The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #226
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Next Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the hulkbuster armor would be a tad to much?
Like it's cool in the comics but it'd be another thing entirely to put in a movie. I just think it'd be a little ridiculous.
And yeah you could say 'well sure a guy turning big and green when he's angry is ridiculous' but you get what I'm saying here, I'm just skeptical of them being able to properly translate that into a movie.
There's always someone that says that about anything in a Comic book movie. When its all suppose to be fantasy anyway. One of the reasons for Marvel Studio's success is that they don't run away from there comic properties like lets say Fox does.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #227
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Can't say I'm aware of any instance, but then again I don't read them regularly. I did a quick google image check and saw that the cartoon has an arctic armour, which I would, at a guess say is the most recent instance of its use. It doesn't strike me as one of the more popular or requested armour features.

I could easily see an arctic or thermal feature just being a standard design feature in the average Iron Man armour (especially after IM1) rather than a suit specifically designed for the arctic (or upper atmosphere or whatever). They could just have bits of the normal armour plating pop up a bit to show a few red lights to signify its thermal capabilities.
That's a fair point, given how high tech Tony's armor is there really isn't a reason he couldn't have a thermal feature or indeed a feature that allows him to go underwater built into his regular armor.

Quote:
Edit: Nice find on the art. Really good pic. However, I prefer the design of the armour in the previous picture. With that one I can see why some people may have problems with the design. It would look good in a comic or a cartoon, but the other pic looks like it's been updated/adapted for the big screen.
Agreed, I just loved the imagery of that piece of art. I also came across this more direct movi-ized version.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #228
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Interesting design, though if we were to see something similar on screen I'm not sure whether I'd want to see such a domed head or at least not quite in those proportions.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #229
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Interesting design, though if we were to see something similar on screen I'm not sure whether I'd want to see such a domed head or at least not quite in those proportions.
Yeah, I'd like to see the helmet redesigned a bit, make it a touch more angular or tapered in at the neck.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #230
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
I think we'll see the Hulkbuster in Avengers 2

Someone manipulates Banner into turning into the Hulk. Stark flies in with the hulkbuster to contain hulk.
idk. Have Thor deal with Hulk again.

He is the only one capable of putting him down if he wants to.

Hulk has had enough time as the monster. let him be a full fledged hero in Avengers 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I am genuinely curious about this widespread need to see the Hulkbuster armor. It looks incredibly stupid to me on the pages of the comic book, and it seems offensive in the movieverse where Tony´s respect for Bruce and his understanding and faith in the Hulk was an ongoing theme and a treat to watch.
exactly. We don't need a hulk buster. just a cameo would be fine. but that's IT

Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #231
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Aaaand to steer the conversation away from weird bulky suits and onto current ones: do you guys think Tony will be controlling his suit with his mind or through some tech parts installed into him?

To make myself clear: is Extremis something that messes with his brain (making him able to talk to computers), or something that messes with his body (like his bracelets in Avengers, but installed under his skin)?

I know the answer in comicverse, and frankly it does not make an ounce of sense, and I hope they really polish it for the movie - maybe tie in with JARVIS, IDK.

Matarreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #232
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Hulk has had enough time as the monster. let him be a full fledged hero in Avengers 2.

We've seen Thor vs Hulk already.

Hulk is never going to just a hero as the very nature of the beast is to ride the line and that's the compelling tragedy of his story.

It would be a sequence not a cameo, Tony donning it once to restrain Hulk within the movies story.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #233
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Lava armor would be good, have a new secret hideout base near a volcano.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #234
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I wouldn't mind seeing Iron Man's Marvel Now armour at some point on screen.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #235
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I'm with ya there. I mean, I still think of Ironman as Red and Gold. I am not a fan of the new armor still in this movie. Though it's probably just to distinguish it as extremis, if you will, opposed to just word of mouth, so that it's recognizable. Considering ALL of stark's armors in the MCU look similar to the extremis suit, in a way.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #236
Just one more
Side-Kick

Nice.

On a side note, the domed head on the HulkBuster armor does look a little silly. I do see however how it would help prevent Hulk from just ripping off IM's head. Much more difficult to grip.

Just one more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #237
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

I've never seen this armor before but count me in one wanting to see it onscreen. Does it have any special features?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #238
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm not sure. I think it's just his standard Marvel Now armour. I haven't read any Iron Man lately.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #239
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I think we'll eventually see Stark develop an armor just for space, kind of like the "Godkiller" one they are showcasing in the newest Iron Man issue and from his upcoming tour with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #240
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Stark could have the armor in case of needing it but then use it to fight someon other than the hulk.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #241
Rylvan
Side-Kick

Like the Abomination maybe? (Big fan of Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky here)

Last edited by Rylvan; 01-16-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Rylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #242
ultimatereserve
Side-Kick

Pop Vinyl Figures has a "Deep Space" Iron Man figure, I have never seen that suit in the comics, It may have somthing to do with GOTG and Iron Man.

ultimatereserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #243
DrDoom
Dictator

Yeah, he probably came up with the idea when he went through the portal in The Avengers and his suit shut down

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #244
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #245
Lord
All Mighty

No armor survive, well, i think this is a time as good as any to guess the armor for Avengers 2 or even for the next Iron Man movies.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #246
Adamantium
Your King

Well, he could always get Iron Patriot back and make it War Machine again.

I love the Black and Gold from the MARVEL NOW Series. But with a cosmic threat occurring again in Avengers 2, then Tony could recreate Gemini. Was Gemini even in the final battle? I assume so, but you never know.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #247
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Well, he could always get Iron Patriot back and make it War Machine again.

I love the Black and Gold from the MARVEL NOW Series. But with a cosmic threat occurring again in Avengers 2, then Tony could recreate Gemini. Was Gemini even in the final battle? I assume so, but you never know.
The Gemini armor was in the final battle, as was every armor he had ever built up to that point. All 42, including the Mark II, which he had converted back from War Machine.

As it stands, the only armor that HASN'T been destroyed is the Iron Patriot/War Machine Mk II armor.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #248
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
Aaaand to steer the conversation away from weird bulky suits and onto current ones: do you guys think Tony will be controlling his suit with his mind or through some tech parts installed into him?

To make myself clear: is Extremis something that messes with his brain (making him able to talk to computers), or something that messes with his body (like his bracelets in Avengers, but installed under his skin)?

I know the answer in comicverse, and frankly it does not make an ounce of sense, and I hope they really polish it for the movie - maybe tie in with JARVIS, IDK.
Both.

Extremis in the comics functions non to different than it did in the film, in that it rewrites the immune system of the host, and and basically super charges user in the following ways:

Quote:
Superhuman Strength: An Extremis subject's strength can be increased to superhuman levels, providing the user enough strength to toss cars and people with relative ease, break someone's skull with a single punch, counter Iron Man's superhuman physical blows, break Iron Man's bones with ease through the suit, rip the highly durable suit apart without effort, and even use the "blade" of a bulldozer as a blunt force object.

Superhuman Speed: An Extremis subject can move and run at incredible speeds up to 300mph, although it is unknown if this is the top speed an Extremis subject can move at.

Superhuman Stamina: The nanobots provided Mallen with almost unlimited stamina, with no need to eat, drink or breathe air.

Superhuman Durability: Extremis-enhanced beings have greater resistance to physical injury than an ordinary human. They are able to withstand bullet impacts and direct fire of Repulsor Blasts without feeling pain, at a potency higher than which a Repulsor Blast needs to have to cut through metal, only suffering minor wounds. Iron Man's uni-beam only caused Mallen great discomfort without injury.

Fire-Breathing: At the user's discretion, his/her lungs fill with fire plasma which he/she can exhale through his/her mouth. Mallen torched a lobby full of people through this method.

Claw-like pincers: An Extremis subject can unsheathe stings from his/her fingertips. They are very durable, and in conjunction with super-strength, they can be used by the Extremis subject to claw through a converter box.

Electrical discharge: Extremis-enhanced beings are able to discharge extremely powerful electrical currents through his/her hands which seemed to emanate from his chest through his arms.

Healing Factor: Extremis-enhaced beings can also heal wounds at a incredible speed, in a matter of hours.
The basic version of Extremis was what Mallen used in the comics. Killian and his Extremis goons in IM3 also used this, but with the power set altered for he film (the electrical discharge and claw like pincers were excluded).

Now as far as Tony goes, Tony modified Extremis and injected himslef after being wounded in battle with Mallen (who like the Killian and the Extremis Soldiers in the film, could rip the armor apart with his bare hands).

Tony's version of Extremis functioned somewhat differently, swapping out the "super powers" like fire breathing, in exchange for:

Quote:
Direct Cybernetic Interface: The Extremis virus have fused Stark's armor to his body. Initially the inner layers of the Iron Man armor were stored in the hollows of his bones, but later his entire exo-armor would be contained within carbon nanotubes. He is able to manifest and control the armor through direct brain impulses and even utilize some of its powers when unsurfaced. He has direct, cyberpathic control over the communication devices, scanning equipment, and recording devices located in his helmet.

Wireless Communication: He was also able to remotely connect to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Stark is also capable of projecting his voice through transmitting sound systems such as cellular phones via electric transmissions from his central nervous system.

Superhuman Reflexes: The Extremis virus granted him enhanced speed reactions and movements.

Regenerative Systems: Stark was capable to biologically heal himself and repair the armor.

The virus in both versions also improved all their organics, replacing them with stronger ones; muscles, skin, organs. Whether this was the case in the film is unknown.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-27-2013 at 11:01 PM.
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #249
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The mechanism of Extremis in the movie seems pretty clear: it goes to the brain, and activates a neurological mechanism that allows ( theoretically ) selective alteration of the rest of the body. I'm kind of iffy on whether this could really let him produce a superpower of "stores armor inside body."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #250
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The mechanism of Extremis in the movie seems pretty clear: it goes to the brain, and activates a neurological mechanism that allows ( theoretically ) selective alteration of the rest of the body. I'm kind of iffy on whether this could really let him produce a superpower of "stores armor inside body."
I'm not sure they'll go the "armor in the body" route but something along the lines of a combination Mk 42/Marvel Now suit is what I'm expecting for AoU.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote