The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #801
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Good for her.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #802
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Jennifer Is now frontrunner to win the oscar most likely.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #803
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

She'll take over the world!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #804
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Congrats!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #805
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Congrats for the win! Jessica Chastain will probably be hard to beat at the Oscars but we'll see.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #806
Angamb
Banned User

Congrats, Jen!

its amazing how many noms she has gotten in just a short period of years.

If she keeps the good movies route, she will end being the actress with most nominations ever, lol

Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #807
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Not if Muriel Streep has anything to say about it.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #808
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Wait, remember when they were talking about exploring Beast/Mystique more because of their real life relationship...I hope that idea is put to rest now that they're broken up.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #809
Angamb
Banned User

did they break?

didnt know it

Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #810
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Wait, remember when they were talking about exploring Beast/Mystique more because of their real life relationship...I hope that idea is put to rest now that they're broken up.
Er, firstly that's an unconfirmed report. Secondly, exploring that relationship would be a natural progression given their relationship in First Class, and had zero to do with any real life relationship.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #811
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well It depends If they want to explore It more.Mystique and Beast may not have much Interaction In DOFP untill X_Men VS Brotherhood showdown and even then It's possable Mystique may fill void Destiny had In original comic and 1990's show gave Mystique to kill
target of assassination.

DOFP could be structure as 3 ways 1:Future 2ast with X-Men and 3:Past with Brotherhood.Time travel connects 1 and 2 together and the X-men trying to prevent assassination connects all 3.

I personally feel It would be a backtrack to have Mystique for any reason run back to mansion.I am hoping to see more devolpment away from acting like teenager and closer to Trilogy version.There Is some great character devolpment that can come In that
devolpment and Jennifer would do great at It.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #812
Angamb
Banned User

Beast and Mystique could share some words on the sequel, but taking into account each one is on a total different place and team, I dont see how Bryan would explore their relationship, at least a possible love one.

Each sequel should show Raven getting colder and more distant to both Hank and Charles. So if they make their relationships stronger, it would be more unbelievable to develop her into the killer Raven

Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #813
Angamb
Banned User

Beast and Mystique could share some words on the sequel, but taking into account each one is on a total different place and team, I dont see how Bryan would explore their relationship, at least a possible love one.

Each sequel should show Raven getting colder and more distant to both Hank and Charles. So if they make their relationships stronger, it would be more unbelievable to develop her into the killer Raven

Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #814
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Er, firstly that's an unconfirmed report. Secondly, exploring that relationship would be a natural progression given their relationship in First Class, and had zero to do with any real life relationship.
See to me, they didn't even have a relationship. It was a tease for both characters and Mystique chose Magneto. I think it would be silly to have her go back to Beast especially when the idea of Azazel + Nightcrawler's origin could be explored...

Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #815
JP
Smelly

Quote:
See to me, they didn't even have a relationship. It was a tease for both characters and Mystique chose Magneto. I think it would be silly to have her go back to Beast especially when the idea of Azazel + Nightcrawler's origin could be explored...

They obviously both cared for each other. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Beast trying to "save her" from Magneto and the Brotherhood.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #816
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe...it could be a plot line and she would go "I don't need saving, but now you're our prisoner."

Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #817
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
They obviously both cared for each other. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Beast trying to "save her" from Magneto and the Brotherhood.
yeah, Singer should show that from Beast, and at some extent to show that Mystique still cares about him/them, but something must happen in these sequels that Mystique will finally say 'goodbye' to her early mates, and his almost brother Xavier.

Its definetly the hardest issue the writers and Bryan have for this new series.

They will have to give serious reasons to Raven to become a darker mutant.

really serious stuff, I say.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #818
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Well she basically left Xavier bleeding to death in the middle of the pacific didn't she?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #819
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Ahhh this movie is so genius. We're going to see the future full of bad mothers and then...bring us back to the 60s-70s where we last left our young mutants...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #820
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Well she basically left Xavier bleeding to death in the middle of the pacific didn't she?
she left him, yes, but she clearly showed that she cared about him, while reacting to the attack of the bullet and then getting close to him before leavin.

She wasnt a ***** on that right scene, she just took a wrong decision in the wrong moment.

It wasnt the pefect scenario for the creative team of the franchise to show Raven leaving him, but I guess it was needed sooner or later, so, it is what it is.

She has feelings for both Charles and Hank. Bryan just needs to develop her giving her crucial situations to justify her villain role in the trilogy and make us feel she is the Mystique of the comics.

There are MANY things they can do with the character. I just hope they take advantage of the talent of Jen to pull it all the best way

Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #821
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
she left him, yes, but she clearly showed that she cared about him, while reacting to the attack of the bullet and then getting close to him before leavin.

She wasnt a ***** on that right scene, she just took a wrong decision in the wrong moment.

It wasnt the pefect scenario for the creative team of the franchise to show Raven leaving him, but I guess it was needed sooner or later, so, it is what it is.

She has feelings for both Charles and Hank. Bryan just needs to develop her giving her crucial situations to justify her villain role in the trilogy and make us feel she is the Mystique of the comics.

There are MANY things they can do with the character. I just hope they take advantage of the talent of Jen to pull it all the best way
Everything had to be wrapped up in case they didn't get a sequel.. that's all.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #822
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think that anyone ever mentioned that the reason Beast/Mystique relationship could be explored in DoFP was because of the real life relationship.

Even though Raven is certainly not going to come back to live in the mansion or be happily together with Hank, I seriously doubt that there will be no interaction at all between the two groups of main characters in FC!timeline until the last showdown.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #823
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

It was awful; the worst and most unbelievable moment in the film. You don't leave a person who has been your only family when said person has been shot, just over a disagreement. And please don't give me the "Charles let her go". Terrible writing.

I really have no idea how they'll deal with this issue. Introduce Mystique in the sequel as a character already detached from the people she cared about because "the cause" is more important? Show her transformation, and how/why it happened? It would be interesting to show the conflict from both parts - Charles trying to prevent The Brotherhood from commiting terrorist acts while he still feels related to Raven as a sister; Raven trying to set her Mystique persona and forcing herself to look at Charles as kind of an "enemy" to the cause, but still caring about him?

An interesting solution would be Mystique feeling so conflicted that she has to ask Emma to erase her mind of her memories of Charles, because otherwise she wouldn't be able to go on and serve the Brotherhood "cause". It would explain why she acted as if she had never had any kinship to him at all in later films.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #824
Angamb
Banned User

thats a good idea

but now that I think about it, what if its Erik the one that ask Emma to erase her mind?

that would show us all how far he would go to get his goal, and how bad his actions are getting

but I think your idea would be more dramatic, specially being Rave the one to take that decision

Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #825
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Exactly, I like the idea of Raven taking that decision herself. And it could be a very dramatic scene with some good acting.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Closed Thread