The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #51
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Why were there bullets hitting the ground? lol

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Man, the things some people notice. I've never paid attention THAT closely to count how many people actually fell from being shot or noticing bullets hitting the ground, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Are you guys seriously gonna nitpick the battle and how they charge at each other now!? Only on the internet. And especially on the hype.
You guys are a real pleasure to have a discussion with.

I don't think I'm nitpicking to notice this or to consider it unrealistic. Also, this thread is for discussing the film in detail. Also, I liked TDKR overall, and have said this many a time.

I find it funny how noticing small positive details about a film is embraced by fans as "oh, that's so cool! I never noticed it before!" But if you critique a film or have a different opinion, it is met by "oh are you guys serious? Nitpickers! Stereotypical internet nerds!"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #53
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Its not like I said I dislike the movie or anything. I gave it an 8/10 overall score, which is pretty darn good.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #54
Cory
Reek

its January of 2013... TDKR came out in July of 2012... if you are still in the general discussion thread, what else do you expect besides nitpicking.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #55
kvz5
HBIC

"So you turned down directing Justice League?"

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #56
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Nitpicking: adj. "looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, esp. in order to criticize unnecessarily."

I don't think that's what we're doing, and I don't think it is accurate to assume that anyone in a TDKR thread this long after the film's release is only here to comb the movie for unimportant errors or faults.

Framing a discussion as "nitpicking" is an easy derogatory way to appear aloof and above the discussion without contributing anything meaningful to it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #57
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Nitpicking: adj. "looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, esp. in order to criticize unnecessarily."

I don't think that's what we're doing, and I don't think it is accurate to assume that anyone in a TDKR thread this long after the film's release is only here to comb the movie for unimportant errors or faults.

Framing a discussion as "nitpicking" is an easy derogatory way to appear aloof and above the discussion without contributing anything meaningful to it.
im not assuming that all you are doing is nitpicking...merely pointing out how lame it is for people to complain about people looking at things into detail... its been MONTHS since release... so why not?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #58
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
im not assuming that all you are doing is nitpicking...merely pointing out how lame it is for people to complain about people looking at things into detail... its been MONTHS since release... so why not?
Yeah, I agree with you there.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #59
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
**points to door**
Gladly.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #60
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
How could you not? Nolan gives us an extended shot highlighting that very thing.
Excuse me if I didn't take time out to count how many officers fell down after being shot

Quote:
You guys are a real pleasure to have a discussion with.

I don't think I'm nitpicking to notice this or to consider it unrealistic. Also, this thread is for discussing the film in detail. Also, I liked TDKR overall, and have said this many a time.

I find it funny how noticing small positive details about a film is embraced by fans as "oh, that's so cool! I never noticed it before!" But if you critique a film or have a different opinion, it is met by "oh are you guys serious? Nitpickers! Stereotypical internet nerds!"
And excuse me if I didn't think anyone would pause a movie to count how many fell to the ground or how many bullets just fell to the ground. I never said this is awful nitpicking, only that I'm surprised anyone's bringing this up, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post

"So you turned down directing Justice League?"
Jon Lovitz will, Bale!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #61
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And excuse me if I didn't think anyone would pause a movie to count how many fell to the ground or how many bullets just fell to the ground. I never said this is awful nitpicking, only that I'm surprised anyone's bringing this up, that's all.
I never had to pause the film or count. Its pretty clear from even a cursory glance at the scene that even though Bane's men are firing high powered weapons, you don't have lines of police men falling - which would happen in that sort of charge even with antiquated weapons - but rather you have about four guys fall dead and that's it. Its not something that has to be micro-analyzed to be noticed.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
Sgt. Fury
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never had to pause the film or count. Its pretty clear from even a cursory glance at the scene that even though Bane's men are firing high powered weapons, you don't have lines of police men falling - which would happen in that sort of charge even with antiquated weapons - but rather you have about four guys fall dead and that's it. Its not something that has to be micro-analyzed to be noticed.
I agree with you. I didn't pause the film to count bodies. But when I watched it, I saw a tightly grouped together set of men running headlong into multiple automatic weapons fire, and hardly a person dropped. It just didn't seem right to me.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #63
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

The worst part was the criminals dropping their weapons to fight melee style, one on one.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #64
Sgt. Fury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
The worst part was the criminals dropping their weapons to fight melee style, one on one.
I think they figured out they had been given blanks by Bane, so they did what they could.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #65
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Something that should be noted, it's that the film is intended for a broader audience. It is PG-13, there are things that just can't be showed. It's the suggestion of violence that is at work here, and I thing Nolan did a good job, not only here, but on TDK as well.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #66
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't think the film rating was the issue. There are plenty of PG-13 films in which a whole line of soldiers falls to gunfire.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #67
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

The truth is that Bane was so preoccupied in training the men in the ancient art of Ninja that he neglected their weapons training. That Bane....

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #68
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The truth is that Bane was so preoccupied in training the men in the ancient art of Ninja that he neglected their weapons training. That Bane....
Ra's League didn't do much with guns either besides swords, so maybe it's a League thing...they overlook training their men on how to shoot properly, lol.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #69
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

*Walks in, looks around and walks out.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #70
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

So, the blu-ray has been sitting on my shelf for over a month now and I'm finally feeling the realization that this series has ended. For so many years I watched Begins and TDK and wondered where the story would go next, always knowing that someday I'd see it. But now it's all over. No more Bale growl. No more Tumblr. No more tangerines.

These movies bookmark my teenage years and I'll always remember them for that. As well as for everything that makes them great, every little thing that irks me and every ridiculous high and miserable low before and after their releases. It's been a ride that lasted almost a decade, and what a ride it's been.

Free Original Music
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #71
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
So, the blu-ray has been sitting on my shelf for over a month now and I'm finally feeling the realization that this series has ended. For so many years I watched Begins and TDK and wondered where the story would go next, always knowing that someday I'd see it. But now it's all over. No more Bale growl. No more Tumblr. No more tangerines.

These movies bookmark my teenage years and I'll always remember them for that. As well as for everything that makes them great, every little thing that irks me and every ridiculous high and miserable low before and after their releases. It's been a ride that lasted almost a decade, and what a ride it's been.
That's the spirit. These films are ours now. To love, nitpick, cherish, laugh at, reminisce over...whatever we want. For me they marked me entering my 20s and beginning adulthood. It sure was great to take something so beloved from my childhood and have it be such a huge presence through the first half of my 20s. Following these films so closely has been a deeply rewarding experience for me, and one I'd do over in a heartbeat.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #72
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That's the spirit. These films are ours now. To love, nitpick, cherish, laugh at, reminisce over...whatever we want. For me they marked me entering my 20s and beginning adulthood. It sure was great to take something so beloved from my childhood and have it be such a huge presence through the first half of my 20s. Following these films so closely has been a deeply rewarding experience for me, and one I'd do over in a heartbeat.
I was 19 when I first saw BB. I'll never forget that moment of seeing Bruce and Ra's on the ice, sword fighting. I had no idea I would follow these films like I ended up doing. So thankful for Nolan, Bale and everyone else who were involved with creating this amazing trilogy.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #73
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I was 19 when I first saw BB. I'll never forget that moment of seeing Bruce and Ra's on the ice, sword fighting. I had no idea I would follow these films like I ended up doing. So thankful for Nolan, Bale and everyone else who were involved with creating this amazing trilogy.
I was 18, but turned 19 that summer so right there with ya.

But yes, I remember during the ice sword fight in particular I was just thinking, "I cannot believe they are getting away with doing this kind of Batman movie". Imagine my surprise and delight when I found myself thinking the same thing for the next two films.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #74
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I was 18, but turned 19 that summer so right there with ya.

But yes, I remember during the ice sword fight in particular I was just thinking, "I cannot believe they are getting away with doing this kind of Batman movie". Imagine my surprise and delight when I found myself thinking the same thing for the next two films.
I thought that a lot throughout BB the first time. That movie blew my teenage batfan mind. The tumbler chase was orgasmic.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 01-12-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #75
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Geez, just got a look at the Bat Man sculpture. It's a FAT Bat man. Makes sense seeing as it'll hang from an excersize room ceiling

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread