The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I'm surprised that no one has picked up on what Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said about talking to Marvel about another project after Thor: TDW. AAA has long been on the record as interested in starring in a Black Panther picture. He first approached Marvel about the possibility back in 2009.

Frankly, I think he would be perfect in every way for the Black Panther. The fact that he plays Kurse/Algrim shouldn't be a problem since his face will be unrecognizable under the prosthetics and costume he will be wearing.

Quote:
The nice thing about running into "Thor: The Dark World" actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje recently is that he had so much to say about the experience and his happy relationship with Marvel that we are even more intrigued about his dual roles in the film, as well as what the future might hold for his appearing in more Marvel movies.

Maybe he's circling some work in "Guardians of the Galaxy," maybe not. But the character he's still the most passionate about is T'Challa, if a "Black Panther" movie ever happens.

"Who do I want to play him? Myself, letís be real," Akinnuoye-Agbaje told MTV News with a smile, when asked if he is still carrying the torch for the role. "I would hope that playing Kurse would ingratiate me to becoming the Panther. You get in and have success in one, and you go and do the next one. [My campaign] is definitely not dropped."

"Heís one of my faves. I would love to play him," he continued. "You have to keep at it, you have to keep your card in the hat and see what comes out but I have to say Iím thrilled, Iíve been able to play two characters in one movie and if [Marvel] likes this and it this does well, it just gives you a better chance."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/15...nnuoye-agbaje/