The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Your Preferred Flash For This Movie (Regardless who it ends up being officially)
Jay Garrick 7 2.18%
Barry Allen 151 47.04%
Wally West 157 48.91%
Bart Allen 6 1.87%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #551
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

^I'm guessing its the same article being interpreted in various ways to whet fanboys' appetites!

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #552
Maximus One
Oddball
 
Maximus One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 11,100
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Ohhh. I dunno man. I didn't even read the article for real. Just saw the post that said "Ryan Gosling set to play The Flash in Justice League movie" and then posted here. I'd rather have Bradley Cooper anyways

Maximus One is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #553
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,080
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

I think if DC/WB are wanting to go for a shared universe thing then they should at least have three Flash movies with Barry, two JL movies with Barry and kill him off in the second to allow Wally to take be Flash for the fourth movie and beyond...

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #554
lixdexia
Blood Angels
 
lixdexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,954
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

while we're discussing unreasonable expectations, they should do 3 flash movies and 5 justice league movies with barry introducing wally as kid flash in flash number 3 then have justice league 5 be crisis on infinite earths and reboot everything except the flash, just have wally become the flash instead of kid flash.

__________________
INTENSITY
INTEGRITY
INTELLIGENCE

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #555
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,809
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

I think they should have a solo Flash movie that has Wally as the Flash with Barry (in flashbacks kind of like the Comedian in Watchmen) and Jay playing supporting roles. In a sequel introduce Bart. In the next sequel have Barry come back full time.


In 3 movies we'd get all 4 major Flashes (including when they were Kid Flash, Impulse, etc.) and have all of them seeing action as well as doing a different type of origin story AND possibly setting up JSA if they want to do that


Last edited by Blackman; 01-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Blackman is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #556
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

David Gallagher for Flash?

Airwings is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #557
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Only if they go with Wally West.

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #558
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 15,023
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.bl...-flash-if.html

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #559
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,809
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Refn is a good director, but I didnt like his ideas for Wonder Woman and he doesnt seem like a good fit for Flash.

Blackman is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #560
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

^Yes I did also post the link earlier. But this is old as frick!

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #561
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Only if they go with Wally West.
Why? Because it suits his personality, and he should play "himself" and not act?

Airwings is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #562
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

He's younger, looks more like Wally than Barry and of course, his personality. Just saying he'd do Wally more justice, overall.

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #563
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Fans think actors should play characters who's similar to them. But it's not acting then

Airwings is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #564
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

That's why I added the last line about doing justice to the character. He can play Barry alright, but if the actor is comfortable in the role, he can concentrate on bringing more gravitas to the said role! That said, I get your point about experimenting with roles and I'm open to it.

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #565
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,770
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
That's why I added the last line about doing justice to the character. He can play Barry alright, but if the actor is comfortable in the role, he can concentrate on bringing more gravitas to the said role! That said, I get your point about experimenting with roles and I'm open to it.
Thank you

Airwings is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #566
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist
 
JeetKuneDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I think they should have a solo Flash movie that has Wally as the Flash with Barry (in flashbacks kind of like the Comedian in Watchmen) and Jay playing supporting roles. In a sequel introduce Bart. In the next sequel have Barry come back full time.


In 3 movies we'd get all 4 major Flashes (including when they were Kid Flash, Impulse, etc.) and have all of them seeing action as well as doing a different type of origin story AND possibly setting up JSA if they want to do that
Ugh....I hate this idea in some comics that anyone can suit up and be as good as the original guy who wore a costume.

Why are Barry Allen, Bruce Wayne, and Hal Jordan special if another person can throw on the costume and be just as good? Isn't it supposed to be about that special quality they possess which makes them unique? It all diminishes their characters when they just throw another guy in the costume and he never misses a beat.

__________________
Uplift the entire genre instead of attempting to transcend it~T"Challa
JeetKuneDo is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #567
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,702
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
Ugh....I hate this idea in some comics that anyone can suit up and be as good as the original guy who wore a costume.

Why are Barry Allen, Bruce Wayne, and Hal Jordan special if another person can throw on the costume and be just as good? Isn't it supposed to be about that special quality they possess which makes them unique? It all diminishes their characters when they just throw another guy in the costume and he never misses a beat.
Legacies are a big part of DC characters particularly the big 6. If you don't like it, it's just an aspect of the universe you don't like. Also, pssst.... Barry and Hal weren't the original Flash and GL.

And if you want to know why each hero is special, read some more comics. I'd gladly recommend some, if you want.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #568
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,229
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Wally West was a great hero and Flash incarnation without diminishing anything that Barry did. In fact, he strengthened Barry's legacy.

SlamAdams is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #569
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

The legacy aspect of Flash's mythos is arguably more important to Flash's stories than it is to Batman's or Green Lantern. I think that aspect should be tackled in a Flash series for sure, show Wally taking the mantle of Barry.

But imo no one but Bruce or Dick should be Batman on film. John Blake is a joke.

With Hal, its not reaally about legacies, there are just 1000s of Green Lanterns. Kyle took Hal's place but that arc isnt necessary to a GL film series

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #570
KingMadness
Side-Kick
 
KingMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 567
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Barry Allen actually sucks a lot. Big stiff.

Wally West is much better. I personally believe Wally and Barry should be in the same movie. Have little cousin Wally over at Barry's, Barry takes him to see the lab, something goes wrong, they both get powers. Barry uses it responsibly and teaches Wally how to do the same etc but ofc Wally being his playful self won't. They both suit up. They both fight an evil. Barry dies, Wally caries on legacy.

Including them both in the same movie is the only way the general audience will understand the cluster**** of different Flashes.

__________________
Giants~Yankees~Knicks
</crude>AVATAR KORRA GOT A FATTY</crude>

KingMadness is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #571
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,235
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

How do you think they'll handle the superspeed visually?

I mean, remember the goofiness of superman running fast in Returns?

Is making the movie over the top and crazy the only to make the running not awkward?

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #572
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,080
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
Barry Allen actually sucks a lot. Big stiff.

Wally West is much better. I personally believe Wally and Barry should be in the same movie. Have little cousin Wally over at Barry's, Barry takes him to see the lab, something goes wrong, they both get powers. Barry uses it responsibly and teaches Wally how to do the same etc but ofc Wally being his playful self won't. They both suit up. They both fight an evil. Barry dies, Wally caries on legacy.

Including them both in the same movie is the only way the general audience will understand the cluster**** of different Flashes.
That's stupid. You'll have built an entire moive around getting to know Barry as the hero and he goes and dies after one outing. That kind of stuff pisses people off.

If you're going to have them in the same movie don't let Wally get powers, just have him there. That way if he's there you have the option of continuing the series past the point of Barry. That's the reason there was a **** ton of X-men students, it's the same for Wally.

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #573
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 15,088
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
How do you think they'll handle the superspeed visually?

I mean, remember the goofiness of superman running fast in Returns?

Is making the movie over the top and crazy the only to make the running not awkward?
When the kid runs? I can't really remember him running in Returns other than that.

I actually think it could be difficult without it looking fake

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 01-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #574
KingMadness
Side-Kick
 
KingMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 567
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Valumart View Post
That's stupid. You'll have built an entire moive around getting to know Barry as the hero and he goes and dies after one outing. That kind of stuff pisses people off.

If you're going to have them in the same movie don't let Wally get powers, just have him there. That way if he's there you have the option of continuing the series past the point of Barry. That's the reason there was a **** ton of X-men students, it's the same for Wally.
The story would focus on both of them, but mostly Wally. Wally would end up doing something heroic in the end. They are both heroes, Wally just takes a while to accept it.

__________________
Giants~Yankees~Knicks
</crude>AVATAR KORRA GOT A FATTY</crude>

KingMadness is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #575
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,235
Default Re: The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
When the kid runs? I can't really remember him running in Returns other than that.

I actually think it could be difficult without it looking fake
Yes, when young Clark runs in the fields.

It also looks silly in Twilight, if you've seen that.

It could just be low budget cg though.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.