The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #326
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Look if they can do GotG, a property that even many comic book fans have never heard of, they can find a way to introduce BP. He's a legit hero, with an interesting backstory, and deserves a place in the MCU. There are several options for a successful adaptation and I hope plans are already in the early stages to make it happen. A small introductory part in TA2 or another Phase 2 film is completely doable. Hope it happens.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #327
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
For those of you saying Disney would never or Sony would never...

There are a lot of if's in this situation, and as we've seen what kind of money Avengers made, a deal could be worked out. Sure, there'd be a lot of paperwork and some concessions, but Avengers 2 with Spider-Man would be huge and benefit both franchises, even if just for a cameo, and people would go nuts over it. So far I've yet to see any of you pull anything out of your head other than "won't happen."
Forget the paperwork. MCU is making billions of dollars with the characters they have. Why would they give up money to get characters who are making less money?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #328
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Seriously. This is still being discussed? Venom, let it go dude. Enough is enough. It won't happen. If he gets a cameo, there will be an outcry from his fanboys to get him into the avengers, and if that ever happens, it will DESTROY the franchise. It will turn into spidy and friends due to his popularity. This is about the avengers, and their team members. They exist in a seperate universe. If he even gets a cameo, there will be confusion. Oh, so they DO exist in the same universe. The sony characters and marvel's cinematic characters? No, they don't exist in the same universe....oh..but spiderman appeared in the avengers...yeah, same actor and costume, but apparently a "different" spiderman...that's confusing. And that's just with a cameo. There are more important characters to cameo. And it will not benefit both studios. Avengers made enough, they are in the spot light. There are other avengers, original members and characters to introduce. If he gets a cameo, there will be a roar for him to become a member, especially by non fans. Some may get turned off by the movies now, since they aren't using spiderman. That is why I think they shouldn't. Avengers has characters who aren't flag characters of marvel. And they did incredibly well. Keep it that way. Don't ruin a now flourishing franchise by sticking a big character from another studios' universe in the movie. Keep him to his own. not even a cameo.

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #329
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

A cameo or reference wouldn't hurt anyone, calm down.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #330
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
A cameo or reference wouldn't hurt anyone, calm down.
that's your response.

I merely stated my opinion, and explained my reasoning. I am calm. Don't tell me to calm down, i am calm. A cameo from a character in another studio's universe would be confusing to a lot of the GA. It would result in the GA's "desire" to get spiderman into the franchise. A reference I think would be okay, but a cameo is too much.

People are telling you why they disagree. You aren't going to change our minds. So it's a pointless debate so seriously, until we hear any news of it, I highly suggest we just drop this, and let this thread discuss possible future avengers members as it should.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #331
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Seriously. This is still being discussed? Venom, let it go dude. Enough is enough. It won't happen. If he gets a cameo, there will be an outcry from his fanboys to get him into the avengers, and if that ever happens, it will DESTROY the franchise. It will turn into spidy and friends due to his popularity. This is about the avengers, and their team members. They exist in a seperate universe. If he even gets a cameo, there will be confusion. Oh, so they DO exist in the same universe. The sony characters and marvel's cinematic characters? No, they don't exist in the same universe....oh..but spiderman appeared in the avengers...yeah, same actor and costume, but apparently a "different" spiderman...that's confusing. And that's just with a cameo. There are more important characters to cameo. And it will not benefit both studios. Avengers made enough, they are in the spot light. There are other avengers, original members and characters to introduce. If he gets a cameo, there will be a roar for him to become a member, especially by non fans. Some may get turned off by the movies now, since they aren't using spiderman. That is why I think they shouldn't. Avengers has characters who aren't flag characters of marvel. And they did incredibly well. Keep it that way. Don't ruin a now flourishing franchise by sticking a big character from another studios' universe in the movie. Keep him to his own. not even a cameo.

IMO I think there's a chance.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #332
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
that's your response.

I merely stated my opinion, and explained my reasoning. I am calm. Don't tell me to calm down, i am calm. A cameo from a character in another studio's universe would be confusing to a lot of the GA. It would result in the GA's "desire" to get spiderman into the franchise. A reference I think would be okay, but a cameo is too much.

People are telling you why they disagree. You aren't going to change our minds. So it's a pointless debate so seriously, until we hear any news of it, I highly suggest we just drop this, and let this thread discuss possible future avengers members as it should.

I don't mind Spidey not being involved in the films, but if it feels like the same universe with hints, it adds to the experience. If they were to give Spider-Man a cameo, it would make more sense for him to be Parker played by Garfield.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #333
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

900th post

Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #334
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Seeing as how the Avengers have made one billion dollars & Spidey hasn't yet, I don't think an Avengers movie with Spidey in it would turn into "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends". Marvel knows how to balance their movies, since Avengers wasn't "Iron Man & His Invincible Friends".

But yeah... how 'bout dat Black Panther...or dat Ms. Marvel?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #335
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

If Who Framed Roger Rabbit was possible, anything is...

Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #336
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Who Framed Roger Rabbit was possible, anything is...
Is it possible for you to stop talking about Spider-Man being in the Avengers?

Terror Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #337
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc.
Is it possible for you to stop talking about Spider-Man being in the Avengers?
This is a discussion here, and my words have been clear; I don't necessarily want Spider-Man to be part of the Avengers, I just want him to be part of the universe. Period.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #338
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Forget the paperwork. MCU is making billions of dollars with the characters they have. Why would they give up money to get characters who are making less money?

Also, if Disney used Spider-Man, they would have to pay Sony millions for the privilege. The folks going on about how much sense it would make business-wise for both studios seem to be ignoring the fact that it is a business. Sony needs to make money; "sharing" its most lucrative property is not going to happen unless big bucks change hands.

The Avengers stands to make at least another billion dollars the next time out, and doubtless substantially more, whereas Spider-Man probably won't come anywhere near that. Sony is near bankruptcy now, to the point where it sold the merchandising rights for Spidey to Disney in 2011 just to raise quick cash. Disney, in contrast, has billions of dollars in reserve, enough to pay $4 billion for Lucasfilm and still be looking for properties to acquire. Rival studio execs are well aware of this. Any deal to use Spider-Man in Marvel's films would come with a demand for millions of dollars upfront and a cut of the profits, as well. Sony can't settle for a mere publicity boost from such a venture, not when it can barely afford to keep its studio operating for lack of money.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #339
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000
Also, if Disney used Spider-Man, they would have to pay Sony millions for the privilege. The folks going on about how much sense it would make business-wise for both studios seem to be ignoring the fact that it is a business. Sony needs to make money; "sharing" its most lucrative property is not going to happen unless big bucks change hands.

The Avengers stands to make at least another billion dollars the next time out, and doubtless substantially more, whereas Spider-Man probably won't come anywhere near that. Sony is near bankruptcy now, to the point where it sold the merchandising rights for Spidey to Disney in 2011 just to raise quick cash. Disney, in contrast, has billions of dollars in reserve, enough to pay $4 billion for Lucasfilm and still be looking for properties to acquire. Rival studio execs are well aware of this. Any deal to use Spider-Man in Marvel's films would come with a demand for millions of dollars upfront and a cut of the profits, as well. Sony can't settle for a mere publicity boost from such a venture, not when it can barely afford to keep its studio operating for lack of money.
Sony is more than willing to make a deal to cross-promote their franchise into the MCU. Sure, Disney would have to pay a cut to Sony, but with Spider-Man on that poster, tickets are sure to sell. They were going to have the Oscorp building in The Avengers, but because it wasn't finished being rendered for The Amazing Spider-Man, it was left out, so it's possible.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #340
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sony is more than willing to make a deal to cross-promote their franchise into the MCU. Sure, Disney would have to pay a cut to Sony, but with Spider-Man on that poster, tickets are sure to sell. They were going to have the Oscorp building in The Avengers, but because it wasn't finished being rendered for The Amazing Spider-Man, it was left out, so it's possible.
I think we should try to set the record straight that "Oscorp building in the Avengers movie" does not open the door for "Spider-Man in the Avengers movie." From an article by Latino-Review.com, recapping an interview with ASM producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach:
Quote:
"By the time the Oscorp building was fully designed, The Avengers digital Manhattan was already basically rendered and there was some up-conversion that needed to go down, so – for timing – it was scrapped. BUT – Sony and Disney were going to let this happen. THAT’s the key thing here. Timing just didn’t work out.

That makes me sad. I told Avi and Matt that I realize it’s a business impossibility to share the characters, (“Thank you for understanding that” - Matt Tolmach to me), but wanted to get across that these small, small things are enough for the fanboys.

Matt said they’d love to do more like this, meaning crossovers on the smaller level.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #341
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I don't mind Spidey not being involved in the films, but if it feels like the same universe with hints, it adds to the experience. If they were to give Spider-Man a cameo, it would make more sense for him to be Parker played by Garfield.
lol the part of my post you bolded mad me laugh a bit too lol. IF IF IF. But I think it would be very confusing to the GA

Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #342
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I wonder if Ant-Man (& possibly Wasp) will be in Avengers 2. They could use the movie as sort of a promotion for the movie, seeing how Ant-Man might be a hard sell. But I can also see Marvel not wanting to confuse audiences with this random ass new hero who's all of a sudden an Avenger.

It'll be interesting to see how Marvel deals with that character.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #343
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse
I think we should try to set the record straight that "Oscorp building in the Avengers movie" does not open the door for "Spider-Man in the Avengers movie."
If Marvel and Sony agreed to put the Oscorp building in Avengers, they're cooperating, and Sony would benefit from Spider-Man being in Avengers 2, which would be the biggest freaking movie ever made. That would be cool if they put Stark Tower in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #344
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Spiderman being in avengers would not be the biggest movie ever made.

Seriously. Lets end this conversation. discuss what we may be getting in phase 2. ant man, wasp. ms marvel, vision? who knows?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #345
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

I'm assuming since the Falcon is in CA:TWS that will be his intro into Avengers 2. I'm fine with that, always thought he was a cool character. I know it won't happen, but I would love to see them also incorporate Dr. Strange and Ms./Capt Marvel (Warbird) into the mix. I think with this lineup they would establish all the components of the Marvel Universe in one film:

Cosmic: Ms./Capt. Marvel
Mythological: Thor
Mainstream (normal person turned hero): Cap, IM, Hulk, Falcon
Street Level: Black Widow, Hawkeye
Supernatural: Dr. Strange

There is also the Mutant realm in the Marvel universe, but since Fox holds the rights to X-Men, it's not relevant here.

It would consist of a big group (10 if you include Nick Fury), but I think if you break it up into smaller teams of 2 or 3, each sent to deal with a different crisis, it could work. I think it would be cool to see BW and Hawkeye doing some infiltrating and really great to see IM/Tony cross into another dimension with Dr. Strange! Of course they would all re-assemble in the end to deal with whatever bigger threat Joss has in mind.

On a side note, I had a thought of how easily the Black Panther could fit into any of these Marvel categories. His tech could come in handy in a cosmic story. Wakanda can be seen as almost a mythological place and (with it's vibranium) could fit into a tale involving Asgard, Olympus or Atlantis. T'Challa would easily blend into the street-level universe. And he could mix with the supernatural side as well (wouldn't be to outrageous to see the Panther fighting a jungle monster or a werewolf - canine vs. feline/dog vs. cat Lol). And he obviously fits the mainstream superhero profile. It's time to get him involved in these movies IMO!

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Really can't wait for IM3 and the start of Phase 2!

Excelsior!

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #346
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Only roster change I'd like is an addition of Carol Danvers. Even if she's just introduced as Carol in A2 and maybe she appears in a GOTG2 becoming Miss Marvel, I'd be happy. (Or happier with a solo pic with Mar-Vell).

Avengers 2: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon (depending on how he is in CA2)
SHIELD: Nick Fury, Maria Hill
SWORD: Carol Danvers
+ maybe some of the GOTG members (assuming A2 will be a bit more 'cosmic' with Thanos)

BobJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #347
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I don't think a change is necessary. Just add Pym & Wife to the team

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #348
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

well there certainly won't be any changes, but addition, definitally. But that qualifies as a change, now doesn't it

Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #349
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

an addition counts as an addition

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #350
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
Spiderman being in avengers would not be the biggest movie ever made.

Seriously. Lets end this conversation. discuss what we may be getting in phase 2. ant man, wasp. ms marvel, vision? who knows?
While the minority would have a fit, the majority would completely nerd out at seeing the Big Five together on the big screen. There are so many things you could do, and it would help rake in even more money than the first movie (good for Marvel, better for Sony).