The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #726
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

People need to get animated series out of heads.Bishop and Cable have nothing to do with days of future past.

Days of future past Is different than past X-men films.You have 2 timelines.That's cast of both first Class and trilogy to service.We had reports after Bryan took over as director of a substanal number of original trilogy actors would be In this.I am betting on 3 or possable 4 joining Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and Hugh Jackman.While we will defently spend more screentime In past than fuutre I am betting at least 30 minutes of screentime Is spent In future.And besids getting original trilogy vets you also have
Sentinles.

I strongly believe Bryan will not want to reference the Last Stand.If someone were to directly ask them about Xavier they would likely use In Interviews for press or on DVD/Bluray the Xavier's mind Is In twin brother's body but never refernce It on screen.And the time travel may wipe out events of Last Stand by end of film.

Another possabilty Is them treating Days of fuutre as pure prequel to trilogy and have events there help bring about the events of trilogy.The future Is alternate timeline that
happened when the assassination the brotherhood actully suceed and fuutre Is completly alternate from trilogy.Thus what happened to Xavier In Last Stand Is Ilrelvent
and Bryan could have Cyclops or Jean or both In future.Thus when X-Men prevent the assassination that leads to events of trilogy+The Wolverine.Bryan has talked about connecting dots between films,and that would do It.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #727
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Let's think about this logically though...

If you're thinking this will reference Last Stand, what year are you envisioning the 'future' to be set in?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #728
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Actually, you know what would be cool? Wasn't it Senator Kelly who gets assassinated in the comics? It'd be cool if they have to rewrite that part of history and STOP him from getting killed in order to prevent the worst tragedy to ever befall mankind.... The Last Stand... I mean, the sentinels...

Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #729
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Also, wouldn't Bishop have to be involved at some point? I could also see them including Cable, if they still want to tie him into the Deapdool movie that is supposedly still happening.
If Fox has already choosen the very next proyect after Days of future, they could use this sequel to introduce a character, like Marvel has done with their universe.

So yeah, I wouldnt keep anyone out yet.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #730
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well because if at some point they either change the timeline or it could easily be new scenes that took place BEFORE he dies, either sometime during the original series or before X1... I mean, realistically, if it's THAT far into the future, would Xavier and Magneto even be around? Wouldn't they be like 90 years old by that point? Who says their scenes are in this scary future.

To be honest, I would say most likely the 'future' in question will actually be completely alternate from the previous X-Movies... Something will happen or 'supposedly' happen in the 60's that will prevent the classic, X-Men 1 and 2 future from happening and that is possibly what the young Xavier etc is working to prevent?

I mean think about it, if they're like 30 or so in the 60's, then that would make them 70 in 2000... So the future would either have to take place then or we're going to see them in 2020 with awful ageing makeup
Bryan Singer said when devolping first Class took the ages of Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen and wentbackwords to when Xavier and Magneto were In their mid to late 20's.That was early 1960's.The extact timeframe of trilogy Is never set.But as saying Xavier and Magneto was In early 60's we can assume a timeframe for our purposes of mid 1990's.

Now If Xavier and Magneto are same age as Patrick and Ian we are looking at future being alternate version of 2000's.

Now the question would be will

1:This future came to being post trilogy+The Wolverine.And the seeds for It can be traced to assassination the brotherhood comitted that might have caused public to be aware of mutants.Thus the time travel plot Is to do away with the seeds of It.Thus by end of film both Origins and Last Stand may be erased by time travel but X-Men and X2+to large extent The Wolverine remains
2:This future Is completly alternate and comes into being because of the assassination.The time travel Is to prevent the assassination and thus because of efforts the other X-Men films come Into being(well maybe not oriigns)

Bryan's quotes of COnnectivity between films and connecting dots between films strongly suggest some connection between first Class and trilogy.Also the X-Men meets terminator quote from mark Millar Is clue.

As much as both Hugh Jackman and James mangold have gone on and on about how The Wolverine Is set post the Last Stand It's unlikely that Bryan Is going to pull an immedate Superman returns(or what he was planning with battlestar Galactica revival to galactica 1980) but he might use time travel to help do away with Last Stand and origins.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 01-09-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #731
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
If Fox has already choosen the very next proyect after Days of future, they could use this sequel to introduce a character, like Marvel has done with their universe.

So yeah, I wouldnt keep anyone out yet.
The big question is about the original trilogy cast.

Not just how many will appear in DoFP, but whether they are planning an X4 with more of them in. And also how many more films we could expect to see with Famke, Halle, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, Daniel Cudmore, etc. It's not at all obvious which direction the films will go in after DoFP.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #732
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'd say X4 with all the original cast is probably wishful thinking.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #733
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The big question is about the original trilogy cast.

