The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #751
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Anyone else think the next trailer will start with Jor El's what if a child... Etc line from the comic con trailer? I just have a feeling it will

I think the next trailer needs to have Crowe's Jor El speak of course.

Crowes voice is awesome!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #752
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I love the graphic design of the classics to the modernized versions.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #753
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Omg, I just realized something. If Supes has Russel Crowe as one father and Kevin Costner as another father, then he is the son of two Robin Hood's!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #754
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #755
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
That would be cool to see.

*cough*postscreencaps*cough*
Like u said before its Blu ray so I can't, I don't have a Blu ray player on my laptop

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #756
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

So I think it's funny to see that there's actually a page on Amazon for the Man of Steel Blu Ray.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Blu-...s=man+of+steel

What's even funnier is there is actually a comment on the movie which says....

"MAN OF STEEL defines comic book movie. The heart-stopping movie instantly pulls you in for the word GO. The amazing effects are breathtaking, the acting is unreal. The storyline is what everyone comic book fan wants. Hands down, the best movie of 2013. I loved the Zod/Superman fight scene. Wow! Finally, some punches were thrown."

Oh and the "reviewer's" user name is ClarkKent.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #757
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Like u said before its Blu ray so I can't, I don't have a Blu ray player on my laptop
D'awwwww...

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #758
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Given that Hans Zimmer is composing the score for the film right now, I hope we'll be able to hear some of it in the new trailer, whenever that ends up coming out. If I'm not mistaken, I believed he composed the music that was used for the first, second, and third theatrical trailers for "The Dark Knight Rises", all of which used music that I enjoyed listening to and really helped convey the emotions needed from those given trailers.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #759
Filmboy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Sony has Spider-Man, Marvel/Disney has Galaxy and Fox has X-Men. As has been said WB doesn't need Superhero movies to survive so that's why they don't make as many.

The truth is WB can only count on Batman/Superman to bring in the money.

Rest of their DC superheroes aren't that well established and they don't have huge fanbase

That and DC is owned by WB and there's nothing much they can do.

WB doesn't like to take risks, that's why they keep making Batman/Superman movies.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #760
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Actually, I'd argue that WB takes too many risks, sometimes unnecessary. Marvel is the company that doesn't risk stuff.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #761
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

And it sure as hell didn't help boost confidence in Warner Bros. with the failure of Green Lantern, their first non Superman/Batman live action comic book book film; though I guess it didn't help that the project was seemingly doomed from the start with a bad choice in a cast/crew/story to begin with.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #762
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Pretty much, yup.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #763
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I would love for them to semi-adapt Peace on Earth for MOS2. Have Superman try and be like Bill Gates to the 3rd world and do what he can. Taking food produce to these places and seeing the ugly nature of humanity. As starving people tear each other apart with greed. Also having to deal with militia who fire missiles at him in the air destroying the food and his entire sentiment. Even allows for them to show more of the Smallville flashback imagery with Costner Pa showing young Clark how you have to lay the seeds and put the time in (the imagery in POE of the wind blowing the seeds from their hands at the Kent farm).

Also tie into the ugliness of humanity to the very worst of us: Lex Luthor. The modern day Hitler: the megalomaniac corporate industrialist who hates Superman to his very core.

And have Luthor design and commission an army of mechs that are powered by a new fuel source (Kryptonite), so Superman has something to punch for the 15-year olds.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #764
Denish
Side-Kick

Ok, now it's safe to say that we're so close from seeing stills from Zod, Faora and maybe other characters because, I've just learned that in February (10-13) there will be the NY International Toy Fair, and there we'll see for sure Dc Collectibles ( we have already seen the first one ) from the main characters ( just like last year's TDKR http://batman-news.com/2012/01/24/dc...oman-and-bane/ ) and even Mattel's toys, ( just like last year's TDKR http://batman-news.com/2012/03/12/ma...ret-character/ )..and I highly doubt that WB would reveal Zod, Faora, or even the robot army, through toys..So it's probably time for the Empire great Issue on Man of Steel! And this is their occasion, the end of January, because waiting the end of February would be too late..

Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #765
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I would love for them to semi-adapt Peace on Earth for MOS2. Have Superman try and be like Bill Gates to the 3rd world and do what he can. Taking food produce to these places and seeing the ugly nature of humanity. As starving people tear each other apart with greed. Also having to deal with militia who fire missiles at him in the air destroying the food and his entire sentiment. Even allows for them to show more of the Smallville flashback imagery with Costner Pa showing young Clark how you have to lay the seeds and put the time in (the imagery in POE of the wind blowing the seeds from their hands at the Kent farm).

Also tie into the ugliness of humanity to the very worst of us: Lex Luthor. The modern day Hitler: the megalomaniac corporate industrialist who hates Superman to his very core.

And have Luthor design and commission an army of mechs that are powered by a new fuel source (Kryptonite), so Superman has something to punch for the 15-year olds.
I agree. The stakes and Supes' motivation should be different in the sequels. The threat should come from within ourselves. It'd be a nice change to see him involving himself more with the race and the planet, politically and enviromentally, trying to better the world with different means then what Zod (possibly) did using just force. I reckon the encounter with Zod will teach him a thing or two, both good and bad.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #766
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
The truth is WB can only count on Batman/Superman to bring in the money.

Rest of their DC superheroes aren't that well established and they don't have huge fanbase

That and DC is owned by WB and there's nothing much they can do.

WB doesn't like to take risks, that's why they keep making Batman/Superman movies.
Which is a pity as WB is sitting on a Gold mine. Ironman ,Thor,Cap america didnt have a fanbase before their movies-they do now.Wb cld build a fanbase or GL,WW,flash if they actuall got their **** together.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #767
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1dea View Post
I'm hoping the next trailer would show a lot more about the story, rather than the ideas behind the film. This will probably happen since there's been two very similar trailers in a row. The second one was just the same as the first but with all the money-shots and extra dialogue.
Personally I like the fact the story is being kept in secrecy keeps the supris factor.Hope this is maintained whilst titillating the viwers througH trailers.

The last trailer was very Earth centric so I expect the next one to be very Krypton centric. Expect Jor-el voice over and scenes instead of Jonathan this ime.

And for the love of God-ACTION SCENES!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #768
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I just want something new already.lol Photos, articles, plot info, details, just something new other than several aspect ratio versions of the same photos.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #769
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I just want something new already.lol Photos, articles, plot info, details, just something new other than several aspect ratio versions of the same photos.
Haha at least in the last month we've had a poster, a new trailer, a couple new stills (albeit from the trailer) and a pic of a statue!

Does anyone remember November?! Now that was hard.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #770
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Haha at least in the last month we've had a poster, a new trailer, a couple new stills (albeit from the trailer) and a pic of a statue!

Does anyone remember November?! Now that was hard.
Hell, from August to December was hard.lol

I remember on how some of us (me being included) got even more irritated when Iron Man 3's trailer came out; I was hoping back then that the new trailer for MOS would make just as strong of a impact, and boy did it ever, hell, it made much more of a bigger impact than some of us were expecting.

Nevertheless, I just want to see some new photos of some other characters; and get some insight on what else we can expect.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #771
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:

I remember on how some of us (me being included) got even more irritated when Iron Man 3's trailer came out; I was hoping back then that the new trailer for MOS would make just as strong of a impact, and boy did it ever, hell, it made much more of a bigger impact than some of us were expecting.

Nevertheless, I just want to see some new photos of some other characters; and get some insight on what else we can expect.
Haha yep. Don't worry mate, we'll get this movie eventually! Maybe it's a good thing they're not just spamming new pics every week.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #772
The Shield
It's really Happening!

We talk about how bad we want new stuff, but All we'd do is critique the ever living crap out of it. Every little element out of what ever they'd give us. Lol So when (if) they do start releasing Character pics and such I'm making the conscious effort of not reading descriptions and fans' and non fans' reactions to them. For me I think it will help with my enjoyment of the movie not having little details in my mind I read from someone else while I'm watching it on screen.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #773
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Actually, I'd argue that WB takes too many risks, sometimes unnecessary. Marvel is the company that doesn't risk stuff.
snyder's watchmen was a gigantic risk for WB a rated r 150 million dollar non franchise comic book movie with no big stars

Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #774
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
We talk about how bad we want new stuff, but All we'd do is critique the ever living crap out of it. Every little element out of what ever they'd give us. Lol So when (if) they do start releasing Character pics and such I'm making the conscious effort of not reading descriptions and fans' and non fans' reactions to them. For me I think it will help with my enjoyment of the movie not having little details in my mind I read from someone else while I'm watching it on screen.
That's one train of thought. But if there's some detail that comes out that I'm not sure about, I'd rather come to grips with it now then let it detract from my first viewing of the film for me.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #775
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

I am still irritated. Every time I go to the theatre and see that damn trailer instead of MOS, I groan. Outside of the Hobbit, I haven't seen MOS attached to any of the movies I've seen but sure as **** IM3 is there. And quite honestly, I don't even like the IM3 trailer that much so it just adds insult to injury.

Closed Thread