The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #351
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
If Marvel and Sony agreed to put the Oscorp building in Avengers, they're cooperating, and Sony would benefit from Spider-Man being in Avengers 2, which would be the biggest freaking movie ever made. That would be cool if they put Stark Tower in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Where were the Avengers when New York was on the verge of being taken over by giant lizards?

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #352
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Where were the Avengers when New York was on the verge of being taken over by giant lizards?
Eating shawarma.
They figured they'd just saved the Earth from alien invaders and renegade deities; let Spidey handle the lizards.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #353
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Eating shawarma.
They figured they'd just saved the Earth from alien invaders and renegade deities; let Spidey handle the lizards.
Answer accepted. Well done.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #354
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
While the minority would have a fit, the majority would completely nerd out at seeing the Big Five together on the big screen. There are so many things you could do, and it would help rake in even more money than the first movie (good for Marvel, better for Sony).
I just erased everything I just typed, I will leave you with this.

Just let it go.

Quote:
Eating shawarma.
yup

Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #355
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I wonder if Ant-Man (& possibly Wasp) will be in Avengers 2. They could use the movie as sort of a promotion for the movie, seeing how Ant-Man might be a hard sell. But I can also see Marvel not wanting to confuse audiences with this random ass new hero who's all of a sudden an Avenger.

It'll be interesting to see how Marvel deals with that character.

My guess is that Hank & Jan will either be in A2 in a minor way or they will be referenced. Perhaps they will be scientists working with SHIELD to start, not using (or gaining) their size-changing abilities until they appear in Ant-Man. However they're handled, I would be willing to bet that Marvel manages to introduce them to the general audience in some way.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #356
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
My guess is that Hank & Jan will either be in A2 in a minor way or they will be referenced. Perhaps they will be scientists working with SHIELD to start, not using (or gaining) their size-changing abilities until they appear in Ant-Man. However they're handled, I would be willing to bet that Marvel manages to introduce them to the general audience in some way.
Yeah, that's my bet, too. By the time TA2 starts filming, Edgar Wright *should* have Ant-Man in the can (so to speak...), so Hank and Janet (and maybe even Scott Lang) would be available for guest shots in Avengers 2. So basically, they could be introduced in Avengers 2, and then audiences can catch their solo (duo? trio?) film just 6 months later.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #357
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Adding someone who's not well known will be bad.

As for Antman, that's cheesy. Sorry. He doesn't fit in the movie.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 01-10-2013 at 11:02 PM.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #358
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm pretty much with you that the MCU and TASM can co-mingle, but you are way off here. Ant-Man is most certainly an Avenger, in fact he is more of an Avenger than a solo hero. I'd venture to say that we only get one Ant-Man film and then the rest of his appearance will be in Avenger movies.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #359
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Yeah, that's my bet, too. By the time TA2 starts filming, Edgar Wright *should* have Ant-Man in the can (so to speak...), so Hank and Janet (and maybe even Scott Lang) would be available for guest shots in Avengers 2. So basically, they could be introduced in Avengers 2, and then audiences can catch their solo (duo? trio?) film just 6 months later.

Then the question is, which female Avenger will be added to the permanent roster in A2 if Jan is a background character. Although I would prefer to see the Scarlet Witch, I would be willing to bet that Danvers gets the call. It will be interesting to see how her origin and powers are handled if she is added to the team.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #360
OB12
Side-Kick

I could see Danvers being in Avengers 2. Wouldn't be surprised if Danvers has some appearances in SHIELD and possibly a role in GOTG.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #361
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12
I'm pretty much with you that the MCU and TASM can co-mingle, but you are way off here. Ant-Man is most certainly an Avenger, in fact he is more of an Avenger than a solo hero. I'd venture to say that we only get one Ant-Man film and then the rest of his appearance will be in Avenger movies.
There are other characters I want to see in the Avengers more than Hank. I don't dislike him in any way, but I don't find his character interesting either.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #362
OB12
Side-Kick

If they took some tips from Hank in A:EMH then that is a very compelling character. A reluctant hero, a pacifist really who believes that the world can achieve peace through science, he'd rather try to rehabilitate the villians than knock them cold. Hank joins SHIELD against his better judgement, thinking that he can have a greater influence to bring about peace, but in an ironic twist he creates the greatest threat to human existance.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #363
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:

You haven't watch Avengers: EMH, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Then the question is, which female Avenger will be added to the permanent roster in A2 if Jan is a background character. Although I would prefer to see the Scarlet Witch, I would be willing to bet that Danvers gets the call. It will be interesting to see how her origin and powers are handled if she is added to the team.
If Thanos IS the villain, I think they can tie Ms. (Captain?) Marvel's powers into the movie somehow. Introducing her in SHIELD would be the best idea though, especially if the Kree somehow get involved (perhaps as a tie-in to GOTG).

Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #364
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader
You haven't watch Avengers: EMH, have you?
No, superhero cartoons are for fanboys and five year olds.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #365
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Wow

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-12-2013 at 12:53 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #366
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
And superhero movies are for the sophisticated and cultured?? Whatever dude, don't act like you are above superhero cartoons when you are actively participating in a superhero forum.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #367
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob12
and superhero movies are for the sophisticated and cultured?? Whatever dude, don't act like you are above superhero cartoons when you are actively participating in a superhero forum.
Hahahahahahahaha...

Old 01-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #368
OrgasmicPotatoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
As much as the Avengers sequel is going to be a continuation of whatever happens in other films such as Iron Man 3, Thor 2 etc, it's also got to be recognisably a follow up to The Avengers and as such it should build on the dynamics already established by that film.
If you want it to build on the dynamics already established in The Avengers, it means it must be the other way 'round. The Avengers sequel is not a continuation of IM3, T:TDW and CA:TWS, The Avengers sequel must be a continuation of The Avengers, while being set after the events of the precedent MCU movies.

Do you see how much they cared about Cap finding out what hapenned to Peggy or Thor trying to find Jane back, and not a word on Beth and Banner (although it could be argued that storyline is now over). I think they will (and should) keep The Avengers with the Avengers, and the other series where they belong, with little crossover on some occasion, like Nick Fury appearing everywhere, Cap's shield in Tony's house, ect.

OrgasmicPotatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #369
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm venom View Post
no, superhero cartoons are for fanboys and five year olds.
welp

Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #370
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
"I only watch mature television for mature people, such as myself." ~You

Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #371
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
So are comic books and superheroes .

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #372
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I don't understand why fans treat shared universes as if they're rocket science. Where were they, you wonder? Doing something different and being somewhere else either as a team or individually. I don't see why a more detailed explanation beyond that. Plus, if the comics and cartoons can get away with that despite every single superhero operating in New York (something that has bugged me for years about Marvel btw), then I don't see why the MCU can't get away with it especially since there are currently, at least to our knowledge, no superheroes operating in NYC other than Spider-Man. It all makes sense.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #373
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

On the topic of Spider-Man being in future Avengers movies, I recently gave it a deeper thought and I'm afraid Spider-Man may just not work due to being too big of a character for Avengers. Usually in a superhero team, the most popular members are the ones that end up throwing the final blow and saving the day. Case and point: in the first Avengers movie, Iron Man is the one who saves the day and because he is the most popular. Same thing will apply to the Justice League movie. It's pretty obvious that Batman and Superman will be the JL members that will throw the final blow and save the day in the end because they're DC's most popular characters. Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character so he may be the one throwing the final hit at the end. That's where the problem lies.

In the DC universe, Batman and Superman are "The Main Men" and seen as the top superheroes by almost everyone. Superman is the guy that everyone aspires to be like and Batman is the guy everyone knows they shouldn't mess with. So when DC has Batman and/or Superman be the guys throwing the final hit in the end, it isn't just because they're the top selling characters and want to please the fans but it also makes sense within the context of the DC universe because their popularity in real life is equal to the weight they carry with them in the DC universe. Same thing can be said about Iron Man throwing the final blow in The Avengers - he isn't just the most popular member to the viewers but he is also the team leader (at least in most versions) so it usually makes sense.

The same thing can't be said about Spider-Man. Although he is equal with Batman and Superman in popularity and iconic image, his popularity and iconic status in real life doesn't reflect his popularity and iconic status in the Marvel universe. In the Marvel universe, Spider-Man is more of an outsider that does his own thing and has trouble fitting into the superhero community (even though he has been in the Avengers for a few years now). He's not really a big shot in the Marvel universe so having him be the one throwing the final throw and having all his attention focused on him during that moment as opposed to Iron Man or Cap would be really weird and wouldn't exactly fit his character. At the same time, Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character so you can't exactly have him sitting next to guys like Ant-Man and Hawkeye while Iron Man and Cap are giving order to all the members on the team looking all cool and heroic to the viewer. People will say that Spider-Man should've had more time to shine, both comic book fans and the GA. Thus Spider-Man may be too big of a character for Avengers. This is a problem that the comics have too. Notice how usually whenever there is a big Avengers or big superhero event where Spider-Man participates in along with multiple superheroes, he is usually written as the comic relief (something I dislike) as opposed to more serious and with a good amount of character development (like he is written in his own comics). I'm not saying that it can't be done but it will definitely be a bit difficult fitting in a character like him into the Avengers. But if Marvel does want him on the team, they probably have a plan for him by now.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #374
OrgasmicPotatoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
He's not really a big shot in the Marvel universe
Are you kidding me ? Spider-Man is not a big shot in the Marvel universe ? He's like, the most known superhero Marvel have. If anything, he's right after Batman and Superman in terms of being "big shot". Now please don't go all hipster on me telling me how Black Panther or Ms Marvel is bigger than him.

OrgasmicPotatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #375
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Black Panther and Ms. Marvel aren't bigger but they deserve to be in an Avengers sequel more than Spider-Man. Spidey is great as a one man show, Ms. Marvel and Panther are perfect for Avengers especially Ms. Marvel who probably will never have a solo movie. Not to mention they both are better known as Avengers than Spidey.

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote