The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #76
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
Where did you hear that?
Um... did you read the conversation above? About the magazine?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #77
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Huh? That's what he is saying it will be a part of the JL project, not apart from as in separate.
well since he typed the word "apart", if you look at its definition on any given dictionary, it means that MOS won't be within the world that the JLA is creating.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #78
andresgvasquez
Banned User

So what did he mean? "apart" or "a part"

Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #79
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Man of Steel and Justice League will connect to each other is what he means.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #80
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I didn't care for LOTR but loved the Hobbit so I'm glad they did it

I felt LOTR: FOTR was the best out of all the films.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #81
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I felt LOTR: FOTR was the best out of all the films.
I loved the Hobbit, but I agree that FOTR is the best (and I think the one most faithful to its respective book).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #82
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
Junkie_XL accidentally "leaked" a little glimpse of a scene in one of the photos.. Look

Snyder is using a lot of inclinated camera planes.. Similar to Michael Bay in Transformers.. it is a good style though

Amir Mokri is Snyders cinematographer on this. He was the cinematographer for the Transformer films. Great choice by Zack.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #83
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post

I have been saying this for quite sometime now. Yay!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #84
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Nothing really new, although they mentioned that MoS's world will be apart of the JL project.
Too many sources are saying this now and WB isn't retracting any of it, so I guess we just have to accept it as truth.

I guess the only thing I/we can hope for is that everything works out. The only mystery is whether there will be a new Batman.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #85
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Zack Snyder 1 year ago:

“It doesn’t. Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and […] Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie and they’ll kind of get to do it twice which is kind of cool.”

So what changed in the last 12 months... ??... hmm oh that's right: The Avengers came out.

I'd like to think that this whole entire re-positioning had nothing to do with greed by the higher ups at WB. But why do I not.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #86
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but how are we sure again that meant that it will connect as opposed to it not?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #87
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Sorry for the confusion. I sorta misread it and what Snyder actually meant was that all he knows is that there's a Man of Steel movie and Supes is in it. Here's the paragraph that says it.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #88
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Okay, let's say they do an after scene credit, which I doubt, which superhero would you like to see introduced first to Superman?

If your first choice is Batman then what's your second choice?
A bright object illuminates the night sky over Metropolis as it plummets towards ground. Superman pierces through the clouds to intercept. He catches the object in his arms. It's a man. Beaten and bloodied, pulsating with an otherworldly GREEN glow.

SUPERMAN
(wary)
Who are you? Where did you come from?

GREEN LANTERN/HAL JORDAN
(strained)
...Green Lantern...Sector...2814
...Apokolips...is...coming...

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #89
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
A bright object illuminates the night sky over Metropolis as it plummets towards ground. Superman pierces through the clouds to intercept. He catches the object in his arms. It's a man. Beaten and bloodied, pulsating with an otherworldly GREEN glow.

SUPERMAN
(wary)
Who are you? Where did you come from?

GREEN LANTERN/HAL JORDAN
(strained)
...Green Lantern...Sector...2814
...Apokolips...is...coming...
Yeah uh forget Batman, this would be fantastic IMO. I mean it sounds fantastic.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #90
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Boy, you guys missed the point entirely. Simply being a good movie isn't the only variable in the formula. You can have bad products that make money and good products that don't, of course. But you don't go setting out to make a bad movie if you want to make money. Some products do sell themselves, regardless of quality. And for movies like Dredd, well, no one really gives a crap about Dredd, even if it is a good movie. It's just a terrible idea for a movie from the get go, no matter how good the movie itself is.
Then next time phrase it like this instead of just "Good movies make money". And even then I can't agree, 'cause there is no obectively good move (or bad). So, allow me to completely disagree with your presenting the Hobbit as a brilliant movie.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 01-10-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #91
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I sorta misread it and what Snyder actually meant was that all he knows is that there's a Man of Steel movie and Supes is in it. Here's the paragraph that says it.

So with that, they still plan on trying to release a JLA film by 2015; man, unless they get a director soon...I don't see how that project is going to come about.

Who would have thought that the existence of a JLA film could end up being such a potential disaster for Superman's own franchise.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #92
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

"DCs icon-mashing retort to The Avengers".

Great, just the sort of marketing we need (for the MOS-universe). I can just imagine the GAs reaction to JL being made. "DC copies Marvel" and yada-yada. Great.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #93
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

JL's gonna be a clusterf*** of a movie.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #94
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah uh forget Batman, this would be fantastic IMO. I mean it sounds fantastic.
Thanks, man. Yeah, it doesn't have to be Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
"DCs icon-mashing retort to The Avengers".

Great, just the sort of marketing we need (for the MOS-universe). I can just imagine the GAs reaction to JL being made. "DC copies Marvel" and yada-yada. Great.
They'll be there opening night same as everyone else.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #95
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
They'll be there opening night same as everyone else.
Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just speaking of DCs great image they display of themselves.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #96
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm just speaking of DCs great image they display of themselves.
Let's hope the quality of DC's movies shine through all that ********.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #97
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
JL's gonna be a clusterf*** of a movie.
How can you say that about a movie that's still months away from filming, IF they film this year. I mean, nothing is set in stone. We have absolutely no idea what they are going to do with JL. We only have rumors.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #98
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Let's hope the quality of DC's movies shine through all that ********.
I'm pretty sure a JL-movie would top Avengers. Doesnt take much in my book. But I'm more concerned about MOS's image being tainted by something still half-assed. But let's see what happens...

Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #99
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
How can you say that about a movie that's still months away from filming, IF they film this year. I mean, nothing is set in stone. We have absolutely no idea what they are going to do with JL. We only have rumors.
I see intentions and I see rushing. If I end up liking what I'll be hearing and seeing I'll be the first to admit, but as of now, it looks like they have no idea what they're doing.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #100
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
We know that it's a commissioned and directionless picture that WB is now desperate to make because of the success of The Avengers. It's being made for all the wrong reasons.

Soulless is the word I'm looking for.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread