Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #751
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i know many won't like to hear this but The last stand didn't do any of the characters except wolverine any real justice and left the franchise with very little left in it, i mean cyclops and jean are dead, storm is the only original Xmen from the 3 films, and prof X could return, kitty could be in it, iceman and rogue, but colossus and angel barely did anything at all and kelsey grammer as beast may be difficult now they changed his look in first class which to go back and forth and remind general audiences that Fox can't make there minds up

and yeah maybe fans feel yeah they can bring jean and scott back and maybe could give colossus more developement ect ect but from the point of view of fox and singer, vaughn or whoever i don't know if they would really do something like that? these characters are not really important to casual audiences who may see the film, infact if they start undoing things and changing things back and forth at some point audiences will just give up on the films

and like i said i know saying this won't be popular and most will think its crap and yeah ok X4 can be done but realistically you would need a clean slate to start from, and pretty much also why i don't think any of the X3 characters will return for DOFP, esp with the horrible way X3 treated the characters and how vaughn and singer not really liking X3
As i said my belief Is It's very unlikely any actors from Last Stand who weren't In X-Men and X2 will be In DOFP and I doudt any reference will be made onscreen to film.They may even use time travel to do away with Last Stand.With as much as Hugh Jackman and James Mangold on going on about the Wolverine post The Last Stand It doesn't lool like Bryan Singer will outright Ignore Last Stand like Superman returns did to 3 and 4 like I thought
he might.

The Last Stand defently did more damage to franchise than Origins did.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #752
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i know many won't like to hear this but The last stand didn't do any of the characters except wolverine any real justice and left the franchise with very little left in it, i mean cyclops and jean are dead, storm is the only original Xmen from the 3 films, and prof X could return, kitty could be in it, iceman and rogue, but colossus and angel barely did anything at all and kelsey grammer as beast may be difficult now they changed his look in first class which to go back and forth and remind general audiences that Fox can't make there minds up

and yeah maybe fans feel yeah they can bring jean and scott back and maybe could give colossus more developement ect ect but from the point of view of fox and singer, vaughn or whoever i don't know if they would really do something like that? these characters are not really important to casual audiences who may see the film, infact if they start undoing things and changing things back and forth at some point audiences will just give up on the films

and like i said i know saying this won't be popular and most will think its crap and yeah ok X4 can be done but realistically you would need a clean slate to start from, and pretty much also why i don't think any of the X3 characters will return for DOFP, esp with the horrible way X3 treated the characters and how vaughn and singer not really liking X3
Even if we'd have had Singer's X3, Jean would be dead (in physical form, anyway, as his story had Cyclops killing her and the Phoenix evolving into a higher form, a cosmic consciousness).

Some believe Singer may not want to acknowledge X3 or work with any of its actors, and in some ways that's understandable. But, then again, the different directors brought into later films in other series (like Bond, Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games and the Marvel films) have had to work with actors they didn't cast and sets/locations they didn't choose and plot points they may not have wanted if they had the choice.

I don't mind what they choose to do with the films as long as they put some sort of masterplan in place for what's coming next and as long as we get well-made movies.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #753
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Looks like Robopocalyspse is being delayed again. Would be cool if Singer could nab Guy Diaz.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #754
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Looks like Robopocalyspse is being delayed again. Would be cool if Singer could nab Guy Diaz.
Ooooo

They already have a production designer for DOFP though right? And it's Guy Dyas. Pretty sure he's not Spanish

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-09-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #755
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Too late.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #756
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

If only the third Hobbit film could be delayed instead. Or better yet, cancelled altogether.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #757
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Too late.
Yeah, I'm fine with the guy they have now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
If only the third Hobbit film could be delayed instead. Or better yet, cancelled altogether.
Or just release on Christmas like EVERY OTHER LOTR MOVIE.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #758
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Well I can't see them banking too much hope on 7 more years of movies with a group of actors who are appearing older and older and probably aren't the keenest for a 7 year contract.
I don't think "age" is really a big issue. Look at Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr, Daniel Craig, Tom Cruise and Will Smith for example.

The box-office numbers of the original trilogy is still way better than the box-office numbers of Origins: Wolverine/First Class especially if you when you adjust the numbers. It shows that the casual viewers are more interested seeing the original cast. And to be honest, a X-Men 4 movie would earn so much money than a First Class movie with the younger version of Cyclops/Jean Grey. So there isn't really no harm in making a X-men 4 movie except for expecting the movie to be so huge at the box-office.

I get what you are saying about bringing all the original cast is a wishful thinking. I want FOX to continue the original series, but I don't want them to bring back Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Famke Jannsen, James Marsden (incase they make a good comeback story for him) and Rebecca Romijn. Some of them already died and I want X-Men to face new villains, to have new members in their team, I want the X-Men to move forward without Professor X leading them just like in the comics.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #759
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like some of them back for DOFP, but I don't think there's a need for all of them to return.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #760
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The box-office numbers of the original trilogy is still way better than the box-office numbers of Origins: Wolverine/First Class especially if you when you adjust the numbers. It shows that the casual viewers are more interested seeing the original cast.
That's not entirely true. The trilogy built up those numbers by making a good film and then a great film. Then X3 got it's numbers largely off of X2's back.

X-Men - PB $75m -- US $157m - WW $296m
X2 - PB $110m -- US $214m - WW $407m
X3 - PB $210 -- US $234 - WW $459

XOW - PB $150 -- US $179 - WW $373

XFC - PB $160 -- US $146 - WW $353

Casual viewers skipping the subsequent film is more down to declining quality than a different cast.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #761
Angamb
Banned User

I think there are more factors included too. Like marketing promo, for example.

But of course, the very first movie of the FC series with a whole new cast wouldnt get more boxoffice than X2 or X3. The ultimate challenge would have been the sequel with just the same cast

but since DOFP will have actors from original trilogy, we wont ever know what could have happen with that.

Last edited by Angamb; 01-10-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #762
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
That's not entirely true. The trilogy built up those numbers by making a good film and then a great film. Then X3 got it's numbers largely off of X2's back.

X-Men - PB $75m -- US $157m - WW $296m
X2 - PB $110m -- US $214m - WW $407m
X3 - PB $210 -- US $234 - WW $459

XOW - PB $150 -- US $179 - WW $373

XFC - PB $160 -- US $146 - WW $353

Casual viewers skipping the subsequent film is more down to declining quality than a different cast.
Quality is definitely a big factor. Singer's own X3 would have been astonishing, no doubt, had he stayed around to do it.

But familiar faces (or lack of) also has an effect. That's evident by the buzz surrounding the return of actors from the original trilogy. Whether McKellen and Stewart willl be enough to lure fans back is another matter; I think they will need some more of the old faces back.

In an alternate future, they could show Jean and Scott as alive. But that could also be confusing for mainstream viewers who don't grasp the 'alternate' concept.

I think most of us would like to see the familiar faces return, as well as the gradual introduction of new characters and the development of secondary characters like Colossus and Jubilee.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #763
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

So we've reached 'bargaining'? That's the one after denial, right?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #764
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
So we've reached 'bargaining'? That's the one after denial, right?
What's that supposed to mean?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #765
JP
Smelly

Jackman, McKellen and Stewart alone are enough to peak interest and draw crowd. Add to that 2 time Oscar nominated actress and star of the wildly popular Hunger Games franchise, Jennifer Lawrence () and the breakout star of First Class, Michael Fassbender, and you've got yourself a highly anticipated hit movie.

Halle Berry is really the only "big" name from the OT left, and she would just be icing on the cake.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #766
Angamb
Banned User

definetly.

If they get back both Hugh and Halle, the general audience will have even more interest, thats for sure.

And about x-men fans, I guess they/us would need at least two more x-men to have the highest hype

I just pray two of these are back: Kitty, Rogue, Collosus, Iceman.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #767
Angamb
Banned User

definetly.

If they get back both Hugh and Halle, the general audience will have even more interest, thats for sure.

And about x-men fans, I guess they/us would need at least two more x-men to have the highest hype

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #768
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I think people are getting carried away with the idea that Singer is going to come in and get things back on track post X3. It's never going to be like it was again. I think if anything, this will be a final swan song to the original cast (except perhaps Jackman)

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #769
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your forgetting Days of future past has star of series Hugh Jackman In It.Fox can promate the wolverine with Oscar nominee Hugh Jackman In promos.And people need to
accept the possabilty of Wolverine as time traveler in film.

I am expecting 3 more origina trilogy actors In film to join Hugh,Patrick,and Ian.That would jibe with the substantul number of oT actore report that came out after It was reported Bryan signed the deal to direct DOFP.From reports on The Wolverine we can probally count James Marsden and Famke Janssen out.So we are probally looking at Anna
Paquin,Halle Berry,and Rebecca Romijn.That would be majority of actors who were In all three films of trilogy.Bryan and Lauren Shueller Donnor may want DOFP to viewed as
X4 as well as first Class sequel.It's pure speculation on my part but only way I see Ellen Page Returning as Kitty If they couldn't make DOFP work with Anna's true blood schedule.True Blood starts filming this month and has fewer episodes ordered.DOFP starts sometime In April.Although James Mcavoy has said he doesn't start work till may.
And even then there Is Question Is ELlen Page even Intrested In returning to X-Men.She had to be begged to audition for last STand.But,maybe Bryan directing might Intrest her to return.That's pure speculation.

As for treating the fuutre as pure alternate and not a post triilogy fuutre before the time traveling.With the Wolverine suspose to tie Into DOFP I am speculating that
before time travel the fuutre Is post Trilogy+The Wolverine.However If James or Famke are announced as returning by Bryan before filming In tweet there Is no way around It
that means the future Is pure alternate.Now how the Wolverine could tie Into DOFP then who knows.

My guess If they go down the alternate path Is to treat Days of future past as pure prequel to Trilogy.The alternate future comes out of assassination magneto and brotherhood commit that leads to Sentinles.Time travel from that future prevents event and leads to Trilogy and The Wolverine coming Into bearing.That's the best way I could guess doing alternate future and connecting dots between films Bryan has mentioned.

By the time Bryan promates Jack The Giant Slayer we should have a good Idea on the cast of DOFP.Bryan Is sure to be asked DOFP questions then.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #770
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
I think people are getting carried away with the idea that Singer is going to come in and get things back on track post X3. It's never going to be like it was again. I think if anything, this will be a final swan song to the original cast (except perhaps Jackman)
dont you think Fox could want to give the x-men franchise a huge push after the big success of The Avengers, getting back most of the original cast?

as a studio point of view, this is too huge of a opportunity to miss it so quickly

We definetly are on a whole NEW era for comicbook movies, so right now most Studios are thinking bigger than before.

So... what huge thing could Fox do after Dofp?

to get the original cast back for at least one last sequel.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #771
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
definetly.

Well considering Halle Berry's post X-Men and post Die Another Die carrer hasn't been very memorial and few called her one fo favorates of trilogy I
wouldn't say she would be a general audience favorate.Today halle Is a tabloid star.X-Men would be chance for her to make news besides her custody battle and men In her life and back to carrer again.

Hugh was just nominated for an oscar and Jennifer Lawrence received her second oscar nomination.If fox doesn't use that to help promate the film I would be surprised.

There Is possibilty that both Colssus and Iceman are left out.And only 1 between Rogue or Kitty returns.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #772
Angamb
Banned User

I highly doubt Wolverine is the only x-man in this future.

if that ends being the case, Ill be dissapointed.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #773
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

My only wish is that Singer finds a way to erase the phoenix handling in X3 and does it properly. I actually enjoyed X3 though the treatment of the phoenix was very underwhelming and seemed kind of tacked on. I'm not a big brian singer fan (X2 is really the only thing I enjoyed from him), but I did appreciate how he introduced the Phoenix and gave us a taste of the direction his treatment was going in...I would like to see the Phoenix story line done properly....but that may not be possible at Fox.

And how about Mr. Sinister (and the Acolytes) or Apolocaplypse (and the four horsemen)...it would be nice to see some real grade A villains besides Magneto. I was not impressed with Shaw in First Class, but I did like White Queen.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #774
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

i think Fox ARE going to want to give the franchise a big push but I don't think they're going to rely on old actors from a franchise that struggled. I think they're going to want to take the younger actors they've got and keep going in the First Class direction.

I think it's very unlikely that they would be able to get Famke, James, Jackman, McKellan, Stewart, Page, Berry etc to a)Commit to 3 films (which let's be honest, is EXACTLY what fox will be after, a multi picture deal) and B) a lot of those actors will be starting to get too old for a 3 picture deal. Now sure, people like Jackman etc still look alright now, but 3 pictures is what, 8 to 9 years? That's a long time.

And look how a lot of you guys are acting... 3 original actors have been announced, 2 of which are the older versions of the young, First Class actors and one of them is an immortal character who looks the same. Now, not only are a lot of you ASSUMING we're going to get a cavalcade of other original trilogy characters, but talking about how this will open up another trilogy with the original actors? It's purely wishful thinking, wrapped in denial that that chapter of the X-franchise is as dead as we thought. Singer AND the original actors back has sparked a false hope, but that's NOT what we're going to get. This isn't X-Men 4, this is First Class 2.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #775
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Not so sure about that. I think it's the opposite when you consider everything Fox and Millar say they want to do. You can't try and "expand" and "broaden" out the X-Men universe while staying in the past/First Class timeline.

Closed Thread