Not just how many will appear in DoFP, but whether they are planning an X4 with more of them in. And also how many more films we could expect to see with Famke, Halle, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, Daniel Cudmore, etc. It's not at all obvious which direction the films will go in after DoFP.
well, Mark Millar has already revealed that they've come with 10 possible proyects for the next 7 years (if Im not wrong).

So I think a X4 is possibly one of them.

I doubt Fox and Millar has only thought about FC sequels and new spin-offs. They probably has something in store but are waiting for DOFP impact to decide which team movie to do next

Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #734
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well I can't see them banking too much hope on 7 more years of movies with a group of actors who are appearing older and older and probably aren't the keenest for a 7 year contract.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #735
Angamb
Banned User

well, if want it, Fox could shoot two sequels back to back with the whole cast as the final goodbye of the original cast, and then to release it in different years, like Warner is doing with the Hobbit.

I think Hugh, Halle and James would still look great as the characters, so there's no problem here. And Im sure both Halle and James would agree to it.

Its all on Fox decision, as always.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #736
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The original comic version of DOFP had older versions of Wolverine,Kitty,Storm,Colossus,and Magneto+Franklin Richards grown up.And then add rachel.Animated versions had almost all familar characters dead.So let's proceed logicil here.I think odds are 3 others will join Xavier,magneto,and Wolverine.Also they might do their first FF crossover by having adult version of Franklin Richards as well.If we assume based on The Wolverine Comments that leaves out Cyclops and Jean who does that leave us

1:Rogue Is very likely.Considering Anna Paquin's good relationship with Bryan Singer.The fact Rogue has filled the kitty role In X-Men/X2.Bryan may want to call back the close
relationship between Wolverine and Rogue.What better way than having them having to free other survivors from Internment camp.Now they would have to find a way to work with her true Blood schedule.But reports had a shorter season order than usual.And this could mean Rogue Isn't time traveler but stays In future scene.Now If they had In Script
Rogue as time Traveler and there Is no way to work with Anna's schedule they might try to subsitute Kitty for Rogue.Now comes question can they even get Ellen Page to
come back.
2:With Cyclops and Jean most likely out that probally means we can expect Storm so Wolverine won't be only adult X-Man from trilogy to be In future
3ue to both Rebecca Romijn's good relationship with Bryan and Mystique's role In series Mystique will likely be last to make cut.And this way they can have another character In both timeframes.

Untill anouncements are made on more cast we can only speculate.But having 6 returing characters from trilogy In future seems like the way they will go,and It would fit the subsantal number of original trilogy actors report we got.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #737
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well I can't see them banking too much hope on 7 more years of movies with a group of actors who are appearing older and older and probably aren't the keenest for a 7 year contract.
At most, they'll get two more films out of the rest of the old cast (this will probably be farewell for McKellen and Stewart), and hopefully bring in some new blood at the same time. We have to see some new actors and new characters introduced to take the franchise forward.

I have a feeling we will see - somehow and at some point - see Wolverine founding a Jean Grey School of Higher Learning and training a whole new roster of mutant teens.

But that doesn't offer much hope to fans who want to see Famke and James back as Jean/Phoenix and Cyclops.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #738
Angamb
Banned User

having introduced characters like Rogue, Beast, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Colossus, Iceman, Angel, Gambit, and even Storm and Wolverine, at least me wont miss Jean, lol.

with Cyclops, they could find a way to get him back, and Scott fans will really appreciate it, for sure. so it would be a smart move by Fox.

Im 100% sure that Fox could handle a X4 easily. This could be the very last movie to Hugh and Halle in case they dont want to do more, but the franchise definetly has potential to keep moving, as xmaniac suggests.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #739
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well we really should view Days of futur past as X4/First Class 2.

It wouldn't shock me If next film after DOFP Is totally with original cast but after that they work on more prequels and present day spinoffs.You could have Indivual cast OT actors In spinoffs like Wolverine In X-Force,Xavier In New Mutants,Colossus In Deadpool.Maybe another Wolverine solo film.You could give first class cast a bit more time so third film could jump to late 1970's and Introduce teenage Cyclops and Teenage Jean In story focusing on them.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #740
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd say X4 with all the original cast is probably wishful thinking.
That is my feeling as well. If there is a plan to use Jean, Scott etc. I think it's likeliest that the studio will look for younger actors rather than going back to the original cast.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #741
def28
Side-Kick

By the end of this film they got to have Cyclops back and ready to lead somehow, recast or whatever. Going this long without Summers as a leader in an X Men film is inexcusable.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #742
Angamb
Banned User

kind of agree.

And dont understand how some fans have the impression we want exactly the same cast as X1-X2 to continue this franchise.

As long as we have Cyclpos back to lead, as you say, and they get back all the younger actors more Halle and Hugh, what more do we need?

We dont need to have Ian, Patrick and Famke on every x-men movie set in present. They have had a pretty solid presence on the franchise to date, so its time to keep moving with the other actors, they have a large cast to do it, so.... Where's the real problem?

Marvel is going for more Avengers sequels, so.... dont you all think Fox will want the same with their cast?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #743
NanaT
X-Men United!

I can see an X4 with the orignal cast on the cards. There is still major storylines that they haven't touched on yet and ones that couldn't work with the First Class era.

Mutant Massacre
House of M
Fatal attractions

to name a few but the biggest storyline that still hasn't been done is Age of Apocalypse. I mentioned before and Angamb mentioned it again but they should do an X4 and X5 filmed back to back as the final chapter with the original cast before moving on to new fresh X-Men faces. It should be the AoA storyline perfect way to end the series with the X-Men's biggest threat ever.

P.S. to those that are absolutely dying without Cyclops as leader. As much as I like the character (used to be my fav male xman but now its nightcrawler) I really prefer storm as leader than him. I mean in the duel leadership Storm beat him whilst she was depowered. I know though the storm in the movies is nothing like the storm from the comics I hope they do start to develop her though and make her closer to her comic book counterpart. Maybe they could do that for the movie though have Storm and Cyclops duel for leadership of the X-men that would be amazing to see.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #744
Great Mind(s)
Broken

What this movie could do is help fix the classic series so they can continue it alongside the First Class series and maybe do another crossover down the road... Age of Apocalypse perhaps? It would be cool to tease at that story line at the end of this.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #745
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, you know what would be cool? Wasn't it Senator Kelly who gets assassinated in the comics? It'd be cool if they have to rewrite that part of history and STOP him from getting killed in order to prevent the worst tragedy to ever befall mankind.... The Last Stand... I mean, the sentinels...
Haha, I see what you did there.

The idea itself is intriguing. It would mean pulling a BTTF Part II and revisit the events of the first movie, X-Men, since that is when Senator Kelly was actually killed. Unfortunately, I don't see where the XM:FC cast comes into play with that. Gotta hand it to Fox... They've really adapted the convoluted nature of the X-Men universe from the comics quite well.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #746
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I don't see any problem in making more sequels with the original cast, or at least some of them. I think they should at least keep Hugh, Halle, Famke and James as the core members and the ones running the institute (they're really not as old as some are suggesting ) and additional members can be mutants who haven't been introduced yet (Northstar, Dazzler, Cannonball) or those who haven't had much to do (Jubilee, Siryn, Colossus).

Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #747
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Agreed wholeheartedly. I think we need to change our perspectives on what is deemed "old" TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #748
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i know many won't like to hear this but The last stand didn't do any of the characters except wolverine any real justice and left the franchise with very little left in it, i mean cyclops and jean are dead, storm is the only original Xmen from the 3 films, and prof X could return, kitty could be in it, iceman and rogue, but colossus and angel barely did anything at all and kelsey grammer as beast may be difficult now they changed his look in first class which to go back and forth and remind general audiences that Fox can't make there minds up

and yeah maybe fans feel yeah they can bring jean and scott back and maybe could give colossus more developement ect ect but from the point of view of fox and singer, vaughn or whoever i don't know if they would really do something like that? these characters are not really important to casual audiences who may see the film, infact if they start undoing things and changing things back and forth at some point audiences will just give up on the films

and like i said i know saying this won't be popular and most will think its crap and yeah ok X4 can be done but realistically you would need a clean slate to start from, and pretty much also why i don't think any of the X3 characters will return for DOFP, esp with the horrible way X3 treated the characters and how vaughn and singer not really liking X3

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-09-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #749
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I don't see any problem in making more sequels with the original cast, or at least some of them. I think they should at least keep Hugh, Halle, Famke and James as the core members and the ones running the institute (they're really not as old as some are suggesting ) and additional members can be mutants who haven't been introduced yet (Northstar, Dazzler, Cannonball) or those who haven't had much to do (Jubilee, Siryn, Colossus).
Strongly Agree.And please no more Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique,she is not good in that role.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #750
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Strongly Agree.And please no more Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique,she is not good in that role.
She Is not goign anyway.She has gotten bigger and gotten more acclaim.Fox will use her In all 3 films she signed up for.

Closed Thread