The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #776
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
That's one train of thought. But if there's some detail that comes out that I'm not sure about, I'd rather come to grips with it now then let it detract from my first viewing of the film for me.
And that's the other side of the track. I can see it that way too but I'm trusting I will be so distracted by my own hype I'll miss those detractors. The second viewing is another story. With previous movies I didn't notice the huge blunders the first time around until I left the theater. I was blinded by my own excitement. I just knew something wasn't right. lol

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #777
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
And that's the other side of the track. I can see it that way too but I'm trusting I will be so distracted by my own hype I'll miss those detractors. The second viewing is another story. With previous movies I didn't notice the huge blunders the first time around until I left the theater. I was blinded by my own excitement. I just knew something wasn't right. lol
Yeah it's why I'm just getting accustomed to the fact that they are going with the Jor-El prophecy/destiny thing. And also that Justice League is gonna tie into it. Just trying to get comfortable with it all now. Even though it's the wrong decisions to me.

Those fans sure got a good long time to accept that the red trunks are gone.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #778
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
Ok, now it's safe to say that we're so close from seeing stills from Zod, Faora and maybe other characters because, I've just learned that in February (10-13) there will be the NY International Toy Fair, and there we'll see for sure Dc Collectibles ( we have already seen the first one ) from the main characters ( just like last year's TDKR http://batman-news.com/2012/01/24/dc...oman-and-bane/ ) and even Mattel's toys, ( just like last year's TDKR http://batman-news.com/2012/03/12/ma...ret-character/ )..and I highly doubt that WB would reveal Zod, Faora, or even the robot army, through toys..So it's probably time for the Empire great Issue on Man of Steel! And this is their occasion, the end of January, because waiting the end of February would be too late..
The occasion would be a Superbowl trailer, in February 3

Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #779
Denish
Side-Kick

I'd love to see a Superbowl spot, but, WB seems to snub that event ( )..A 30 seconds action packed Man of Steel spot, with superman fighting with zod.. But now I'm getting used being disappointed each month, with Empire first..

Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #780
andresgvasquez
Banned User

I don't think this is real, but Comic Book Movie published a video with, supposedly, a photo of Krypton in MOS. The music sounds a lot like Hans Zimmer, don't you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6x1fdf6Okg

EDIT: It's false, it's taken from Star Trek 2009 art

Last edited by andresgvasquez; 01-17-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #781
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
I don't think this is real, but Comic Book Movie published a video with, supposedly, a photo of Krypton in MOS. The music sounds a lot like Hans Zimmer, don't you think?

The music is all over the place. I'm not sure where that picture came from, but it's an interesting piece of concept art at least. Everything else seems extremely fan-made.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #782
Marvin
Side-Kick

I've noticed that unlike the marvel films, MoS is decidedly not marketing the villains(nor really the female lead).

Given Supermans track record with villains in the public eye, I would hope that changes soon.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #783
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Lego Man of Steel Trailer #2

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #784
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was awesome

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #785
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post

EDIT: It's false, it's taken from Star Trek 2009 art
Damn, sir, you are absolutely correct. Well done.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #786
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
It makes me smile so hard.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #787
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I love it!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #788
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
We talk about how bad we want new stuff, but All we'd do is critique the ever living crap out of it. Every little element out of what ever they'd give us. Lol So when (if) they do start releasing Character pics and such I'm making the conscious effort of not reading descriptions and fans' and non fans' reactions to them. For me I think it will help with my enjoyment of the movie not having little details in my mind I read from someone else while I'm watching it on screen.
I wish I had the will power, I really do.

I was so bad throughout Smallville for spoilers and then dissecting episodes after that I think at some point I sort of forgot to just enjoy the show! I would watch episodes and literally be taking notes on what I was gonna bring up on the forums

I really do want MOS to be a completely immersive experiance that shuts my brain up and just has me on cloud 9.

But I know there are already certain things I already have in my head that will have me thinking of you guys and our discussions if they happen in the film (I.e. If Supes kills Zod somehow, I know my mind will go straight to how much I'm gonna moan about it on here)

It's just the curse of fandom, especially internet discussion forum fandom.

Quote:
That's one train of thought. But if there's some detail that comes out that I'm not sure about, I'd rather come to grips with it now then let it detract from my first viewing of the film for me.
Yeah I agree with this too. Silly example, but I know if I'd walked in not knowing what Amy's hair colour was and had time to let that niggle go, it might have bugged me.

Obviously there may be bigger and much worthier examples of that as we get closer to the release.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 01-17-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #789
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Hey, Hope:

Isn't there an extra day on your MOS countdown sig? It's 148, no?

(Don't be dragging this out more than necessary. )

Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #790
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm starting to think that we won't be getting anything really new or good until February hits.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #791
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Hey, Hope:

Isn't there an extra day on your MOS countdown sig? It's 148, no?

(Don't be dragging this out more than necessary. )
Yes, I've just got in from work and haven't had time to update it today

But in fairness, there have been times since I start this sig at 500 days to go, where i've been over a week out and no ones noticed

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #792
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

So anyway...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #793
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Yeah it's why I'm just getting accustomed to the fact that they are going with the Jor-El prophecy/destiny thing. And also that Justice League is gonna tie into it. Just trying to get comfortable with it all now. Even though it's the wrong decisions to me.

Those fans sure got a good long time to accept that the red trunks are gone.
I can definitely see your point. lol And I agree with the JL not being right for MOS' legacy that I'm wishing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I wish I had the will power, I really do.

I was so bad throughout Smallville for spoilers and then dissecting episodes after that I think at some point I sort of forgot to just enjoy the show! I would watch episodes and literally be taking notes on what I was gonna bring up on the forums

I really do want MOS to be a completely immersive experiance that shuts my brain up and just has me on cloud 9.

But I know there are already certain things I already have in my head that will have me thinking of you guys and our discussions if they happen in the film (I.e. If Supes kills Zod somehow, I know my mind will go straight to how much I'm gonna moan about it on here)

It's just the curse of fandom, especially internet discussion forum fandom.

Yeah I agree with this too. Silly example, but I know if I'd walked in not knowing what Amy's hair colour was and had time to let that niggle go, it might have bugged me.

Obviously there may be bigger and much worthier examples of that as we get closer to the release.
That had me literally laughing out loud. But I understand. It's hard to be as disciplined as I need to be to really go in as green and ignorant as I plan to. Especially for a movie I feel like I might have been waiting on for over 30 years. But I am determined.

For instance I have no idea what discussions have gone on about Zod and ideas of his demise. As soon as I saw that convo starting I clicked out of the forum. I've been doing pretty good so far.

Another example is when that description came out for Trailer 2 I didn't read a single line until after I saw it. Just incase it was legit and would spoil it for me. Thank goodness I stuck to my guns because it was scene for scene. I absolutely loved it because I didn't have any preconceived notions or judgements. I know if I didn't watch the fuzzy Comic Con footage I would have loved it even more.

I mean I love reading and jumping in on speculation but I find it that it's more fun for me when I finally see the movie if I don't go too deep.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #794
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Back up and running after bluetights.net.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #795
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
snyder's watchmen was a gigantic risk for WB a rated r 150 million dollar non franchise comic book movie with no big stars

And Watchmen is actually considered one of the best graphic novel/comic genre film adaptations of all time.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #796
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It feels like we're back at square one (last year during August-November) where we're running (or are already) out of new and interesting things to discuss about regarding the film due to the lack of promotion/info/material to go by off of.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #797
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
And Watchmen is actually considered one of the best graphic novel/comic genre film adaptations of all time.
Since when?

From what I've seen it's been very divisive.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #798
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
That had me literally laughing out loud. But I understand. It's hard to be as disciplined as I need to be to really go in as green and ignorant as I plan to. Especially for a movie I feel like I might have been waiting on for over 30 years. But I am determined.

For instance I have no idea what discussions have gone on about Zod and ideas of his demise. As soon as I saw that convo starting I clicked out of the forum. I've been doing pretty good so far.

Another example is when that description came out for Trailer 2 I didn't read a single line until after I saw it. Just incase it was legit and would spoil it for me. Thank goodness I stuck to my guns because it was scene for scene. I absolutely loved it because I didn't have any preconceived notions or judgements. I know if I didn't watch the fuzzy Comic Con footage I would have loved it even more.

I mean I love reading and jumping in on speculation but I find it that it's more fun for me when I finally see the movie if I don't go too deep.
I really really wish I hadn't seen the trailer description. When I first read it, I actually thought it sounded okay and pretty plausible, and I liked the Martha/Clark exchange immediately... but then I got caught up in the whole 'there's no way they would not show krypton, there's no way they would have no real action scenes etc etc' and started treating it as false and getting my hopes up for some other ideal version of a first trailer.

So yeah, I have to admit, the second the trailer started I got a sense of anti climax. It's only on repeat viewings that I started to realise what an incredible trailer it actually is... and that's only because of mass fan pre conceptions.

I definitely want to avoid anything like that happening again, so yeah i'll be avoiding all 'descriptions', fake or not, of any trailers or scenes from the movie.

I think you're taking the right approach, and i'm gonna try and do the same from now on. Just dipping your feet into the water, not taking a swim in the ocean and getting lost at sea

*\S/T*
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #799
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I really really wish I hadn't seen the trailer description. When I first read it, I actually thought it sounded okay and pretty plausible, and I liked the Martha/Clark exchange immediately... but then I got caught up in the whole 'there's no way they would not show krypton, there's no way they would have no real action scenes etc etc' and started treating it as false and getting my hopes up for some other ideal version of a first trailer.

So yeah, I have to admit, the second the trailer started I got a sense of anti climax. It's only on repeat viewings that I started to realise how beautiful it is, and what a smart decision the tone of it was.

I definitely want to avoid anything like that happening again, so yeah i'll be avoiding all 'descriptions', fake or not, of any trailers or scenes from the movie.

I think you're taking the right approach, and i'm gonna try and do the same from now on. Just dipping your feet into the water, not taking a swim in the ocean and getting lost at sea
Yeah, I definitely stop reading posts the second I feel a specific detail coming on. It works most of the time but every now and then I get an unfortunately nugget.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #800
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

I thought for ages it would be too hard, but the more I think about it i'm getting too scared to WANT to read spoilers now.

I've really put my first viewing of this movie on a pedestal now. Been waiting for it for years, going to see it at an IMAX theatre in another city so it's going to be more of a whole day event, and if I spoil it for myself it'll just be such a shame.

I don't wanna walk out of there knowing it could have been any better if I had done something differently.

Which is why I get so caught up about whether to see it in 3D or not aswell :S

*\S/T*
Closed Thread