The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #726
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Sorry fun police.
That's better.

Nah, I just didnt follow, is all...

Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #727
Simple1dea

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I'm hoping the next trailer would show a lot more about the story, rather than the ideas behind the film. This will probably happen since there's been two very similar trailers in a row. The second one was just the same as the first but with all the money-shots and extra dialogue.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #728
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
That's better.

Nah, I just didnt follow, is all...
I think Jamie was saying that if Tommy Lee Jones had something positive to say or anybody outside the film at all, it would mean more than what Crowe said.

I think he picked Jones just because its one of the hottest things trending right now. Hence my picture.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #729
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think Jamie was saying that if Tommy Lee Jones had something positive to say or anybody outside the film at all, it would mean more than what Crowe said.

I think he picked Jones just because its one of the hottest things trending right now. Hence my picture.
Ah, gotcha. I think...

Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #730
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Whether or not it starts with it, I'm hopeful we'll see/hear more of Jor-El than we have already (which amounts to, officially, some dialogue and one shot). I'm really wanting to see some images from the Krypton portion(s) of the film.
Yeah me too

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #731
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

So, I was just checking out the Immortal Memory video on Youtube by Gerrard and Cassidy. (“Elegy” is the first music cue on the MOS trailer.) And I happened to notice some of the recent (very recent) comments. A bunch of people are saying stuff like “Hiddleston sent me here!” Now, he’s Loki, right? I had heard he was impressed by the MOS trailer and, apparently, he’s been Tweeting about the music too.

Anyhoo, there seems to be a nice level of general, grassroots awareness and anticipation about MOS. I’d say that’s a very good thing - and the kind of advertising that you can’t buy.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #732
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
So, I was just checking out the Immortal Memory video on Youtube by Gerrard and Cassidy. (“Elegy” is the first music cue on the MOS trailer.) And I happened to notice some of the recent (very recent) comments. A bunch of people are saying stuff like “Hiddleston sent me here!” Now, he’s Loki, right? I had heard he was impressed by the MOS trailer and, apparently, he’s been Tweeting about the music too.

Anyhoo, there seems to be a nice level of general, grassroots awareness and anticipation about MOS. I’d say that’s a very good thing - and the kind of advertising that you can’t buy.
Wow that's good. Personally, I'm not from the people who thinks you must like one of two: Avengers or Justice League. I really like both of them, The Avengers was a great movie, and TDKR was too. I don't know why people can't just enjoy any film without being competing on which is better than other.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #733
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
Wow that's good. Personally, I'm not from the people who thinks you must like one of two: Avengers or Justice League. I really like both of them, The Avengers was a great movie, and TDKR was too. I don't know why people can't just enjoy any film without being competing on which is better than other.
Same.

I enjoy superheroes in general. I don't care what label they are under.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #734
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Traitors.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #735
andresgvasquez
Banned User

There is something that I still don't understand, why is Jor-El with adult Clark showing him the "S" emblem in the CC trailer?.. Isn't he dead?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #736
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
There is something that I still don't understand, why is Jor-El with adult Clark showing him the "S" emblem in the CC trailer?.. Isn't he dead?
I'm guessing it's a hologram in the fortress ?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #737
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Saw the trailer in 3D with the Hobbit again, it just looks amazing.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #738
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
I'm perplexed by this, too. It could just be an unfinished visual effect. But then I begin over-thinking it...

Snyder's has already said he respects the mythology and what's come before, but has had fun bending the pillars of the canon.

It seems pretty certain that the Fortress takes the form, in this film, of a large Kryptonian ship.

Now I'm going to start talking crazy.

What if, in this film, Jor-El survives Krypton's cataclysmic end in a Kryptonian space ship (without Lara, tragically). His ship, for whatever reason, travels slower than Kal-El's smaller craft, and arrives on Earth years after his son does. Clark, grown up and living a common man's life as a fisherman, sees the light of the ship as it blazes through Earth's atmosphere. He tracks it down to investigate and meets his biological father.

Obviously, lots of holes, lots of questions (why is Jor-El in the ship without Lara? Why does his ship travel slower? What happens to Jor-El after that? What about respecting the mythology and having both Jor-El & Lara die on Krypton?)

This is why I'm going to assume it's just a Jor-El hologram.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #739
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:

Tom Hiddleston tweeted earlier in the day that his song of the day was Elegy. I guess he tweeted out the youtube link as well.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #740
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I'm perplexed by this, too. It could just be an unfinished visual effect. But then I begin over-thinking it...

Snyder's has already said he respects the mythology and what's come before, but has had fun bending the pillars of the canon.

It seems pretty certain that the Fortress takes the form, in this film, of a large Kryptonian ship.

Now I'm going to start talking crazy.

What if, in this film, Jor-El survives Krypton's cataclysmic end in a Kryptonian space ship (without Lara, tragically). His ship, for whatever reason, travels slower than Kal-El's smaller craft, and arrives on Earth years after his son does. Clark, grown up and living a common man's life as a fisherman, sees the light of the ship as it blazes through Earth's atmosphere. He tracks it down to investigate and meets his biological father.

Obviously, lots of holes, lots of questions (why is Jor-El in the ship without Lara? Why does his ship travel slower? What happens to Jor-El after that? What about respecting the mythology and having both Jor-El & Lara die on Krypton?)

This is why I'm going to assume it's just a Jor-El hologram.
More than likely. Or its a computer simulation of his creation that mapped his brain and has his thoughts and memories. And I'm also thinking that the ship arrived on Earth first, maybe as a first contact vessel.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #741
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Ah, gotcha. I think...
Yeah. A little convoluted.

Quote:

I noticed that the other day, that is pretty cool.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #742
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I noticed LOTR fans in the Khazad Dum theme pages in youtube bashing Man of Steel for "stealing" from their beloved franchise, while being completely, blissfully unaware of the fact the Lord of The Rings borrowed the Requiem for a Dream for their trailers. It seems they are ignorant of the very fact that trailer music is most often borrowed from other sources and will not be used in the film. But then, youtube, idiots.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #743
HighFivingMF
Welp.

They stole the idea to steal something from Lord of the Rings.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #744
Filmboy
Banned User

I hope MOS will do well at the box office since DC has no movies scheduled for next summer.

Next Summer, Marvel has "Amazing Spiderman 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and X Men: Days of Future Past.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #745
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Well said. My sentiments exactly.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #746
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Sony has Spider-Man, Marvel/Disney has Galaxy and Fox has X-Men. As has been said WB doesn't need Superhero movies to survive so that's why they don't make as many.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #747
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I hope MOS will do well at the box office since DC has no movies scheduled for next summer.

Next Summer, Marvel has "Amazing Spiderman 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and X Men: Days of Future Past.
good for DC/WB. no bet, no lose.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #748
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post

Yeah I just realized that 2014 is gonna be a pretty big comedown from the superhero wash before. Looking forward to new X-Men though.

I guess it's just the calm before the storm of 2015 grudge match between Star Wars XII v Avengers 2 v Justice League.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #749
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It's on the making of, it's just photoshopped images that the crew did when they were coming up with ideas for the costume.
That would be cool to see.

*cough*postscreencaps*cough*

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #750
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Of every superhero movie ever made, MOS has the unique ability to bring us the greatest superhero fight sequences in history. The potential is there. There already seems to be a good story in place. And everyone agrees Superman is usually dipicted as the strongest most versatile hero. I have seen some greatgreat final battles in my time watching comic book movies, but I selfishly hope MOS has a final showdown that's blows all other out of the water!!

Closed Thread