Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #976
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
One thing is for sure, Fox will promote this sequel like CRAZY next year, lol, specially having Hugh and other original x-men back, and with Jennifer Lawrence now on board too, with all the nominations and Oscar buzz she's getting, more Michael badass Fassbender.

This is an event movie, dont forget this guys. The marketing will be pretty fine
I just hope the posters that they will be releasing will look fantastic. X3's posters was such a downgrade compare to X2's posters. They also gotta create a good-looking website, the website of X-Men: First Class was poor in my opinion and the lack of character wallpapers was really disappointing. And I also hope that they won't start promoting (meaning showing clips/trailers) this movie 4 months before the movie's release date.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #977
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
There is a big difference between a secret cameo and someone who will have a main role in the film though.

CLJ may be contracted for 3 films, but that doesn't mean he HAS to be in all of them. Which is what worries me. If he decides to line himself up for a different film that begins shooting in April, what then? Regardless of whether the script is still being worked on, they should know enough already whether or not Banshee is returning. And if he isn't, there needs to be a bloody fantastic reason why not. Same goes for Lucas Till.
The contracts for first Class actos signed back In 2010 takes precent over other projects.Your convently forgetting that Ctaching fire had to quickly go Into production so Jennifer Lawrence could be In DOFP.

The actors have most likely be told to say nothing untill eather Bryan or studio says they are In film.If you think Jennifer,James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Nicholas Hoult are only returnees from First Class you are mistaken

Marvel still hasn't cast the love Intrest or other villian for captain America,Sally field and actor who played flash thompson are unconfirmed for the Amazing Spider-Man 2.Noone's been cast for GOTG yet.From past they will announce casting when they are ready.

We may only get some real news on DOFT when Bryan has to do Interviews promating Jack The Giant Slayer.He may make some twiter announcements before then but that's when you will get some serious quotes from him on film.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #978
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
According to this http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...games-seq.html, Jen Lawrence doesn't know anything about DOFP (apparently there is an interview floating around from GG or just before where she didn't even know XMFC2 was going to be DOFP-- this interview is on MTV.com though so I can't see it and confirm).
As far as I can tell, Jennifer is not saying that she doesn't know whether she'll be in the movie. She is simply saying that she doesn't know the details of the plot yet. Given that everyone's been quite tight-lipped about the plot, I can imagine it being on a need-to-know basis even for the major cast.

Speaking of the plot, I chanced upon the quote again from that pic of the cover of the script, “As new species are formed through natural evolution, others will become rarer and rarer, and finally extinct. The forms which stand in closest competition with those undergoing modification and improvement will naturally suffer most.” I wonder if it's of any importance to the plot at all, because it seems to strongly suggest that it's the humans' future that looks pear-shaped, rather than the mutants'. Could it be somehow about those "very new things" Singer talked about in an interview from a while ago?

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 01-16-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #979
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
According to this http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...games-seq.html, Jen Lawrence doesn't know anything about DOFP (apparently there is an interview floating around from GG or just before where she didn't even know XMFC2 was going to be DOFP-- this interview is on MTV.com though so I can't see it and confirm). And Caleb Landry Jones still hasn't gotten the call for him to return as Banshee.

If filming is starting in 3 months they are cutting this bloody close. Not as close as FC but I thought the point of this was having LOTS of time to sort everything and not make it a rushed 11-month production like before?
I think that either Jennifer has been kept in the dark over plot details so she can't spill the beans, or she knows but has been told not to say a word.

As for Caleb Landry Jones, it does seem odd that he hadn't been asked. But I wondered when exactly he was interviewed about it. He might have been asked by now. Or he might just be playing it cool and pretending he doesn't know anything.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #980
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
As far as I can tell, Jennifer is not saying that she doesn't know whether she'll be in the movie. She is simply saying that she doesn't know the details of the plot yet. Given that everyone's been quite tight-lipped about the plot, I can imagine it being on a need-to-know basis even for the major cast.

