Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I'd love for it to be true, but it's chances are looking significantly slimmer with Affleck getting snubbed for directing.

Also, I really feel Zimmer deserved a nomination this time, regardless of what his chances were. TDKR's score was some of his most propulsive, scary and inspiring work to date. And yes, I think the chant was daring and iconic.
I think the TDKR OST was the best of the trilogy because it contained motifs and themes from the previous two movies, while also having a consistent and quality selection of new tracks as well.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #27
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Nominated for Best Cinematography.
Thanks! I figured Dark Knight was up for a few, besides Heath's win, but didn't know if Begins had nominations as well. Cool to know.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
JackWhite
Third Man

Looks like this will be the first year in a long time that I will not watch The Oscars. Waltz getting best supporting actor of Leo?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #29
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

It seems this was the year of snubs so it shouldn't be too surprising that what would have been some long shot nominations for TDKR didn't come through.

I see Nolan getting his oscar recognitions with his next pic though.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Looks like this will be the first year in a long time that I will not watch The Oscars. Waltz getting best supporting actor of Leo?
To be fair, Waltz was better than Leo. So was Samuel Jackson. If I was to be totally honest I was a little disappointed in both the character of Calvin Candie and Leo's portrayal of it. I guess I was expecting another Hans Landa. Jackson's Stephen made up for it though. So many dimensions to that character.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #31
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
To be fair, Waltz was better than Leo. So was Samuel Jackson. If I was to be totally honest I was a little disappointed in both the character of Calvin Candie and Leo's portrayal of it. I guess I was expecting another Hans Landa. Jackson's Stephen made up for it though. So many dimensions to that character.
I could accept Jackson getting the nod, stellar performance from him. But to me, even though I really enjoyed Waltz, I felt he was just Hans Landa with a conscience. But yeah, at least it got a best pic nom, even though we know it has a snowballs chance in hell to win.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
bane
TEH PUFFY

TDKR was snubbed (that's a FACT ), but think of it this way, most of the nominated movies if all, won't be remembered in a few years. Same situation with Blade Runner no noms , no awards.
The BIG nomination joke is with Skyfall, which is the most mediocre "blockbuster" this year(I would not have been pissed off if Avengers got the spot). Casion Royale just blows this movie out of the water, it's just pathetic. Even the cinematography is not that great, "The Master" for example kills it.

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
regwec
Shakespearo

Have another underripe grape.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Wait...Blade Runner was never nominated for anything?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #35
J.Howlett

Nice blurb about Nolan. http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/the-...e/#more-401073

Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #36
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I still can't believe that the only other Batman movie (discounting the old campy 1966 spin off TV show one) to get no Oscar nominations at all is Batman and Robin!

I reckon it's Bane's fault. He's in both movies. He's a jinx!

- The Joker
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #37
TheBlur
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Rises wasn't nominated for ANYTHING?!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Nolan knows that TDKR has its loyal fans, so that's all that he should care about with making TDKR. The film will have its loyal fanbase and for people like me who claims TDKR to be the best of the trilogy as well.

Can't wait for Interstellar

Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #39
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

Don't delude yourselves...TDKR is no Blade Runner. It's no TDK either. While I'd argue it might be a better film than a couple of nominees, it doesn't particularly DESERVE to win anything. In no category would I say it's a better quality or more inventive film than everything else nominated. Including cinematography. The only category where it was my favorite thing of the year was the score.

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #40
Frodo
Side-Kick

TDK was the film that needed to be nominated for best picture imo, but as Alfred said,"That time has passed". I really can't say that TDKR should have been nominated for best picture. Sorry,it just wasn't there imo. Neither was Avengers or Skyfall even though I really enjoyed them as well.

TDKR has some solid performances but I couldn't say they were Oscar worthy. The script had alot of flaws which make it tough for the Academy to seriously consider it for best screenplay. It could be argued however, that it should have at least gotten some technical nods . That said, its hard to deny that TDKR was snubbed , but in this case ,I can't say the Academy is wrong or evil for not nominating it.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I still can't believe that the only other Batman movie (discounting the old campy 1966 spin off TV show one) to get no Oscar nominations at all is Batman and Robin!

I reckon it's Bane's fault. He's in both movies. He's a jinx!
Haha! I agree. Valid point and connection made there.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
DACrowe
Side-Kick

It was snubbed. We all should have seen it coming. Honestly, it isn't in my top 5 this year (unlike BB and TDK for their years), so I am not really too annoyed. I'd give that tenth slot to Moonrise Kingdom before TDKR.

However, I do think it was one of the ten best movies this year and know it will live on as a classic, so I do not really care.

--John Adams
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #43
TheBlur
Side-Kick

I mean, TDKR is my personal favorite movie ever, I loved every single second of it, but I can understand it not being nominated for the big awards. But not to get ANY nominations? Not a single one? No technical nods? Score? Special effects? NOTHING? That's just absurd.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #44
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
It was snubbed. We all should have seen it coming. Honestly, it isn't in my top 5 this year (unlike BB and TDK for their years), so I am not really too annoyed. I'd give that tenth slot to Moonrise Kingdom before TDKR.

However, I do think it was one of the ten best movies this year and know it will live on as a classic, so I do not really care.
Pretty much my stance on this as well. I could've seen it being nominated for the achievement represented by the entire trilogy though.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #45
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

The outright snub isn't a big deal (Snow White and the Huntsman for visual effects? lol) this year's Oscars are bi-polar as hell. Bigelow should have been a lock for Best Director. Those old men in the Academy were smoking some strong stuff this winter.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #46
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
It's legacy will be that of a classic "fail." People will look back on these and go "Nolans batman movies were so good...except for that last one...yeahhhh"

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #47
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
The outright snub isn't a big deal (Snow White and the Huntsman for visual effects? lol)
K- Stew probably did a few favours.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #48
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkull View Post
It's legacy will be that of a classic "fail." People will look back on these and go "Nolans batman movies were so good...except for that last one...yeahhhh"
Will The Avengers be looked at as a massive fail in the future? It recently "won" an online Los Angeles Times poll as the most overrated film of 2012 in a landslide with 85 percent.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
K- Stew probably did a few favours.
It's nomination reminds of me of The Golden Compass' laughable nomination and subsequent win. Snow White will probably follow suit.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #50
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
It's nomination reminds of me of The Golden Compass' laughable nomination and subsequent win. Snow White will probably follow suit.
Dude, I don't know. The visual effects in Snow White are quite striking. I mean, there's some seriously brilliant imagery in that film, especially on the visual effects side.

I'm not that bent on Snow White getting a visual effects nomination.

Closed Thread