Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #751
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
see i think you're looking at a muddle mess by jumping right on it... you can't seem to even take a "what if" glance at things and even attempt to understand it "possibly" able to actually not be a mess.

Let's say loki is right.. and Tony bumps into a character in which he's never given a name of who she is.. (obviously AIM is playing a large part in IM3... so there's most certainly a possibility (if jan is trying to find hank/and or trying to take down AIM) There paths cross around the time Tony also discovers the evils of AIM and the two paths cross... a little bit of info is given from the mystery woman.. but not enough where we're left going "who was she and where is she throughout the rest of the film". Basically to the gen public she's sorta a mysterious woman... but nothing too integral (sorta like Coulson in Iron Man 1) but.. she show's up again in Cap 2 and we find even more out about her

hell... the Coulson way is a great way to introduce new characters.. it just doesn't always have to be SHIELD related

like i said before, i see both sides (so playing devils advocate almost if you will), so maybe you should think just for a moment "what if this IS happening, what ideas can i see where this actually works?" and work back from there. The other side of the coin has already stated how they could see it not working too.. so maybe just maybe attempt to think outside the box ?
that is the scenario I love!, she's the Coulson of Phase 2 almost, you don't know who this guy is or what he's really doing but you know it's a bigger thing.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #752
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
we don't know that yet.
Then be a sheep and follow someone who just posted utterly over long posts citing his "source" and then going far too deep in a round about way to try to make sense of what his deep inside source tell him.

Its just BS from someone who just wants a little attention or stir up some fan hype.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #753
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's the *biggest* "inside the box" there is: the whole point was to recreate a shared universe, just like in the comics.

that being said...

Wait....what? How is Pym and Janet's story *anything* like the "accidental radiation" origin story? Pym discovered Pym Particles himself, and voluntarily shrank himself into a micro-hero, and then agreed to do the same to Janet to help her track down and kill an alien who killed her father. That's about as far from "simple" and "done to death" as it gets.

I'll grant you that Wright has been trying to make his Ant-Man film more of an espionage story; but that's also with the understanding that the titular character there has always been *Scott Lang* instead of Hank Pym. Truth is, until we get more solid info on Wright's approach to the story, there's really no telling what he wants to do with this.

But one way they *could* connect Pym to Stark is to make Extremis some variant of Pym Particles instead of nanotech, I suppose. But that would tend to make Pym the inventor of Extremis instead of Killian.....and I strongly doubt *that's* going to happen, given what we know of IM3.
well... the Alien who killed her father aspect isn't going to happen... so they're going to have to come up with a reason for pym and janet to use the particles.. so the origin is going to be different... regardless. So just saying... you better get use to that notion

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #754
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Then be a sheep and follow someone who just posted utterly over long posts citing his "source" and then going far too deep in a round about way to try to make sense of what his deep inside source tell him.

Its just BS from someone who just wants a little attention or stir up some fan hype.
people said the same thing about me during spidey 3... but i was right. ...

and several people ate there words..

I'm skeptical. But i'm not ignorant enough to say he just wants attention.. because guess what...? that's not always the case.

he deserves the benefit of the doubt regardless..

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #755
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:

I'm skeptical. But i'm not ignorant enough to say he just wants attention.. because guess what...? that's not always the case.
majority of people just enjoy being cynical and negative, if they can't be right NO ONE CAN! haha idk I like to keep an open mind and believe people. Maybe that's my bad though.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #756
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:

he deserves the benefit of the doubt regardless..
IF what he puts is right then Marvel are just screwing themselves up in an angle Fox would do. I'm not ignorant just not falling for fake source claims, anyone could post long text and claim its from a source, PM messages or not.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #757
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
majority of people just enjoy being cynical and negative, if they can't be right NO ONE CAN! haha idk I like to keep an open mind and believe people. Maybe that's my bad though.
it's certainly not a flaw to do so, nor is anyone stupid for doing so. You're only stupid if you're investing all your "eggs in a basket"... and I don't think anyone really is running around here going OMG JAN IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #758
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
IF what he puts is right then Marvel are just screwing themselves up in an angle Fox would do. I'm not ignorant just not falling for fake source claims, anyone could post long text and claim its from a source, PM messages or not.
i don't really see how changing "Aliens" to "Aim" essentially is a bad thing personally..

i think that's actually a major improvement..

it's not like making Dr. Doom a CEO or Juggernaut not related to Xavier...

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #759
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I shouldn't be getting so hyped up over the idea of Janet in IM3 as it may not even happen, but I can't help it.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #760
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
it's certainly not a flaw to do so, nor is anyone stupid for doing so. You're only stupid if you're investing all your "eggs in a basket"... and I don't think anyone really is running around here going OMG JAN IS HAPPENING!!!!!!
Yeah I know, I don't blame most of you forum vets for being skeptical. I think I'm just at fault cause I like to take people on their word, and I also would like to see the things he's saying play out on film. I'm sure you guys have seen 100's of bull****ters compared to like 10 real guys lol

Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #761
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yeah I know, I don't blame most of you forum vets for being skeptical. I think I'm just at fault cause I like to take people on their word, and I also would like to see the things he's saying play out on film. I'm sure you guys have seen 100's of bull****ters compared to like 10 real guys lol
well trust me. i've seen it all.. from "Brooke Adams" claiming for two films she was going to be black cat.. to that other kid who was suppose to be in X3 or what not...

ive learned to not be naive but also aware sometimes people are indeed right. It's all speculation and fun and not the end of the world if you're wrong.

the worst is when someone is right about something that completely ruins something in your eyes (like when my friend at sony let loose Harry would be "new goblin" and fly on a snowboard wearing a paintball mask....

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #762
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
well trust me. i've seen it all.. from "Brooke Adams" claiming for two films she was going to be black cat.. to that other kid who was suppose to be in X3 or what not...

ive learned to not be naive but also aware sometimes people are indeed right. It's all speculation and fun and not the end of the world if you're wrong.

the worst is when someone is right about something that completely ruins something in your eyes (like when my friend at sony let loose Harry would be "new goblin" and fly on a snowboard wearing a paintball mask....
just brutal man haha. Although I did enjoy all the Spidey films, they easily could have been much better done. Here's hoping the ASM franchise can be a bit better. (I liked the first one, but didn't really care for Lizard.)

Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #763
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

that's not my case, his long posts are not really relevantt to me.

Quote:
He explained his situation in open posts. his sources told him characters and minor minor details. He takes that information, and builds up long deep speculation. The majority of his long ass posts are NOT what he "claims" his source told him. It's a..different approach. But I am keeping an open mind to anytihng. And as I said, worst case scenario, is that he was trolling us, and he made the speculation/anticipation phase MUCH more enjoyable for me. So either way, it doesn't matter what happens, cause for me personally, it's a win win.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #764
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I hate this thread now -___-

All these damn college essays and Janet/ Wasp talk, gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #765
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post

haha well we haven't gotten any real news in awhile

Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #766
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
IF what he puts is right then Marvel are just screwing themselves up in an angle Fox would do.

I asked in my last post if anyone would be ticked off if the Jan in IM3 would turn out true.

I'm just asking for clarification what you said above. Would you think Phase 2 was doomed or headed down the wrong track soley from that?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #767
Adamantium
Your King

Also, if ANT-MAN is considered Phase 2 and it's set in the past, then alluding things in some ways through out Phase 2 movies or just one simple indirect scene would only be contributing to help provide fuel for the movie ANT-MAN which a lot of people think sounds dumb...not me; but the GA who don't know 80% of what we all here may know.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #768
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post

Quote:
haha well we haven't gotten any real news in awhile
tis what happens

[=]
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #769
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #770
Nathan

Exclusive. Boo!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #771
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Is that for the MMO? Can't say I'm particularly bothered about it. From what I've seen it doesn't look that impressive. Just a Legends/Ultimate Alliance game with so-so graphics and everyone can now play as Wolverine in one team (yay ).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 01-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #772
Nathan

I'm actually more pissed off at the exclusive Symbiote Spider-Man, that apparently comes with unique voice overs, moves and what else. But I'm not paying $200 to get that. $20 for a character pack? Maybe. But $200? Get outta here Marvel!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #773
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

I'm not too keen on Jan being a spy and working for AIM. I like the idea that she's a philanthropist from a super rich family. She's like Paris Hilton but with class. She doesn't come into her own until she becomes a superhero. In relation to the rest of the MCU, it would be a fresh aspect to a superhero, instead of having everyone tied into SHIELD. In fact, it would be refreshing to have an outsider introduced to SHIELD and superhero-ing and actually be floored by the whole thing. I supposed she could be a celebrity by day while actually being a SHIELD agent. I just think they'd risk losing a special spark for her to be an outsider, if they make her a spy or yet another scientist.

Regarding Loki's theories...I think they're way too complicated to actually be part of the MCU. So far, all of the MCU movies have had relatively thin plots. They're fun movies but obviously focus on character vs plot. Having a multi-film storyline throughout all the Phase 2 films which involves numerous villains and time travel/multiple dimensions is just too much and doesn't really seem to jive with how they stumbled through Phase 1.

I'm not trying to insult Phase 1 btw. I like all the films. There just isn't much of a throughline between the films. Other than the presence of SHIELD, and it's pretty much shoved into the films. There's certainly room for improvement in Phase 2 and its build-up to Avengers 2. Especially since they've hired Josh Whedon to essentially do so. I just don't see there being such a complicated plot for Avengers 2.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #774
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I don't think anyone is saying Jan would be a spy (like black widow) or shed be hired by AIM to do so....

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #775
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'm actually really hoping for that Marvel Heroes MMO game to be really cool, I hope it's on Mac too cause I don't own a PC. I was under the impression that all the characters and their costumes were already unlocked for free though so that's a bummer if I'm going to have to pay for that stuff

does anyone play the Marvel: War of Heroes game on their phone or tablet? It's like a card type game but I have fun collecting various heroes haha, and my teams getting pretty strong

Closed Thread