Speaking of the plot, I chanced upon the quote again from that pic of the cover of the script, ďAs new species are formed through natural evolution, others will become rarer and rarer, and finally extinct. The forms which stand in closest competition with those undergoing modification and improvement will naturally suffer most.Ē I wonder if it's of any importance to the plot at all, because it seems to strongly suggest that it's the humans' future that looks pear-shaped, rather than the mutants'. Could it be somehow about those "very new things" Singer talked about in an interview from a while ago?
I thought that too, even though it isn't what's shown in DoFP in the comic. Curious indeed. Could it be that the time traveller is a surviving human (like Bastion?) who wants to instigate Sentinels to wipe out mutants in the past and save the human race.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #981
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
one thing is for sure, Fox will promote this sequel like CRAZY next year, lol, specially having Hugh and other original x-men back, and with Jennifer Lawrence now on board too, with all the nominations and Oscar buzz she's getting, more Michael badass Fassbender.
Why is that James McAvoy is always forgotten? He has five films being released this year.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #982
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Why is that James McAvoy is always forgotten? He has five films being released this year.
He won't be forgotten!

And he was very good on the Graham Norton Show this time (much better than when he was promoting First Class!)

Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #983
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because he's not nearly as famous as the other two. Not to mention, the five films he's in this year aren't exactly Hollywood blockbusters. Half of them will likely get limited releases. DOER, if famous, will likely be because of Jessica Chastain who is also one of the current sweethearts of Hollywood and will probably win the Oscar this year. DOER might be a way for more people to take note of McAvoy though.

Like it or not, the star power for DOFP is coming from Fassbender, Lawrence, McKellen, Stewart, and Jackman. Doesn't mean McAvoy isn't an incredible actor; he is. But he's not a big name like the others are. It's his choice, he doesn't want to be in the spotlight (and has voiced on more than one occasion his disinterest in Hollywood) so it's absurd to expect him to have as much attention as his Hollywood sweetheart costars.

Quote:
As for Caleb Landry Jones, it does seem odd that he hadn't been asked. But I wondered when exactly he was interviewed about it. He might have been asked by now. Or he might just be playing it cool and pretending he doesn't know anything.
I wonder, as far as a quick google search will tell me, it was sometime before Christmas. Hopefully he has been asked by now. Not only because I want to see him (and LT, and even JJ for continuity's sake) but because if I were an actor I'd hate having to wait around to see if I'm in this movie or not, unable to take other projects that are filming in the spring. I know he's not exactly an in-demand guy but there are bound to be some films that interest him that he's not sure if he can take because he doesn't know even the most skeletal outline of the DOFP shooting schedule. Same goes for everyone who hasn't been contacted. Rose Byrne is getting more and more popular, for example, and her character was the only one neatly written out of the story. It'd be nice for her to find out if she has the Spring open or not.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #984
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Like it or not, the star power for DOFP is coming from Fassbender, Lawrence, McKellen, Stewart, and Jackman.
Completely disagree that Fassbender means more than McAvoy in Hollywood or that James has no star power at all, but I won't bother to elaborate.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #985
Project862006
Banned User

i guess i should read this comic i have seen the animated series version of it but i did get the comic guess i should get to reading lol

Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #986
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just hope the posters that they will be releasing will look fantastic. X3's posters was such a downgrade compare to X2's posters. They also gotta create a good-looking website, the website of X-Men: First Class was poor in my opinion and the lack of character wallpapers was really disappointing. And I also hope that they won't start promoting (meaning showing clips/trailers) this movie 4 months before the movie's release date.
since this is their very first Event movie, and taking into account X2 and X3 marketing, posters and all, we could expect individual posters and wallpapers this time, specially having two x-men teams on this sequel.

dont remember the X3 site at all, but werent there two sections, one for the brotherhood and one for the x-men?

at least the dvd had that, so they could easily do that this time but with the two timelines, the past and the future. would be nice I think.

I just hope Im strong enough to avoid as much material as possible, like I did with FC. but if Bryan gets back Rogue or Kitty and another male x-men, more the sentinels stuff, I will have a really hard time, lol

Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #987
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Also those working on The Wolverine posters should return for Days Of Future Past...

Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #988
Angamb
Banned User

and now that you name TW, should we expect the very first motion poster for a team sequel?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #989
Filmboy
Banned User

Does anyone of you actually follow Bryan Singer on twitter?

Thought Singer's twitter will be one of the most followed right now, everyone is keeping a lookout for sudden up-to-date breaking news from his twitter.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #990
Angamb
Banned User

I do, since some months ago. I check his profile daily, lol

I hope this silence he's having these latest two days means a storm is coming next

Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #991
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I do. since some months ago. I check his profile daily, lol

I hope this silence he's having these latest two days means a storm is coming next
He know he is going to get asked about it when promoting Jack the Giant Slayer so no doubt more will come out then. Plus, why tell us everything now, before filming has started and when there is such a long wait for us to see the movie! They need to spread out the news.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #992
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, thats why ONE casting announcement each month would be pretty fine, to keep the sites and boards talking in the wait of the next announcement.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #993
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well I think Bryan announced Hugh Jackman since Hollywood reporter leaked Hugh was In contract neogrations for DOFP.

It probally will be during Jack the Giant Slayer Interviews that Bryan gives first real quotes on DOFP since taking over as director.Now there may be more announcements before then.But that Is when real news on DOFP will be made.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #994
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Completely disagree that Fassbender means more than McAvoy in Hollywood or that James has no star power at all, but I won't bother to elaborate.
This. He's a big draw for me at least.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #995
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
I didnt name James meaning he is a secondary actor. He is a good actor, with recognition on the industry

but I think Fassbender is a 'hotter' name right now, mainly thanks to all the polemic of Shame more the great critics to his performance, and his latest roles both as Magneto and on Prometheus.

we all know that his performance as Magneto was the standout to many fans and non fans, so thats why I added his name.

If there is an order of popularity right now with the FC actors, it would be this:

Jennifer Lawrence (clearly)
Michael Fassbender
James McAvoy

there's nothing wrong with this. The original trilogy had many great actors, but Hugh ended being more popular than the rest, so it is how it is. Some actors get more popular than other, this is how the industry works. That doesnt mean one actor is better than the other of course.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #996
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I think that's accurate, Fassy is probably the more bankable actor right now.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #997
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't think starpower is going to be a problem for this movie.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #998
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
but I think Fassbender is a 'hotter' name right now, mainly thanks to all the polemic of Shame more the great critics to his performance, and his latest roles both as Magneto and on Prometheus.
The "hotter" thing can be superficial, and changeable. James has been a constant and respected actor, and he was invited to be a member of the Academy two years ago even without being nominated; Fassbender hasn't. So I think it's a good position to be in, and it says a lot about his staying power as an actor, even when he's not in big Hollywood productions.

So to have someone here claiming James has "no star power" is laughable (and no, the "someone" isn't you, Angamb). Danny Boyle wouldn't chose a nobody to be the protagonist of his next film. And the producers of Jessica Chastain's next film wouldn't chose a guy with no star power to star alongside her - remembering that The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby are two films, and one is called "HIM".

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness
This. He's a big draw for me at least.
You and me both.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #999
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't think starpower is going to be a problem for this movie.
thats for sure, lol

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #1000
The Guard
Side-Kick

I mean, I don't even see why it's a concern.

-Hugh Jackman, which is self explanatory
-Jennifer Lawrence is self explanatory
-Michael Fassbender
-Ian McKellan, who is quite well known, and in the midst of another huge franchise with THE HOBBIT.
-Patrick Stewart, who is even more exposed than he was prior to X-MEN.
-James McAvoy is nothing to sneeze at
-James Marsden is far more recognizeable now
-Halle Berry is still a big name, if not as popular as she once was
-Nicholas Hoult is on his way to stardom, depending on how JACK THE GIANT SLAYER and WARM BODIES do.
-Anna Paquin's gotten more popular as well.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Closed Thread