The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #176
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 1

I loved Rampage! I wish it was available on my iphone. I would love to play it again!

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #177
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 1

Speaking of games, anyone remember playing Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #178
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Oh God yes. That game was sick!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #179
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

thought this was the best place to ask, i've always watch godzilla movies but i know a lot of his fans like gamera's library as well

so can anyone recommended the series and if so which ones

that along with the mothra series

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #180
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

There's only like four solo mothers movies to my knowledge, the original then the rebirth of mothra trilogy, though last I checked rebirth mothra III hadn't been released in the US. As for gamera, I'd say start with the nineties triology, gamera: guardian of the universe, gamera: attack of legion and gamera: revenge of iris. Those are the best IMO, and the 2006 ( I think?) gamera the brave was pretty good too, if a little more mademfor kids.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #181
Gabe99
Side-Kick

'Godzilla' Producers Fire Back at Studio Lawsuit
Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Doug Davison claim they are being booted from the monster movie by Legendary Pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Belloni
The producers of the upcoming Godzilla movie reboot are roaring back at the studio trying to boot them from the project.

In an explosive cross-complaint filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, producers Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Doug Davison allege that Legendary Pictures is improperly trying to kick them off a project they brought to the studio in order to avoid paying them agreed-upon producer fees. They are demanding millions of dollars in damages and say they "seek substantial punitive damages to make an example of Legendary so that it and no other studio will in the future treat their producers in this outrageous manner."

The producers cite some potentially damaging e-mails from Legendary executives.

According to the complaint, "Legendary's chief creative executive Jon Jashni (and now president) specifically promised Lee and Lin in writing that if they could secure the rights for Legendary: 'You know you and your partners will be well treated throughout.' "

The cross-complaint (read here) comes a little more a week after Legendary pre-emptively sued the trio seeking a court order allowing the studio to move forward with the project without the involvement of Lin Pictures and Lee's Vertigo Entertainment. Legendary claims a March 2011 contract requires the producers to be involved in Godzilla only if they are "deemed to be engaged" to produce the film. Legendary says the trio did little to justify being included and have not been involved in developing a new script for the project by Walking Dead co-creator Frank Darabont.

But in the new court filing, the producers claim that not only did they generate the opportunity to remake Godzilla by negotiating with Japanese rights-holder Toho, they brought the project amid a rights bidding war to Legendary, which promised in e-mails that they would be producers on the movie. The producers say Legendary orally agreed to a $25,000 developmental fee, fixed compensation of $1.3 million and 3 percent of the first-dollar gross receipts of the film.

Lin, Lee and Davison say that after they reached the material terms of an agreement that they would serve as producers of Godzilla and receive a specific fixed and backend compensation, they went forward and developed the property. A draft longform agreement was sent in 2011 but was never signed. Nevertheless, the producers say they continued to work on the project, relying on the parties' earlier oral agreement.

The script changed, an additional executive producer was brought in, and Legendary -- according to the cross-claims -- went back to them and tried to get them to lower their fees. They refused.

"Unbeknownst to Cross-Complainants, Legendary had hatched a plan to exclude Cross-Complainants from the project," their papers say. "Whether out of greed or to show some sort of creative dominance over Cross-Complainants or merely due to the whim of Legendary's CEO, Thomas Tull, Legendary decided to turn its promise that Lin, Lee and Davidson would be 'well-treated throughout' on its head."

Legendary then informed the producers that the project was moving on without them.

The producers, represented by noted Hollywood lawyer Larry Stein, are countersuing for breach of oral contract and also asserting promissory fraud for not giving them agreed-upon promised compensation. The cross-claims state that "when Legendary was unable to reduce the compensation it owed Cross-Complainants, Legendary attempted to enforce an unenforceable 'pay or play' provision in their own unsigned draft agreement, all while trying to shield their egregious misconduct from a judge and jury by seeking arbitration under a clause that never was discussed, let alone agreed to, by the parties. Yet Legendary has never given any reason whatsoever for seeking to exclude Cross-Complainants from the Godzilla project, and certainly no such reason exists."

The Godzilla case has raised eyebrows in Hollywood because Legendary appears to be flying in the face of the typical industry custom and practice to include producers who generate material on the films that result from their development efforts. Lin and Lee are well-known producers with credits including Gangster Squad and The Departed, respectively. As such, they typically demand large fees on their movies, and sources say Legendary balked at the expense. Studio execs are said to have first asked the producers to reduce their fees, and when they declined, they were informed via letter over the Christmas break that their services on Godzilla would not be necessary.

Legendary is ramping up for a projected spring production star on the movie, which will be directed by Gareth Edwards and distributed by Warner Bros. Lin, Lee and Davison are asking a court to halt production pending a resolution of the legal dispute.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #182
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
thought this was the best place to ask, i've always watch godzilla movies but i know a lot of his fans like gamera's library as well

so can anyone recommended the series and if so which ones

that along with the mothra series
Shusuke Kaneko's Gamera Trilogy

Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #183
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

cheers guys i managed a decent deal, the gamma trilogy, vs biolante and the original king kong all on blu ray for £30

its a shame the destroy all monsters blu ray is so damned expensive the cheapest is $120

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #184
Victarion
Cut

Why so pricey? Is that a grand finale to the old Godzilla films or something? I've got so many VHS 2-packs of the old Godzilla films its ridiculous. Off the top of my head I have vs Biolante, Gigan, Mecha Godzilla, Ghidora, and the one with space Godzilla (blue Godzilla with crystals on his shoulders).

Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #185
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Awesome I didn't know that miramax had finally released Godzilla versus biollante onndvd/bluray. Gotta get on that lol. That's one of my favorites.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #186
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Why so pricey? Is that a grand finale to the old Godzilla films or something? I've got so many VHS 2-packs of the old Godzilla films its ridiculous. Off the top of my head I have vs Biolante, Gigan, Mecha Godzilla, Ghidora, and the one with space Godzilla (blue Godzilla with crystals on his shoulders).
the company that released went all out, behinds the scenes. retrospectives auto commentary etc

except someone didn't do they're home work and all the rights were not acquired. so toho demanded that it be pulled and no longer allowed it to be reproduced

Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #187
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
cheers guys i managed a decent deal, the gamma trilogy, vs biolante and the original king kong all on blu ray for £30

its a shame the destroy all monsters blu ray is so damned expensive the cheapest is $120

That's one blu ray I wish I never put off purchasing.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #188
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I got it on dvd years ago :P

Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #189
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

yeah but did have all the features the blu ray had

Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #190
Hulk1968
An agent of chaos...

Talking Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I'm wondering right now if Toehi will incorporate this Godzilla into the Godzilla canon in some way, too. If it's well translated, maybe we'll even see a Godzilla vs Godzilla movie, not sure if that's quite been done yet.
It's TOHO, not Toei.

Toho Studios owns the rights to Godzilla and all it's allies /foes.

Unlikely that will ever happen.

It's also been stated that the Big G will fight 2 original kaiju.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #191
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I'm still hoping and wishing for a Godzilla 1985 Blu Ray. Hell,just a regular DVD would be nice!

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #192
Lex Luthor
Evildoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I'm still hoping and wishing for a Godzilla 1985 Blu Ray. Hell,just a regular DVD would be nice!
Godzilla 1985 definately needs a proper release. It's been past overdue.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #193
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk1968 View Post
It's TOHO, not Toei.

Toho Studios owns the rights to Godzilla and all it's allies /foes.

Unlikely that will ever happen.

It's also been stated that the Big G will fight 2 original kaiju.
its possible, zilla is now considered an official kaiju. through truthfully thats probably so toho can **** the character about lol

kinda disappointed its going to be original would love to see ghidorah on the big screen

Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #194
Project862006
Banned User

Frank Darabont talks about his take on Godzilla
Quote:
"What I found very interesting about Godzilla is that he started off definitely as a metaphor for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And some of the atom bomb testing we were doing in the South Pacific in the subsequent years. The giant terrifying force of nature that comes and stomps the **** out of your city, that was Godzilla. Filtered through the very fanciful imaginations of the Japanese perception. And then he became Clifford the Big Red Dog in the subsequent films. He became the mascot of Japan, he became the protector of Japan. Another big ugly monster would show up and he would fight that monster to protect Japan. Which I never really quite understood, the shift.

"What we're trying to do with the new movie is not have it camp, not have it be campy. We're kind of taking a cool new look at it. But with a lot of tradition in the first film. We want this to be a terrifying force of nature. And what was really cool, for me, is there was a very compelling human drama that I got to weave into it. It's not that cliched, thinly disguised romance or bromance, or whatever. It's different, it's a different set of circumstances than you're used to seeing. And that's tremendously exciting as a writer when you're asked to do something else."

Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #195
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quit talking, old man, and take my f***ing money.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #196
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I could listen to Frank Darabont talk about his ideas for hours, he's got the right approach to this reboot.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #197
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I just saw the mist for the first time about a week and a half ago...this man is one of my favorite film makers now. Hell, I wish he was directing.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #198
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
I just saw the mist for the first time about a week and a half ago...this man is one of my favorite film makers now. Hell, I wish he was directing.
Have you ever seen his other Stephen King-based movies? The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are both great.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #199
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I've seen green mile, which was fantastic, haven't seen shawshank yet, though own it, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #200
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

You own Shawshank and haven't watched it?

When you do, you will beat yourself senseless for not doing so.

Closed Thread