The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #276
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

So are we going to make this jump? I'm totally, 100% for it.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #277
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Yeah, I signed up there when Byrd mentioned it earlier.

Can anyone see a straight-forward way of migrating past threads from here over there or what's going to happen in that regard?
Unfortunately, I think the only way of doing it is starting fresh over there. Even with the jump, I'm going to at least see the Hype CAH through to the end of the season, that way we can wrap things up proper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Not sure if Shape uses Facebook, but he and JB are missing from The Basement group. Anyone else, while we're trying to get people all on one page. That's an easier way for me to communicate, if nobody else.
Yeah, I sure do...Didn't even know we had a Basement group on FB

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #278
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Probably the easiest way to migrate without rebooting would be to create a summary post of the major stuff that's happened in a current game, and a link back here so anyone who really wants to can skim what's happened themselves.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #279
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Probably the easiest way to migrate without rebooting would be to create a summary post of the major stuff that's happened in a current game, and a link back here so anyone who really wants to can skim what's happened themselves.
I'm all for that, but I'm just afraid that by keeping continuity we might alienate potential players, because they may not want to get into an already established universe.

Again, I'm all for keeping continuity but I'm just worried that it could cause issues on the new board

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #280
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I would say that would work with the other games, but I do think the best option for CAH is to start again from square one.... biased bastard that I am.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #281
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I would say that would work with the other games, but I do think the best option for CAH is to start again from square one.... biased bastard that I am.
Yeah, I think that's going to be the best bet. I hate to see so many years of great storytelling go down the drains, but maybe a new start is the only way to really go in this case

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #282
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Signed up over at the other place.

I changed my name though. (HenryJonesJr)

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #283
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Unacceptable.

I require the ability to always call you Carnage.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #284
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

You can. It'll **** with all the new ****ers.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #285
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'm thinking of maybe trying to get Star Wars going over there again too...anyone in?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #286
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
You can. It'll **** with all the new ****ers.
That's how it is when people wonder why the guy with the screen name Batman is being called MB.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #287
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

**** them

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #288
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

And people wondered why we could never get new people!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #289
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'm not making any promises, but I did make an account on that new site: trusty.

Wanted to do something new and different but, meh.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #290
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Anyone lurk or converse enough with people to understand how they split things up? Like they have Free/Casual/Advanced games. Would the type of games are used to here Casual or Advanced? To make a comparison.

EDIT: Found this and I'll copy and paste since it wasn't easy to find. Wasn't horrible but I found it on mere luck.
Quote:
Free Roleplay - No standards. For roleplaying involving one-liners, few-liners, speed-posting, and for anyone who doesn't want to worry about standards.
Casual Roleplay - Some standards. Roleplay here if you enjoy writing at least a paragraph or two, character development, and some depth. Casual RP is more laid back and lighthearted than Advanced RP but more moderated than Free RP. It's a good middle ground. No one-liners.
Advanced Roleplay - Elevated standards. Advanced RP focuses on longer posts that include character development and elaborate plot development. Minimum 2-3 paragraphs per post.

We also offer some niche roleplaying forums:

The Arena - Combat-centric roleplaying duels and various other types of fights.
1x1 (One on One) Roleplay - In pairs. All standards are represented here.

We also have 'interest checks' that function as a means of advertising one's roleplays or finding someone else's roleplay.

Interest Checks - A section for brainstorming new ideas and presenting them to other roleplayers. Every section has their own specific interest check (as a subforum of the above sections) also.
I might want to try my Pokemon Turquoise Version game there mayhaps. I can't see myself doing anymore superhero stuff.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.

Last edited by trustyside-kick; 01-09-2013 at 10:57 AM.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #291
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

There's a thread somewhere over there with sort of a guideline about what constitutes free, casual, and advanced. But just eyeballing some of the games over there, I'd say most of our games are either high casual or low advanced.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #292
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,254
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

My thought on this is that we should start each game up on the other site with new seasons, continuing on where we left off. CAH being an exception, since it seems a reboot is in order of that. But for the others like One Earth, which is already heading into a new season, and UDC, which is close enough for us to just continue on, we could easily just start up Season 2 and 4, respectively. UOU would be a little trickier, but all we have to really do is just say that it's still Season 1 and continue with continuity.

What does everyone think?

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #293
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'm down with that. I just would like to finish out was Flash in UDC, and the current X-Men arc in UOU.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #294
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,254
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Why don't we just save UDC for when the season ends. That'll give us a little more motivation to close things out, then we can start Season 4 on the new site cleanly. UOU is JB's call.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #295
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

S'cool.

What's everyone's screenname over in this new and fantastic world of wonder and majesty?

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #296
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'll give you one guess.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #297
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,254
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I went back to Master Bruce. Byrd is still Byrd Man, JB is still Johnny Blaze, Shape is still Nitemare Shape, MST is still MST3K 4ever, trusty is the more simplified "trusty", and Carnage is HenryJonesJr. That's all that I know of.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #298
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

"Spike_x1" was actually taken, and I suspect one of you f**kers took it, so I fell back on my Xbox Live name, "Megapants."

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #299
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
"Spike_x1" was actually taken, and I suspect one of you f**kers took it, so I fell back on my Xbox Live name, "Megapants."

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #300
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
"Spike_x1" was actually taken, and I suspect one of you f**kers took it, so I fell back on my Xbox Live name, "Megapants."
Now you know my second account name....

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.