The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 06-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #201
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Any new "Y: The Last Man" news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Someone who doesn't believe Yorick is like Sam Witwicky.
wow did that go over your head let me go again LOL

What Shia is saying is not that they are exactly the same in character but very similar in situations.Both are everyday normal kids with ambitions and dreams but get caught up in an extraordinary situation.

Sam has a loving family/friends and goes to school aswell as having a crush on a girl who is out of his league.Then the Transformers land and he is in the middle of a war with Machines of Good and Evil.

Yorrick in an everyday kid who is in college has a loving Mother and Sister aswell as his Girlfriend Beth.Then every man on Earth is killed except him and his pet monkey making him the Last Man On Earth.

What Shia is saying is he has lately been playing a normal everyday kid who gets put in the middle of life altering situations. May it be transformers landing on earth in Transformers 1 and 2. May it be a Computer telling him what to do or his life is in Danger in Eagle Eye.

He is not saying Yorrick and Sam are the same exact character just they both get put in weird life altering situations.

Last edited by Project862006; 06-27-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #202
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

Here's a review of a two-year old draft of the script by Brian K. Vaughan himself.
Quote:
It’s an accurate, clever, funny and intriguing adaptation of the comic into the film medium. As a movie it should delight, entertain and provoke as much as the original. It’s shorter, concentrated, and more punchy - but I was suprised how much I didn’t mind that it wasn’t the comic.

Oh and you’re going to love who the President is. I do so hope they keep that.
Too bad this is not the script they will use for the movie.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #203
Silvermoth
Avenger

I wonder who the President is. Does anyone have the deets?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #204
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/y-the-last-man-d...enberg/222926/

Quote:
PORTAL Short Film Director Dan Trachtenberg to Helm Y: THE LAST MAN

by Adam Chitwood Posted: January 9th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

New Line Cinema has found a director for its long-gestating adaptation of the Brian K. Vaughan graphic novel Y: The Last Man. The dystopian story centers on Yorick, the last surviving man after an epidemic kills every other mammal with a Y chromosome. We reported last September that the project was a priority for the studio and they were vetting possible directors. The pressure was on to find the right person for the pic, as a number of candidates have come and gone including DJ Caruso (Disturbia), who was attached to the project for a considerable amount of time. Now that director search has seemingly ended, as the studio has settled on commercials helmer Dan Trachtenberg to bring the adaptation to fruition. Hit the jump for more details.

Per Deadline, New Line Cinema has tapped Trachtenberg to helm the adaptation, which will mark his feature film debut. Trachtenberg made waves a couple of years ago with a short film he directed based on the video game Portal. Universal subsequently set Trachtenberg to write and direct an original pitch titled Crime of the Century, but one assumes Y: The Last Man will now be his priority.

Watch Trachtenberg’s short film below, followed by the synopsis for Y: The Last Man.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here’s the synopsis for Y: The Last Man:
Y: THE LAST MAN, winner of three Eisner Awards and one of the most critically acclaimed, best-selling comic books series of the last decade, is that rare example of a page-turner that is at once humorous, socially relevant and endlessly surprising.

Written by Brian K. Vaughan (LOST, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only human survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he’s the last man on earth. [Amazon]

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #205
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This was the other director up the job...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/09/f...-last-man-job/

Quote:
UPDATE: just to let you know where New Line's head is on this one, the other guy up for the job was the dude who made the godawful Y: The Last Man fanfilm that went everywhere last year. They just really wanted a fanfilmmaker, I guess.
Christian Cardona
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1324830/

Y: The Last Man Rising
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2265400/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #206
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Here's Trachtenberg talking about the comic a few years ago...

http://www.slashfilm.com/listen-to-d...man-from-2006/

"

Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #207
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://www.slashfilm.com/y-the-last-...ion-next-year/

Quote:
‘Y: The Last Man’ Could Go Into Production Next Year

Posted on Friday, June 14th, 2013 by Russ Fischer

It’s been six months since Dan Trachtenberg, formerly of The Totally Rad Show and director of the short Portal: No Escape, was announced as director of Y: The Last Man.

The Vertigo comic series, which follows two male beings who remain alive after mysterious circumstances kill any mammal with a Y chromosome, has been targeted for adaptation a few times in the past, but has never made the leap to the screen. In part, that’s because the comic series tells one long interlinked story about the young man Yorick and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand, as Yorick seeks to reunite with his mother, a US Congresswoman.

There’s a lot more to the story than that, of course, and that leads to the other factor: the simple fact of the post-apocalyptic, country-spanning scope of the story. Cramming it into one film didn’t seem prudent, but planning a multi-film arc based on a property the public at large doesn’t know is something that always gives studios pause.
But now David Goyer, who is producing, says the film could shoot next year.
Speaking to Crave Online about his role in the on-screen DC Universe, David Goyer answered a couple questions about Y:
We’ve got a script that’s as close as it’s ever been, so knock on wood. That could go into production next year… The first movie is meant to function as a standalone, but hopefully continue. Hopefully there will be others.
That “single film, for now” approach may not be the one that fans really want, but it’s better than nothing. Frankly, it’s as good as you’re likely to get at this point. A full film series commitment was never likely, and the idea of Y going to TV just isn’t in the cards right now.

We’ll update when casting is announced.

"

Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #208
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Anton Yelchin, that is all.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #209
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Perfect choice.

Still should be on HBO or FXX though.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #210
batboy99
BTVS

No Yelchin. Please.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #211
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm okay with yelchin

Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #212
:eek:
Side-Kick

Is Y: The Last Man Facing a Ticking Production Deadline?

Although Dan Trachtenberg was named director of a planned big screen adaptation last year, author Brian K. Vaughn today tells Comic Book Resources that the rights to Y: The Last Man could soon revert to himself and co-creator Pia Guerra if production on the feature doesn't begin soon.

"It's my understanding that the rights to 'Y: The Last Man' will revert back to co-creator Pia Guerra and me for the first time in a decade if the planned New Line adaptation doesn't start shooting in the next few months," Vaughn tells the outlet. "So I expect there will be some 'Y' news in 2014 either way."

An adaptation of Y has been targeted for development almost as far back as the property's 2002 comic book debut. The most recent iteration features a screenplay by Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia.

Y tells the story of Yorick Brown, a young man who, along with his capuchin monkey, Ampersand, somehow survives a catastrophic event that kills off every living creature with a Y chromosome. Left in a world of only women, Yorick teams with a government operative, 355, to try and uncover the truth about the plague and why he and he alone made it through alive.

Although set against an enormously scaled post-apocalyptic backdrop, the 60-issue series primarily serves as an exploration of modern gender politics and is, at its heart, an intimate coming-of-age drama.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #213
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm crossing my fingers for the rights to revert back to BKV. Do this thing serialized and on cable where it belongs.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #214
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/brian-k-vaughan-...n-panel-recap/

Quote:
Y: The Last Man Movie Plans:

New Line Cinema obtained the film rights to Y: The Last Man in 2005, and since the film never went into production in this last decade, the rights have recently reverted back to Vaughan and series co-creator Pia Guerra. However, anyone who wants to move forward with a movie adaptation at this point would have to deal with a variety of complications, due in large part to money that New Line would be owed in that scenario. But seeing as Vaughan didn’t write the comic as a roadmap to a movie, in its current form Y is “exactly what I wanted it to be.” It might happen someday, but he would rather have no movie at all over one that does disservice to the original.

"

Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #215
Blackman
C'mon Son

Make a 5 season tv show instead I say.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:36 AM   #216
Silvermoth
Avenger

It's criminal this wasn't made at the peak of its popularity

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:25 AM   #217
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Make a 5 season tv show instead I say.
I agree, this is pretty much The Walking Dead with no Zombies, and virtually no men except for Yorick, heck why even stop at 5?

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote