small army of iron man suits I thought it sounded dumb, but I'm really looking forward to it now. For some reason I'm picturing the final showdown to be in a remote location where the media and the other avengers can't know what is going on. Maybe it could take place near where Tony escapes the cave/compound in IM1; be a kind of cool way to bookend the trilogy

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #718
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Nope, never.



Well Wasp or no wasp, whatever each film is doing, there will be extensive communication and collaberation between all the directors, just like there was for Phase 1. That's how they co-ordinate all the end of film scenes and continuity stuff... In fact, I believe Brian Michael Bendis is serving as a consultant between all the films, helping to make sure there are no clashes and whatnot.

So whatever happens, I dont think we need to worry about someone like Shane Black slipping a reference in there that Marvel wouldn't know about.

Also, I don't think it's farfetched that Stephanie Szostak COULD play Wasp, I'm just not jumping on the stupid fanboy hype train, where people get SO attached to a theory they forget that it's just that, a theory. Speculation with no fact.
Ah but it's fun

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #719
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

I mean, there's nothing wrong with speculating, that's what fanboys love doing best... It's just when it goes that step further... Then people start joining the forum and because people are talking about speculation like it's fact, they TAKE it as fact and then before you know it, it's completely out of control.

That's exactly what happened with The Avengers thread and it made that place largely unbearable for a long time.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #720
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,188
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
So it's kind of like the logic behind a million monkeys writing at a million typewriters for an infinite amount of time; eventually they will have written the complete works of shakespeare.

In other words, LokiD's long posts are bound to have some small amount of accuracy, probability-wise. Write about something for long enough and eventually you will come up with something somewhat accurate.

Sounds like the ying to Roger Wardell's yang. Not sure if I buy it.

Why do you care?


For the record, we have had people come here and post things that seemed farfetched but later panned out completely. The most notable was Jordanstine, who gave a complete summary of The Avengers, including descriptions of the leviathans, months before the film premiered. Plenty of people dismissed what he had to say, to the point that he eventually left, but he was right and gave info that would have been interesting if anyone had listened.


Do some people come here and post nonsense? Yes. But a lot of speculation ends up being wrong when all is said and done. All we're doing here, as fans, is spinning theories and discussing the movie. It's all in fun, or at least it should be.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #721
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

@Xeno000, from memory there was also someone who stated the Chitauri were skrulls and Coulson was Mar-Vell...

Speculation is fine and dandy, but when people start listing these vague sources that they only half mention and then bury that with paragraphs upon paragraphs of extra, unnecessary info, I simply smell an attention seeker.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #722
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Why do you care?


For the record, we have had people come here and post things that seemed farfetched but later panned out completely. The most notable was Jordanstine, who gave a complete summary of The Avengers, including descriptions of the leviathans, months before the film premiered. Plenty of people dismissed what he had to say, to the point that he eventually left, but he was right and gave info that would have been interesting if anyone had listened.


Do some people come here and post nonsense? Yes. But a lot of speculation ends up being wrong when all is said and done. All we're doing here, as fans, is spinning theories and discussing the movie. It's all in fun, or at least it should be.
I don't particularly. People were just discussing LokiD as being either way off the mark or being a poster with an inside source. I then saw he posted about the avengers in the same vein as he is now posting about IM3 and thought, hey, hindsight is 20/20, maybe bringing up his past inaccuracies/accuracies would be relevant.

I'm not here to offend anyone, partly because I've read these boards for a while now and there's actually nice, intelligent people posting (unlike IMDB)

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #723
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,147
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Also... How can you trust a guy named Loki? Come on :P

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #724
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

^ lol

Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #725
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime
 
GRangerPrimeNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 731
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

This figure is incredibly cheap.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-pWZJlHEk3Q

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.