The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #26
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: The Reboot Joker

I would portray him as more sympathetic and pathetic, using 'The Killing Joke' as the basis.

We've seen the angry tactical Joker with Nicholson.

We've seen the vile sadistic Joker with Ledger.

I think 'The Killing Joke' type Joker would present a very different take that hasn't been seen before. Another beyond dangerous person is someone with nothing to lose. He gets caught up in crime as a result of his pregnant wife who dies and he still has to go through with it resulting in an accident making him a clown. A constant reminder almost that he's become a living joke. Thus making him ultimately crack and develop a skewed psyche.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 01-10-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #27
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

edit

Last edited by hellblazer103; 01-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Yeah. But Joker is ultimately a tragic character, who see's what happened to him as the awakening truth that life is a joke and that we're all jokes. It was born out of tragedy...and the pain affects him so bad that he runs from it.

I loved how TKJ showed us that was a good man fighting for a future, roped into something bad...which ended up horribly for him. He see's how evil and unfair life can be, and thinks it plays jokes on people...and the only way we can live is by releasing ourselves of the shackles of sanity...because once you're insane, you no longer care. Life is evil, so we should be too, then the jokes will no longer be on us.

Bringing something like that to the film audience would be pretty neat.

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #29
Edguy
Banned User

Just don't give him a definite origin. The concept of him telling a different story to everyone that ask is too great to change, imo. He should be a character that just appears out of nowhere!

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
Metal Spidey
Spider-Man rules!

I'd like a skinny Joker this time. I'm not saying Jack and Heath are fat or anything but they weren't skinny enough for my taste.

Metal Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #31
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Well I loved how Heath told conflicting tales that always revolved around his scars.

But it would be cool to see him talking about his feelings about himself and how he views the world, and why he does what he does.

I would like it the way it was in Arkham Asylum, to turn Harley insane when they had their sessions together.

Heath's Joker was basically relaying to several characters, in a subtle way, the jist of what the Joker stands for in the 70 years worth of stories.

How he is an agent of chaos...Joker wants to upset the established order of society. Society is made up of law and order, rules we have to follow to keep us on the straight and narrow. With no rules of law and order, there would be no control...without control, chaos would ensue. Within chaos lies madness...'Madness on sane society' is the Joker's goal, with the weapon of chaos. If he influence us do evil things, then that itself is upsetting the established order of a decent society...we are breaking the rules laid out to us by the forces of good, which lies with law and order. This will cause the concepts of good and sanity to crumble, until we see the world as he does, or at least a fraction of it...

Chaos is a disorder of anything within an established order. Joker believes the world to be mad, random and pointless. Chaos in mathematics and sciences is connected with randomness.
"Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard."
Chaos is his weapon to cause madness, but it's also part of his philosophy.

As I said, Joker see's the world as a comedy stage, an absurd joke, and we are the Joker's ourselves, like him. Only we don't realize it, as we don't see exsistence as a cruel and pointless joke as he does. Someone who is sane, is insane to the Joker...We identify ourselves as human being's...Joker identifies us as nothing more than blindfolded clowns on the stage...and he wants madness to remove the blindfolds from us, let it consume us, so we can then finally see ourselves for what really are and laugh about it until we die...and that way, the cruelest joke of all can no longer be played on us, but played on life itself.

So what is Joker's problem? Could it be life itself for playing cruel jokes on us all? Life for creating us as nothing more than it's clowns for cruel entertainment? And only in madness, can we see ourselves as the joker's, and that way, life can no longer play its jokes on us to hurt us for it's own amusement? Or is it simply because there is no point in anything and we're all jokes for thinking there is?

If that doesn't drive a young intern insane, I don't know what will!

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 01-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I kind of want Joker's suit to look like this. Something stylish and cleaner than Heath's, but going back to thlong tailcoat.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #33
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I'm hoping for Joker to be mentioned in the first film of a trilogy, teaser appearance at the end of the second (escaping Arkham) and then being the main villain of the third. I'd really like to see him be played by Michael Emerson in live action. I think he can play a psychotic character really well and has a good voice for Joker (See The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2).

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #34
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

My top choices for Joker are Matt Smith

Benedict Cumberbatch

Michael Sheen

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #35
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

All look like Joker. Cool.

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #36
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

sheen as joker would be crazy

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #37
Edguy
Banned User

Sheen makes me think of the Riddler.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #38
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

He'd suit either role.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #39
the last son
Side-Kick

Agreed put me in the boat that some villains are just that much better without an origin. Joker is one of them. Catwoman too.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #40
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Joker should have no origin...he just makes them up.

He should remain what the comics and TDK paint him out to be...a force spat straight out of Hell.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #41
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

No origin for the Joker please. He works much better being mysterious and having a past in "multiple choices" like in The Killing Joke.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #42
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I prefer Joker without an origin as well. But, that said, I'd like to see the Red Hood gang appear in a film before Joker's first appearance (if they decide to have it be Joker and Batman's first meeting), just as a nod and potential origin if people want to see it that way.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #43
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Also, it depends on how he comes to be, right?

Heath didn't fall into chemicals, but Batman had a part in his creation, being an inspiration. That is sort of like Jack (Joker) in Lovers And Mad Men, but Batman was responsible for having him attacked at the chemical plant So it was a blend.

But they could just show you him as the Red Hood, without any dialogue at the plant...So he could be the failed comedian under there or the criminal sadist, we don't know.

And we could also have his account of things opposing Batman's. Because it's never been quite clear what happened in the comics. Couild also shed more light on why Batman feels responsible to the Joker, a deeper connection. Did Joker fall accidentally? Or was he thrown delibrately or accidentally by Batman?

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 01-16-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #44
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Every time I see the title I miss read it as Robot Joker and get all excited.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #45
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

That?

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 01-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #46
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Sam Rockwell?

SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #47
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

No, it's a Joker robot
But it does look like Sam

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Sam Rockwell?
watching seven psychopaths has convinced me that he'd either make a jizztastic joker, or a perfect deadpool.

cause **** ryan reynolds. that's why.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #49
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
sheen as joker would be crazy
he pretty much played TAS joker in Tron. thats all i could think of in his scenes. like him dancing and saying crazy stuff while everyone else is fighting

though my top pick remains Willem Dafoe
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #50
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

personally i feel he need to be brought back. i was never in the crowd of retiring the character thats moronic. and to make it cleaer the group that wanted the joker retired was not just from movies, but comics, tv, games everything.

as for harley yeah i think she should be included it got to the stage now even on merchandise thats its getting harder and harder to separate the characters. it always annoyed me that nolan wrote her off as an annoyance and a lot fo the fan boys jumped on the band wagon

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote