The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #776
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

No, agreed, I was thinking more a small intro scene earlier and then a big finale (maybe equivalent to Destroyer time), maybe with a big CGI fight in the sky, maybe even have Odin come down once he realizes Ymir is there, to help defeat him. Odin's trailer was seen at Greenwich at one point, yet Tony as certainly not seen outside, but they could have had an after the battle scene inside though, where Thor tell him that he cannot be king and has to stay behind on Midgard, and the fact that worse things may be coming now with this ongoing winter set up.

Hm. I am torn between wanting to see Odin in full regalia turning heads of the students at Greenwich, or dressed down Midgard Odin, he's sure to be stylin' either way. I wonder if we'll get at a some point Thor in glasses and a ponytail? LOL... Would be hilarious if Loki came down and was like "You look ridiculous."

and damnit, that Thor movie transition comic by Christos Gage that was supposed to be out today isn't up on the marvel digital comics site yet, and I'm not going out to check the comics shop today. If anyone finds it online let me know.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 09:01 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #777
elizah72
Side-Kick

another thing, those scenes of Thor and Malekith fighting by the broken columns, there is A LOT Of white dust there, which we were assuming was from the column but there is kind of A LOT for that, and depending on how they frame it could look like snow on the ground as well as rubble. Another scene shows the stairs and ground wetted behind them. Videos show smoke/fog coming from different places as they are filming (one with a machine in the middle as Thor is shot up in the air by Malekith) and a wind machine. In the Jotunheim scenes, again I'm pretty sure the snow was cgi'd in later, and there is a foggy effect going on, as the snow blows around the actors. So they maybe have 2 elements there that could be the base for putting in more snowy nasty weather later. Certainly there is some kind of storm going on, whether that is Thor or something else who knows at this point, but could be that Ymir is let loose and Thor has to take down Malekith before moving on in that particular part. Another scene where Malekith is standing alone at dusk and raises his arms to summon something, there is a white flash behind him to his left and I think he looks up at something in the sky, and of course we have lots of footage of people running away terrified and looking up behind them, with no explosions going on or other evidence of giants or aliens attacking in the sky. So again, could be Ymir given more of an elemental storm in the sky quality to him, rather than a traditional giant. This would go along with the humans having to jump on a bus and chase the eye of the storm (Ymir), maybe that's what Jane's doohickey can do something about, and stuff being blown around when it doesn't seem like Thor is doing it directly... and would be pretty different from just having it more aliens on jetskis in the sky AGAIN. Hm....

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #778
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Odin's trailer was seen at Greenwich at one point,
Are you sure on that point? I went back and looked at waffles' photos, which was a pretty comprehensive shoot imo. She spotted Selvig's trailer and said
Quote:
Along with Marvel and Malekith however all of the rest [of the trailers] were covered over or obscured by the hair+makeup or costume trailers There were at least another 15 though so I'm guessing that if Selvig is there then Jane will be amongst them too. In here somewhere?
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=178

Tom Hiddleston was spotted on set at one point, but never in costume.

Quote:
Hm. I am torn between wanting to see Odin in full regalia turning heads of the students at Greenwich, or dressed down Midgard Odin, he's sure to be stylin' either way.
Having enjoyed Simonson's work, I would love to see Odin, if he appears on Midgard, in the form of The Wanderer. (I couldn't find a Simonson image, but he clearly was inspired by this artwork, which appears on the Wikipedia page):

But I don't think they'll do it, because people will think he's trying to look like Gandalf

Quote:
I wonder if we'll get at a some point Thor in glasses and a ponytail? LOL... Would be hilarious if Loki came down and was like "You look ridiculous."
The glasses might look silly, depending on the frames. But I'm here to tell ya that that Asgardian would *not* look ridiculous in a ponytail

Quote:
another thing, those scenes of Thor and Malekith fighting by the broken columns, there is A LOT Of white dust there, which we were assuming was from the column but there is kind of A LOT for that, and depending on how they frame it could look like snow on the ground as well as rubble. Another scene shows the stairs and ground wetted behind them. Videos show smoke/fog coming from different places as they are filming (one with a machine in the middle as Thor is shot up in the air by Malekith) and a wind machine. In the Jotunheim scenes, again I'm pretty sure the snow was cgi'd in later, and there is a foggy effect going on, as the snow blows around the actors. So they maybe have 2 elements there that could be the base for putting in more snowy nasty weather later. Certainly there is some kind of storm going on, whether that is Thor or something else who knows at this point, but could be that Ymir is let loose and Thor has to take down Malekith before moving on in that particular part. Another scene where Malekith is standing alone at dusk and raises his arms to summon something, there is a white flash behind him to his left and I think he looks up at something in the sky, and of course we have lots of footage of people running away terrified and looking up behind them, with no explosions going on or other evidence of giants or aliens attacking in the sky. So again, could be Ymir given more of an elemental storm in the sky quality to him, rather than a traditional giant. This would go along with the humans having to jump on a bus and chase the eye of the storm (Ymir), maybe that's what Jane's doohickey can do something about, and stuff being blown around when it doesn't seem like Thor is doing it directly... and would be pretty different from just having it more aliens on jetskis in the sky AGAIN. Hm....
In waffles' photos, there wasn't that much white dust. We'd need a lot more to even have it qualify as a dusting of snow, let alone a big snowstorm.

As for stairs and sidewalks being wetted, first of all, they do that in movies a *lot*, even when there's no reason there should have been precipitation. I think it keeps the glare down in sunny conditions and adds interest in dark conditions. It didn't rain in New Mexico, for example, nor did it snow. But the street looks hosed down:

Second of all, it was actually drizzling in London (should I be shocked?) when they did some of the University of Greenwich filming. There's a photo in the Official photos thread of Chris Hemsworth smiling by the tents, looking a bit drenched. The hem of his cape is muddy in many of those pictures, too.

As for Jotenheim, recall that that was done on a sound stage with green screens. So they have a little more flexibility there:

(source: http://www.reyesscenic.blogspot.com/) Even so, our fellow members have expressed dissatisfaction with the look of those scenes.

I'm sure they can do a lot with CGI these days, but I feel the evidence for a snowstorm is equivocal. The wind effects, for example, could just be to make Thor's cape billow, or to make the magic effects appear more dramatic.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #779
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Are you sure on that point? I went back and looked at waffles' photos, which was a pretty comprehensive shoot imo. She spotted Selvig's trailer and said
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=178
not positive no, definitely someone saw a trailer for Odin at Bourne, I would have sworn someone mentioned seeing it at Greenwich but no proof to back me up at the moment, sorry.

Quote:
The glasses might look silly, depending on the frames. But I'm here to tell ya that that Asgardian would *not* look ridiculous in a ponytail
Irregardless, I'm sure that Loki would bash on his Midgardian sense of style.

Quote:
In waffles' photos, there wasn't that much white dust. We'd need a lot more to even have it qualify as a dusting of snow, let alone a big snowstorm.
There are different degrees of powder on the ground in different videos and pictures. ALso sometimes there is a big blue screen in the background at the top of the steps, and sometimes not. There were also blue screens on some of the fencing as I recall, both indicators that something is going to be going on in the background, I'd say.

See here for lots of white powder on the ground and blue screen up top of stairs, stairs in front of screen also appear to have been wetted down... http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavinda...n/photostream/

Quote:
As for stairs and sidewalks being wetted, first of all, they do that in movies a *lot*, even when there's no reason there should have been precipitation. I think it keeps the glare down in sunny conditions and adds interest in dark conditions. It didn't rain in New Mexico, for example, nor did it snow. But the street looks hosed down:

Second of all, it was actually drizzling in London (should I be shocked?) when they did some of the University of Greenwich filming. There's a photo in the Official photos thread of Chris Hemsworth smiling by the tents, looking a bit drenched. The hem of his cape is muddy in many of those pictures, too.
Okay on the other points, however, if Thor's cape is muddy and the ground is muddy in some pictures I think too, then that points to a storm going on, might just be Thor, or might not...

Quote:
(source: http://www.reyesscenic.blogspot.com/) Even so, our fellow members have expressed dissatisfaction with the look of those scenes.

I'm sure they can do a lot with CGI these days, but I feel the evidence for a snowstorm is equivocal. The wind effects, for example, could just be to make Thor's cape billow, or to make the magic effects appear more dramatic.
True, could certainly be just that, but I don't think this other idea is out of the question, it could be they wanted a more real look by doing it outside at a real place, rather than all on a sound stage, but they didn't want to give too much away, so that's why the minimal of white stuff on the ground, just as much as they have to have to frame that scene, with other stuff being cgi'd in later with use of the blue screen in the background.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #780
elizah72
Side-Kick

This scene, see the blue screen in the background

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

the guy talking in the background is hilarious. Not great quality but shows the blue screen at the top of the stairs.

The following appears to be this same scene but with the stunt double being thrown up in the air by Malekith (who is on his knees as he is in the previous shot), note blue screen is now gone but there is the fog machine in the center, with it going up in the air probably in shot with Bobby in the air. Also likely a different angle facing more the back of Malekith towards the blue covered column, I think. The stuff that follows I suspect to be rehearsal, note the crushed car is no longer crushed but upside down (with people standing in front of it there, and much less white on the ground)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This one note quite a bit of white on Malekith's shoulders but not so much elsewhere, could simply be dust from the columns but still odd it isn't all over his cape not just his shoulders.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Malekith summoning something in the dark.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I wonder if the link to the tides and eclipse we've been speculating about could be that it's a specific time, prophecised and magically/scientifically, when he can open a portal to a specific realm (such as one to Niffleheim for Ymir, or for Surtur, but I still think we need Ymir or the Casket of Ancient winters first)

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #781
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
This scene, see the blue screen in the background

<video deleted>

The following appears to be this same scene but with the stunt double being thrown up in the air by Malekith (who is on his knees as he is in the previous shot), note blue screen is now gone but there is the fog machine in the center, with it going up in the air probably in shot with Bobby in the air. Also likely a different angle facing more the back of Malekith towards the blue covered column, I think. The stuff that follows I suspect to be rehearsal, note the crushed car is no longer crushed but upside down (with people standing in front of it there, and much less white on the ground)
That's a lot more white powder than I remembered, and more than are in waffles' photos. It suggests that the power is present for only part of the sequence. Very curious that there is so little powder when the stunt performers do their work. Also curious that the car is not crushed in those takes.

Quote:
This one note quite a bit of white on Malekith's shoulders but not so much elsewhere, could simply be dust from the columns but still odd it isn't all over his cape not just his shoulders.

<video deleted>
That doesn't strike me as a *lot* of white on Malekith's shoulders. More like the amount you might get if someone clapped you on the shoulders with dusty hands, or if you bumped into some of it (like you got thrown down )

Quote:
I wonder if the link to the tides and eclipse we've been speculating about could be that it's a specific time, prophecised and magically/scientifically, when he can open a portal to a specific realm
Could be!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #782
American Maid
Side-Kick

Another thing I noticed, looking at the first two videos again: in the video with the stunt performers (during the rehearsal), there is a big piece of pillar to the right of the left-most car (look at 0:27, for example). In the video with the primary actors, that big piece is not there. (see 0:03)

In general, the pieces are smaller and in different places in the footage with the primary actors.

So I wonder if Thor smashed some pillar pieces over Malekith's head, resulting in the dust on his shoulders and the dust all over the ground.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #783
American Maid
Side-Kick

^^Or maybe a blast from a spell pulverizes some of the column pieces. That would be kind of impressive in its own way, for while the column pieces would be destroyed, Thor would get right back up and come back at him.

Last edited by American Maid; 01-16-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #784
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's a lot more white powder than I remembered, and more than are in waffles' photos. It suggests that the power is present for only part of the sequence. Very curious that there is so little powder when the stunt performers do their work. Also curious that the car is not crushed in those takes.
some of it may be rehearsals, and some of it may be that they are framing it so they dont' see the ground so much, if it's the stunt man seems like it's either going to be a more distant shot or a very quick shot that get's stuck in there, and again they may frame it diffently than the way they are framing Chris' performance, so in other words, same scene but with Chris we see the ground more and closer up, but with Bobby we just get a quick glimpse and framed so we may not see the ground or see it more distantly (and maybe they can cgi the ground if it is there, from a distance more easily than they can close up)

Quote:
That doesn't strike me as a *lot* of white on Malekith's shoulders. More like the amount you might get if someone clapped you on the shoulders with dusty hands, or if you bumped into some of it (like you got thrown down )
Okay, how about more like "quite a bit" and maybe... but usually at least one of Thor's hands has Mjolnir in it, not both.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed, looking at the first two videos again: in the video with the stunt performers (during the rehearsal), there is a big piece of pillar to the right of the left-most car (look at 0:27, for example). In the video with the primary actors, that big piece is not there. (see 0:03)

In general, the pieces are smaller and in different places in the footage with the primary actors.

So I wonder if Thor smashed some pillar pieces over Malekith's head, resulting in the dust on his shoulders and the dust all over the ground.
I would have thought someone would have picked up footage of that though! LOL it took me a few minutes to see what you mean, I think in the second video both times they aren't necessarily shooting or completely set up (with more white stuff on ground and columns set exactly how they want, note car not crushed behind observers, and I'm thinking Thor makes a grand entrance into the fight by landing on that car and smashing it), also if they ARE shooting something there without so much white on the ground or the pillars just so, then it may not be framed in the shot to show that stuff anyway.

Quote:
^^Or maybe a blast from a spell pulverizes some of the column pieces
that could be part of it, yes. Could be powder from the columns on his shoulders, but again it's just his shoulders but I don't think all over him, which is odd. Maybe he's just got some dandruff? LOL

My thinking is that because his cloak is black they had to put a bit of white there to help along the snow cgi. If he's standing around admiring his work after unleashing Ymir or the casket of ancient winters if he finds it, then Thor shows up, lands smashing that car, attacks Malekith, they fight for a bit, Malekith manages to throw him backwards into the air, another segment seems to have Malekith thrown back again after that I think, onto a car. Can't wait to see if Malekith gets away, Thor looks pretty enraged in this fight certainly!

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #785
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
some of it may be rehearsals, and some of it may be that they are framing it so they dont' see the ground so much, if it's the stunt man seems like it's either going to be a more distant shot or a very quick shot that get's stuck in there, and again they may frame it diffently than the way they are framing Chris' performance, so in other words, same scene but with Chris we see the ground more and closer up, but with Bobby we just get a quick glimpse and framed so we may not see the ground or see it more distantly (and maybe they can cgi the ground if it is there, from a distance more easily than they can close up)
Possibly. We have a bad angle to tell. The bystanders were all at 3rd or 4th storey windows looking down on all of this.

<Thor smashing a pillar on Malekith>
Quote:
I would have thought someone would have picked up footage of that though! LOL
I dunno, maybe they would do that bit on a soundstage? The kind of pillar that a Midgardian actor could easily pick up might not be the best prop to have on location.

Quote:
it took me a few minutes to see what you mean, I think in the second video both times they aren't necessarily shooting or completely set up (with more white stuff on ground and columns set exactly how they want, note car not crushed behind observers, and I'm thinking Thor makes a grand entrance into the fight by landing on that car and smashing it), also if they ARE shooting something there without so much white on the ground or the pillars just so, then it may not be framed in the shot to show that stuff anyway.
While that's a fair point, I'll note that the pillar pieces are not just out of position. They are completely different sizes. So the big one from when the stunt performers were there was swapped out for smaller ones when the primary actors were there.

<Magic blast pulverizes a column>
Quote:
that could be part of it, yes. Could be powder from the columns on his shoulders, but again it's just his shoulders but I don't think all over him, which is odd. Maybe he's just got some dandruff? LOL
Hee hee. Again, our footage is from far away, and with a comparatively poor quality camera. So there might be white dust on Malekith's cloak that we just can't see.

Quote:
My thinking is that because his cloak is black they had to put a bit of white there to help along the snow cgi.
In that case, wouldn't they need to put white on Thor's cape too?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #786
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
In that case, wouldn't they need to put white on Thor's cape too?
maybe, maybe not, Malekith's is black not bright red, so might be easier to put some on Thor's cape than Malekith's for that reason, maybe... and as I was suggesting he might have been standing around a few minutes admiring his work before Thor shows up.

Certainly you'd agree that Malekith seems to be summoning *something* and certainly there is different clips and pictures which seems to indicate some sort of storm. One video I recall that I can't find now had a red bus and a big wind machine and stuff blowing all around. I wish I could find that again, I think Thor ran by and didn't seem to be causing the storm, but I'm not sure now... it was so long ago...

Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #787
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
maybe, maybe not, Malekith's is black not bright red, so might be easier to put some on Thor's cape than Malekith's for that reason, maybe... and as I was suggesting he might have been standing around a few minutes admiring his work before Thor shows up.

Certainly you'd agree that Malekith seems to be summoning *something* and certainly there is different clips and pictures which seems to indicate some sort of storm. One video I recall that I can't find now had a red bus and a big wind machine and stuff blowing all around. I wish I could find that again, I think Thor ran by and didn't seem to be causing the storm, but I'm not sure now... it was so long ago...
Well, I found this video of someone putting papers into the air with a fan by a red bus:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That could be stirred up by Thor, making a grand entrance.

I also had re-posted some videos of Jane and Thor running by the white motorcoach. See http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=319

See also http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=301 and http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=252

Generally there is not a storm brewing in any of these.

and a whole library at http://www.youtube.com/user/tpcat101/videos?view=0

I want to direct your attention specifically to
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
from that library for tangential reasons. A) we see what Thor would look like in a ponytail and B) we see that there actually is a braid on the left side, behind the ear. But probably when the lower part of the hair is not pulled back, it is obscured.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #788
elizah72
Side-Kick

Thanks! Yes I think that was the one I was thinking of with the wind and stuff blowing in front of the bus. That looks like a storm to me but could be Thor, certainly

In the one that is on the monitor. Thor says something to Jane then he runs from her towards something, then he stops and looks up in the sky. Hm? nothing that looks like snow visible but could be added in cgi later.

I would agree most of those happen prior to when I am thinking Malekith summons Ymir or uses the casket, if that's the way it goes. My thinking is that The Dark Elves invade as an army. Thor arrives, fights the minion elves, then we have that footage where THor appears to be surrounded and they walk towards him with weapons up as if he's standing down. Why he would do that I don't know. perhaps they've captured Jane or one of her friends. Then I am assuming Malekith may have Thor imprisoned somehow or out of commission for a bit, while he summons the casket/Ymir or whatever. Then Thor breaks free, maybe takes out any remaining Elves (thus the reason why there are none in the Malekith-Thor fight) and then finds Malekith and fights him. This is when most of the blowing and wind and such is starting to be seen, I think. Then he defeats Malekith, or he escapes, and then Thor has to go after stopping this terrible storm/Ymir.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #789
elizah72
Side-Kick

In this one we have fans and hissing go on, which I think is what that fog machine was making that sound in another video, and we can't see down the direction Thor runs, (and other people are running away) but a few papers do fly around after he runs down there, indicating that there is some wind at least going on coming from that direction, and so Thor would not appear to be the one causing it. One assumes that the scene I mentioned last post when he's chased by Jane, happens just after this, and he runs down further, stops, and looks up in the sky (at whatever is causing the blowing around and hissing), the camera is angled upwards as if we are to be looking at the sky.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And actually I just realized that in this one, I just mentioned again..

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

he runs at the end towards where the blue covered column is where he fights Malekith, but Malekith isn't too likely to be up in the sky where he's looking. However, he apparently sees Jane before fighting Malekith there, from how it looks.

so again, Dark Elves arrive, they threaten Jane and Erik. Thor arrives and fights Dark Elves. Jane is captured or something else happens that forces Thor to stand down. or maybe he's sent away by Malekith into a pit or a portal or whatever or he's bound magically. Either way this bides time for Malekith to do whatever he's up to. Thor escapes and comes back to Greenwich, Jane chases after him having escaped too (if she was ever captured). People are running away and Thor and Jane are running towards whatever it is. Thor tells Jane to stay back and runs further down until he stops and the camera and him look up at the sky at Greenwich U. You can see the blue column where he fights Malekith in those other scenes. He maybe flies up to get a better look or to fight it, then he spies Malekith, and he lands on that car to go after him first. They fight. Malekith is defeated or escapes, then Thor must fight whatever was up in the sky assuming it doesn't stop with Malekith's defeat.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #790
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
so again, Dark Elves arrive, they threaten Jane and Erik. Thor arrives and fights Dark Elves. Jane is captured or something else happens that forces Thor to stand down. or maybe he's sent away by Malekith into a pit or a portal or whatever or he's bound magically. Either way this bides time for Malekith to do whatever he's up to. Thor escapes and comes back to Greenwich, Jane chases after him having escaped too (if she was ever captured). People are running away and Thor and Jane are running towards whatever it is. Thor tells Jane to stay back and runs further down until he stops and the camera and him look up at the sky at Greenwich U. You can see the blue column where he fights Malekith in those other scenes. He maybe flies up to get a better look or to fight it, then he spies Malekith, and he lands on that car to go after him first. They fight. Malekith is defeated or escapes, then Thor must fight whatever was up in the sky assuming it doesn't stop with Malekith's defeat.
Thor actually confronts Malekith when he first arrives on Earth.

So: the corner where the pillar is knocked out is the building that houses the Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul. In that courtyard are the steps where the two piles of rocks are set up perpendicular to one another. At the top of the steps is the pile of rocks with the staircase on it. You remember when we first saw the dark elves, they were coming up over that staircase and down the pile of rocks. Malekith is in the front row and to the left in one of those pictures. There's another picture of Thor facing the elves. We see his back. I think Hemsworth might be standing on a table with blue fabric wrapped around it, suggesting he's either standing on something supernatural (to be CGI's) or he is landing. And you can just see a little bit of Malekith's face there. I think it's obscured by some equipment. So Thor meets Malekith straight away.

I am thinking the scene where Thor and Jane each run by the white motorcoach might be where they first meet again after 2 years. It seems to me that it is early in the dark elves' invasion. Something unusual has happened, and people are running around, evacuating. Jane has her gadget and is trying to relate what she is observing to what she knows about portals. And then Thor shows up.

I agree with your interpretation of the scene on the monitor regarding Thor telling Jane to stay back and then seeing the thing in the sky.

That something in the sky could have approached U-Greenwich via that helicopter footage they shot in October along the Thames. When I have some spare time I want to mark it out on a map to see if it suggests anything.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #791
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor actually confronts Malekith when he first arrives on Earth.

So: the corner where the pillar is knocked out is the building that houses the Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul. In that courtyard are the steps where the two piles of rocks are set up perpendicular to one another. At the top of the steps is the pile of rocks with the staircase on it. You remember when we first saw the dark elves, they were coming up over that staircase and down the pile of rocks. Malekith is in the front row and to the left in one of those pictures. There's another picture of Thor facing the elves. We see his back. I think Hemsworth might be standing on a table with blue fabric wrapped around it, suggesting he's either standing on something supernatural (to be CGI's) or he is landing. And you can just see a little bit of Malekith's face there. I think it's obscured by some equipment. So Thor meets Malekith straight away.
Oh, I dont' disagree with that, although I do think that the jumping down thing might be actually part of him landing on that car later by the column, due to the blue screen around him (if I remember that correctly), but not important at the moment, could be just him landing after flying. Yes, he fights Malekith and Dark Elves earlier, when they go after Jane and Erik, but then the Elves are conspicuously absent during the fight by the column and the cars and I think during Malekith's summoning scene.

Quote:
I am thinking the scene where Thor and Jane each run by the white motorcoach might be where they first meet again after 2 years. It seems to me that it is early in the dark elves' invasion. Something unusual has happened, and people are running around, evacuating. Jane has her gadget and is trying to relate what she is observing to what she knows about portals. And then Thor shows up.
The trouble with it being earlier is, we have this BIG stuff ongoing, going on in Asgard with the 9 realms and wars and such, and I really think they are going to be concentrating on that first. Tom says while they are away "hell breaks loose", that would make it seem like the palace attack and Bourne stuff might be earlier in the film rather than later. And the implication is that Frigga dies early on too, so that's an awful lot of stuff in the first 1/2 of the film with little time for character stuff.

And I think this Malekith fight looks pretty big, especially if he's summoning something for an even bigger fight, so that looks more like part of a finale to me than Bourne woods does (though that looks good, it looks more like the Jotun-Odin wars in the Thor 1 flashback) We've also brought up the idea that Thor may have to abdicate the throne, or choose between Asgard and Midgard, "Moral Sacrifice", but that would certainly come at the end of the film not the beginning, and this scenario would certainly be something that would cause him to be put in that position to make that choice.

Just adding too, the stuff that was filmed at that factory by the railroad, shortly after Greenwich, could be where Thor is being held by the Dark Elves and escapes from. Malekith appears to be alone in his summoning and the fight with Thor by the column, so it may be that Thor's being held my some Elves there per Malekith (maybe he's supposed to keep Thor alive so Surtur can kill him later himself?) so Malekith can do his summoning thing in peace (this also explains why there are people in cars running away when whatever is summoned, stuff has calmed down by then from the earlier invasion and it may be deemed safe at that point, maybe curious onlookers checking it out too). Thor escapes this captivity, (might be cool if he escapes with the help of his human friends) and then he arrives at Greenwich again after that where we see this footage.

RE: the broken column. I think that the scene where Malekith throws him back into the air, he's aimed at the column, so that may account for additional damage that you thought you noticed more on the ground. But it would seem that there is damage prior to that, so that could have come from the fight earlier in the day, or possibly whatever is summoned that causes the initial damage.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-16-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #792
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I dont' disagree with that, although I do think that the jumping down thing might be actually part of him landing on that car later by the column, due to the blue screen around him (if I remember that correctly), but not important at the moment, could be just him landing after flying.
Well, my recollection is that table is further west than the crunched car. But I am feeling too lazy to dig up the pic at the moment.

Quote:
Yes, he fights Malekith and Dark Elves earlier, when they go after Jane and Erik, but then the Elves are conspicuously absent during the fight by the column and the cars and I think during Malekith's summoning scene.
Yes, that *is* curious. We do have a bunch of dark elves drawn off by something in the scene where Thor pushes Malekith back (after Malekith confronts Jane & Co.). So maybe they all go into a portal or something. <shrug>

I said:
Quote:
Quote:
The trouble with it being earlier is, we have this BIG stuff ongoing, going on in Asgard with the 9 realms and wars and such, and I really think they are going to be concentrating on that first. Tom says while they are away "hell breaks loose", that would make it seem like the palace attack and Bourne stuff might be earlier in the film rather than later.
You could still have all those things happen in the film before the scene with the motorcoach. All I said was that I thought it was early in the dark elves' invasion of Earth, and that this scene might be the first time Thor and Jane meet since Thor1. But it still could come after those other scenes and be somewhat well into the film.

Quote:
And I think this Malekith fight looks pretty big, especially if he's summoning something for an even bigger fight, so that looks more like part of a finale to me than Bourne woods does (though that looks good, it looks more like the Jotun-Odin wars in the Thor 1 flashback)
Could well be. In Simonson, there's a big Thor-Malekith fight (#348?) before they ramp up to the Surtur stuff. They're alone because Thor finds Malekith in a passage while his minions are elsewhere.

Also, btw, in that fight, Malekith shape-shifts into a bigger warrior. So maybe that's what the shadowboxing is about at U-Greenwich.

Quote:
Just adding too, the stuff that was filmed at that factory by the railroad, shortly after Greenwich, could be where Thor is being held by the Dark Elves and escapes from.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. They have a cement truck there as I recall.

Quote:
(this also explains why there are people in cars running away when whatever is summoned, stuff has calmed down by then from the earlier invasion and it may be deemed safe at that point, maybe curious onlookers checking it out too).
People excited to post footage of Thor on YouTube

Quote:
RE: the broken column. I think that the scene where Malekith throws him back into the air, he's aimed at the column, so that may account for additional damage that you thought you noticed more on the ground. But it would seem that there is damage prior to that, so that could have come from the fight earlier in the day, or possibly whatever is summoned that causes the initial damage.
Yeah, I had thought about that when I first saw the footage of Bobby Holland Hanton being hauled up by the crane. The pillars would need to crumble almost straight down. So. . .maybe

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #793
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, my recollection is that table is further west than the crunched car. But I am feeling too lazy to dig up the pic at the moment.
don't worry about it, he definitely lands on that car. I have no question about that. There was bluescreen around him where that jumping down thing was shot, so it doesn't really matter if it was right where the car was, because something else is being put in the background, it seems. But it's not important. He'll fly and land more than once, I'm sure.

Quote:
Yes, that *is* curious. We do have a bunch of dark elves drawn off by something in the scene where Thor pushes Malekith back (after Malekith confronts Jane & Co.). So maybe they all go into a portal or something. <shrug>
it looks to me like one guy is pursuing Erik and Jane from where they are coming, he comes out and causes the DE's who stop Jane and Erik to go after him, and then several seconds later Malekith arrives, Thor pushes him back the same way the Elves ran, and then I believe Darcy and probably Ian run over the Jane and Erik a few seconds after that. My only question is why that one guy who is after them gets the other Elves to come away. But not important I suppose. I am wondering if maybe one of the Dark Elves sides with them later and draws the other Elves away from Jane and Erik, (maybe Ian is a Dark Elf in disguise? We've supposed there may be DE plants in human form like Wormwood, spying on Jane and co. Hmm.. )

Quote:
Could well be. In Simonson, there's a big Thor-Malekith fight (#348?) before they ramp up to the Surtur stuff. They're alone because Thor finds Malekith in a passage while his minions are elsewhere.
Something needs to happen to have them be alone, certainly.

Quote:
Also, btw, in that fight, Malekith shape-shifts into a bigger warrior. So maybe that's what the shadowboxing is about at U-Greenwich.
maybe, maybe that's how he takes him down earlier, but then one questions why if it worked before he doesn't do it again in this scene by the column. I was wondering about Kurse there earlier but it really sounds from AAA like he'd be there if Kurse were fighting there.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #794
American Maid
Side-Kick

<Dark Elves chasing Jane & Co>
Quote:
it looks to me like one guy is pursuing Erik and Jane from where they are coming, he comes out and causes the DE's who stop Jane and Erik to go after him, and then several seconds later Malekith arrives, Thor pushes him back the same way the Elves ran, and then I believe Darcy and probably Ian run over the Jane and Erik a few seconds after that. My only question is why that one guy who is after them gets the other Elves to come away. But not important I suppose. I am wondering if maybe one of the Dark Elves sides with them later and draws the other Elves away from Jane and Erik, (maybe Ian is a Dark Elf in disguise? We've supposed there may be DE plants in human form like Wormwood, spying on Jane and co. Hmm.. )
Maybe he's a light elf, and an ally?

Quote:
maybe, maybe that's how he takes him down earlier, but then one questions why if it worked before he doesn't do it again in this scene by the column.
Maybe it doesn't work before. He just shape-shifts for a little while, Thor has none of it, and then he's back to his Malekith form (or maybe he's in gaseous form in-between!)

Quote:
I was wondering about Kurse there earlier but it really sounds from AAA like he'd be there if Kurse were fighting there.
Agreed.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #795
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
<Dark Elves chasing Jane & Co>

Maybe he's a light elf, and an ally?
Maybe, I'm not sure they can shape shift too. I kind of like the idea of a dark Elf hanging around them spying, then maybe he falls for Darcy? *shrugs* I kind of like that idea, reminds me of Robert Englund's character on V where he falls in love with a human.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #796
elizah72
Side-Kick

Here is one I dont' recall seeing before of THor fighting Dark Elves, at Dusk, with a big square white light thing to the side there, and a glowing hammer, and they have sprinklers on or something, lots of wet, so definitely some weather going on...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

One question by the way, that I continue to have about the old report that supposedly a space ship comes and knocks out that pillar, is why then is the identical pillar on the other building (where the other wing would have been) not also covered in blue as if it were knocked out?

Last edited by elizah72; 01-17-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #797
elizah72
Side-Kick

Okay well HERE is something . Check out the guy with the clapboard hanging out of the back of his pants. I believe it says V either 128 or 178 K 1. Assuming 128 or 178 is the scene number (probably 128) then either way that stuff is near the end of the film. In Thor 1 around 128 is when the Destroyer arrives in town, per the online script.

http://blip.tv/splashnewstv/exclusiv...don-uk-6437190

Last edited by elizah72; 01-17-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #798
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay well HERE is something . Check out the guy with the clapboard hanging out of the back of his pants. I believe it says V either 128 or 178 K 1. Assuming 128 or 178 is the scene number (probably 128) then either way that stuff is near the end of the film. In Thor 1 around 128 is when the Destroyer arrives in town, per the online script.

http://blip.tv/splashnewstv/exclusiv...don-uk-6437190
Ooo! Interesting find!

I believe the clapboard says "128"; however, that may not be the scene number. It could be the slate number, if they are using the European system of numbering (which strikes me as likely). So we may not be able to infer anything about its position in the film. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapperboard

This video also has a clapboard in it. If anyone can grab a frame and zoom, we might be able to read what it says.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #799
elizah72
Side-Kick

Let me point out our director is American and so he may be doing it the way he's used to.

That V may stand for 5 possibly, on of the boards pictured on that site has a VI for one of the things (so maybe roll 5?)

most of the board I can see have Scene in the middle, some have it first, but certainly the scene number isn't written in Roman numerals (V), neither is the date. But the Roll or Slate number may be I think.

Here is a picture of a clapboard: that may be set up similarly to that one, so still I say it looks to me like it's likely Scene 128

on that video you posted, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'd say XV and 137 I think... the next box is blank I think, and then there is something at the end I'm not sure of ... maybe 3A (less sure on that, more certain of XV 137 at the beginning) Around scene 137 in the Thor script is after he's defeated the Destroyer but while they are trying to get Heimdall to open the bifrost and find he's not answering, so this fight with Malekith by the column is late it seems (several scenes later than some of the other Greenwich fighting with Elves), but still lots of time left probably once that baddie is knocked down a peg or two to fight something else, I'd say. 163 scenes in the original Thor 1 script.

I'm hoping this will be longer than Thor 1 in any case.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-17-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #800
elizah72
Side-Kick

Old quote from May from Chris H. (hasnt seen a script as of then but knows a rough outline)... anyway think about this...

Quote:
We already know that Natalie Portman will be returning to the project to reprise her role as Jane, but will we also see a return of Thanos? We won't because, according to Hemsworth, he would be "too easy."

"We need a bigger fish," the Aussie said with a laugh.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/05/23...me-of-thrones/

Now even a powered up Malekith and Kurse, are those REALLY considered "bigger fish" than Thanos? I think not!