The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #51
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Default Re: Things that bug you.

I've always considered Carnage "The Joker" of the world of Spider-Man. I liked him, more than Venom at times.

One thing that really is beginning to bug me more and more is the lack of animated Spider-Man films...

Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

It kinda bugs me that we've gone about 10 years without the real Venom now. I love Remender and I think Venom is a solid book (haven't caught up with Bunn's first two issues yet), but I just miss Eddie as the mighty hulking behemoth that was the original Venom. I liked New Ways To Die, but he hasn't been any real sort of a threat since the Marvel Knights arc.

I don't like fans obsessively *****ing about current ASM stories, something that I'll admit I was privy to years back. As far as I can tell we've had it a loooot better for the past 150 issues than we did in a while, even with the recent switch-up.

And I wish we could get some consistency in the art, as in not changing it around every 3 - 4 issues. Nothing irritates me more than when the artist changes mid-story.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #53
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

The recent decision to put somebody other than Peter in the webs. >

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #54
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I like that somebody.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #55
J. J. Jameson
There and back again.

It bugs me that Amazing Spider-Man (or Superior Spider-Man) has lost all sense of maturity since the OMD debacle. Seriously, a lot of times it reads like one of those kids' "Marvel Age" comics. I realize they want the book to have a wild appeal, but for goodness sake, at least bring us the early years JMS level of maturity to the book. Back in the early days of JMS's run, Pete, MJ, Aunt May, etc. behaved and talked and interacted like REAL adults.

It also bugs me that people sing Dan Slott's praise. He's not a very good comic book writer.

It bugs me that Aunt May has "de-aged" instead of gotten older as time goes by.

It bugs me that Gwen screwing Norman wasn't retconned. Officially I mean. In my mind, it never happened. I'll never forgive Marvel for that.

It bugged me that OMIT showed that the unmasking/Aunt May getting shot/etc. could have been solved without touching the Parker marriage.

J. J. Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #56
Fox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. J. Jameson View Post
It bugs me that Amazing Spider-Man (or Superior Spider-Man) has lost all sense of maturity since the OMD debacle. Seriously, a lot of times it reads like one of those kids' "Marvel Age" comics. I realize they want the book to have a wild appeal, but for goodness sake, at least bring us the early years JMS level of maturity to the book. Back in the early days of JMS's run, Pete, MJ, Aunt May, etc. behaved and talked and interacted like REAL adults.

It also bugs me that people sing Dan Slott's praise. He's not a very good comic book writer.

It bugs me that Aunt May has "de-aged" instead of gotten older as time goes by.

It bugs me that Gwen screwing Norman wasn't retconned. Officially I mean. In my mind, it never happened. I'll never forgive Marvel for that.

It bugged me that OMIT showed that the unmasking/Aunt May getting shot/etc. could have been solved without touching the Parker marriage.
Yeah. Haven't read Slott's work (yet, maybe never. We'll see.) And I agree with the rest of those. In my mind, the story of Spider-man ends after 'the book of ezekiel' and he lives happily ever after. The end.

Maybe I'll reconsider when someone starts writing the character with some respect, and less of this spectacle trite.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #57
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
It kinda bugs me that we've gone about 10 years without the real Venom now. I love Remender and I think Venom is a solid book (haven't caught up with Bunn's first two issues yet), but I just miss Eddie as the mighty hulking behemoth that was the original Venom. I liked New Ways To Die, but he hasn't been any real sort of a threat since the Marvel Knights arc.
This. Eddie will always be Venom to me. Passing the symbiote around from host to host really started to ruin the character.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

It irks me that they tried to connect Spideys' origins to magic or something of the sorts. He wasn't meant to be one of the magic-based heroes like Dr. Strange and was somehow cosmically (I think?) meant to get these powers. He's a science-wiz who got his powers through science and an accident, making his 'Great Responsibility' motto more effective.

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #59
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

That people ***** non-stop about a certain comic before it comes out and then turn around and love it when they *gasp* actually read it.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #60
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
That people ***** non-stop about a certain comic before it comes out and then turn around and love it when they *gasp* actually read it.

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
JaredRmz
Newbie First Class

I TOTALLY HATE THE WAY THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN COMIC SERIES END!!! The ultimate spiderman died in a heroically, sad way and it only lasted 10 years, but dude the 50 years old legendary spiderman, who has a lot of years of trajectory, with an infinity of possibilities to end his life, they choose a freaking cable disconnection???? What were they thinking about, my lord, even Joel ( devil's crotch) Schumacher would wrote it better... I didn't have the courage to wipe my ass with this end, because my ass is pretty dirty already!!!

I hope this doc ock/ spidey thing ends soon, and magically return Peter to life again, so we can get the epic finale we all wanted, we all deserve.

Last edited by JaredRmz; 01-17-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Because I say so
JaredRmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #62
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

The story of Harry Osborn after his revival since BND
He blames Spider-Man for everything, from why his father became a villain to everything wrong in his life

-"Spider-Man cost me the love of my father"

-"Spider-Man cost me my girlfriend"

-"Spider-Man made my son hate me"

Spidey (after Peter takes control of his body again) should sit down with Harry and have a heart to heart talk, remind him what a great guy he was before turning Goblin, and not having any reason to be as boneheaded as he is now when it comes to Spider-Man

Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #63
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

-Dan Slott bugs me, as well as people who spell Spider-Man without the hyphen, or people who spell Iron Man with a hyphen!

-Ultimate Spider-Man (series, not the comics) bugs me to no end. They took Deadpool's personality, toned it down for kids, and gave it to Spidey! What the hell?! Not only that, but there has hardly been a serious episode. Even Power Rangers was serious when it needed to be!

-The entire Sam Raimi trilogy irritated me, as well as parts from TASM.

Anyways, I could go on but I'll stop.

Last edited by PeterBenParker; 05-25-2013 at 11:23 AM.
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #64
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

It bugged me that Stan lee hated the Spider-man TV series so much because it wasn't exactly like the comic books and then he declared in an interview that he loved the Japanese Spider-man TV series that had nothing to do with the comic books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
As for Black Cat being a Catwoman rip off, read this:
http://www.comicvine.com/black-cat/29-1479/

She was meant to be a Spider-Woman villain.
I'm sorry, how does that make her NOT a rip-off?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote